Money has encountered a problem and needs to close....... Error Signature: AppName: msmoney.exe ModName: ntdll.dll

This is so annoying!

I ran into this issue with Money 2002.  After a lot of google, I remember I had to set the NLS value in my environment to something and this error was gone.  But, I got a new Laptop over the holidays and I am upgrading to Money 2004.  And I run into this issue, where when I try to go to my Online Accounts update, I get the pop-up window with the error message.  And when I do to see the details it tells me the following:

AppName: msmoney.exe	 AppVer: 12.0.0.613	 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.0.2195.6685	 Offset: 0004c663

Can someone help me with this....... and someone share there NLS setting that I can change to to make this error go away.  I would hope MS would have taken care ofthis Bug, but it still keeps showing up.  Please advice.

JNagi
0
anonymous (74722)
1/2/2004 12:51:05 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

6 Replies
674 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

Same Problem I think..

I've had Money 2004 Deluxe setup to automatically 
download transactions everytime I logon.  It has always 
just entered the transactions into the account and marked 
them with an "E", telling me it had been electronically 
confirmed or added.  I love this feature, BTW.

Now when it takes me to the screen where usually it would 
show how many transactions needed to be added, Money 
crashes, and wants to send a report to Microsoft.  When I 
restart Money, it just says I need to review the 
transcations, but it won't let me see them, nor will it 
add them to my account.

I've re-installed Money, I've used the salvaged utility, 
I've run a repair on my .mny file, and finally I've 
deleted the .mny file, and restored it from my backup on 
CDRW.

Any suggestions???




>-----Original Message-----
>This is so annoying!
>
>I ran into this issue with Money 2002.  After a lot of 
google, I remember I had to set the NLS value in my 
environment to something and this error was gone.  But, I 
got a new Laptop over the holidays and I am upgrading to 
Money 2004.  And I run into this issue, where when I try 
to go to my Online Accounts update, I get the pop-up 
window with the error message.  And when I do to see the 
details it tells me the following:
>
>AppName: msmoney.exe	 AppVer: 12.0.0.613	 ModName: 
ntdll.dll
>ModVer: 5.0.2195.6685	 Offset: 0004c663
>
>Can someone help me with this....... and someone share 
there NLS setting that I can change to to make this error 
go away.  I would hope MS would have taken care ofthis 
Bug, but it still keeps showing up.  Please advice.
>
>JNagi
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
1/2/2004 12:57:45 AM
what is the repair utility that you refer to?  I cannot 
open either money or restore from backup ... get 
the "money has encountered a problem" message.


>-----Original Message-----
>Same Problem I think..
>
>I've had Money 2004 Deluxe setup to automatically 
>download transactions everytime I logon.  It has always 
>just entered the transactions into the account and 
marked 
>them with an "E", telling me it had been electronically 
>confirmed or added.  I love this feature, BTW.
>
>Now when it takes me to the screen where usually it 
would 
>show how many transactions needed to be added, Money 
>crashes, and wants to send a report to Microsoft.  When 
I 
>restart Money, it just says I need to review the 
>transcations, but it won't let me see them, nor will it 
>add them to my account.
>
>I've re-installed Money, I've used the salvaged utility, 
>I've run a repair on my .mny file, and finally I've 
>deleted the .mny file, and restored it from my backup on 
>CDRW.
>
>Any suggestions???
>
>
>
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>This is so annoying!
>>
>>I ran into this issue with Money 2002.  After a lot of 
>google, I remember I had to set the NLS value in my 
>environment to something and this error was gone.  But, 
I 
>got a new Laptop over the holidays and I am upgrading to 
>Money 2004.  And I run into this issue, where when I try 
>to go to my Online Accounts update, I get the pop-up 
>window with the error message.  And when I do to see the 
>details it tells me the following:
>>
>>AppName: msmoney.exe	 AppVer: 12.0.0.613	 ModName: 
>ntdll.dll
>>ModVer: 5.0.2195.6685	 Offset: 0004c663
>>
>>Can someone help me with this....... and someone share 
>there NLS setting that I can change to to make this 
error 
>go away.  I would hope MS would have taken care ofthis 
>Bug, but it still keeps showing up.  Please advice.
>>
>>JNagi
>>.
>>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
1/2/2004 3:34:08 AM
I found the solution to this problem!  I have an environment variable called "NLSPATH" that MS Money 2002 or 2004 doesn't seem to like.  So I renamed it to "_NLSPATH" and Bingo, I was able to update my accounts online.  NO ISSUES!

But what bothers me is that why Microsoft doesn't address samll issues like these.  You have to chase the whole world to find a solution for a Microsoft Product from a NON Microsoft person.  It sucks......

PS:  For those who want to know how to update the NLSPATH variable, this is what you do ->

Right Click on "My Computer", select Properties, and go to "Advanced" Tab.  Then select "Environment Variables..." and see in both User and System Variables for "NLSPATH", if you see it double click and change it.  Click OK and and OK again to close the Properties.  Now to make sure, your changes took place, launch a dos window and at the C: prompt type "set" (eg. C:\>set).  This will list all your environment variables and see for the change that you made.  If the change was made, then you are okay and go ahead work with MS Money, if not reboot your machine for the variable to take effect.
0
anonymous (74722)
1/2/2004 3:51:05 AM
What if we don't see the NLSPATH in the User and System 
Variables?


>-----Original Message-----
>I found the solution to this problem!  I have an 
environment variable called "NLSPATH" that MS Money 2002 
or 2004 doesn't seem to like.  So I renamed it 
to "_NLSPATH" and Bingo, I was able to update my accounts 
online.  NO ISSUES!
>
>But what bothers me is that why Microsoft doesn't 
address samll issues like these.  You have to chase the 
whole world to find a solution for a Microsoft Product 
from a NON Microsoft person.  It sucks......
>
>PS:  For those who want to know how to update the 
NLSPATH variable, this is what you do ->
>
>Right Click on "My Computer", select Properties, and go 
to "Advanced" Tab.  Then select "Environment 
Variables..." and see in both User and System Variables 
for "NLSPATH", if you see it double click and change it.  
Click OK and and OK again to close the Properties.  Now 
to make sure, your changes took place, launch a dos 
window and at the C: prompt type "set" (eg. C:\>set).  
This will list all your environment variables and see for 
the change that you made.  If the change was made, then 
you are okay and go ahead work with MS Money, if not 
reboot your machine for the variable to take effect.
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
1/2/2004 4:17:07 AM
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316897&Product=mny

"JNagi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:40348764-0F5C-4671-8CEC-53BCCA6C7C1F@microsoft.com...
> I found the solution to this problem!  I have an environment variable
called "NLSPATH" that MS Money 2002 or 2004 doesn't seem to like.  So I
renamed it to "_NLSPATH" and Bingo, I was able to update my accounts online.
NO ISSUES!
>
> But what bothers me is that why Microsoft doesn't address samll issues
like these.  You have to chase the whole world to find a solution for a
Microsoft Product from a NON Microsoft person.  It sucks......
>
> PS:  For those who want to know how to update the NLSPATH variable, this
is what you do ->
>
> Right Click on "My Computer", select Properties, and go to "Advanced" Tab.
Then select "Environment Variables..." and see in both User and System
Variables for "NLSPATH", if you see it double click and change it.  Click OK
and and OK again to close the Properties.  Now to make sure, your changes
took place, launch a dos window and at the C: prompt type "set" (eg.
C:\>set).  This will list all your environment variables and see for the
change that you made.  If the change was made, then you are okay and go
ahead work with MS Money, if not reboot your machine for the variable to
take effect.


0
abcd7779 (838)
1/2/2004 5:40:45 PM
>-----Original Message-----
>This is so annoying!
>
>I ran into this issue with Money 2002.  After a lot of 
google, I remember I had to set the NLS value in my 
environment to something and this error was gone.  But, I 
got a new Laptop over the holidays and I am upgrading to 
Money 2004.  And I run into this issue, where when I try 
to go to my Online Accounts update, I get the pop-up 
window with the error message.  And when I do to see the 
details it tells me the following:
>
>AppName: msmoney.exe	 AppVer: 12.0.0.613	 ModName: 
ntdll.dll
>ModVer: 5.0.2195.6685	 Offset: 0004c663
>
>Can someone help me with this....... and someone share 
there NLS setting that I can change to to make this error 
go away.  I would hope MS would have taken care ofthis 
Bug, but it still keeps showing up.  Please advice.
>
>JNagi
>.
>This seems to be working.  Here is the link to MS 
website for MS Money 2003 fix.  I just tried it with 
Money 2004 Small Business and it worked.

POaky - Good Luck!
0
anonymous (74722)
1/4/2004 4:34:59 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Question -Problem
Has anybody ever seen an error message (0x800cccF6) message? I cannot configure my Outlook to retrieve Hotmail. Works with other profiles on this computer running winxp. Stan-The-Man-2006 wrote: > Has anybody ever seen an error message (0x800cccF6) message? I cannot > configure my Outlook to retrieve Hotmail. Works with other profiles > on this computer running winxp. If you have a free Hotmail account, note that it won't work anymore (even your other profiles will eventually have problems) - see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm#hotmail ...

AD Sync problem
Hello, One of my DC was disconnected from the network for quite a long time and cannot be synchronized with AD anymore. I have been trying to apply the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325850/en-us procedure to reset the machine account password. After launching the command "netdom resetpwd /S: ....." I've got the following error message : "The machine account password for the local machine could not be reset. Echec d'ouverture de session : unknown user or incorrect password. The command failed to complete successfully." ANy idea to help me ? Man...

WCF Client serialization problem
I posted the problem on another forum, and to prevent duplicate posts, but get as many professionals as possible to look at it, I include the url in this post. Please help! http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2948657/migrating-webclient-to-wcf-wcf-client-serializes-parametername-of-method ...

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong
I’m using MS Project 2007, have several task linked with finish to start. I have set date to schedule from, hours per day set to 8 and Working Monday thru Friday. My schedule shows Task 1 Duration 4 days, start Wed 6/2/10, Finish Mon 6/7/10 Task 2 Duration 3 days, start Mon 6/7/10, Finish Thu 6/10/10 Task 2 should have a Start Date of 6/8/10 not 6/7/10; what is causing this? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

How to repair a .dll file in IE8
Several days ago I noticed in my Dependency Walker that the IESHIMS.dll files has a yellow circle with a question mark on it. What does this mean and How do I repair it? OS: Windows Vista Home Premium Browser Internet Explorer 8 -- TW Hi, See the History tab on that dialog. A web search for ieshims.dll files will also help you find a solution for that file. Regards. "TW" <TW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63E61463-D766-4ABC-B081-BFA8C04FB159@microsoft.com... > Several days ago I noticed in my Dependency Walker that the IESHIMS....

Excel button problem
Hi All I have a macro that copies a worksheet in the active workbook and puts it into a new workbook - then formats it and deletes any buttons on the worksheet. On the first click on the button the macro works ok. On the second click, it fails because the all assigned macros on all buttons in the active workbook changed from "mba" to "book1!mba". Book 1 doesn't exists (wasn't opened, wasn't saved, doesn't have the macros). I've never experienced this problem before?? Can anyone help to solve this problem? FYI The macro to do this is c...

New to excel
Hi All, I'm new to Excel ( and to this forum :) ) and so I hope somebody may b able to help me. I've got 2 questions.... QUESTION 1 I've got a spreadsheet which takes data from one worksheet and uses i to calculate data in a second worksheet using the following code formula: =IF('4th November 2005'!B19="","nothing here dude",IF(B19<'4th Novembe 2005'!B19,"UP",IF(B19='4th November 2005'!B19,"Same",IF(B19>'4t November 2005'!B19,"DOWN")))) The problem is, when I create a new worksheet I have...

Problems with reallocations in the Advanced Budget
I am a using the Advanced Budget in Money and for years I have reallocated money between categories and months. recently when I updated my transactions all my real locations were wrong. Basically the money I allocated from March to February was not only back in February it reversed it and made it look like I sent Money from February to March so now any category that I have reallocated money (an that is most) is wrong. Does anyone know of a way to fix this, I have run the repair, but that did nothing. Microsoft Money Plus Premium Version 17.0.125.1415 I am so glad to see that I am...

Autonumber created.. problems in the future?
I managed to create an autonumber in Microsoft CRM. I did this by making a field "Number"(in the database "New_Number") and I published it on the form. Then I went To the SQL server and I changed the field in the table to Identity Yes, Identity seed 1, Identity Increment 1. I locked the field on the form. It worked! I think that this is not supported by Microsoft. But has anybody got any idea which troubles i could get with this configuration? San ________________________________ Do you know all add-ons for Microsoft CRM? Visit http://www.pimpmycrm.com The biggest dange...

Outlook 0x800ccc0d error when Norton e-mail protect enabled: see hosts
This post is made to help others solve this issue, based on my experience. Symptom: - Outlook works perfectly well when Norton Anti-Virus e-mail protection is disabled - Outlook cannot retrieve incoming messages when NAV e-mail protection is enabled, message being: pop3 server not found, error 0x800ccc0d This symptom, and possible solutions, are exactly the object of Symantec support note: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2000020716064206 Please read this note first ! The object of this post is to add another possible solution to this problem. NAV email protection sets up...

Document Viewer installer error
I recently ran CHKDSK /F as this was prompted when I attempted to run defrag etc. Since the chkdsk was run, when I turn my PC on, I receive the following message: "document viewier - installed encountered an unexpected error - error code 2908". I click run, the same error just repeats and loops. The only was I can remove it is to end task via task manager. Any ideas how I can correct this error? many thanks ...

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error
Does anyone know why VLOOKUP and Compare formulas don't work o information originating from a CSV file? I've tried copying an pasting values only (to leave behind any formatting), but it doesn' help. Through countless tests, I've narrowed it down to the CSV file bein the only possible cause -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi ajpowers, Just a guess but the imported data may have leading or trailing spaces or are numbers stored as text. You could use the formula =A1=D1 to see if you get a true or false, where A1 is the lookup value and D1 ia the CVS valu...

Uninstall of mappoint has caused errors with excel
Hi, I am running Office 2003 on the terminal server (windows 2003) and had a copy of mappoint as well. This is a mapping program. We ininstalled mappoint which has caused an error message with Excel and other office products. The error says "Cd:\documents and settings\administrator.ocrdc1\application data\microsoft\addins c:\Program files\common files\microsoft shared\geography\mpoai9.dll is not a valid add-in." I then click OK and excel opens up and everything is fine. The problem is that we are using other programs as well such as Quickbooks that export to excel and t...

Cannot open Outlook, keep getting Send error report of Microsoft.
We are having problems with Outlook 2003. Everytime we try to open, we get this: Send error report to Microsoft. Any ideas why? All windows and office update have been completed. ...

message delivery problems
Hello! There are several email address that when I send them an e-mail, they just sit in the Queue. I did message tracking and its telling me that "Message Routed and Queued for Remote Delivery". Can anyone suggest symptoms for this? Thank You! usually messages sitting in outgoing queue take time due to DNS related issues. Do you have issues performing NSlookups on any domains from your workstation? Can you perform the same NSlookups from the exchange server? From the exchange server, can you perform smtp communication directly to the mailserver that would receive the e...

Offline Synchronization Problem #2
I get the following error when I try going offline. The excelption is taken from Event Viewer of the Client Machine. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMOfflineSync Event Category: None Event ID: 6000 Date: 3/25/2008 Time: 5:03:33 PM User: N/A Computer: WINXP Description: An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. saInsert failed for entity 'ActivityMimeAttachment', batchRows=0 with exception System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument li...

Unknown error from CFtpConnection::GetFile()...
Hi all, I'm having intermittent problems with CFtpConnection::GetFile()... 99% of the time GetFile() succeeds but occasionally it fails and returns FALSE with a GetLastError of 0x2EFF (12031) which I can't find documented/defined anywhere... Anyone know what this error means...? Where it is defined...? A bit of searching on on the web seems to suggest; "The connection with the server has been reset." Can anyone confirm this...? Many thanks, Andy. Andrew Kilgore wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm having intermittent problems with CFtpConnection::GetFile()... > 99%...

Error 550 Relaying denied
I get this nearly every time I try to send information using MS Outlook email. Any suggestions? You probably need to turn on authentication to your outgoing server. You can do so on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your mail account. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:9cf101c3eacf$a3250cb0$a401280a@phx.gbl, Dick Brenneke wrote: > I get this nearly every time I try to send information > using MS Outlook email. Any suggestions? Th...

Problem with Range
Hello All, Using Windows & Excel XP. I have a worksheet that has times located in every other column, A1:A30, C1:C30, E1:E30. I then name the range "times". I want to find the count of times that are between 0:30:00 and 0:39:59 (30 and 39:59 minutes). I write the formula: =COUNTIF(times,">=" & TIME(0,30,0)) - COUNTIF(times,">=" & TIME(0,39,59)) but get the error #VALUE! I have tried writing a formula for times in one column and consecutive columns and it gives the correct count, it is just when the times in every other column that th...

I need a macro
I would like a macro to do the following: I would place the the cursor in any cell and this macro would give me the average of all the entries to the left if the selected cell. EX: I place the cursor in cell M12. I want this macro on display in cell M12 the average of all the values from Col C12 to Col L12. Note that there may NOT be entries in all the cells in that range. Also the start point would always be col C .Thanks You can do this easily with a worksheet_selection event in the sheet module but you would probably want to restrict to a certain range or columns and rows or it woul...

Having problem with spoofing email
Our users just received multiple email from different users outside the company. In the To: line, it shows his user name correctly but when he print those email, the To: line was showing somebody else name on the print out. Is there a way to block this behavior? I'm using E2k3. For some reason our spam (postini) didn't pick up these emails. Thank you, Could you please post the message in raw format (including the mail headers) Petch wrote: > Our users just received multiple email from different users outside the > company. In the To: line, it shows his user name cor...

outlook 97 and express email problems
Hi, I am currently on an IBM X21 laptop and is running windows 98 se with office 97 pro. I recently experienced some problems with outlook (illegal operations etc) and reinstalled office to fix the problem but since then I have not been able to send or recieve emails with outlook 97 and outlook express 6. I simply get an error message saying the host can't be found (but does exist and I can ping it successfully). Any suggestions on what I might do? I have tried creating new accounts in windows mail and outlook express, but I still get the same error. Thankyou in advance! Tim D...

I cannot get Outlook to send/receive. Error says object not found
I just installed Outlook2007. I cannot get the send/receive to work. That is when the error says Object not found. If I go to accounts and properties, I run the two tests and they complete fine. What should I try next? Outlook 2007 is the only new program, all the rest are from Office 2003 IMK <IMK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Outlook2007. I cannot get the send/receive to work. > That is when the error says Object not found. If I go to accounts and > properties, I run the two tests and they complete fine. What should I > try next? Outlook 2007 is ...

MOVE TO FOLDER... only appears. I need MOVE TO FOLDER
This is very odd and I've found that I've had this problem before with not finding icons. Some I've found at the office don't appear here and vice versa, or they act differently. I have Outlook 2000 in both places! Very odd. At home, I couldn't find the HIGH IMPORTANCE icon under the list of items available in the customize. Yet I have it at work. That's the one where when the HIGH IMPORTANCE is on, it shows a depressed button state. I really need that in both places. Anyway, simple (or so I thought) - I ended up just brining the toolbar from work on a floppy, a...

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP
Hello All, I am having a problem sending encrypted email messages using OLXP if they are NOT in HTML format. Everything seems to work fine with OL2000 and OL2003. Any ideas about what may be going on? GW Gee Weez <weez.gee@gmail.com> wrote: > I am having a problem sending encrypted email messages using OLXP if > they are NOT in HTML format. Everything seems to work fine with OL2000 > and OL2003. Any ideas about what may be going on? Do you tell your doctor you're "having problems" or do you describe your symptoms with as much precision as you can manage? -- ...