Money Express doesn't allow Deposits and Withdrawals

I have Money 2004 installed on Windows XP Professional.
I'd like to use Money Express to enter deposit and
withdrawal transactions, but these menu items are
disabled. When I right-click the money express icon on
the task bar, I see a menu option to "Add a New
Withdrawal", but the item is gray and disabled. This item
becomes enabled when I launch the full Money application,
but that defeats the purpose of quick transaction entry.

I vaguely remember searching for a solution to this
problem months ago, and I think I found something that
suggested the problem is related to using Passport login
with Money. Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks, Dave
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

You are correct--you cannot use this feature with a Money file that is using
Passport.

"Dave Smith" <magellan94@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have Money 2004 installed on Windows XP Professional.
> I'd like to use Money Express to enter deposit and
> withdrawal transactions, but these menu items are
> disabled. When I right-click the money express icon on
> the task bar, I see a menu option to "Add a New
> Withdrawal", but the item is gray and disabled. This item
> becomes enabled when I launch the full Money application,
> but that defeats the purpose of quick transaction entry.
>
> I vaguely remember searching for a solution to this
> problem months ago, and I think I found something that
> suggested the problem is related to using Passport login
> with Money. Does anybody know a solution?
>
> Thanks, Dave

0
bjclarinet (489)

Outlook express could not be started!
When I try to open outlook express I get a pop up window with the following: "Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to create the Internet Account Manager. Your Computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. Contact microsoft support for further assistant. (0x800705AA)" Then I get an "OK" button fater pressing it I get another window with the following: "Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. Outlook Express may not be install correctly" What do the errors mean. My comp. has enought m...

Money 2005 problem
I upgraded to money 2005 from money 2004 on my computer. I initially created a new money 2005 using a trial version on my work computer with no problems. I tried to move the file from my work computer to my house, and when I try to open the money 2005 file, I get prompted that the file is going to be upgraded, followed by the error that the file could not be found or opened. I installed the Money 2005 premium version on my work computer and the file opens fine. Could it be something did not get upgraded properly when I upgraded from 2005 to 2005 on my home computer? Thanks Make sure...

Money 2004 #98
Hi, I lost my hard drive that had the USA Money 2002 program but have the Money backup files on a flash drive. I do not recall using a password with Money 2002. I installed a new licensed copy of Money 2004 on a different hard drive. Will this work and what are the steps to get the backup files to open in Money 2004. I am able to get the Money 2004 program to open but cannot get it to read anything from the files. Many thanks. Smith In microsoft.public.money, Smith wrote: > > >I lost my hard drive that had the USA Money 2002 program but have the Money >backup files on a ...

money 2006 no longer runs after installing HP image zone
After installing HP image zone my Money 2006 no longer runs and I get an error saying I need to run setup to install some components. When I re-run setup it also does not complete saying it could not install certain components. I've tried uninstalling completely and then reinstalling as other posts suggest, but no luck. I'd like to know what components Money is installing toward the end of the install. The install runs most of the way and copies all its files, but toward the end it quits with the error message. Any one know what components it could be using? ...

upgrading to newer edition of Money
Can any answer this: I'm using Microsoft Money 2002, and recently got Money 2004 for free when I bought some tax software, and I want to install it, but keep all the info. currently in my Money program. How do I do this? Do I just put the Money 2004 CD in the computer, install it, and all my info. will automatically transfer over? Thanks .. Anthony In microsoft.public.money, Anthony Martini wrote: >Can any answer this: I'm using Microsoft Money 2002, and >recently got Money 2004 for free when I bought some tax >software, and I want to install it, but keep all the...

Outlook Express #85
How can I minimize it so it goes to my taskbar and stays open when my computer ison ? I know I have has it set to it before, but cant get it back! Any help ? "Evil Genius" <xops@ebtech.net> wrote in message news:056801c3b15d$e2dd3a90$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can I minimize it so it goes to my taskbar and stays > open when my computer ison ? I know I have has it set to > it before, but cant get it back! Any help ? > This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program d...

Money 99 entering transactions in IRA accounts
Can a dividend be both entered and reinvested in an IRA account as a single transaction and have the "income" reflected as "tax exempt"? The "receipt" and reinvestment can be done in a single transaction, but I can't find a way to avoid having it reflected in dividends received which is taxable. In microsoft.public.money, bstone wrote: >Can a dividend be both entered and reinvested in an IRA >account as a single transaction and have the "income" >reflected as "tax exempt"? The "receipt" and reinvestment >can...

Money Error Message #4
I'm still getting the error message when trying to open my Money file: "Money is not properly installed. Please try setup again. Now I've had this file created for about 5 years and the only problems I've ever had with it were over the holidays when Microsoft had a server update that went awry and now this one. Is anyone else having the same problem? Thanks What version/edition of Money? What else has happened recently in your local environment? (OS upgrade, installed new AV ware, etc.......................................) "bhanacik" <bhanacik@discussio...

Money Plus Delux keeps asking for restart
Ever since the recent update that was pushed down by MS, Money Plus tells me that to completely install the updates, I need to restart the computer. Never mind that I restarted it several times since that update, the message keeps popping up every time I exit from the program. Anybody else noticed this? perhaps you meant to post this to the Money group? This is Office. JP wrote: > Ever since the recent update that was pushed down by MS, Money Plus > tells me that to completely install the updates, I need to restart the > computer. Never mind that I restarted it ...

MONEY 2006 portfolio manager
I am confused as to what is actually being terminated. I have used MONEY and Moneycentral for many years to keep track of my investment portfolio. I have entered all of the information manually, most of my investments are bonds and that is the only way to do it. Also my brokerage is Zionsdirect and they don't provide a feed. Now in the future will I be able to continue as I am doing now. The bond portion should be OK as long as the program continues to keep track of the date and updates the interet payments that I have manually scheduled. Stocks and mutual fund prices will req...

Money 97 Update
Money 97 needs an update to work on Windows 98 (precisely w/ IE 4.+), but try as I might I can find no references to it--Mny97--anywhere; it's as though it never existed. Is it that much of a dinosaur? Maybe so, since they seem to come out with a new version every year. I just wanted to dust it off to use for some bookkeeping chores. Can it be updated at all? aTdHvAaNnKcSe ~CC Although it displays en error, you can install it and use it without any updates. I've had it installed and running on 98, Me, 2000, and XP. "Chris" <chcannon@msn.com> wrote in messag...

Money 2003 US Edition
I have purchsed a copy of Microsoft Money 2003 in the US, I am now trying to use it in south africa, but none of the online banking facilities are availabe. Only american banks apear on the list of institutions. Is there a site or download which I can use to update the program to inlude British and South African banks. Thans for your assistance ...

Money 2006 business budgeting
It looks like business accounts and categories can not be included in the budgeting tool. Is that really so? Is there an alternative to planning business expenses? I am using cash flow forecast but I really miss a budget. thanks From what I've read here, that is so. "Ronaldo Martins" <RonaldoMartins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:576ACC7A-9515-4EDB-A078-8AF50488616B@microsoft.com... > It looks like business accounts and categories can not be included in the > budgeting tool. > Is that really so? ...

Outlook Express? #2
I can not find a newsgroup for outlook express. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks! Hey MAB, which language? "MAB" <mike@arin.k12.pa.us> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#edEDJBPEHA.2740@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I can not find a newsgroup for outlook express. Can anyone point me in the > right direction? Thanks! > > Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office...

money 2005 03-17-10
I installed money plus trial It would not convert my old files I uninstalled it and restored money 2005, now it wants to convert the old files but they were created on 2005 and says cannot find these files may be read only and no permission etc Any ideas Money+ is effectively US only and cannot read non-US files. If you reinstall M2005 you need an on-line patch to convert the as issued M2005 to a patched version. Load M2005 and open the sample.mny file, let it go on-line and get the patch. You should then be OK to open your file. Note the on-line patch server will die i...

error trying to export messages from Outlook Express 6
I have a new computer and am trying to move my account and messages from the old computer to the new one. I was able to export/import account settings, but have not been able to move the messages I have stored. I tried to use Export Messages, but received the following error message: --The export could not be performed. --An error occurred while initializing MAPI. Any ideas? Cannot seem to find anything about this in the Knowledge Base. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these new...

The size of the Money Express dialog.
Am I the only one always trying to drag the Money Express window to a larger size? At a desktop resolution 1600 x 1200 the window seems ridiculously small. I wonder what software engineering complication would demand that the Money Express window be fixed at that size. Isn't having to needlessly scroll a cardinal rule GUI design somewhere? If I had any more than 2 or 3 Favorite accounts I get the feeling that I might not even see the upcoming events. ;) Thanks for letting me get that off my chest from over the years (currently using M04). Jon (who would be happy if someone called me a...

Can you convert info from money 2000 to Money 2002?????
Can you convert info from money 2000 on a lap top to a desk top pc having Money 2002????? Generally, speaking, yes. "John" <Jsmillenaar@aol.com> wrote in message news:1cfd01c38ecc$7a19f560$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Can you convert info from money 2000 on a lap top to a > desk top pc having Money 2002????? ...

Money 2004 Premium download transactions not displayed in account.
After I download statements into Money 2004 premium, they are not displayed in the register. A notice that I have statements to read appears in the Home Page Reminders window. Money shows that transactions have been downloaded in the Accounts list, but the transactions are not displayed in the account. I have found similar knowledge base messages for Money 2002 Delux & Business. I have run the standard repare program. That produced a warning that broken records exist in the system table. The program did not fix the problem. I re-installed the Money Program Problem still exists. ...

Money Deluxe 2004 #2
When I open money, the bank balance on the home page is incorrect. When I actually open the bank register, the balance is correct, as is the balance on my financial reports. Why is the balance incorrect on the home page? I have re-installed money, same problem In microsoft.public.money, Jack Johnson wrote: >When I open money, the bank balance on the home page is >incorrect. When I actually open the bank register, the >balance is correct, as is the balance on my financial >reports. Do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair I just posted a same question not know...

Money 2005 doubles up debt in Budget Planner #2
What are some scenarios where Money 2005 might show a car payment in the following categories: Auto : Car Payment Special : Debt It is skewing my monthly budget estimations. Thanks in advance! To gfive more information.. I think Money 2005 thinks I still have a Special : Car Loan category set up, but I don't. Looking at previous months (but after the money 2005 install), it allocated the car payment under the below budget categories. However, it never posted to the "Special : Debt" section of the budget b/c it had already posted to the " Auto : Car Payment " ...

Requested registry access is not allowed with Integration Manager
Hi, When I install Integration Manager Service Pack 2 on Windows Server 2008 Standard, I got this error: "Requested registry access is not allowed" and the installation stop. My user is in the Administrator group. Solution: Start the Command Prompt (located in the Accessories group) as a user that has administrative privileges on the local computer. (To do this, right-click on the Command Prompt shortcut and select Run as administrator.) Set the current directory to the location where you copied the .msp file. Enter the following command: Msiexec /p MicrosoftIntegrationMa...

Money 2002 file dont open in 2006
Hi, my (backup and money 2002 editio) files won;t open in my newly installed 2006 edition (deluxe). It tryies to convert it but it fails displaying a message saying that its a previous version or something. Any suggestions? S. There is a solution but I don't remember what it is. Something about needing a newer version of Money to convert your 2002 file first. Then 2006 will recognize it. I think there is a file you can download for this purpose. Search the FAQ or this list as the answer has been given many times. You should save your 2002 disc, you will probably be able to s...

Outlook Express 6 #52
I have a question using oe6. When I want to block a sender, I go to message/ block sender. But, when I go to Tools/Message Rules/ Blocked Senders List-It only shows the most current sender address I blocked. What if I want to start receiving email from a sender I had blocked. Where do I find the list of ALL blocked sender addresses? Thank you This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this...

C# and Microsoft Money?
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help? I am trying to find out if it is possible to link my microsoft money with a custom application I am developing in C# I presume it has some developer documentation somewhere? It would allow me to read and write account details, invoices etc?? Thanks in advance Ian There's no interface documentation available - MS keep that pretty close to their chests. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsof...