Money: Err Msg: Path Has Not Been Properly Set Up

please help....

Microsoft Money. The path is not properly set up in the registry or has been
moved after running Money's Setup. Please re-install Money. Otherwise, Money
may not be able to run properly.

re-instal wont help
deleting registry entry dasn.t help.
windowx xp sp2 Ms Money 97 (v.5.0)
..

0
marco6330 (2)
9/29/2004 3:26:53 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Are you using an administrator account to run the software?

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

"peter" <marco@kerkelanden.com> wrote in message
> please help....
>
> Microsoft Money. The path is not properly set up in the registry or has
> been moved after running Money's Setup. Please re-install Money.
> Otherwise, Money may not be able to run properly.
>
> re-instal wont help
> deleting registry entry dasn.t help.
> windowx xp sp2 Ms Money 97 (v.5.0)
> .

0
glyn1 (1534)
9/29/2004 7:58:39 PM
Yes, the accout  has admin. rights

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> schreef in bericht
> Are you using an administrator account to run the software?
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org
>
> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> if it's a UK specific wish.
>
> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>
> "peter" <marco@kerkelanden.com> wrote in message
>> please help....
>>
>> Microsoft Money. The path is not properly set up in the registry or has
>> been moved after running Money's Setup. Please re-install Money.
>> Otherwise, Money may not be able to run properly.
>>
>> re-instal wont help
>> deleting registry entry dasn.t help.
>> windowx xp sp2 Ms Money 97 (v.5.0)
>> .

0
marco6330 (2)
9/30/2004 6:24:47 AM
Try removing all of Money as per
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=265111 and then reinstalling
again. Make sure you have a safe copy of your money file before you do this,
as a precaution

--

> Yes, the accout  has admin. rights
>

> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> schreef in bericht
>> Are you using an administrator account to run the software?
>>
>> --
>> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
>> http://money.mvps.org
>>
>> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
>> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
>> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
>> if it's a UK specific wish.
>>
>> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>>
>> "peter" <marco@kerkelanden.com> wrote in message
>>> please help....
>>>
>>> Microsoft Money. The path is not properly set up in the registry or has
>>> been moved after running Money's Setup. Please re-install Money.
>>> Otherwise, Money may not be able to run properly.
>>>
>>> re-instal wont help
>>> deleting registry entry dasn.t help.
>>> windowx xp sp2 Ms Money 97 (v.5.0)
>>> .

0
glyn1 (1534)

Re: Money Not Handling Like Transactions the Right Way
Carl, tks for your reply. - I believe this problem is within MS Money, and how it is perceiving two like transactions when it downloads transaction from my checking account. Following germane: - This is not QIF statements, it is the automatic downloading of transactions from my bank. I provide MS Money the username and password, and it downloads the transactions. SOP. - The monthly transfers are from my checking account to T. Rowe Price via monthly debit set up long ago. - Both individual transactions show up properly when I access my checking account via my bank website - Both t...

Money 2004 shuts down without warning
This is a new one on me. But I see from a Google search that this problem also strikes 05. The solution in 05 is apparently to go to Tools/Settings/Program settings and choose a page other than Investment Performance to open with. I am able to open the sample.mny file and I guessed at what the appropriate change was for 04 -- in other words, I chose to open Money on something other than the Inv Performance page. But my main file still crashes on opening (no error message, nothing, it just opens and crashes before I can really see anything). Any suggestions? This is getting even we...

Business Portal should allow me to access different dynamics.set
I use GP to manage several different companies. Each company had different check formats. It is fairly simple to set up different report.dic files for different companies if you are using terminal services directly or are using GP from your desktop, however, if you are running thru Business Portal you are only allowed to point to one dynamics.set file. It would be great if you could set up BP so that it would point to different dynamics.set files for differnt companies. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

Cen an Excel file be set up to no longer open after a certain date????
Any help would be very much appreciated. Is there a way to set up an excel file to not open after a certain date or after a certain amount of time? Thank you in advance!! Lou Blah wrote: > Any help would be very much appreciated. > > Is there a way to set up an excel file to not open after a certain > date or after a certain amount of time? > > Thank you in advance!! > > Lou This could be done with a VBA Macro but you would have to take security measures to keep the user from tampering with the code. Maybe even incoporate code that deletes all of the data includ...

Money 2005 Beta
The Microsoft Money Team would like to invite you to participate in their upcoming beta program for Microsoft Money 2005. Our goal is to have a well targeted group of testers willing to actively participate and provide useful feedback to our development team. Please carefully consider your willingness and ability to test Money 2005. Your feedback will be critical to the success of our product. Regular and consistent participation throughout the program is expected. Some of the great features of Microsoft Money 2005 are: *Find what you need quickly. Easy yet powerful, Money works with ...

import Exchange 2003 information stores into newly set up Exchange 2007
Exchange 2007 set up and running beautifully. But I had a previous Exchange 2003 that was running as part of SBS on a different domain that I would like to import private and public information stores into the new Exchange 2007 environment. I have the 2003 information stores copied to a backup directory on the new Exchange server. Any ideas? I thought there might be some command line utility for such. Thanks very much! Don On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:34:59 -0600, "dbj" <dbj@midsouth.rr.com> wrote: >Exchange 2007 set up and running beautifully. But I had a previou...

Best way to set up Query to get a percentage
I have a "classified" field that is a yes/no check box to determine if a supplier has been classified or not. I need to get the sum of suppliers that are and are not classified and then I need to get a percentage of suppliers who is and who isn't classified from the total suppliers. I also want to be able to chart this without exporting to Excel. Any ideas on the best way to set this up? Marc - You can do that in a query. Change the fields and table names to be yours: SELECT Sum(IIf([Classifed],1,0)) AS Yes_Count, Count(SupplierID) AS Total_Count, Sum(IIf([C...

Unable to open money
I installed Money 2004 in September on my new Dell computer. It has worked flawlessly - until last week! Now, when I attempt to open it I get: "Unable to initialize a required Money component. Please reinstall Money from your original product disks." When I click on the "OKAY" box, I get: "Do you want to check the installation of Money 2004?" When I click on the "OKAY" box, I get: "Finished! Money 2004 Installation Checker did not find any problems with this installation." When I click on the "OKAY" box, it closes. I get ...

Unable to set the XValues Property
I am getting a run -time error 1004 stating it is unable to set the XValues Property of the Series Class. I don't know why!!! I did some changes to the old code which was running fine but this code is annoying me . Can anybody help plz Sub SelectCapacity() Sheets("Numerical Integration").ChartObjects("ChartNumInteg").Activate ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatterSmoothNoMarkers Select Case CapacityCombo.Value Case "Exponential" With ActiveChart .SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=AnalysisPageNI!R4...

Setting X Axis with a serie
Hi, After looking to dozens of web pages, I still didn't find a simple answer from a frequent question. How is it possible to set the X Axis to display a serie with Vb .net ? I have no problem with the setsourcedata method, but I can't find the way to do the same with the X axis, let's say something like "set x axis value"=range("A1:A100") Thanks for the help. ...

Money imports ATM withdrawals as a payment-ALWAYS
Numerous ATM withdrawals, the ones in quantities of $50, $100, $200, money always imports them and auto identifies them as "Columbus City Treasurer - Water" and catagorizes them as "Utilities:Water" The ones that add $1.50 or $2.00 to totals of like $52.00 and the such get imported as ATM Withdrawals, which they are. This is the bigest annoyance. Money 2003 on XP, online banking with Huntington National Bank. The ATM withdrawals are the only ones that I've noticed that seem to be reliably messed up. TIA. Support, any ideas? "news.microsoft.com" <m...

Downloading Additional program files for Money 2006
I have had to re-download Money 2006 Deluxe to my laptop and said OK to download the additional program files necessary so that I can use Budget and other features. The download is not happening, I have re-booted several times, changed the date back to 2006. What else can I do? I am so frustrated at this point. In microsoft.public.money, Steph wrote: >I have had to re-download Money 2006 Deluxe to my laptop and said OK to >download the additional program files necessary so that I can use Budget and >other features. The download is not happening, I have re-booted several &g...

Error after setting default pricelist
Hi, In the opportunity form, i added javascript code in order to input default the pricelist value automatically. When loading the form, the default pricelist was successfully added. However i could not add the new opportunity product. The error was " you have changed the pricelist for the opportunity. Please save the opportunity form before attempting to add the product." I have save the form several times but still cannot add the product. What's wrong? Carrie ...

How to Restore Outlook's Previous Settings
I was having a problem with Excel 2002 not being able to read any .xls file. After trying several other things to no avail, I reset all the settings in my Office XP (including Outlook) to the default settings. Now I'd like to restore my previous Outlook settings. How do I do this? Thanks in advance. Did you save backups of everything prior to resetting everything to default settings? ...

money plus #8
When I try to open one account the message pops up Money must close down. Other accounts work fine. Try repaire did not help. Probably messed up my computer with all the MSXml registering. Any ideas SOL XP Money plus ...

Can someone PLEASE let me know how to change my desktop settings in Vista?
I have a Nikon D3000 which takes shots that are wider in ratio to their height than my monitor is. When I was running XP, it automatically displayed the wallpaper as widescreen, with bars at the top and bottom. My Vista set up doesn't do that automatically and I don't know how to make it happen. I'm no expert, but I've managed to do a little more in terms of fixing things than a lot of comp owners who aren't programmers have, but this baffles me, despite the fact there are probably teenagers in this city who use a machine 20 minutes a week who would know. And th...

import export settings
I bought a new computer and I'd like to set outlock just as on my old computer. My question is, do I have to do it everything manually or there's a way I can export setting like pop account, e-mails, calendar, contacts, tasks, etc (all at once) into a file and then import the file in the new computer. I used to have Incredimail as e-mail client and I remember I could do that. I could export into a file absolutely all my settings and then I would import it in the new computer. Both computer have outlock professional running on windows XP Thanks! "Lucorium" <Lucori...

Money 2006 Canadian edition system miscalculations
I am using 2006 Canadian version. I have problems too but it is NOT an error of entry but rather the systems adding/subtracting miscalculations!!! Don't know how to correct the system. For example $300 + 500 = 1001 type thing. I also have problems in transferring funds where it insists that the currencies need to be the same when in fact they already are the same currencies and therefore will not allow me to make the entries. Drives me Wild. Anyone know how to fix??? ...

Excel: Can't save changes to print number of copies setting
I inherited an Excel workbook that has the number of copies to print set to 10. I change it to 1, then save the file, but it always reverts back to ten. ...

ms money 2004 #6
Is this program a rip? I had money 2004 running perfectly and the next thing I know it will not let me enter a new transaction. Allows me to do every other function but crashes when hitting enter. Have tied communicating with ms but keep directing me to my f\wall, and a\virus. I have done everything with those programs off my system and nothing. Whats up? ...

Microsoft Money 2007 #2
Recently purchased Microsoft Money 2007 online from Microsoft and downloaded to my PC. Installation was normal with no issues on operating system Win XP SP 2. I used Money 2003 before. Money 2007 state previous money files except for 98/99 can be opened. The files will be converted to Money 2007 format but backups of previous files would be stored. When I went through this process Money 2007 store the backups but come up with a error stating the Money 2003 files cannot be opened in Money 2007. No reason is given. Can anybody advice me what could possibly be the problem. I thought maybe i...

money 2002 show aust banks etc
how do i get money 2002 to show australian banks on it. and reflect australian tax implications? ...

Money 2002 Capacity
Money 2002 was included with a new computer purchase of mine. I am not at all familiar with it at this time. I want to use something to track the account of a "CLUB" that will include individual accounts within the main account. Is Money 2002 a good program to use or should I be looking into a custom database? > Money 2002 was included with a new computer purchase of > mine. I am not at all familiar with it at this time. I > want to use something to track the account of a "CLUB" > that will include individual accounts within the main > account. Is Money...

Money 2005
I need to know the proceedure for getting my money back for Money 2005 Premium. Also, will MS delete ALL of my financial information from its servers? Thanks. MS will do nothing to delete your data. It'll probably be there 100 years from now unless you tell Money to delete it. Do this by going into the settings and clearing the setting for Sync with the web--or whatever they call it. I'd look, but I Just Said No to M05 already. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=49 for the 30DMBG question. BTW, the Money development team swears Most Users Prefer all of this stuff. You must ...

calculating new worth with money 2004 deluxe
I presently use quicken which tracks my loans, mortgages, assets (including portfolio, checking accts, home, vehicles and etc.)and whenever I change the value of any of the above it recalculates my net asset value which I can get with one click of the mouse. Does Money 2004 deluxe do the same??? Walt wrote: > I presently use quicken which tracks my loans, mortgages, > assets (including portfolio, checking accts, home, > vehicles and etc.)and whenever I change the value of any > of the above it recalculates my net asset value which I > can get with one click of the mo...