Money crashes then restarts

The error message I am receiving is:
Microsoft Money Error Reporting has encountered a problem and needs to
close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.
AppName: msmoney.exe  AppVer: 14.0.0.1105  ModName: ntdll.dll  ModVer:
5.1.2600.2180  Offset: 00010f2b

I am using version Money 2007.
I've tried a standard repair but there are no broken records reports.
I'm using XP Professfional Service Pack 2 and have made no systems changes
at all.

Please could someone advise why this has just started happening?  I am
worried about loosing data.

Thanks and hope to hear back soon.
Kind regards.

0
NoReply9659 (237)
12/13/2008 11:21:25 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

We seem to be having the same sudden problem.  I am using Money Small
Business 2005, and the problem seemed to start when I installed Windows XP
service pack 3.  Sorry I can offer no solution, but you can see my related
post:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.money&mid=de56dacd-fdc0-49b2-b0a0-8b794cb092ce

"April" wrote:

> The error message I am receiving is:
> Microsoft Money Error Reporting has encountered a problem and needs to
> close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.
> AppName: msmoney.exe  AppVer: 14.0.0.1105  ModName: ntdll.dll  ModVer:
> 5.1.2600.2180  Offset: 00010f2b
>
> I am using version Money 2007.
> I've tried a standard repair but there are no broken records reports.
> I'm using XP Professfional Service Pack 2 and have made no systems changes
> at all.
>
> Please could someone advise why this has just started happening?  I am
> worried about loosing data.
>
> Thanks and hope to hear back soon.
> Kind regards.

0
Paul297 (622)
12/13/2008 4:05:01 PM
If you are concerned about losing data the first thing you should is to make
a copy of your data file.

If the repair did not do any good, I would try to uninstall and reinstall
Money.  BTW, when it restarts does it work correctly?

"Paul" wrote:

> We seem to be having the same sudden problem.  I am using Money Small
> Business 2005, and the problem seemed to start when I installed Windows XP
> service pack 3.  Sorry I can offer no solution, but you can see my related
> post:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.money&mid=de56dacd-fdc0-49b2-b0a0-8b794cb092ce
>
> "April" wrote:
>
> > The error message I am receiving is:
> > Microsoft Money Error Reporting has encountered a problem and needs to
> > close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.
> > AppName: msmoney.exe  AppVer: 14.0.0.1105  ModName: ntdll.dll  ModVer:
> > 5.1.2600.2180  Offset: 00010f2b
> >
> > I am using version Money 2007.
> > I've tried a standard repair but there are no broken records reports.
> > I'm using XP Professfional Service Pack 2 and have made no systems changes
> > at all.
> >
> > Please could someone advise why this has just started happening?  I am
> > worried about loosing data.
> >
> > Thanks and hope to hear back soon.
> > Kind regards.

0
neil154 (103)
12/13/2008 4:21:00 PM
It sounds like SP2 did something nasty to some files that Money uses.

I would reinstall Money and see if that helps.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For unofficial FAQs see
http://money.mvps.org/
or
http://umpmfaq.info/

"April" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
> The error message I am receiving is:
> Microsoft Money Error Reporting has encountered a problem and needs to
> close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.
> AppName: msmoney.exe  AppVer: 14.0.0.1105  ModName: ntdll.dll  ModVer:
> 5.1.2600.2180  Offset: 00010f2b
>
> I am using version Money 2007.
> I've tried a standard repair but there are no broken records reports.
> I'm using XP Professfional Service Pack 2 and have made no systems changes
> at all.
>
> Please could someone advise why this has just started happening?  I am
> worried about loosing data.
>
> Thanks and hope to hear back soon.
> Kind regards.

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
12/13/2008 4:23:15 PM
In microsoft.public.money, April wrote:

>The error message I am receiving is:
>Microsoft Money Error Reporting has encountered a problem and needs to
>close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.
>AppName: msmoney.exe  AppVer: 14.0.0.1105  ModName: ntdll.dll  ModVer:
>5.1.2600.2180  Offset: 00010f2b
>
>I am using version Money 2007.
>I've tried a standard repair but there are no broken records reports.
>I'm using XP Professfional Service Pack 2 and have made no systems changes
>at all.
>
>Please could someone advise why this has just started happening?  I am
>worried about loosing data.

Are you using a Logitech mouse?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932727/en-us
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/13/2008 4:29:32 PM
Yes, it works again but as soon as I click on my Mortgage account (under
Loans, it crashes and restarts on it's own).

"neil154" <neil154@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you are concerned about losing data the first thing you should is to
> make
> a copy of your data file.
>
> If the repair did not do any good, I would try to uninstall and reinstall
> Money.  BTW, when it restarts does it work correctly?
>
> "Paul" wrote:
>
>> We seem to be having the same sudden problem.  I am using Money Small
>> Business 2005, and the problem seemed to start when I installed Windows
>> XP
>> service pack 3.  Sorry I can offer no solution, but you can see my
>> related
>> post:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.money&mid=de56dacd-fdc0-49b2-b0a0-8b794cb092ce
>>
>> "April" wrote:
>>
>> > The error message I am receiving is:
>> > Microsoft Money Error Reporting has encountered a problem and needs to
>> > close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.
>> > AppName: msmoney.exe  AppVer: 14.0.0.1105  ModName: ntdll.dll  ModVer:
>> > 5.1.2600.2180  Offset: 00010f2b
>> >
>> > I am using version Money 2007.
>> > I've tried a standard repair but there are no broken records reports.
>> > I'm using XP Professfional Service Pack 2 and have made no systems
>> > changes
>> > at all.
>> >
>> > Please could someone advise why this has just started happening?  I am
>> > worried about loosing data.
>> >
>> > Thanks and hope to hear back soon.
>> > Kind regards.

0
NoReply9659 (237)
12/13/2008 4:30:36 PM
No not using a logitech mouse.  I did have Logitech camera drivers which I
removed to see if that helped but I still have the same problem.
It's with the ModName: ntdll.dll

> In microsoft.public.money, April wrote:
>
>>The error message I am receiving is:
>>Microsoft Money Error Reporting has encountered a problem and needs to
>>close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.
>>AppName: msmoney.exe  AppVer: 14.0.0.1105  ModName: ntdll.dll  ModVer:
>>5.1.2600.2180  Offset: 00010f2b
>>
>>I am using version Money 2007.
>>I've tried a standard repair but there are no broken records reports.
>>I'm using XP Professfional Service Pack 2 and have made no systems changes
>>at all.
>>
>>Please could someone advise why this has just started happening?  I am
>>worried about loosing data.
>
> Are you using a Logitech mouse?

NoReply9659 (237)
12/13/2008 9:32:44 PM
In microsoft.public.money, April wrote:

>No not using a logitech mouse.  I did have Logitech camera drivers which I
>removed to see if that helped but I still have the same problem.
>It's with the ModName: ntdll.dll

Review your backup file situation. Make extra copies onto different
media.

Open Sample.mny in your Money install folder. If that has no
problem, I would restore a backup with File->Restore. Rather than
restoring to the "default location", you can Browse to your
MyDocuments folder and pick a new name. That will avoid overwriting
your current *.mny file, if you are so inclined.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, April wrote:
>>
>>>The error message I am receiving is:
>>>Microsoft Money Error Reporting has encountered a problem and needs to
>>>close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.
>>>AppName: msmoney.exe  AppVer: 14.0.0.1105  ModName: ntdll.dll  ModVer:
>>>5.1.2600.2180  Offset: 00010f2b
>>>
>>>I am using version Money 2007.
>>>I've tried a standard repair but there are no broken records reports.
>>>I'm using XP Professfional Service Pack 2 and have made no systems changes
>>>at all.
>>>
>>>Please could someone advise why this has just started happening?  I am
>>>worried about loosing data.
>>
>> Are you using a Logitech mouse?

via_newsgroup (13114)
12/13/2008 9:51:46 PM
One possible very obscure solution. I had this problem and after reading on
the web I found that it was the investment section of the home page causing
the problem. I had bought a stock but the transaction happend as a series of
8 buys of small amounts. As long as my Money home/startup page tried to
display my recent investment transactions things crashed. I opened Money and
quickly clicked to another page to avoid the home page loading completely. I
then went into options for the home page and eliminated the reporting of
recent investment transactions. This stopped Money from crashing. Someone,
somewhere wrote about this bug pointing out that Money crashes if it tries to
display more than a few transactions in the same security on the home page.

I have no idea if this is your problem but thought I'd toss it in in case it
helps.

Greg
0
gcraig (37)
12/14/2008 4:30:05 PM
In microsoft.public.money, gcraig wrote:

>One possible very obscure solution. I had this problem and after reading on
>the web I found that it was the investment section of the home page causing
>the problem. I had bought a stock but the transaction happend as a series of
>8 buys of small amounts. As long as my Money home/startup page tried to
>display my recent investment transactions things crashed. I opened Money and
>quickly clicked to another page to avoid the home page loading completely. I
>then went into options for the home page and eliminated the reporting of
>recent investment transactions. This stopped Money from crashing. Someone,
>somewhere wrote about this bug pointing out that Money crashes if it tries to
>display more than a few transactions in the same security on the home page.

Good point. I forgot that one.

I suggest you open any file you can, such as Sample.mny.
In XP, you can do that by going to your Money install folder
and right-clicking Sample.mny, and choosing Open.
Go to Tools->Settings->ProgramSettings and set the
(GeneralDisplay:)StartMoneyWithThisPageOpen:AccountList.
Close Money.

Then open the problem file once or twice.

Then Tools->Settings->HomePageDisplayOptions and Remove the
Investment Performance module. If you still have a problem, remove
everything. If the problem goes away, you can add things back until
the crash does not happen. Add back in the other things you want
on the home page. Let us know which was the problem module.

>I have no idea if this is your problem but thought I'd toss it in in case it
>helps.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Money Savings Goal
I've created a budget in Money '06 and entered a Savings Goal. Money says I have enough to reach the goal but doesn't give any other details. I expected the savings goal to be entered into the budget and even show up in the cash flow scenario. Is this wrong? Any help would be great. ...

money 2005 file read only
Eight weeks ago I reinstalled my computer and reinstalled money 2005. When I went to run my money file it said that the file had to be converted. The conversion did not work as money said the file was read only. The said file is not read only. I am at a loss. I do not want to start all over again and I wondered why money is saying this and what I could so to sort out this problem. Any help and advice would be great. NIK Nik Did you restore your money file from a CD backup? If so, you may need to right-click on the file, select Properties, and clear the Read-Only check box under At...

Passport not working with Money
Could someone help me with a very strange problem. I can sign in to Hotmail, ebay, and a number of other Passport enabled sights but receive an error of - "The sign-in attempt for hhoffmeister@hotmail.com was unsuccessful. Please try your sign-in name and password again" when logging into Money. I have disabled the password and re-enabled it to see if that would change anything, which was unsuccessful. I have also tried changing my password which also did not work. Please help, Thanks - Hans ...

money 2003 file is 17mb
Hello, my money 2003 file is too large, currently 17 Mb and it's taking forever to load. Is there a way to keep about two years of transactions and archive the rest of them so that the original file gets smaller? Right now if I archive something the original file remain of the same size. Thanks for the replies, regards. Mark In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: > >my money 2003 file is too large, currently 17 Mb and it's >taking forever to load. Is there a way to keep about two >years of transactions and archive the rest of them so that >the original file ge...

Money 2004 does not see downloaded bank statement...
I just upgraded (a couple of weeks ago) from 2003 to 2004. I am running Windows XP Pro. In 2003, I used to use Internet Explorer, go to my bank, select my date range, and download my transactions for "Money 99 or higher". If I had Money 2003 open, it would automatically see the downloaded file and import the transactions. I just did the EXACT same thing - about 10 times - in Money 2004 and it does NOT see the downloaded file or import the transactions. The download happens so fast that I don't know where the browser saved off the file. A quick search of the hard drive d...

Money 2005: Auto-update accounts online upon startup
Thanks in advance for any assistance. In Tools | Settings | Online Services, I have checked the checkbox to "Automatically update accounts online when I start Money" but it does not do it. In Help, under "About automatic online updates", it says to: 1. Save your bank sign-in information in Money. 2. Sign in to Money with a Microsoft .NET Passport. I have already done both a long time ago. Internet updates work when I force the update, but that is not "automatic". Software should make my life easier, Lee This is just one of many things about M05 that is jus...

Figuring out which banks offer what through Money
As a result of routinely being frustrated with Money, I frequently experiment with other offerings. I decided that it was time (again) to check out what GnuCash (http://www.gnucash.org) has to offer. It turns out that GnuCash can now do OFX DirectConnect. After doing a little searching on how this works, I found a really cool utility that might be of interest to some folks here: http://www.jongsma.org/gc/ Basically, what this utility does is query the MSN MoneyCentral site in the same way that Money 2006 would query it and gets the results. It then builds the XML that describes each bank&...

Bill Pay
I signed up for Bill Pay and provided my default checking account for bills to be paid from. I then noticed that Money added the account automatically, even though it already existed in my account list. I tried Merge Accounts, but I don't see the new account as one I can merge. I don't want two accounts for the same checking account, so I deleted the one that was created. Now when I go into Bill Pay, it says I need to sign up. When Bill Pay adds the account to Money, is there an easy way to transfer all of the records from my old account into the one that's linked to Bil...

Restarting Every Morning
Since last few days, my system has starting to restart every morning sharp at 8:00 AM. I'm show this message (Attached below) and given 5 minutes to close all apps before restarting. But it's really annoying when that happens everyday! :unsure: I've no idea, what program finishes running everyday, irrespective of whether I'm connected to the net or not. I've checked all the possible places, Registry (Windows Run keys), msconfig, services, scheduled tasks, etc. but am not able to make out any suspicious task which might be running that causes this regular restart. Can some...

assigning categories in money plus
Good evening, I am using Money Plus Deluxe. I am wondering if there is a way to assign more than one category to my purchases. example: I want to track my automobile expenses but want a more specific break down. I want the cost values attributed to automobile but would like to break it down further in categories such as gas, maintenance, etc. I tried splitting it but then the full cost values do not get attributed to both categories ie (automobile and gas). I realize this maybe impossible but does anyone have any suggestions. thanks I appreciate it. Robert In microsoft.public.money, Ro...

Money 2000: Wont Add New Transaction
If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Anyways I went to add a new withdrawal to my checking account and when I go to hit the button to add a new withdrawal transaction it wont do anything. Transfer and deposit will work. Am I missing something? In microsoft.public.money, Cousintroy wrote: >If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. >Anyways I went to add a new withdrawal to my checking >account and when I go to hit the button to add a new >withdrawal transaction it wont do anything. Transfer and >deposit will work. Am I missing something?...

xp pro keeps restarting
Got xp pro on my desktop with 2 gig of ram on raid 0 + a standard drive for my documents. Two months ago it started going off by itself at random, decided to low format the 2 drives and rebuild the raid. Now, after a few months, it plays up again. I would love to take the whole thing and throw it out of the window, but I need to work with it. Now it switches itself off, it waits 2 secs and it starts on its own again.....at random...wow...lovely I only have my graphics card and sound card on my motherboard and always keep the system in top condition, no unneccesary programs or cra...

Error converting Money 05 to Money 06
I am trying to convert my Money 05 file to the 06 version however every time I try to open the file (or restore as backup) it causes the program to crash. Any recommendations? "docdean" <docdean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5A63AEA-17D9-49F5-8702-F273EAE9F518@microsoft.com... >I am trying to convert my Money 05 file to the 06 version however every >time > I try to open the file (or restore as backup) it causes the program to > crash. > > > Any recommendations? Have you done file repairs? -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL N...

transfer money online to 170 countries
This is a multi-part message in MIME format --=_NextPart_2rfkindysadvnqw3nerasdf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable the way to transfer money secure and online to 170 countries and the mindblowing way to cash in via ATM's check http://money-transfer.fateback.com out high affiliate payouts to 10 levels deep ! --=_NextPart_2rfkindysadvnqw3nerasdf Content-Type: text/html Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable --=_NextPart_2rfkindysadvnqw3nerasdf-- ...

Problem Money 2000
Hi, i've problem to connect to server. The internet name server is changed. Where can i modify address site? Can you provide more information? Which server? What are you trying to do in Money when you get the error? "Raffaele" <Raffaele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69B4EE14-4EB6-43E3-A441-65074188B5CE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > i've problem to connect to server. > The internet name server is changed. > Where can i modify address site? > > ...

Help! MTA failing to restart after a power failure
OS = NT4 SP6, Exchange Ver. 5.5 System Attendant is up and running. Information Store is up and running. Exchange Agent is up and running. RPC is started … (See warning message from app log below) The following entries are in the System and Application Logs in order of appearance beginning with earliest entry first and were successive in the logs … log entries before and after were the successful startup entries for the other Exchange Agents: System Log Entries: The Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service depends on the Microsoft Exchange Message Transfer Agent which failed to start du...

Where to RE-download Money? #2
Long story short, I had to reformat my HDD and now I need to re-download Money to my PC. Problem: I don't remember for sure what version I had (It had to have been either 2006 or 2007). I have backups on floppy disks, but those didn't tell me anything (not sure what to look for though). I've called the help numbers and just got passed from one department to another for over 2 hours without resolve. Someone help! ...

Excel crashes when entering numbers and formulas into cells

MSN Money Stock Quoate Add-in
I have a spreadsheet with a few stocks I'm watching. Presently I can click the Update Quotes on the MSN MoneyCentral Stock Quotes toolbar to get the current info. I would like to create a command button instead that I could click to get the same result. Is there a way to update stock quotes with a command button via code? I can't seem to find anyway to do this. I've tried recording a macro by just clicking the button on the toolbar but that didn't work? Refresh data doesn't seem to work in this situation either so creating a command button to refresh data is no good. The...

Money 2005 Deluxe Download defaults to trial verson
I'm having fits. I'm a long time user. Three days ago I upgraded online and downloaded Mny 20005 Deluxe. The version keeps coming up as the trial version. Now I'm trapped in a endless help cycle with their support group. Have others experienced this? Any advice? -- Karl >Subject: Money 2005 Deluxe Download defaults to trial verson >From: "=?Utf-8?B?S2FybA==?=" Karl@discussions.microsoft.com >Date: 10/28/2004 5:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time >Message-id: <E69A15CE-ABD6-452F-A764-232901937300@microsoft.com> > >I'm having fits. I'm a...

Is there a feature in Money to warn me about a due date of a bill?
In the past versions of Money it was possible to set an alert that ran next to the window clock (tray) that shown to me that a bill was a couple of days under to its due date, so every day I had the information when I should pay a bill. In money 2006 I am not finding this feature. I saw the Alters in 2006 show me about the balance in my account, or investments or columnists content from the newsletter, but I would just to aware of the due date of bills It seems not to be working in this version of money, even in 2004 and 2005, I think that I don´t know where it is now or it was cut...

excel2000-password shared file over wireless network-crashing
I have a file that is password protected and shared by two people over a wireless network. It is constantly crashing while saving. Does anybody have any ideas on the problem? I turned off the password ans still have the same problem. I haven't heard anybody complain about excel2000 crashing while shared. Any help would be great. Would excel 2003 work? I don't really want to upgrade since there is very little difference between the both. Thanks, Joe ...

Stock Symbol Limits on Money
I have stock I will refer as ABC Co. and the symbol is (ABC) I have this stock in multiple portfolios. Example one in my 401K account and the same company stock with a separate broker account. MS Money only allows you to list a stock symbol once period. Once I use that symbol it does not allow me to use it elsewhere. Is this a bug or am I performing this all wrong. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions. The latter. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=59. "CPV" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f11d01c45746$ed1a0850$a501280a@phx...

Money 2004 wont start
I have been using the trial version. All of a sudden, I get the incountered error message. I tried reloading, uninstalling, reinstalling, but it still wont start. What do I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Money 2004 CD or DVD?
Hello, I just saw this on amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009L1HS/qid=1058552158/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/102-6964341-7451312?v=glance&s=software Now, notice that it calls the software a DVD-box yet says the media type is CD-Rom. I'm confused, does this come with DVDs or CDs? -- TresWBL telconstar99@NOSPAMhotmail.com CD. The box is a DVD size box. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.mi...