Money crash creating savings account

I am running Money version 12 under Vista home premium.
When I select the "Investing" pull down menu and then select "Saving" from
the list displayed money crashes.
I have repaired my money file and tried it on the repaired money file and it
still fails.
I have copied the Sample.MNY file to my documents, where my normal money
file is stored, and the facility works Ok
I do not think I have ever tried to use this facility before.

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

On-line services set up failed with "new & improved" Money update
Money 2005 Premium: with the mid-August unannounced update by Microsoft, I lost my ability to go on-line. I reviewed the instructions inside Money and tried to re-set the on-line service but I'm now in a loop that doesn't seem to have any way to back out of it or to move forward successfully. Instead of disabling the account first, which is listed in the long, weary icon version of the update instructions, I went to set up online services and now have the message "complete setup for online services" which apparently will not work because I consistently get a message ...

save as html #5
I have been working for years on Excel 97 until a couple of days ago. I manage a web site that I update two times a month with new point standings for my group (www.wctpa.com) . The points are sent to me via e-mail by the group secretary in an excel spreadsheet. I have an html document that I rename and reuse that contains an html instruction to insert a table at a specific location: <!--##table##--> . In Excel 97, I had been able to re-save her spreadsheet as "save as html". This allowed me to insert the spreadsheet contents into my html document, then upload to our we...

file will not save
One of my excel files will not save. it seems to work ok, but when i try to save it, i get a "document not saved" message. the file cannot be closed unless i agree not to try to save it. any ideas why i cannot save this file? #1. Are you working off a floppy? If yes, then don't do this. Use windows explorer to copy from floppy to harddrive and work from there (and save there). Then use windows explorer to copy back to floppy. #2. You're saving to a location that you don't have permission to save to. #3. Your diskdrive is out of space??? missionary wrote...

eConnect
I am in the process of modifying our eConnect integration to support passing in a back ordered quantity when saving an Order document (not a BackOrder document). The original transaction only passed in QUANTITY. My first attempt was to just add QTYTBAOR to the existing transaction. My second attempt was to add TOTALQTY as the sum of QUANTITY and QTYTBAOR. In all cases I did not get any errors but the QTYTBAOR field in the database was not updated. I don't think it is a configuration issue because it is possible to set backorder quantities using Great Plains. Does anybody know ...

Legend Changes After Save
I am working in Excel 2007. When I delete certain Series from the legend, save and close the file, the next time I open it the deleted series are back. How can I stop it from defaulting back? Thanks! PD, I can't duplicate this problem, why don't you send me a copy of the file before you delete the item from the legend and tell me exactly what you do, so I can duplicate it. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire shanedevenshire@sbcglobal.net Microsoft Excel MVP "WolfgangPD" wrote: > I am working in Excel 2007. When I delete certain Series from the legend, > save and...

Outlook 2007: "Cannot save free/busy information"
Hi, all I have been getting the error message "Cannot save free/busy information" from Outlook frequently these days. It started when we changed our configuration from connecting to an Exchange server on the LAN to using a proxy Exchange server that forwards (I imagine) to another Exchange server on a different LAN. I have my profile configured to deliver to a local PST file. It seems that Outlook does successfully update free/busy info on the server sometimes; the error message appears fairly randomly - e.g. sometimes when I delete a meeting request, but not every time. An...

How to Exclude Account from Budget when Option Check Box is Inactive?
I want to exclude the income in my retirement accounts from being included in the budget planning and being shown as income in monthly reports. In the account details, the option is "checked" to include in budget planner but the lined is grayed out and in-active and thus I can't uncheck it. How to uncheck? ...

create new users STRANGE problem
Hi, I'm developing a web application (using standard asp and not asp.net) to let certain remote users administer exchange 2003. I have installed win2003 standard edition, exchange 2003 enterprise edition,owa and my web application on the same server. My web app, let users to create mailboxes, delete mailboxes, change user password. All works fine, but for example, if I reboot the server, a web application user can create 50 mailboxes. But when any of these users log on to owa, something goes wrong and the admin user cannot mailbox enable other user accounts through the web app, even if he ...

Cannot open Money Deluxe 2007
New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it. Windows keeps shutting it down. Tried running as admin. Tried uninstalling, then reinstalling. Help! -- Karen In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote: >New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it. Windows >keeps shutting it down. Tried running as admin. Tried uninstalling, then >reinstalling. Help! What OS? Is there an error message? Were you successfully using Money on that new laptop? Did the problem occur recently? You might want to consider a system restore point from before the pr...

Downloads checking account information into my Money 2006 Savings
I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file?-- Grasshopper In microsoft.public.money, New Money 2006 user wrote: >I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I >import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. >Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file? Is the problem you have the one described in http://support.microsoft....

Non Inventory Item Posting Account
where to set the default post account (debit) for receiving of non-inventory item, with and without purchase order? I tried to use Posting Accounts>Sales>Non Invenotised Item but it does not seems to pick up. Dear HFLo: You need to set the posting accounts in the Purchasing series for receiving transactions. However, there is no 'Non-Inventory' posting account setting in Purchasing as there is in Sales, so the account you want the non-inventoried item charged to really needs to be selected when you are setting up the Purchase Order. When you enter the item in the PO Line ...

Microsoft Word
I have created a new Microsoft Word Form and would like to insert at the bottom a simple button or link the user can press when the form has been completed which will automatically insert the completed form into an email(as an attachment) ready to be sent. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. -- KPFDCO3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KPFDCO3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222188.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1338781.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

in creating a pie chart in excel 2007
How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot I once tried 360 cells and got a wonderful Moiré pattern Why not just experiment with 1, 2, 3 dozen and see for yourself if the result is acceptable ? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "bsalohcin" <bsalohcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9CF7752-1816-4DCE-BF82-9C25033AE888@microsoft.com... > How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot According to MS:- Data series in one chart 255 (max limit) Data points in a...

Slow Open/Save over Network Connection
My client has an Apple XServe located in a "co-location" server farm which is providing very fast and reliable network speeds (10 mbps DL, 11 mbps UL). His office location is using AT&T DSL with DL speeds around 3.5 mbps. The directory that sits on the XServe is shared over the internet so my client can access it from multiple locations. Most of the documents are MS Word files. They are using Intel based iMacs with the latest versions of MS Office 2008. The problem my client is facing is the horrible speeds of opening, saving, and closing Office 2008 files. It could take up...

Creating the filter for the recipeint policy
Hi, Can you let me know what is the best of way of creating the LDAP filter for the recipient policy if I want the policy to assign the email address based on the admin group.This filter should assign the email address to the mailbox and DL's -- Vinod Kumar Recipient Policies are based on recipients' attributes - admin group is not one of them. Perhaps look at other common attributes, or add an additional UPN suffix and assign a common UPN suffix to these recipients, than use Recipient Policies to filter based on UPN. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog l...

How do I create a running subtraction column?
In other words, how do I create a column which subtracts from the preceeding cell? Hi you may provide some more details what you're trying to do exactly. Maybe post some example rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany aschneider wrote: > In other words, how do I create a column which subtracts from the > preceeding cell? If you want the balance in column B, and you are making entries in column A which are to be subtracted from the balance, put the starting balance in B1. In B2 put the formula =B1-A2 On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:35:08 -0700, "aschneider" <aschne...

Create Folders in Directory with Excel VBA?
Hi, Is there a way to create folders with a specfic names, and have them saved in a directory. I have an excel file with 250 records with my desired folder names. I want to avoid having to through the process of selecting <File | New | Folder> then naming the folder -- 250 times! I imagine there's an easier way with VBA... please help! Thanks It can be done something like this. Attatch code to a command button on the sheet. Alter code to suit your reqirements. Test on a dummy workbook first until you get it to work the way you want. Please note that there are practical lim...

Money 2006 to 2008
I got the dreaded notice that I needed to update so that I could continue my services. Was running 2006. No problems. Upgraded to Money Plus 2008. I really am using just the basic features for now. It takes *forever* to open. Once I do an online update and it completes, it takes about twice or three times as long to return control to me as 2006 did. Any way to speed it up? I'm running Vista on a not too ancient dual core 2.2 GHz with 4 GB RAM. In microsoft.public.money, Grouch wrote: >I got the dreaded notice that I needed to update so that I could >continue my services....

Pivot Chart Created from Pivot Table is Blank
HELP!!! I am following a tutorial in an Excel 2007 book step-by-step. In one of the lessons I was able to successfully and easily create a pivot chart from a pivot table. In my next lesson, I am following the exact same steps (even have started over a couple of times), and when I create a pivot chart from the pivot table in this lesson, it creates a blank chart. WHY DOES IT DO THIS??? I know I have followed the steps correctly. Any ideas on why Excel isn't cooperating with me on this lesson would be soooo appreciated. Hi, Blank charts usually result from having your cursor in...

Saving attachments...
I have setup excel and word to open and save files to a network drive:\my documents. But everytime I open a word or excel attachment from outlook and try to save it it goes to the temporary internet folder. I am using Office 2003. When I open a document in word or excel and do a save as it will automatically go to network drive:\my documents. Outlook uses the securetemp folder for attachments opened directly from email. either save it before opening and open the saved copy or use the place bar to select another location. http://www.outlooktips.net/archives/20030828.htm -- Diane...

How do I create a "floating" header in Excel so I can always see i
contact me at andy@boydrealestateinc.com Andy To have row 1 always in view as you scroll down. Select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes. Rule is: whatever is above and left of the selected cell will be frozen after you hit Window>Freeze Panes. i.e. select B2 to have Column A and Row 1 frozen. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:38:00 -0800, Andy Heal <Andy Heal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >contact me at andy@boydrealestateinc.com ...

Pivot Table Wizard causes crash
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003(11.8316.8221) SP3 When I use the Pivot Table Wizard and press the "back" button to redefine the range of data. Excel crashes. I've tried with no other files open. I can use the wizard to create now pivot tables, but not redefine this existing PT. The file is about 1 meg. Thanks in advance. Mike Just after posting this I found a reference to the problem being the result of having "frozen windows" on the sheet with the PT. I "unfroze" the windows and everything works just fine. Mike "mike in...

Need to create a VB script for Microsoft Outlook
Hi Folks, I am a newbie to VB scripting. I have this problem I need to solve in outlook. Often we have seen when people reply to emails, they say "please see my comments inline marked BlahBlah". Whenever people do such inline commenting, I would like the script to copy that info to the top of that email, along with a "link" to that embedded line. When the user click that line, the cursor show point the actual place where that comment was made. Pls let me know how can I implement in a VB script.. When the user right clicks the mouse at the end of of his embedde...

Publisher 2003: How Do I "Flow" (rework) a CURRENT [saved] document?
Page Setup/Layout/Booklet/Landscape/Print two pages per sheet. With both Automatic and Manual "Two Sided Printing" the center page (both sides) is--- blank. At the bottom right, of each page in the document, is a "Text in Overflow" Icon. Right click does not present an option to--- flow, condense or correct. Thanks Johann Since you know the terminology, I'm a bit curious why you didn't look up "overflow" in the Help file. The very first link will tell you how to deal with this. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Johann B�cker&qu...

How Do I create a Timing Tool
All, I wonder if I can call on your expert advice. I am looking to create a Timing Tool within Excel which will be able t capture timings of specific user defined areas. For Example looking to time specific sections of say for a telephon call and the interaction the agent has with the Computer System..ho long specific actions take...and then from that be able to submit th data into a sheet..and move on to another one. This is so that summary data can be captured and analysed. All help appreciated. Regards Tim Hardin -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Tim, It depends upo...