Money Budget Reports

I am testing out Money Essentials and have a few questions (note:  the help
tool is pretty weak compared to other MS products).

1.  Monthly budget tracker is cool, but how do you add items for which you
paid a few days before the current month started.  For example, I pay my
Mortgage a few days before the first of the month - but I want it to show up
in the budget tracker for April.

2.  How do I offset large onetime payments out of the consolidated pie
"spending categories"?  For example, I paid off a credit card last month and
it shows Credit Card Payments/Transfers as a huge chunk.  I would like to
remove that one time hit to see the forest from the trees.

3.  How do you add to the categories section.  Lots of info on other
versions, but not this version.

Help is greatly appreciated.
0
Hambone (2)
4/12/2008 6:56:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

You will probably not get much help here as this is a peer to peer group and
almost no one here (maybe even no one) uses Money Essentials.  In our
opinion, it is a totally useless product.  Get you money back and buy Money
Deluxe instead.  Get the CD instead of the download.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"Hambone" <Hambone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am testing out Money Essentials and have a few questions (note:  the help
> tool is pretty weak compared to other MS products).
>
> 1.  Monthly budget tracker is cool, but how do you add items for which you
> paid a few days before the current month started.  For example, I pay my
> Mortgage a few days before the first of the month - but I want it to show
> up
> in the budget tracker for April.
>
> 2.  How do I offset large onetime payments out of the consolidated pie
> "spending categories"?  For example, I paid off a credit card last month
> and
> it shows Credit Card Payments/Transfers as a huge chunk.  I would like to
> remove that one time hit to see the forest from the trees.
>
> 3.  How do you add to the categories section.  Lots of info on other
> versions, but not this version.
>
> Help is greatly appreciated.

0
Privacy1 (389)

Ultrasoft Money
I bought this program because I thought it truly synced with Microsoft Money. It does not. All I have found that it does is to sync the checkbook registry. I have 4 investment accounts, a running credit card account and a checking account in Money. Of the six accounts, it will only sync with the checking acct :-( Might as well just have a cheap check book program. "Jackson" <jlmeehan1@charter.net> wrote: >I bought this program because I thought it truly synced with Microsoft >Money. It does not. All I have found that it does is to sync the checkbook >registr...

Money 2007
Howdy, I have 2 PCs with Money 2007 on them. Can I store the main MNY file on a network share and then access it from both PCs (not at the same time obviously)? Just not sure if everything is stored in that one file or if I'd run into any problems doing it that way. Anyone know for sure? In microsoft.public.money, Mr B wrote: > > >I have 2 PCs with Money 2007 on them. Can I store the main MNY file on a >network share and then access it from both PCs (not at the same time >obviously)? Just not sure if everything is stored in that one file or if I...

budget #6
I would like to enter transactions for each budgeted item. Can not do this. I only use MONEY 2004 (first time user) for budget purposes only! Appreciate assistance. Thanks. ...

taxutil.dll
I have been using Money2000 successfully for the last 4 years. I tried to start it today and I received the error "MSMONEY caused an exception 10H in module TAXUTIL.DLL at 017f: 295b207a.". I checked my system and this dll is still there. Then I tried re-installing with no success. Finally I uninstalled and re-installed with no luck. Any ideas? Can you navigate to the msmoney.exe and open the program directly from there? Can you open the Sample file? Try removing and reinstalling to a new folder. "Wade" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Static Reports Location #2
Hello: Can someone tell me where the static reports are stored? I found some static reports (PDFs) that load up in a webpart; however, it's unclear where they are stored. In general, I am researching the various reporting options. We would like to create reports (scheduled) and store them in a document respository, making them available to specific users based on custom roles. Thanks, Frank ------=_NextPart_0001_8FD29DDB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Frank, Thank you for using Newsgroups! I will assume you want these reports to be used with Business Po...

Date filter in AFA reports
It will be important to add a date filter on AFA reports. All customers have this suggestion. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d6bc6c96-14cd-4660-a7a...

Deleted timesheet resists in Reporting DB
On the one hand I hope for all of you that you can’t answer my question since you never ran into it. On the other hand I hope that anyone has an idea what I could try: I have the situation that a timesheet was created at some day. A few days later this timesheet was deleted. We don’t know exactly when that was done, but it could be during a timeframe when disk space was full. The issue is now, that we have the old timesheet data in Reporting DB, but no information for that timesheetUID in Published DB. When resource create a new timesheet for that period, there is an error in...

CListCtrl in report mode and column header
Hi, I would like to have a CListCtrl in report mode with columnheader but I would like the column header to be transparent and without displaying separators. How can I do that ? mosfet a �crit : > Hi, > > I would like to have a CListCtrl in report mode with columnheader but > I would like the column header to be transparent and without displaying > separators. > How can I do that ? Or same question : HOW CAN I CHANGE COLUMN HEADER COLOR ? "mosfet" <richom.v@free.fr> wrote in message news:45d45ced$0$26337$426a74cc@news.free.fr... > Hi, > > I wo...

Extra blank pages in my Reports in SRS
I have build probably 15 reports using SQl 2005 Business Intelligence Dev Studio. For some reason, even though I have ever single "insert a page break after" UNCHECKED, when I upload my report to CRM and print it, it ALWAYS prints an extra page (or 2 or 3 or 4). Am I missing something obvious? -Melissa Are these blanks pages on every other page (Page 1 has data, page 2 blank, page 3 has data, etc)? Could be a layout page issue. If any Report controls (textbox, table, matix) goes further than your margins allow (even just a little bit), you'll have blank pages. So, if...

setting up online bill pay money 2002
I use bank of America. When I tried to sign up for online bill pay, I recieved a web page with a message that there isn't a microsoft web page that matches your entry. I have online bill pay through my bank but would like to use it through money 2002. Anyone have any suggestions on how to sign up a different way? Thanks, Stacy ...

Error when printing custom Crystal Report
When printing a custom crystal report from within CRM one of two things occurs: If I am the one printing, I am prompted to log on to the APS. If someone else tries to print it, the following error message is displayed: "Information is needed before this report can be processed. [On Cache/Page Server: ASERV.pageserver]" The report displays fine and all users are able to navigate to different pages with no problems. ASERV is the name of the server on which CRM is installed. The report was created with Crystal 9.2.2 and saved directly to the CRM server. The report is not save...

Problem With Crystal Reports in CRM
Hi, Any report I try to access results in the following message (or similar) being displayed in the Report Viewer: File frs://Input/a_012/001/000/268/8a433f105d3ee1a2.rpt not found on File Repository Server. If anyone can help me out, I would greatly apprecaite it. Ta Chris first ensure all your crystal services are started. Second have you rebuilt your crm system. Microsoft does have a utility to rebuild your crystal file store if you have issues -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Chris Ericoli"...

Money 99 #11
A friend of mine has Money 99 on a Windows 98 machine at her church. She had a machine with Windows 98 at home, but recently upgraded to Windows 2000. Money 99 was installed and she is able to complete transactions with the dates showing. When she exports a file to a floppy on the Windows 2000 machine and takes it to the Windows 98 machine at church to import, the transaction dates do not show up. I realize that this is a function of Money 99. I told her to try a new floppy disk with a fresh export; also tried a backup and restore. When I tried to open the file directly from the floppy,...

MS Money 2006 Sync
I have successfully been able to sync my iPaq with Outlook and my files. Anyone out there know what I now have to download in order to sync with MS Money 2006 with VISTA? I have the same issue. There's a note on one of the Money support pages that says: Please note: Money for the Pocket PC will work on versions prior to Win Mobile 5.0 (2005). It does NOT work on Win Mobile 5.0. Money 2007 will not synchronize with any Pocket PC version. Money 2006 will synchronize with Money for the Pocket PC if it is running on a version prior to Win Mobile 5.0. If you're running mobil...

Equity Line Payments in Money 2003
I reviewed some of the posts and even called MS on this, and there does not seem to be a way to split/categorize payments made to an equity line account. How the software defaults this payment is that it is assigned a category of "Transfer: Checking Account." Obviously, if this is changed, then the corresponding entry in the checking account would be effected, making that account out of balance. At least one way you can keep the balances correct is to enter your interest/finance charge on the equity line account every month by posting a "Charge." If anyone knows of a wa...

Can Microsoft Money 2004 update HK Stock Price
Hi all, I know that Money 2001 and 2002 cannot upgrade HK stock price from the online service. Can Money 2004 now upgate HK stock price now through the online service? Thank you. Pong >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >I know that Money 2001 and 2002 cannot upgrade HK stock price from the >online service. > >Can Money 2004 now upgate HK stock price now through the online >service? > >Thank you. > >Pong >. > What company is the HK symbol for? I don't get a quote on finance.yahoo.com for HK when I enter the symbol. >-----Original Mes...

Keep Linked Data after Deleting Report
I'm making metrics for my group at work. I have downloaded/sorted each month's data & placed each month into a different tab on the same worksheet. On one tab I have created a chart that takes information from each month and measures it on the chart (using the COUNTIF function). Since this is the document that my team will be using...we will be deleting months as time goes on to make more room. However, in order to continue measuring the trend, we'd like the value for the the months that are outdated and we delete to remain. When I go to delete the tab with the data...

Need to print Cover Sheet for report.
Hi, I'm using Access via Office XP Pro. I am working on a government report. The first page of the report is a cover sheet / instructions and has nothing to do with the actual data other than it has to be the first page / coversheet to the report. Then I have the actual report which needs to have one footer at the end of the report which has the actual totals. I do not need a footer on each page, just the last page. Currently, I put the cover sheet in the Report Header. The cover sheet has our name, address, phone number, name of person submitting the report, and ...

sql server report 2008 export options
I would like to know know what are the options of exporting in sql server reports 2008: I would like to export a report with about 10 sub or linked reports to a format that you can work with a table of contents. From looking on the web site looks like my best option is to export to Word. Are there other export options that would work like exporting to xml and creating a table of contents? If not, how would you accomplish this task using Word? ...

money 2005 #43
I have Money 2005 installed on my desk top.I don't have it set up for passport. I also have it set up on my laptop the same way. I enter all my transactions on the desktop and tried running a backup and then restore it on my lap top and it does not recognize it. what have I done wrong? What is the version number on your laptop? (Help > About). It needs to end in 1105. If it doesn't - open the sample.mny file on your laptop and download the update from the Internet. Version should now be 1105 and you are good to go. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips ...

View/Print Individual Reports
Here is what I have: I have a database for tracking therapy clients. Client data is in one table. Therapy progress notes are in another with a one-to-many relationship. I have a form w/ subform set up to receive the data. I have a query set up to tie the two tables together and feed into a report. (Tables/Forms and Queries all do what I want them to properly) Right now, the report contains data from every client and progress note. What I want is to be able to place a button on the subform for the progress notes, so that when it is clicked it generates the report with just that...

Money 2003/2004 Problem
I was able to use direct statements in Money 2003, in Money 2004 I can only download statements. Has anyone else experienced this? In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote: >I was able to use direct statements in Money 2003, in >Money 2004 I can only download statements. Has anyone >else experienced this? No. ...

Money Runtime Error R6025
Tried the kb to register dll's, and still didnt work. I tried on my vista, quite a few DLLs are missing and can't register. Also tried on a XP machine and still the same error. Any other suggestions? =( ...

Deleting Budgets???
I am using GP 7.5 and imported some budgets from Excel into Great Plains. I need to delete two of them and everytime I go to do it - Great Plains freezes up and I get the error that Program is not responding-end now or cancel. I have waited for hours and nothing happens. I have even tried deleting by account range and the same thing occurred. Has anyone else encountered this in the past??? Any help on this matter would be appreciated. thanks Barb ...

find instances & report neighboring values
I am attempting to sub total amounts by month for a fairly large number of items. I would like to have excel find all instances on one date (Oct-05 or Jan-06 for example) and report all of the values in the cell neighboring each (ex, if I am adding the Oct-05 values, I want it to find the Oct-05 in d-4 and d-8 and report the value for e-4 and e-8). Once the values are reported, I need the values added . I don't care to see each value but I do need the total to be seen. =SUMIF(D:D,A1,E:E) where A1 hoilds the date to test for. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailin...