Money and Mac

I know that Microsoft does not make a copy of Money for Macintosh, so how hard/easy will it be to switch to Quicken and
convert my Money files to the Quicken format ? I am using Money 2007.
0
howdy1 (11)
11/25/2007 1:11:28 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I assume you intend to convert to the QuickenMac version?  If so, there
seems to be consensus that Q-Mac is a flawed product that gets little
attention from Quicken.  It has fewer features and more bugs, and has yet to
be updated for Mac's Intel chips (that's coming in '08).   I'm considering a
switch to Mac.  If so, I'm resigned to running Money under Windows.

"HowdyDoody" <howdy@doody.com> wrote in message
>I know that Microsoft does not make a copy of Money for Macintosh, so how
>hard/easy will it be to switch to Quicken and
> convert my Money files to the Quicken format ? I am using Money 2007.

0
mer1 (18)
11/25/2007 3:09:15 PM
I wanted to, but I guess I will just leave it on my PC and use that as I always do. I do not want to put anything
Microsoft on my new MAC. It all seems to work very well, and don't to take any chances of screwing it up. So I will just
continue to use my PC when necessary, and my MAC  most of the time. Thanks for your reply.

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 07:09:15 -0800, "L Cramer" <1zcra(exclude)mer@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I assume you intend to convert to the QuickenMac version?  If so, there
>seems to be consensus that Q-Mac is a flawed product that gets little
>attention from Quicken.  It has fewer features and more bugs, and has yet to
>be updated for Mac's Intel chips (that's coming in '08).   I'm considering a
>switch to Mac.  If so, I'm resigned to running Money under Windows.
>

>"HowdyDoody" <howdy@doody.com> wrote in message
>>I know that Microsoft does not make a copy of Money for Macintosh, so how
>>hard/easy will it be to switch to Quicken and
>> convert my Money files to the Quicken format ? I am using Money 2007.

0
howdy1 (11)
11/26/2007 2:29:16 PM
HowdyDoody:

Do what I do - get VMware Fusion (or Parallels) and run Money under a
VM. With Unity it appears taht my Money runs right on the Mac desktop.
I would suggest at least 2GB of RAM though; when I ran it under 1GB
with my Mac Mini 2GHz it was slow and crashed a lot. Now with 2GB it is
rock solid - seems more solid under XP within the Fusion VM than it did
while under XP itself!

One other thing to consider is MoneyDance. I was considering switching
to this till I got MS Money 2007 to run well under Fusion. MoneyDance
is not the greatest replacement but it is not that bad (from my limited
playing around with it.

Chimp
--

HowdyDoody wrote:

> I wanted to, but I guess I will just leave it on my PC and use that
> as I always do. I do not want to put anything Microsoft on my new
> MAC. It all seems to work very well, and don't to take any chances of
> screwing it up. So I will just continue to use my PC when necessary,
> and my MAC  most of the time. Thanks for your reply.
>
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 07:09:15 -0800, "L Cramer"
> <1zcra(exclude)mer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I assume you intend to convert to the QuickenMac version?  If so,
> > there seems to be consensus that Q-Mac is a flawed product that
> > gets little attention from Quicken.  It has fewer features and more
> > bugs, and has yet to be updated for Mac's Intel chips (that's
> > coming in '08).   I'm considering a switch to Mac.  If so, I'm
> > resigned to running Money under Windows.
> >

> >"HowdyDoody" <howdy@doody.com> wrote in message
> > > I know that Microsoft does not make a copy of Money for
> > > Macintosh, so how hard/easy will it be to switch to Quicken and
> >> convert my Money files to the Quicken format ? I am using Money
> 2007.

0
Tom4406 (70)
11/26/2007 10:18:06 PM
Ditto what Tom said.  I'm running Money on WinXP thru a VM on my iMac.  Very
pleased.  Forget all Mac versions of Quicken... total garbage (as of now).
If nothing else, you won't like the aesthetics of the program since you are
already accustomed to using Money.  Of course, looks aren't everything, but
generally speaking I also found the Mac version clunky.  It didn't last long
on my computer.

As far as virtual machine software, I personally recommend Fusion over
Parallels.  I've used them both (currently Fusion), although in all honesty
I can't vouch for Parallels v3.0 since I crossed over at 2.5.

Hope this helps.

LT

With a VM, you get the best of both worlds.
"Tom Simpson" <tom@nospam.com> wrote in message
> HowdyDoody:
>
> Do what I do - get VMware Fusion (or Parallels) and run Money under a
> VM. With Unity it appears taht my Money runs right on the Mac desktop.
> I would suggest at least 2GB of RAM though; when I ran it under 1GB
> with my Mac Mini 2GHz it was slow and crashed a lot. Now with 2GB it is
> rock solid - seems more solid under XP within the Fusion VM than it did
> while under XP itself!
>
> One other thing to consider is MoneyDance. I was considering switching
> to this till I got MS Money 2007 to run well under Fusion. MoneyDance
> is not the greatest replacement but it is not that bad (from my limited
> playing around with it.
>
> Chimp
> --
>

> HowdyDoody wrote:
>
>> I wanted to, but I guess I will just leave it on my PC and use that
>> as I always do. I do not want to put anything Microsoft on my new
>> MAC. It all seems to work very well, and don't to take any chances of
>> screwing it up. So I will just continue to use my PC when necessary,
>> and my MAC  most of the time. Thanks for your reply.
>>
>> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 07:09:15 -0800, "L Cramer"
>> <1zcra(exclude)mer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I assume you intend to convert to the QuickenMac version?  If so,
>> > there seems to be consensus that Q-Mac is a flawed product that
>> > gets little attention from Quicken.  It has fewer features and more
>> > bugs, and has yet to be updated for Mac's Intel chips (that's
>> > coming in '08).   I'm considering a switch to Mac.  If so, I'm
>> > resigned to running Money under Windows.
>> >

>> >"HowdyDoody" <howdy@doody.com> wrote in message
>> 2007.

0
spamyou (14)
11/26/2007 11:24:44 PM
Don't I have to have Win XP on my machine to run Money under Fusion or Parallels ? I want to completyely migrate to OS X
and have nothing to do with MS anymore.

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:18:06 -0800, "Tom Simpson" <tom@nospam.com> wrote:

>HowdyDoody:
>
>Do what I do - get VMware Fusion (or Parallels) and run Money under a
>VM. With Unity it appears taht my Money runs right on the Mac desktop.
>I would suggest at least 2GB of RAM though; when I ran it under 1GB
>with my Mac Mini 2GHz it was slow and crashed a lot. Now with 2GB it is
>rock solid - seems more solid under XP within the Fusion VM than it did
>while under XP itself!
>
>One other thing to consider is MoneyDance. I was considering switching
>to this till I got MS Money 2007 to run well under Fusion. MoneyDance
>is not the greatest replacement but it is not that bad (from my limited
>playing around with it.
>
>Chimp
0
howdy1 (11)
11/27/2007 1:38:32 PM
Thanks for your response. As I just asked Tom, do I not have to have XP installed to run Fusion or Parallels ? If so, I
will just use my PC for programs that won't or can't run on a MAC and use the MAC for all else. I want to totally get
away from Microsoft anything. Thanks....

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:24:44 -0600, "LT" <spamyou@nospam.net> wrote:

>Ditto what Tom said.  I'm running Money on WinXP thru a VM on my iMac.  Very
>pleased.  Forget all Mac versions of Quicken... total garbage (as of now).
>If nothing else, you won't like the aesthetics of the program since you are
>already accustomed to using Money.  Of course, looks aren't everything, but
>generally speaking I also found the Mac version clunky.  It didn't last long
>on my computer.
>
>As far as virtual machine software, I personally recommend Fusion over
>Parallels.  I've used them both (currently Fusion), although in all honesty
>I can't vouch for Parallels v3.0 since I crossed over at 2.5.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>LT
>

>With a VM, you get the best of both worlds.
>"Tom Simpson" <tom@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> HowdyDoody:
>>
>> Do what I do - get VMware Fusion (or Parallels) and run Money under a
>> VM. With Unity it appears taht my Money runs right on the Mac desktop.
>> I would suggest at least 2GB of RAM though; when I ran it under 1GB
>> with my Mac Mini 2GHz it was slow and crashed a lot. Now with 2GB it is
>> rock solid - seems more solid under XP within the Fusion VM than it did
>> while under XP itself!
>>
>> One other thing to consider is MoneyDance. I was considering switching
>> to this till I got MS Money 2007 to run well under Fusion. MoneyDance
>> is not the greatest replacement but it is not that bad (from my limited
>> playing around with it.
>>
>> Chimp
>> --
>>

>> HowdyDoody wrote:
>>
>>> I wanted to, but I guess I will just leave it on my PC and use that
>>> as I always do. I do not want to put anything Microsoft on my new
>>> MAC. It all seems to work very well, and don't to take any chances of
>>> screwing it up. So I will just continue to use my PC when necessary,
>>> and my MAC  most of the time. Thanks for your reply.

>>> 2007.

0
howdy1 (11)
11/27/2007 1:40:30 PM
Yes, you must have a version of windows installed to run money.  With Fusion
or Parallels, you are not limited to just one vm.  You can have several if
you like to tinker around with other OS's.

You know, initially I wanted to get away from everything MS as well, but
over time that has diminished.  There are some programs I have with no
options for Mac.  And Macs are not without their own issues, by the way,
contrary to what the the self-proclaimed loyal and cult-like Mac customers
will have you believe.

Heck, I even find myself still using Outlook for email archives (Mac's Mail
is clean and simple, but that's it which I'm sure is OK for most users), but
I'm also forcing myself to learn Mac's iWork suite of programs (namely
Pages.. like MS Word... and Numbers.. like MS Excel).

Ultimately, my aging PC was obsolete.  It was nice to finally get rid of it
and make some room under my desk.

Get yourself a copy of Fusion or Parallels, load up your WinXP, and enjoy
the convenience of using your Mac OS while still having quick access to your
MS programs.... and then some.  Try it for a while.  You'll see you will
grow accustomed to and will like the new arrangement in short order.

In closing and keeping with the spirit of this forum, my preference will
continue to be MS Money over windows based Quicken.  I won't revisit the Mac
Quicken until it is totally revamped, but that does not look like it's going
to happen anytime soon.  (I remember reading one post from a Mac user about
Quicken for Mac... "come on Quicken, us Mac users are your most loyal fans
and started your customer base."  Ha, so much for loyalty.)

John

> Don't I have to have Win XP on my machine to run Money under Fusion or
> Parallels ? I want to completyely migrate to OS X
> and have nothing to do with MS anymore.
>
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:18:06 -0800, "Tom Simpson" <tom@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>HowdyDoody:
>>
>>Do what I do - get VMware Fusion (or Parallels) and run Money under a
>>VM. With Unity it appears taht my Money runs right on the Mac desktop.
>>I would suggest at least 2GB of RAM though; when I ran it under 1GB
>>with my Mac Mini 2GHz it was slow and crashed a lot. Now with 2GB it is
>>rock solid - seems more solid under XP within the Fusion VM than it did
>>while under XP itself!
>>
>>One other thing to consider is MoneyDance. I was considering switching
>>to this till I got MS Money 2007 to run well under Fusion. MoneyDance
>>is not the greatest replacement but it is not that bad (from my limited
>>playing around with it.
>>
>>Chimp

0
spamyou (14)
11/28/2007 2:22:33 PM
Thanks for your informative post.  I'm about to make the switch.  However
OT,  I'm curious to know how you handle the virus, security issues
associated with running WinOS on a Mac, and did you try Boot Camp?

Thanks, Lyn

"LT" <spamyou@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Yes, you must have a version of windows installed to run money.  With
> Fusion or Parallels, you are not limited to just one vm.  You can have
> several if you like to tinker around with other OS's.
>

> You know, initially I wanted to get away from everything MS as well, but
> over time that has diminished.  There are some programs I have with no
> options for Mac.  And Macs are not without their own issues, by the way,
> contrary to what the the self-proclaimed loyal and cult-like Mac customers
> will have you believe.
>

> Heck, I even find myself still using Outlook for email archives (Mac's
> Mail is clean and simple, but that's it which I'm sure is OK for most
> users), but I'm also forcing myself to learn Mac's iWork suite of programs
> (namely Pages.. like MS Word... and Numbers.. like MS Excel).
>

> Ultimately, my aging PC was obsolete.  It was nice to finally get rid of
> it and make some room under my desk.
>

> Get yourself a copy of Fusion or Parallels, load up your WinXP, and enjoy
> the convenience of using your Mac OS while still having quick access to
> your MS programs.... and then some.  Try it for a while.  You'll see you
> will grow accustomed to and will like the new arrangement in short order.
>

> In closing and keeping with the spirit of this forum, my preference will
> continue to be MS Money over windows based Quicken.  I won't revisit the
> Mac Quicken until it is totally revamped, but that does not look like it's
> going to happen anytime soon.  (I remember reading one post from a Mac
> user about Quicken for Mac... "come on Quicken, us Mac users are your most
> loyal fans and started your customer base."  Ha, so much for loyalty.)
>

> John
>

> "HowdyDoody" <howdy@doody.com> wrote in message
>> Don't I have to have Win XP on my machine to run Money under Fusion or
>> Parallels ? I want to completyely migrate to OS X
>> and have nothing to do with MS anymore.
>>
>> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:18:06 -0800, "Tom Simpson" <tom@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>>HowdyDoody:
>>>
>>>Do what I do - get VMware Fusion (or Parallels) and run Money under a
>>>VM. With Unity it appears taht my Money runs right on the Mac desktop.
>>>I would suggest at least 2GB of RAM though; when I ran it under 1GB
>>>with my Mac Mini 2GHz it was slow and crashed a lot. Now with 2GB it is
>>>rock solid - seems more solid under XP within the Fusion VM than it did
>>>while under XP itself!
>>>
>>>One other thing to consider is MoneyDance. I was considering switching
>>>to this till I got MS Money 2007 to run well under Fusion. MoneyDance
>>>is not the greatest replacement but it is not that bad (from my limited
>>>playing around with it.
>>>
>>>Chimp

0
mer1 (18)
11/28/2007 4:41:04 PM
Hi Lyn,

No, I have not tried Boot Camp.  Boot Camp was available as a free download
from Apple before Parallels (and then Fusion) entered the market.  You might
already be aware that Boot Camp allows you to load another OS, but it can't
run simultaneously with the Mac OS.  In other words, you must reboot the
machine to what ever OS you choose to access.

I do use AV for the Windows OS.  Once you get your vm up and running, just
install your AV as you normally would on a stand alone platform.

I currently do not have use AV for the Mac side.  There are some security
issues with Mac OS X, but Apple so far has been quick to plug them.  I
recall one or two fairly common AV programs for Mac, but as of now, I like
most users don't have the urgency to use them at the moment.  With the
success of the iMac, I'm sure this will get more attention in the future as
hacker scum realize they can infect a growing user base to make their
dubious efforts worthwhile.

Enjoy your new machine.  For me, it's made working in front of the computer
more satisfactory.  I grew tired of repairing windows platforms at work
mostly caused by users "playing" around too much, and coming home to the Mac
was simply a refreshing change.

John

"L Cramer" <1zcra(exclude)mer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your informative post.  I'm about to make the switch.  However
> OT,  I'm curious to know how you handle the virus, security issues
> associated with running WinOS on a Mac, and did you try Boot Camp?
>
> Thanks, Lyn
>

> "LT" <spamyou@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Yes, you must have a version of windows installed to run money.  With
>> Fusion or Parallels, you are not limited to just one vm.  You can have
>> several if you like to tinker around with other OS's.
>>

>> You know, initially I wanted to get away from everything MS as well, but
>> over time that has diminished.  There are some programs I have with no
>> options for Mac.  And Macs are not without their own issues, by the way,
>> contrary to what the the self-proclaimed loyal and cult-like Mac
>> customers
>> will have you believe.
>>

>> Heck, I even find myself still using Outlook for email archives (Mac's
>> Mail is clean and simple, but that's it which I'm sure is OK for most
>> users), but I'm also forcing myself to learn Mac's iWork suite of
>> programs
>> (namely Pages.. like MS Word... and Numbers.. like MS Excel).
>>

>> Ultimately, my aging PC was obsolete.  It was nice to finally get rid of
>> it and make some room under my desk.
>>

>> Get yourself a copy of Fusion or Parallels, load up your WinXP, and enjoy
>> the convenience of using your Mac OS while still having quick access to
>> your MS programs.... and then some.  Try it for a while.  You'll see you
>> will grow accustomed to and will like the new arrangement in short order.
>>

>> In closing and keeping with the spirit of this forum, my preference will
>> continue to be MS Money over windows based Quicken.  I won't revisit the
>> Mac Quicken until it is totally revamped, but that does not look like
>> it's
>> going to happen anytime soon.  (I remember reading one post from a Mac
>> user about Quicken for Mac... "come on Quicken, us Mac users are your
>> most
>> loyal fans and started your customer base."  Ha, so much for loyalty.)
>>

>> John
>>

>> "HowdyDoody" <howdy@doody.com> wrote in message
>>> Don't I have to have Win XP on my machine to run Money under Fusion or
>>> Parallels ? I want to completyely migrate to OS X
>>> and have nothing to do with MS anymore.

0
spamyou (14)
11/28/2007 5:43:01 PM
I forgot to add:  Boot Camp is now included with Leopard, Mac's latest OS.
I haven't even explored the CD looking for it.

> [...]
>>>

>>> Get yourself a copy of Fusion or Parallels, load up your WinXP, and
>>> enjoy
>>> the convenience of using your Mac OS while still having quick access to
>>> your MS programs.... and then some.  Try it for a while.  You'll see you
>>> will grow accustomed to and will like the new arrangement in short
>>> order.
>>>

>>> In closing and keeping with the spirit of this forum, my preference will
>>> continue to be MS Money over windows based Quicken.  I won't revisit the
>>> Mac Quicken until it is totally revamped, but that does not look like
>>> it's
>>> going to happen anytime soon.  (I remember reading one post from a Mac
>>> user about Quicken for Mac... "come on Quicken, us Mac users are your
>>> most
>>> loyal fans and started your customer base."  Ha, so much for loyalty.)

0
spamyou (14)
11/28/2007 5:45:10 PM
By the way,  I use Outlook Express on my vm to access news groups such as
this one.

"L Cramer" <1zcra(exclude)mer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for your informative post.  I'm about to make the switch.  However
> OT,  I'm curious to know how you handle the virus, security issues
> associated with running WinOS on a Mac, and did you try Boot Camp?
>
> Thanks, Lyn
>

> "LT" <spamyou@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Yes, you must have a version of windows installed to run money.  With
>> Fusion or Parallels, you are not limited to just one vm.  You can have
>> several if you like to tinker around with other OS's.
>>

>> You know, initially I wanted to get away from everything MS as well, but
>> over time that has diminished.  There are some programs I have with no
>> options for Mac.  And Macs are not without their own issues, by the way,
>> contrary to what the the self-proclaimed loyal and cult-like Mac
>> customers
>> will have you believe.
>>

>> Heck, I even find myself still using Outlook for email archives (Mac's
>> Mail is clean and simple, but that's it which I'm sure is OK for most
>> users), but I'm also forcing myself to learn Mac's iWork suite of
>> programs
>> (namely Pages.. like MS Word... and Numbers.. like MS Excel).
>>

>> Ultimately, my aging PC was obsolete.  It was nice to finally get rid of
>> it and make some room under my desk.
>>

>> Get yourself a copy of Fusion or Parallels, load up your WinXP, and enjoy
>> the convenience of using your Mac OS while still having quick access to
>> your MS programs.... and then some.  Try it for a while.  You'll see you
>> will grow accustomed to and will like the new arrangement in short order.
>>

>> In closing and keeping with the spirit of this forum, my preference will
>> continue to be MS Money over windows based Quicken.  I won't revisit the
>> Mac Quicken until it is totally revamped, but that does not look like
>> it's
>> going to happen anytime soon.  (I remember reading one post from a Mac
>> user about Quicken for Mac... "come on Quicken, us Mac users are your
>> most
>> loyal fans and started your customer base."  Ha, so much for loyalty.)
>>

>> John
>>

>> "HowdyDoody" <howdy@doody.com> wrote in message
>>> Don't I have to have Win XP on my machine to run Money under Fusion or
>>> Parallels ? I want to completyely migrate to OS X
>>> and have nothing to do with MS anymore.

0
spamyou (14)
11/28/2007 5:49:47 PM
Thanks for your reply. I think, at least for the near future, I will keep two separate machines, a PC for my Windows
programs that I cannot migrate to OS X, and the Apple, which I will learn how to use more efficiently. I have used Money
too long to give it up, also, I have been using Forte Agent as my newsreader since they started,  and hate to start out
new again on the MAC..

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:22:33 -0600, "LT" <spamyou@nospam.net> wrote:

>Yes, you must have a version of windows installed to run money.  With Fusion
>or Parallels, you are not limited to just one vm.  You can have several if
>you like to tinker around with other OS's.
>

>You know, initially I wanted to get away from everything MS as well, but
>over time that has diminished.  There are some programs I have with no
>options for Mac.  And Macs are not without their own issues, by the way,
>contrary to what the the self-proclaimed loyal and cult-like Mac customers
>will have you believe.
>

>Heck, I even find myself still using Outlook for email archives (Mac's Mail
>is clean and simple, but that's it which I'm sure is OK for most users), but
>I'm also forcing myself to learn Mac's iWork suite of programs (namely
>Pages.. like MS Word... and Numbers.. like MS Excel).
>

>Ultimately, my aging PC was obsolete.  It was nice to finally get rid of it
>and make some room under my desk.
>

>Get yourself a copy of Fusion or Parallels, load up your WinXP, and enjoy
>the convenience of using your Mac OS while still having quick access to your
>MS programs.... and then some.  Try it for a while.  You'll see you will
>grow accustomed to and will like the new arrangement in short order.
>

>In closing and keeping with the spirit of this forum, my preference will
>continue to be MS Money over windows based Quicken.  I won't revisit the Mac
>Quicken until it is totally revamped, but that does not look like it's going
>to happen anytime soon.  (I remember reading one post from a Mac user about
>Quicken for Mac... "come on Quicken, us Mac users are your most loyal fans
>and started your customer base."  Ha, so much for loyalty.)
>

>John
>

>"HowdyDoody" <howdy@doody.com> wrote in message
>> Don't I have to have Win XP on my machine to run Money under Fusion or
>> Parallels ? I want to completyely migrate to OS X
>> and have nothing to do with MS anymore.
>>
>> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:18:06 -0800, "Tom Simpson" <tom@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>>HowdyDoody:
>>>
>>>Do what I do - get VMware Fusion (or Parallels) and run Money under a
>>>VM. With Unity it appears taht my Money runs right on the Mac desktop.
>>>I would suggest at least 2GB of RAM though; when I ran it under 1GB
>>>with my Mac Mini 2GHz it was slow and crashed a lot. Now with 2GB it is
>>>rock solid - seems more solid under XP within the Fusion VM than it did
>>>while under XP itself!
>>>
>>>One other thing to consider is MoneyDance. I was considering switching
>>>to this till I got MS Money 2007 to run well under Fusion. MoneyDance
>>>is not the greatest replacement but it is not that bad (from my limited
>>>playing around with it.
>>>
>>>Chimp

0
howdy1 (11)
11/29/2007 12:34:45 PM
Yes, you have to have a copy of WinXP, that is what you install in your
VM once you set it up. The nice thing with Fusion over Boot Camp is
that you don't need to reboot to use Windows; simply load the VM, and
then load any Windows programs you need. Like LT, I still use Outlook
2007 and it appears to run natively under my Mac desktop. Why have two
computers when one will suffice? (if your Mac is powerful enough - I
run mine on a 2GHz Mac Mini w/2GB RAM and it runs great!)

Then you have the best of both worlds.

Tom
--

HowdyDoody wrote:

> Don't I have to have Win XP on my machine to run Money under Fusion
> or Parallels ? I want to completyely migrate to OS X and have nothing
> to do with MS anymore.
>
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:18:06 -0800, "Tom Simpson" <tom@nospam.com>
> wrote:
>
> > HowdyDoody:
> >
> > Do what I do - get VMware Fusion (or Parallels) and run Money under
> > a VM. With Unity it appears taht my Money runs right on the Mac
> > desktop.  I would suggest at least 2GB of RAM though; when I ran it
> > under 1GB with my Mac Mini 2GHz it was slow and crashed a lot. Now
> > with 2GB it is rock solid - seems more solid under XP within the
> > Fusion VM than it did while under XP itself!
> >
> > One other thing to consider is MoneyDance. I was considering
> > switching to this till I got MS Money 2007 to run well under
> > Fusion. MoneyDance is not the greatest replacement but it is not
> > that bad (from my limited playing around with it.
> >
> > Chimp
0
Tom4406 (70)