Money 99 and Windows XP SP2

Hi folks.
After updating Windows XP with SP2, my old loved Microsoft Money 99 stop
working. When I try to open the program, nothing happends. It appears in the
processes list for a moment and then disapears.
Any idea?

0
amgnsNO (5)
9/29/2004 11:55:45 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Try reinstalling the program, SP2 may have overwritten some settings that
Money 99 wanted.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

"Adri�n Guinsburg" <amgnsNO@SPAMbigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Hi folks.
> After updating Windows XP with SP2, my old loved Microsoft Money 99 stop
> working. When I try to open the program, nothing happends. It appears in
the
> processes list for a moment and then disapears.
> Any idea?

0
glyn1 (1534)
9/30/2004 7:48:48 AM
Thank you for your answer.
I already try reinstalling Money 99 and the problem is still there.
Not using SP2 firewall. Already try IE security settings to low.
Nothing!!!!

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" wrote:

> Try reinstalling the program, SP2 may have overwritten some settings that
> Money 99 wanted.
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org
>
> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> if it's a UK specific wish.
>
> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>
> "Adrián Guinsburg" <amgnsNO@SPAMbigfoot.com> wrote in message
> > Hi folks.
> > After updating Windows XP with SP2, my old loved Microsoft Money 99 stop
> > working. When I try to open the program, nothing happends. It appears in
> the
> > processes list for a moment and then disapears.
> > Any idea?

0
Guinsburg (1)
9/30/2004 2:01:02 PM
Hi. I already fix this problem!!!
I were using Money 99 in Windows XP SP1 with compatibility for Windows 98.
Unchecking this box fixes everything. Now, without compatibility, runs
smooth.

Thanks anyway and I hope someone get benefit from this answer

"Adrian Guinsburg" <Adrian Guinsburg@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en
el mensaje news:FE2ADDE9-49AF-4803-94DA-082D892A5BC0@microsoft.com...
> Thank you for your answer.
> I already try reinstalling Money 99 and the problem is still there.
> Not using SP2 firewall. Already try IE security settings to low.
> Nothing!!!!
>

> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" wrote:
>
>> Try reinstalling the program, SP2 may have overwritten some settings that
>> Money 99 wanted.
>>
>> --
>> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
>> http://money.mvps.org
>>
>> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
>> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
>> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
>> if it's a UK specific wish.
>>
>> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>>
>> "Adri�n Guinsburg" <amgnsNO@SPAMbigfoot.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi folks.
>> > After updating Windows XP with SP2, my old loved Microsoft Money 99
>> > stop
>> > working. When I try to open the program, nothing happends. It appears
>> > in
>> the
>> > processes list for a moment and then disapears.
>> > Any idea?

0
amgnsNO (5)
10/2/2004 5:01:52 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Adri�n Guinsburg wrote:

>Hi. I already fix this problem!!!
>I were using Money 99 in Windows XP SP1 with compatibility for Windows 98.
>Unchecking this box fixes everything. Now, without compatibility, runs
>smooth.

I am glad to hear it.

>Thanks anyway and I hope someone get benefit from this answer

I suspect there is a good chance of that happening.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

MSN Money Newsletters
I used to receive the MSN Money PM Market Newsletter up until the 20th of last month, then nothing. I have tried almost everything to acquire it again without any luck, and have not found any help at Microsoft either. Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Money 2007 Business Section
A couple things I found in the Money 2007 business section that cause definite problems. 1. When invoicing, there's no way to include the date that the time took place on the invoice. So there is no way to show your client what date the service you're billing them for took place. There is no report in the system that displays the time data with the date, so it can't be exported or reported on either. This seems like an obvious flaw, but evidently it's OK since it was the same in 2006. That makes it correct, so it won't be fixed (per MS). 2. When invoicing tim...

Upgrading from Office XP/2002 to Office 2003
I have a WinXP Pro computer with Office XP(2002) installed, including FrontPage 2002. Office XP has performed flawlessly and has never given me any issues whatsoever (but I need to upgrade Outlook because my PST is too large) I just purchased Office 2003 Professional, which does not contain FrontPage 2003. Can anyone tell me if there would be problems upgrading Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access to Office 2003, but leaving FrontPage at 2002? Any warnings or advice on the upgrade? Thanks!!! No problem to do that at all -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup fo...

Cannot send Rich Text Messages in Outlook XP over VPN
When I try to use Outlook XP to connect to my company's Exchange Server (we use Outlook 2000 at work) over my VPN tunnel (using proprietary Lucent IPSEC software for tunnel), I can receive messages, but I cannot send message - I always get a "Network Problems are Preventing Connection to the Microsoft Exhange Server" error. If I send a Plain Text FOrmat message, the message is delivered with no problem. If I reply to a message, even if it is in plain text format, it does not work. Help! ...

Money 05 cuts off data
B of A (Washington) using Yodlee & msn to sync data. The problem I'm experiencing is that the Payee field is being cut off. I've used /using the Payee Rules Manager, which has been working to a certain extent. My question is... What is the size limit for the payee field? A typical transaction from bofa(WA) looks like "PURCHASE 5xx29xxx658xxxxx3 ON 12/30 AT CASTLE ICE RENTON WA" When synced as configured above all i get is a very small portion, maybe part of the actual name. Second question is when trying to do a manual export from bofa (Wa) website I have the opt...

Error message in windows mail 12-21-09
I just set up my account and the existing messages imported fine, but when I try to send mail I get the following error: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'new e-mail', Account: 'mail.td-wm.com', Server: 'mail.td-wm.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Please help. Double check that all your account settings are correct. If they are, then e-mail scanning is a likely...

Excel 2000 running on Windows XP SP2 does not properly open CSV fi
The same file opened in using Excel 2000 running in Windows 2000 Pro open properly. The rows and columns are formatted properly. The same Excel 2000 opening the same CSV file but on Windows XP SP2 will not properly format the rows and columns. Hi check your regionals ettings in Windows ('Start - Control Panel') I'd suspect you have different column delimiters specified (comas versus semicolons for example) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Oscar" <Oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4985F8F5-5D33-425E-989C-65529CE63D05@mic...

Will Publisher 97 work with later versions of windows?
just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike? Jon Yes... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "belly483" <belly483@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00a801c34c73$dd061820$a101280a@phx.gbl... > just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later > versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike? > > Jon Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from belly483 <belly483@hotmail.com> > just wondering if publisher 97 will wo...

Planning Lead time-Item Vendors Maintenance window
Previously used manufacturing and MRP in v9 and the Planning Lead time on the Item Vendors Maintenance window (bottom left corner), we used to enter 7 for the number of days in 1 week. MRP then suggested to place PO's using these 7 days as one week. Now when we enter 35 for example ( V9 calculated 5 weeks for placing the PO) Now since V10 it looks like it is calculating 7 weeks lead time (35 days divided by 5 days) Did something change with V10 on this field and how MRP uses it with the Request Resolution window? thanks! -- Doug The system now looks at calendars and can conside...

Want Input boxes to accept unicode strings on Standard Windows XP
I have a MFC application that is currently built with MBCS mode. If I run the program on a Chinese OS (Windows XP), the input boxes (Edit Controls) can accept Chinese chars and display correctly. If I run it on a standard English XP, the input boxes won't accept Chinese chars (display as "????") -- please note that I have already installed CKJ on the system and IE and Outlook can display Chinese correctly. Is this just because of different MFC libraries used for the application? Can I force the application running on Standard XP to use the unicode libraries so ...

Setting up OWA with Windows Certificate
Hi everyone, I need to configure my OWA to make use of a certificate generated by a Windows 2003 server for an Exchnage 2003 server. I know how to do this using third party (Verisign) certs but I need to find a free solution. If you could point me to the correct documentation it would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Jose One of your options would be to use your own Certificate Authority. You can install this from the Win2k3 Server CD. With that you can generate your own certificate just like verisign. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

Sharing 2006 Money File
I am trying to share Money with my wife. We both have a hotmail account. I have tried to log into her account (www.hotmail.com) ... no problem. However, whenever I try to add her via "Manage sharing" and I enter her password ... Money returns with a "...could not complete sharing setup for this file please try again". I have gone through the "Access your Money data on the Web". It does not specify what the problem is. Am I missing something? Any input is welcome Thanks Do both of you have different Passport accounts? Are all hotmail.com accounts also Pass...

98 to xp excel
ive been doing work on excel on 98 brought a new pc running xp when i put my floppy in and try to open its all jumbled up can anyone help? How did you open it? First, copy that file from the Floppy to the harddrive (using windows explorer). Then open, modify, save there. Then use windows explorer to copy back to the floppy (if required). (Working directly off removeable media is a bad thing.) Try opening excel, then file|open your file to see if that helps. And if it doesn't, go back to the old pc and get a fresh copy and test it out (from the harddrive). steve wrote: > >...

Windows Mail
I have recently got Windows Mail. I keep getting a message saying to create an association for the program I am trying to open, (Microsoft Powerpoint). Windows Vista. I can get into Set Associations, but dont know what to do after that. Help You really should have opened your own thread . . . . . Go to Start - Default Programs - Set Your Default Programs - see list of programs on left - select Windows Mail - on right, just below the "pane", you should see "This program has all its defaults". If not, select the second green arrow at bottom, "Choose d...

Template driver code for a new USB Touchscreen XP driver
We want to develop a new Touchscreen driver having a USB interface for Windows XP. Which driver template will be the most suitable to start the development ? make your device a HID and then you not have to write a driver at all. d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "sanju_emb" <sanju_emb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8AAAA05-B6EA-44A7-B9E8-20E5F0A5860C@microsoft.com... > We want to develop a new Touchscreen driver having a USB interface for > Windows XP. Which driver te...

Macro to open print window and set to print entire workbook
I need help getitng a macro created to open the print window, then se it to 'print the entire workbook'. Then the macro would stop. At whic the user would then specify additional specs for printing. I.E. # o pages, paper size etc. I am trying to default the 'print entire work book option' withou restricting the user from other print specs. I have a macro that will print once a button is clicked on th spreadsheet but it goes directly to print and does not let the user se other specs. I.E. # of pages, etc. Thanks in advanc -- retseor ---------------------------------------...

Money 2006: Is there an account for FSA?
Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible spending account? And if so, what is it called? Rod I'm not aware of one. Since it wouldn't really have any properties a basic cash account wouldn't have, using a basic cash account is good enough for many of us. "Rod" <rod@no.spam> wrote in message news:%23xX7cJtMHHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible > spending account? And if so, what is it called? So, should I set up a cash account, then, or doesn't it ...

TRowePrice or Ameritrade in Money 2005
Does these both work well with Money 2005? Are they both good brokerages? John wrote in <vcmdnXgwObb1KMXcRVn-rw@comcast.com>: >Does these both work well with Money 2005? >Are they both good brokerages? > I've used TRowePrice for years with no complaints, but I'm no Warren Buffet. Money 2005 has been screwing up my investment balances though. It used to work great with Money 2002. They are both reputable firms. At the present time, I am unable to download any of my Ameritrade account data with Money 2005. From a few other reports, Ameritrade is not working with ...

Windows 7 x64 msnmsgr.exe crash
When Windows Live Messenger starts up when I log in, I very often get an application crash. Details are: Source Windows Live Messenger Summary Stopped working Date ‎3/‎31/‎2010 19:53 Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: msnmsgr.exe Application Version: 14.0.8089.726 Application Timestamp: 4a6ce533 Fault Module Name: unknown Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Offset: 10100002 Exceptio...

Money Download #3
I am assuming with all the issues, Microsoft is not going to be making Money available for download today? Don't see why not, the download version isn't going to be any different to the one you buy in the shops! But do please think twice about using a download and rather get a version on media! What are you going to do when your hard disk dies taking your downloaded copy of Money with it?!! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsof...

Money 2003: Change investment type from fund to stock
One of my investments was set up incorrectly as a mutual fund rather than a stock. Now when I sync with my brokerage website, it doesn't find the stock (since Money thinks it's a mutual fund) and it wants to add all the stock shares to my account as new shares. How can I change the investment type from mutual fund to stock from the Investments area? There are no menu options to do so and the online help doesn't provide any clues. I have several years worth of transactions for this stock, so I'd hate to have to re-enter them all. In microsoft.public.money, IanP. wrote: >...

Center Access2007 Form in the middle of access Main Window
Thank You Is there any easy way to center access 2007 forms in the middle of the screen (Monitor) or access main window. and give me good result Hello, I think there is no built in feature to achieve this goal. You may need to create a new form and configure it as the main window. You could enumerate forms and create buttons etc to open forms from this main form. For example, you could use hte following code enumerate forms in your database: Dim db As Database Set db = CurrentDb Set cntContainer = db.Containers("Forms") For Each doc In cntContainer.Documents Str...

Windows 7 slow LAN connectivity
It's really annoying that when you connect two computers to a WiFi AP and try to copy files between them it takes ages to copy anything and is slow beyond any reason. Even when I connected one of them via wire it's still terribly slow and even freezes from time to time. One of the PCs is XP the other runs 7 Ultimate. I already disabled that thing that checks for connection errors or something but still no joy. yaro yaro137 wrote: > It's really annoying that when you connect two computers to a WiFi > AP and try to copy files between them it takes ages to copy > a...

CRM 4 Advance Finds with Windows 7
I have for some time been using CRM4 with windows 7 (RC and RTM) and have found one problem. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and found a resolution yet. When in an advance find it will hang when selecting a pick list. For example. Open advanced find, Select Activities and use saved view [new] In the details select ActivityStatus as the Field, select equals and then click the three dots to chose the values. Select any values then click OK. At this point the page still says 'enter value' and alot of the page can not be clicked on. This will always happen on a new adv...

how to enter a bond in Money 2004?
Hello! I just purchases Money 2004 Premium and want to enter a bond that I bought a few years back. It has a set price I bought it at (eg. $1000), which matures 5 years later at $1200. It is a non-US bond. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks for helping the inexperienced! ...