Money 99 #11

A friend of mine has Money 99 on a Windows 98 machine at her church. She had
a machine with Windows 98 at home, but recently upgraded to Windows 2000.
Money 99 was installed and she is able to complete transactions with the
dates showing. When she exports a file to a floppy on the Windows 2000
machine and takes it to the Windows 98 machine at church to import, the
transaction dates do not show up. I realize that this is a function of Money
99. I told her to try a new floppy disk with a fresh export; also tried a
backup and restore. When I tried to open the file directly from the floppy,
there is no *.mny file. Where is the data file that was exported onto the
disk? I suggested uprgrading her version of Money, since support is no longer
available. Any suggestions? The church cannot afford to upgrade at this time.
0
jeanann (1)
10/18/2005 3:58:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

When your friend "exported" the file to a floppy, what did she actually do?
Export is not what she wants.  What she should do is simply make a copy of
the *.mny file from the Win2k machine and put it on the floppy.  Then stick
the floppy in the Win98 machine at the church and it should be read by Money
fine.  If you could not see a *.mny on the floppy she did something weird.
Maybe she had Money backup a copy onto the floppy - that produces a *.mbf
file.  If so, she would use Restore backup from the Win98 machine.  But it
is cleaner to use a copy of the *.mny file.

Regards,

Bill Wood
Fountain Hills, AZ

"Jean" <jeanann@aol.com> wrote in message
>A friend of mine has Money 99 on a Windows 98 machine at her church. She
>had
> a machine with Windows 98 at home, but recently upgraded to Windows 2000.
> Money 99 was installed and she is able to complete transactions with the
> dates showing. When she exports a file to a floppy on the Windows 2000
> machine and takes it to the Windows 98 machine at church to import, the
> transaction dates do not show up. I realize that this is a function of
> Money
> 99. I told her to try a new floppy disk with a fresh export; also tried a
> backup and restore. When I tried to open the file directly from the
> floppy,
> there is no *.mny file. Where is the data file that was exported onto the
> disk? I suggested uprgrading her version of Money, since support is no
> longer
> available. Any suggestions? The church cannot afford to upgrade at this
> time.

0
w.wood (230)

Upgrade Money Standard 2003 with Money Deluxe
I had a power surge. I put Money 2003 Standard back on new computer. I upgraded from Money Standard to Money Deluxe on my old computer with an activation number. How do I add this activation number to Money Standard 2003 to update to Money Deluxe 2003. I have the long activation standard copy on paper. Thanks, hmcdonald ...

Importing share prices and transactions into money
Is there a way of importing share or unit trust prices into Money? I would like to update the historical value of some investments which are not available online. My only alternative at this stage is to manually enter it for each investment. I was thinking if I can create a file with the month end dates and prices, and download it into money. Thanks, John Four strikes, you're out. No. "John D." <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CE5DBE3-8A7C-41CB-AFD6-A15F749571BF@microsoft.com... > Is there a way of importing share or unit trust prices i...

New Mail Notification #11
The only way I can receive new mail is to click on send/receive. How do I stop this? Lynne <Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The only way I can receive new mail is to click on send/receive. How > do I stop this? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305572/en-us -- Brian Tillman ...

Small Business Manager 07-11-03
Does Small Business Manager integrate with CRM at all? Ryan What do you mean by Integrate? If you want to know if you ca nrun CRM on a SBS network, then the answer is yes. Matt "Ryan Finnesey" <ryan.finnesey@dsgius.com> wrote in message news:eLZHOJ1RDHA.1920@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Does Small Business Manager integrate with CRM at all? Ryan Yes it does. Contact Erich at MAS for more info "Ryan Finnesey" <ryan.finnesey@dsgius.com> wrote in message news:eLZHOJ1RDHA.1920@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does Small Business Manager integrate with CRM...

Office upate (11.2.5) downloaded but is not installed
I have got Office2004 for Mac. I tried updating the software, but after downloading update 11.2.5 the update manager closes without installing. Checking for updates again results in finding the update I already downloaded without getting installed. Does anyone know how to get the update installed? M. What is your current version? I had some trouble like this yesterday, while I tried to install version 11.2.6. But there was a message to install version 11.2.5 before closing the update manager, because I came from 11.2.3. May something like this be your problem? Greez, Thomas -- Am 10.08....

Upgrading Money 2002 Standard to Money Plus Home and Business...
Are there any known issues upgrading from Money 2002 Standard, to Money Plus Home and Business that would prevent one from doing so? Will all accounts, and transactions, migrate successfully? thank you, Blaise... Blaise | 2009-04-28 | 4:04:05 PM wrote: >Are there any known issues upgrading from Money 2002 Standard, to >Money Plus Home and Business that would prevent one from doing so? > >Will all accounts, and transactions, migrate successfully? The Invoice Designer (ID) will quit working. ID hasn't worked properly since 2006, as I recall. When you click on an object t...

what money 2004 can do
Hello , I just bought Money 2004 Deluxe, and I was wondering what's the easiest way to find out all the different things it can do. Is it best to just click help and go through there, or is there a website with instructions detailing all the different things you can do with it. thanks ...

MS Passport and MS Money 2005
Whenever I use MS Money 2005, it is annoying that I always have to login to passport. Is there a way i can just login to ms money and be password protected and not go online. I download all my ms money files manually and then just use ms money 2005 to open it. And all my financial info is stored ther.e I don't want to have to worry that financial data is out on the net So why did you assign a Passport in the first place? <superprimenova@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1109030298.577401.172950@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Whenever I use MS Money 2005, it is annoying that I...

MS Money 2007 and Vista compatability
Hi there - I'm running Vista RC1 and am unable to launch MS Money 2007 Premium. When I click to launch it I get the startup sound and then, immediately after, I get a an error message with a request to open the error in Visual Studio. If I choose to run the link and/or actual msmny.exe file as administrator and/or in compatibility mode, it launches without a sound and immediately dies (with no error). I'm really hoping you might have some suggestions for me. Thanks in advance for your assistance, Brent This really isn't the place for support of beta releases, Brent --...

Employee schedule: I want it to calculate time entered such as 11.
I would like to enter the in and out times for each employee on my schedule spreadsheet in normal format (e.g. 11:00pm - 7:00am) and have it calculate how many hours the emploee worked. Everything works well until I have an employee who works the night shift. The subtraction of 11pm to 7am gives me a negative and incorrect anser. How can I achieve this and still use normal format times as above? Rudy If you put the date (time in) in column A for example, and the time in 9:00 PM in column B, then in Column C, you can input the forula =A1+B1 (formatted for date and time). Then do ...

Money 2007 with Bank of America Account
I'm using MS Money 2007 with the Bank of America (California) account and when I am setting up my account the error occured that "Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." How can I solve this problem? I am having the same issue with Bank of America (All Except CA, WA & ID) Banking. Could it be that BoA is not yet ready for M2007! "Frank" wrote: > I'm using MS Money 2007 with the Bank of America (California) account and > when I am setting up my account the error occured that "Account setup is > temporarily unavail...

Money 2004 and loan payments headache
Hi, I have money 2004 and with it I have a Student loan set up with recurring monthly payments. For wahtever reason Money does not calculate the amounts for principal and Interest anymore for the recurring payments. Let me explain, if I check in the reports gallery the loan amortization report, money does show the breakdown of the montlhy payments correctly. Example, 02/11/2004 payment number 48, payment amount 103.04 principal $76.47 interest $26.57 and the shows the balance. And this is fine. Now if I go into the personal chaequing account and select a new withdrawl for a new loan p...

Money 2007 Problem
I was recently having a problem with MS Money 2003 where it wouldn't open - it would either freeze up or give me a message about not being properly installed. I went ahead and upgraded to Money 2007 hoping that would fix the problem, but it didn't. I was, however, able to create a new user (an administrator account, like the one I typically use) and get it to work while logged in as that user. I restored the backup file, logged out, logged back in with my usual user account and tried to open it, but continued to get an error message saying that Money was not properly installed. I c...

Money #34
http://greenhorse.com/join_now.ghc?r=14714036 ...

outlook contacts #11
We recently installed new computers in our office that was preloaded with outlook 2000. I have a pab file saved on disk, and we inported it into contacts. The problem is that when I select new message, click on the "to" button it does show any names in the list. If I type in the name in the to box, it says name not found. If I click on the contacts folder all the contacts are there, and I've set it to show contacts as the first list to check. Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong? do you have the contacts folder set to "Show this folders as an email address ...

New Money Central Portfolio Tracker
When I try to open my portfolio I am forced to install the new toolbox, About halfway through IE crashes. Multiplw tries, multiple passports. When I try to synchronize from Money 2004, clicking setup. Prgress bar advances about 60% of the way and then just hangs. Only way out is to terminate Money through task manager. ...

Entering bills Money 2004 Glitch
I've been using Money for years and came across my first problem. I'm currently using Money 2004 Deluxe. In the "Manage scheduled bills and deposits" screen I click on the bill or deposit to enter it into my checking account register. When I click on my weekly deposit Money enters it fine. When I click on the next bill to enter it says "Record this deposit into your account register" and shows the amount as a credit and in the lower right hand corner it says deposit. But this is a payment! The only way I can currently fix this is I have to exit completly out ...

Money 2007 check images?
Does anyone know if Money 2007 will have the capability to store check images? Someone knows. They aren't likely to be able to say. Given the problems Money has with performance, file size, and basic functionality, I, maybe for only one, certainly hope not. "cowgirl944" <cowgirl944@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9088BDC5-5561-42B6-A63C-B27FEFBDBAC7@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if Money 2007 will have the capability to store check > images? Would it be cool just be able to link transactions to external files. Email reciepts, scanne...

Money creating duplicate Credit Card account
Everytime I perform an on-line update to my accounts, Money creates an additional copy of one of my CC accounts. This particular account does not appear to be and is not supposed to be one of those that updates. I am not able to merge the two accounts. When I try to do so, the choice of that account is not available. I found an online solution, which was essentially to merge the two, but that does not work. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try? Probably more information is needed to answere the question, such as how the accounts are being named, etc. Check the account settings...

Money 2005 No Longer Communcates with Bank or MSN
I setup Money 2005 a few weeks ago and everything worked as it should until last Saturday. Now, when I clicked on the little update button, it does its thing and then gives errors that it couldn't communicate with the bank and couldn't sync with MSN Money. These both worked flawlessly all along until now. I haven't changed anything and I bank with Bank of America - Formerly Fleet. Anyone know what gives? In microsoft.public.money, "Pat Seguin" <Pat Seguin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I setup Money 2005 a few weeks ago and everything worked as it shou...

Money 2005
In my Amex Investment account I have two separate positions for the same stock (each bought at a diffrent time and price) when Money downloads the account activity from online update it only sees one position (100 shares) and it prompts me delete the 300 other shares that represent the other position. How do I make Money understand that there are two different positions for this stock in the same investment account ? Thanks, in advance. Matt ...

Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close
I just installed MS Money 2004 on both of my two PC (one XP and one 2K). However, everytime I try to open Microsoft Money, I get the pop that says "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close, ...". The error has something to do with ModName:ofdutil.dll rather than ModName: mnyob99.dll metioned in your support page (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836197). s it possible casued by Mcafee? Should I uninstall Mcafee before I install money? The version is 2004 Money Deluxe >-----Original Message----- >I just installed MS Money 2004 on bot...

Quicken home inventory conversion for Money 2004?
I converted my QIF data but how do I get Money to absorb my extensive home inventory data (the qhi files)? I pretty substantial amount. MP Hi MP I might be wrong, but I do not believe it will transfer. It will have to be entered manually. Bob "MP" <leishirsute@allmail.net> wrote in message news:1bec01c3bc67$f6394e70$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I converted my QIF data but how do I get Money to absorb > my extensive home inventory data (the qhi files)? > > I pretty substantial amount. > > MP Wow,I was hoping Microsoft did a full import of the Quicken data. ...

Applying downloaded deposits against invoices in Money 2006 Small
I would like to know if anyone knows the most effective way to apply downloaded deposits (check from customers) against outstanding invoices? In a previous version onf MS Money (2004 maybe), when a deposit was downloaded from your bank, all you had to do was Edit it and select an Option in the Edit window to apply the deposit against an outstanding invoice. This feature was lost in the 2005 version or somewhere along the way. Now it seems, the only way to apply a deposit is to go to the Invoice screen, apply a payment against the invoice, go to the register for that acccount, and del...

question 09-11-03
what are the descriptions for operating management (generally)? what are the descriptions for system management(generally)? about terminal server? ...