Money 95 to Money 2004

I have Money 95 on my old computer.  I have finally
updated to a new computer and purchased Money 2004
Premium.  How do I or can I transfer my Money 95 data
into Money 2004?  I tried saving the database to a disc
and then importing, but I still do not have access to my
account information.
any suggestion will be appreciated

Deborah
0
mcguire2 (1)
9/7/2003 6:55:22 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Save the .MNY data file from the old machine to a CD or similar; copy from
the CD to disk in the new machine, verify that the new copy is not set to
Read-Only, then double click on it. Money should take matters from here and
upgrade your data file.

If following that process doesn't work, please provide more details and we
will try to help.

See also http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q68.

In microsoft.public.money, Deborah wrote:

>I have Money 95 on my old computer.  I have finally
>updated to a new computer and purchased Money 2004
>Premium.  How do I or can I transfer my Money 95 data
>into Money 2004?  I tried saving the database to a disc
>and then importing, but I still do not have access to my
>account information.

Instead of File->Import, use File->Open.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Money 2002 #19
All of a sudden the downloads from my bank show up as statements to read but when I open the account it doesn't show any new activity. I have tried manually downloading the account updates but that doesn't work either. The list of accounts continues to show statements to read. I have tried using the recovery tools but that didn't fix the problem. Any ideas Help In microsoft.public.money, Jerry L wrote: >All of a sudden the downloads from my bank show up as >statements to read but when I open the account it doesn't >show any new activity. I have tried manually...

Reverying back to Office 2004 from Office 2008
I need to revert back to Office 2004 because Office 2008 Student Edition won't access my Exchange Server. How would I go about this while keeping my identitry? From the last several posts in this thread, under "how to go back" http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage/browse_thread/thread/64543d7f938c0c09/5b9cd43909f48421#5b9cd43909f48421 2 options: 1) use Entourage 2008 to export an archive of your identity. Entourage 2004 should be able to open that archive. (File Export and File Import) 2) Your Office 2004 identity should still be in username...

Ultrasoft MoneyLink for Money 2004?
Do you know if Ultrasoft MoneyLink will be updated to work with Money 2004? If so, any word on when that might be available? Thanks... --Tad I expect to see a version for 2004 -- and think it will come out shortly after the official Money 2004 release. -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "Tad Price" <tadprice@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:003b01c34fb1$6781c770$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Do you know if Ultrasoft MoneyLink will be updated to > work with Money 2004? If so, any word on...

Transfers between accounts in Money 2002.
I need to transfer money from an investment account to a checking account. When I try to initiate the transfer, the drop down list to the "to" account includes only all the other investment accounts. No cash accounts are listed. Similarly, when trying to transfer money from a cash account to an investment account the drop down "to" list is all the cash and checking accounts with no investment accounts listed. Am I trying to do something that is not possible in Money? John134 You can transfer investments between investment accounts. You can transfer cash between ...

Money 2006
Can the copy of Money 2006 be used in the UK or does it default to US dates and $'s? All versions of Money are heavily regionalised so the US version refers to things like 401K, and in the trivial area spells cheque the wrong way. All the Banks listed will be US ones and you won't be able to add UK ones. Also your existing file cannot be directly read by the US version. The date format is actually taken from Control Panel but that would be the least of your worries! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...

Money v14 problems
Hi, I have been using Money v14 for a while and had lots of data and backup regulary. Today I had to delete my profile on my PC and recreated and then logged in to Money and noticed that my current account shows 0 balance. How do i recover my account and my data back? I have tried the restore from backups without luck. Please help as i have a lot of information on it. Raman In microsoft.public.money, Raman wrote: > >I have been using Money v14 for a while and had lots of data and backup >regulary. Today I had to delete my profile on my PC and recreated and then >logged in...

Using Office 2004 and Office 2008 on the Same Computer
Hello all, Is it possible to install say Word 2004 and Excel 2004 and Entourage 2008 and Powerpoint 2008 on the same computer? Alternatively, can I buy a Apple Script recorder so that I can easily create Apple Macros? Then I wouldn't care if I had Word and Excel 2004... Regards to all! JP On 4/30/08 10:57 AM, in article 3f85aac8-1b31-44b6-9fd9-9f383cae765d@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "jpensuisse@gmail.com" <jpensuisse@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, > > Is it possible to install say Word 2004 and Excel 2004 and Entourage > 2008 and Powerpoint 2008 on th...

My password don't work on my MS Money 2004 Business edition
Hi everyone, I am panicing.My Microsoft Money Small Business Edition password is not working. Somehow my password changed. All my business data and personal financial data is on there and i don't know what to do. About two days my password does not work. I did not change anything. I wanted to print an invoice and it wouldn't allow me to. It would not allow me to go further without a password. Is there a solution to this problem or I am just doomed. Please do a search... if you did a very little superficial search, you will notice MANY people having the same problem. >-----Or...

2008 upgrade didn't remove 2004
The Office 2008 upgrade seemed to install fine (OS X 10.4.11) but it didn't offer to remove my previous Office 2004 installation, which is still there. Should I just delete 2004 from Applications? Delete 2008 and start over? Thank you, Charles In article <NoSpam-FCD6DE.10104517012008@sfo.news.speakeasy.net>, Charles <NoSpam@NoSpam.tld> wrote: > The Office 2008 upgrade seemed to install fine (OS X 10.4.11) but it > didn't offer to remove my previous Office 2004 installation, which is > still there. > > Should I just delete 2004 from Applications? ...

Pocket Money 2005 Is Available Now
For those of you who have been asking about the latest version of Pocket Money, the 2005 version is available for download now at: http://www.microsoft.com/money/addons.mspx It is fully compatable with Microsoft Money 2005 Standard, Deluxe, Premium, and Small Business Edition. Thanks, Ken Mattson MVP This is what I got when I went to the site this afternoon. Has it been recalled already? Microsoft Money for Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs is coming soon! Pierre Aterianus "Ken Mattson" <kmattson@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:dttld.41461$QJ3.2947@newssvr21....

Converting to Money 2004 from Quicken2002
I am trying to decide whether to stick with Quicken or move to Money. TaxCut and MS are offering a good rebate but I cannot convert my data with the trial edition of Money. It provides the very useful message,"Your Quicken file could not be converted." I sometimes wonder if they pay people to think these up. Checking this group suggests that this is not an isolated incident. If I cannot convert, I cannot switch. There is too much to enter. Is there a log file somewhere that might tell me more? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Otis Bricker wrote: >I am trying to decide whe...

EULA Error in Money 2003
EULA Error This application cannot display the End User License Agreement. This agreement must be displayed and accepted prior to running this application for the first time. Please reinstall the application you are trying to run. I tried the following EULAFIX.EXE http://download.microsoft.com/download/money2000bs/Update/1.0/WIN98/EN-US/Eulafix.exe from the knowedge base article 259521 found here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259291&Product=mny I am installing Money 2003 on a Win98 o/s and have antivirus disabled during the install. Any help would be apprec...

How to open Word and Excel files in Office 2004?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3188235263_964481 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi, Even though I have Office 2004(O4) installed, when I click on the individual files, they still open up in Office for OSX (OX). How do I get them to open up in O4 instead of OX?? I�d hate to delete OX and not have access to any of my Office files. Thanks. Frank --B_3188235263_964481 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1&qu...

Money #10
Is there a tutorial in the form of a cd or book available that will give me step by step instructions on how to use my Money software which is already installed on my computer? I am trying to keep ongoing totals by month of expenses and income for a small business. In microsoft.public.money, Peggy Lynch wrote: >Is there a tutorial in the form of a cd or book available >that will give me step by step instructions on how to use >my Money software which is already installed on my >computer? > >I am trying to keep ongoing totals by month of expenses >and income ...

Can't sign into Money 2004
I tried to use Money 2004 installed on my HP laptop, and it asks for a passowrd. My .netpassport does not work. I called HP and they said uninstall and reinstall, but it didn't work. I have no choices except to enter password; the only selection is File - new, restore, backup, close. I tried to uninstall and install Money 2005 trial version -same problem. What can I do? -- Diane In microsoft.public.money, Diane wrote: >I tried to use Money 2004 installed on my HP laptop, and it asks for a >passowrd. My .netpassport does not work. Did you successfully use Money 2004 on...

Sounds, PPT 2004 11.3.5 ICONs show during slide show
I need help with sounds and not being able to hide the SOUND ICON from showing during the presentation. I have a large presentation and about 20 slides have sounds (bird songs, music clips) to go with the photos. I have used the same presentation and the sounds worked flawlessly many times over the last few years. I now have a problem. Unlike before, the sounds do NOT play for several of the slides, (except as explained below) On those slides for which I have wave files indicated by the icon that looks like a speaker (with a blue circle in the middle) the sounds work fine. I hide the icon by p...

Virtual accounts in Money 2004. Good idea or not? Opinions?
I am a firm believer in the general financial lessons taught by Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. One of his techniques is the envelope system. You have different envelopes setup for rent or mortgage, groceries, clothing, electricity, etc; whatever you have on your normal monthly budget. Each paycheck you insert into each envelope however much you need to have enough to cover that bill at the end of the month or whenever the bill is due. This works great if you work with only cash but I usually don't cash my paychecks nor do I want to start keeping a bunch of cash lyi...

Money 2007 Update Utility Not Working
Everytime I start Money 2007 I have a pop up window asking me to update Money and press OK. Which I do, and it closes Money and downloads the update. It then asks if it's ready to install, and that crashes. Then it says 'Microsoft Money Update Utility has caused an error and needs to be restarted.' or whatever that message is. That happens everytime I start Money, and I'd like to update it, because that notification is real annoying. What is wrong ? Is there a way to manually update Money 2007 ? Thanks Uninstall the IE 7 beta and do the update. The crash will stop. ...

Money 2003 statement download problems
I used Money 2003 with no issues for over a year. It's always been cranky, but now it is no longer automatically downloading bank statements. The information for the accounts is correct and it can connect me to the web pages just fine. IN some cases, Money also does not show new information when I download the ActiveStatement Money file manually from a bank webpage. Also, every time I do manage to download a file, Money crashes when opening it and needs to be restarted. Ideas or suggestions? I swear if I have to buy a new version, it won't be a MS product. Maybe the onl...

keeping two computers updated with one money file
I use a desktop at home and a laptop when I am on the road. What I would like to do is be able to keep my money file syncronized between my two computers. Money offers nothing that will help with this. There is no good way to do this short of something like WinXP Synchronization Manager. I can't say as I've tried it or read here of someone who has. Is that an answer to the question you never asked? "JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95B9AF2E-EBD5-4D09-826A-1430BF6C035E@microsoft.com... >I use a desktop at home and a laptop when I am on ...

Money 2006 & Turbo Tax
Is money 2006 integrated with TurboTax and if so how seamless is the integration? To get the money data into turbotax do you have export then import or will turbotax attach directly to the money database? I am ready to upgrade to either the latest version of money or quicken and turbotax integration is one of the criteria that is important to me. Thanks, Sam Sam wrote: > Is money 2006 integrated with TurboTax and if so how seamless is the > integration? To get the money data into turbotax do you have export > then import or will turbotax attach directly to the money database? I ...

Money 2005
In Money 2004 there was a lot of flexability in the information displayed for individual stocks in a portfolio. I have been unable to find much flexability in the display of stock info in Money 2005. For example in Money 2004 I had the number of shares of a particular stock multiplied by the change in the stocks value for that day to arrive at the dollar amount of change in a particular stock. I can't seem to find this ability in Money 2005. Can you help? In microsoft.public.money, jwd wrote: >In Money 2004 there was a lot of flexability in the information displayed for >i...

ms office 2004 power point
Does anyone else having trouble sending power point presentations in an attachment to a pc? delwald <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone else having trouble sending power point presentations in an > attachment to a pc? Nope. Any specific problem you'd be experiencing ?? Make sure you don;t includ Mac specific media in the presentations though (eg PICT or .mov). Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP...

Converting Money 2006 Business to Money Plus Premium
Last year I installed the Home & Business version of Money, but have found I do not really use the business features. I may begin to use the Accounting software. Will my present money file convert ok if I go back to using the Premium version for my personal finances? Thank you in advance. In microsoft.public.money, NaStein wrote: >Last year I installed the Home & Business version of Money, but have found I >do not really use the business features. I may begin to use the Accounting >software. Will my present money file convert ok if I go back to using the >Prem...

MS Money
I thought I had read and saved all the pertinent info on the discontinuance of MSMoney, but after re-reading what I had saved, I am still not sure that if you don't have Money Plus, there is a "Sunset" download for me. Is that right? Do only the [2] Plus version owners have the option of downloading a "Sunset" version? I have a 2006 regular or standard MSMoney version, which I never used for online activities, but would still like to use for record keeping. Will it no longer work for me locally on my pc after year's end? bj In microsoft.public.money, ch...