Money 4.0 file transfer to Money Essentials

I am getting an error message when I try to import my Money 4.0 backup file
to Money Essentials program on my new PC.  Are the 2 version incompatible?
0
cmg_fusa (1)
5/10/2008 9:26:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

=?Utf-8?B?Y21nZnVzYQ==?= <cmg_fusa@yahoo.com> wrote in

> I am getting an error message when I try to import my Money 4.0
> backup file to Money Essentials program on my new PC.  Are the 2
> version incompatible?

Yes.

Money Essentials is incompatible with everything. Take it back and get
Money Plus.
--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement
In microsoft.public.money, cmgfusa wrote:

>I am getting an error message when I try to import my Money 4.0 backup file
>to Money Essentials program on my new PC.  Are the 2 version incompatible?

As Steve said, Essentials will not restore from any other version.
Don't go buy Plus just yet tho. There is a free trial, and if you
cannot get converted to that trial, the purchased version is not
going to help get converted.

I don't know what will restore a Money 4.0 backup file.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108 describes how to convert a
Money 98 file (which would be version 6).  You could try it with the
Money 2004 trial linked to in the KB article, but you might need
something older as an intermediate step.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Outlook receiving zip files

product key #4
I have a product key for microsoft office which I purchased for my pc several months back. I am now trying to use that same product key to register office on my mac (office was pre-installed). Where do I enter in this product key in the mac office trial software in order for me to get full access? In article <1190872643.026720.79220@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, jaime825@gmail.com wrote: > I have a product key for microsoft office which I purchased for my pc > several months back. I am now trying to use that same product key to > register office on my mac (office was pre...

unable to read file #7

Congratulations! This has been a MEB-free newsgroup for 4 weeks.
We all deserve a pat on the back. This has been a MEB-free workplace for over 4 weeks - practically the entire month of June. As Microsoft turns off it's usenet server and removes this newsgroup from it's server, we have seen the last of Maurice Edward Brahier and as this group continues to exist outside of Microsoft we will never again see him post to this group. The fact that he has been a fraud and not a real user of Windows 98 for many months if not years probably has something to do with that. His incoherent and rambling posts, written in a particularly obtuse form ...

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Money-style software??
Hi all, Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark the site and forgot the address :( Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? Ivan Ivan Debono wrote: | Hi all, | | Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product | that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark | the site and forgot the address :( | | Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? | | Ivan Maybe it was Fitday: www.fitday.com -- Peter Thank you!!! That ...

Upgrading from Money 99 to 2004
Is it worth upgrading from Money 99 to Money 2004. I have several years of complete financial data in my Money 99 program. Just wondering if it is worth the cost and hassel to upgrade. Is the upgrade path (conversion) from Money 99 to Money 2004 pretty easy. Thanks in advance for any replys and help. Regards, Richard Well, your mileage may vary on it. Some people like 2004, others don't. I'd always recommend the trial before you buy though. You can get an idea of what's in the latest version, whether it's suitable for you etc. 2004 should just convert a 99 file, assu...

Money 04 runs very slow
file size is 17,480 kb, about 5 years data. Machine is a P4 2.2 GHz, 512 mb ram. Money runs very slow, processing downloaded statements, switching screens, etc. I switched from Quicken about a year ago. That didn't run nearly this slow. Any ideas? Will trimming the file size help at all or much? Thanks Ideas? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. Trimming? Most people haven't had great luck trying this through means like File|Archive--which, by the way, I'd discourage for any number of reasons. "Tom Orlando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Removing spaces from text #4
I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any easy way to remove this space? Use the TRIM() function. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1144876429.220961.309040@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at > the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any > easy way to remove this space? > I tried using that function but the results st...