Money #28

I have loaded money 2004 on my computer and I am trying to
down load my bank statement. I keep getting an error
message C:\window\tempoary Internet file\content.IE5
\4B7FYG9T\history(1).QFX is corrupt or is not a MNY.
extension. How can I fix this?
0
anonymous (74722)
7/9/2004 2:29:40 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Money does not import the QFX file format.  Does your bank offer OFX or QIF?
Try one of those.

"Howard Benson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have loaded money 2004 on my computer and I am trying to
> down load my bank statement. I keep getting an error
> message C:\window\tempoary Internet file\content.IE5
> \4B7FYG9T\history(1).QFX is corrupt or is not a MNY.
> extension. How can I fix this?

0
bjclarinet (489)
7/9/2004 2:43:50 AM

0
hben326 (1)
7/10/2004 2:53:11 AM
I can not speak for Howard, but in my case TIAA-CREF only has QFX file
format for their 403B accounts. I have looked at the file and it
actually has a header and then an OFX file with the data. I have
actually downloaded and read the file into Money 2004 delux. But it is a
brokerage file and I had the impression that Howard has a bank checking
account. Money 2004 does skip the quarterly interest statements, but it
gets all of the buy transactions.

Art (address is not valid)

Bonnie Synhorst -- MVP wrote:
> Money does not import the QFX file format.  Does your bank offer OFX or QIF?
> Try one of those.
>
> "Howard Benson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>I have loaded money 2004 on my computer and I am trying to
>>down load my bank statement. I keep getting an error
>>message C:\window\tempoary Internet file\content.IE5
>>\4B7FYG9T\history(1).QFX is corrupt or is not a MNY.
>>extension. How can I fix this?

0
art4580 (318)

Where is the loan comparison tool in Money 2006
In my previous versions of money (2004 for sure, i thought 2005 as well), there was a nice tool that would allow me to compare 2 loans in order to determine the best option. I can't find that tool in 2006. Has it been removed? If not, can someone help me find it? Thanks Troy You know, darned if I can find it. There are lots of these tools in the internet, though -- do you need a referral? -- "Troy Ankersen" <tankers@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OIvArBKiFHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > In my previous versions of money (2004 for sure, i thought 200...

BoA Money Transfers
I have made 2 money transfers from my business account to my personal account with MS Money 2007 that have not been recorded at Bank of America, even when MS Money shows that the transfers were successful. This feature as worked fine for years. Has anyone else seen this problem? MikeMc SMC wrote: > I have made 2 money transfers from my business account to my personal > account with MS Money 2007 that have not been recorded at Bank of America, > even when MS Money shows that the transfers were successful. This feature as > worked fine for years. > > Has anyone else s...

How do I change my address in MS money
I can not find any help in the program to edit my personal address change. Can someone help? Are we talking Passport-associated email address here? Remove the Passport from the Money file (File|Password Manager or File|Login Lockbox), go to http://www.passport.net, login and change the settings on your Passport, go back to Money and re-associate the file with the new Passport address. "labeam" <labeam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1593DA84-15BC-4399-8322-544E053B2B69@microsoft.com... >I can not find any help in the program to edit my personal addr...

Format a Date Text Box As 2010-02-28
I am coming back to Access after a couple of years off, and have forgotten more than I knew. At any rate, I have an app being used in US, Japan, and UK from a Citrix server in USA. I would like to use a date type field in the database table, but format the text box displaying the date as yyyy-mm-dd. I've found that everybody gets it, and in any case they are not typing dates, just reading them. Is there a way to format a texbox to show the date as yyyy-mm-dd. I've thought about just using a text field in the database, then just formatting the contents as above an...

Money 2004 Re-Install
Hey all, I bought the Money 2004 Deluxe download edition (where they just send you the registration code) and I'm trying to reinstall after a disk failure. I reinstalled the trial edition as I'd originally done (which required setting back my PC clock to 2004 *shrugs*) but the tools > registration option is diabled, and the 'Upgrade' option takes me to a useless micorosft.com webpage stating the product is no longer for sale (duh heh). Reading through the thread it sounds like I'm not the first to have this problem and it seems some say it's futile (or just by a d...

MONEY 2007
This is sorta an alert to those newbees and others who have been reading the threads about Microsoft Money 2007. If the reviews remain positive I'm sure many here will be buying Money 2007. I would STRONGLY suggest you wait a few days and buy the product at your local store. The reason for this is if you have a "hard" copy of the program you can easy reinstall it later if you have problems. If you download directly to your computer after paying, you will have no "hard" copy of the program. Last year, many people came here after the fact saying the program didn't wor...

israel support in money 2006
hello, does the money 2006 support israel? if i want to have online services of israel banks and credit card accounts? if not, is there a custom way to "tell" money to go to other website for information? please advise, In microsoft.public.money, ????? ???? <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >does the money 2006 support israel? >if i want to have online services of israel banks and credit card accounts? >if not, is there a custom way to "tell" money to go to other website for >information? No direct support. You can specify a web site by goi...

Account Amounts don't show in Pocket Money
When I synchronize Microsoft Money for Pocket PC 2002 onto my Dell AXIM, all the accounts are listed, but for some reason three of the accounts (All mutual funds) appear in account manager but without any amounts. The correct amounts appear in the program itself in investments but not in the account manager screen or are added to the balances. I have tried syncing with the boxes checked, unchecked etc. Does anyone know what is wrong? TIA. Do you see any other investment accounts in account manager? -- Michael Gordon - MVP "puffnutt" <puffnutt@hotmail.com> wrote i...

Pocket Money #2
I have been using Pocket Money since Money 2003 and all three versions seem to have the same issue. I've gone through three different PPC in this time frame, and have re-installed my PC many times. though I've upgraded the MNY file for each version. When I install pocket money by default it only syncs the last 4 weeks of data, it appears that it doesn't sync correctly or something in the way it syncs doesn't allow the balance on my PPC to be correct. The latest case was on the PC I had a balance of around 2k, but the PPC said I had a negative 1800 balance. Once I changed activ...

microsoft money password
Have lost my password to money and can't remember it. Is there any way to find it again? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, thedad wrote: >Have lost my password to money and can't remember it. Is >there any way to find it again? Using Passport? There is a mechanism. Not using passport? I suggest you go to http://google.com Enter these words (WITH the period as shown) into the box: password.recovery money ...

Web based money?
If I purchase MS Money 6, is there a web based version so I can enter data from any web enabled computer? Can it then download the data back to a non-connected computer? A1) Yes. Sort-of. There are probably some limits to what the MSNMoney site can deal with compared to what the desktop version can deal with. A2) What would it mean to "download" something to a computer that isn't connected, somehow, sometime, to the net? "Tim G." <tim@tpg1.com> wrote in message news:1125754053.556332.141160@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > If I purchase MS Money 6, is ...

Message from Discover Card about Money 08
08/13/2007 Thank you for your recent e-mail. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us with your question. Thank you for forwarding this information, MS Money Plus has only been out for a few days and we were not aware of the problem since older versions still work. We are speaking with Microsoft to try to find where the problem is, we hope the problem will be fixed soon. Thank you for using Discover Card. Terry Web Support Compliments to you for sending this in to DC and bringing it to their attention, (as opposed to just ranting about it on here saying hey mr. microsoft ...

Money Essentials to Money Plus Deluxe
I live in Canada, and recently bought and downloaded Money Essentials, and used it for a month, but realized that it isn't the right program for me. I then uninstalled it and got the trial for Money Plus Deluxe, which has more of the things I need. The problem is, whenever I try to activate it by buying the program, it seems that if I try it through the US Money website, it won't work. (Only for US and Puerto Rico orders) When I go to the canadian microsoft website, I can only see Essentials there, and not Plus Deluxe, so I can't seem to do it there. How can I get the tria...

Change Acct Name in Money 2004
I've change the name of an investment account in Money 2004 using change account details, but when I try to transfer funds between accounts, it still shows the old account name, not the new one. Is there a different way to maintain the account name the works? Did you change both the investment account name and its associated cash account name? "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87bf01c3e92e$62890460$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've change the name of an investment account in Money > 2004 using change account details, but when I tr...

LEnd money to the friends
I have had some transactions I don't knoe how to manage in Money 06. I have usually lend some bucks to the friends for short teerm and obviously without any interest. I'd like to register these in Money 06. How to do? I have created a formula but I'm not sure about it. Is the following: 1 - create a checking account normal; 2 - create a bank account for such loan; 3 - transfer money from checking to loan account when I lend to; 4 - but when he pays me in cash and I don't deposit it in the bank. 5 - my question is ... how to finalize such debit with my friend? Thanks for fe...

Quickbooks to Money 2004 Business
I would like to stop using quickbooks 2003 and start using money small business 2004 - is that possible? and what would be the easiest way to convert QB to Money thanks Jonathan In microsoft.public.money, Jonathan wrote: >I would like to stop using quickbooks 2003 and start >using money small business 2004 - is that possible? and >what would be the easiest way to convert QB to Money A really neat way to find prior postings in this group is to use the Google Usenet Groups archive. http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search enter words that you think would be in relevant p...

How does money get its data?
I bank with Navy Federal Credit Union and I am *trying* to adapt to MS Money plus (demo right now) from scattered use of Quicken. I'd like to learn how money gets my bank information so I can make an educated call/complaint to the credit unions technical group about the data I am getting. I am currently testing two mny files, one automated and one manual. Today with NFCU, when I do their recommended manual method by signing on to the website, selecting a date period then importing a QIF file, all the transactions show up as "POS Debit Visa - Acct#last4" and no other in...

Money is already running
After I use Microsoft Money 2006 and close it, the next time I try to open the program I get an alert box stating that "money is already running" the only thing I have been able to do is go to task manager and close the msmoney.exe and then reopen the program. Is there a place to correct this abnormality? Thanks TR This normally happens if you try and open Money v quickly after closing it and/or there is a background on-line transaction that hasn't completed. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default....

Money 2005 #49
I have a problem whereby if my computer is attached to my network (and as such the internet) and I launch Money, it loads and then freezes. If I have it disconnected it runs fine. Any Ideas, I think it's something to do with the Internet updates.\ Altonius PS - I am running the Australian edition. sorry, i should clarify, when I launch Mondey it loads to the home screen, and then freezes msmoney.exe, if i check task manager it is at 100% of one of my CPU's. If I click on any link i can generally get into it, it's normally only after approx 15-20 seconds that it freezes. ...

Problem Downloading Money Plus Deluxe
Hi All, Just got a new dell computer, transferred all data from my old computer and then tried to buy and download Money Plus Deluxe. It took about 35 minutes to download, then the download screen went away when it was finished but the program did not start. I downloaded again, but still nothing. I tried downloading several more times and did not even get it to download and then it said I reached my maximum download limit. I have done searches all over my computer for money, money plus and money plus deluxe and can not find the file anywhere. It should be in the temporary internet ...

MS Money 2004
I have two computers in my home, if I buy 2004 will I be able to install and run from both machines? Per the EULA only if one is a desktop and the other is a notebook and they aren't for simultaneous use. This is not programmatically enforced. Do NOT try to simultaneously, even via sneak circuits like MoneyExpress and MoneySide, access the same data file from two machines over a network. Bad things will result. "Keith" <keithq@argontech.net> wrote in message news:047f01c37af7$79b4d1f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have two computers in my home, if I buy 2004 will I be > ...

Money 2004 #18
I downloaded a Quicken file into Money and all the accounts show on the conversin sumary. However, in the Account List, the Checking account is missing altogether! All the other accounts show up, except the checking account! How can I add that account to the list and, thereby, access it? ...

Landlord and Money
Hi All: I use money 04 basic. Are there any addins or ways to use this as a personal money managing account and help with an apartment I rent in my home? I guess I just need things like rental receipts and some misc forms. Thanks, Ed There are no add-ins to money, but there are ways to use Money to accomplish what you need in terms of income/expense tracking. Look into the use of classifications. Browse Google groups for this newsgroup name and that term to get some initial ideas, then post requests for clarification. Include details when you do. Money will not produce any custom f...

Interest Charges showing as spent money in budget
When I reconcile my credit card account, I add the monthly interest as Interest charge: (Category) Bank Charges, which was the default category when I started. Anyway, the credit card interest shows up in my budget as if I actually spent the money to pay the interest. I have a running balance on my credit card and would just like to have the interest recorded on my credit card activity and not as if I paid money. Note: My credit card is listed in Scheduled Bills and also the Debt Reduction Planner. Any help is appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Violet wrote: >When I...

Money Key Wizard doesn't appear to work
I'm still locked out of my file. When I 'run' the Money Key Wizard, the browser switches straight to a screen which says my file is not affected without appearing to have done anything at all. Has anyone experienced this and found a solution? You need to send an email as per Russ Paul-Jones post. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedb...