Money 2008 User Manual

MS has an online Microsoft Money Plus User Guide at
http://www.microsoft.com/money/support/manual/MoneyPlus/3sku_toc_p001.htm

Unfortunately, this brings up an online document that does not provide a
means of doing a search. I wanted to search the document for preferred
payees but could not find a way to do it.

Does a pdf version of the manual exists somewhere?

If not, does an index of the document exist (it does have a TOC on the
first page)?

I have used Help out of Money, but was hoping for more information from the
User Guide.

Thanks,

Mike
0
me4608 (40)
9/7/2007 2:47:38 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

in short the Online user guise was not designed to search for keywords and
there is no PDF version of the document available, however the request has
been made for quite some time.  The help menu within the software was
improved quite substantially since the release of Money 2007.  I suggest
referring to the help menu or directly searching through the knowledge base
via
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&spid=870&query=Payee&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&res=20&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&ast=8&ast=9&mode=a&adv=1

Hope this helps.

Rick H.

"MikeV06" wrote:

> MS has an online Microsoft Money Plus User Guide at
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/support/manual/MoneyPlus/3sku_toc_p001.htm
>
> Unfortunately, this brings up an online document that does not provide a
> means of doing a search. I wanted to search the document for preferred
> payees but could not find a way to do it.
>
> Does a pdf version of the manual exists somewhere?
>
> If not, does an index of the document exist (it does have a TOC on the
> first page)?
>
> I have used Help out of Money, but was hoping for more information from the
> User Guide.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

0
RickH (15)
9/8/2007 10:04:00 PM
On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 15:04:00 -0700, Rick H. wrote:

> in short the Online user guise was not designed to search for keywords and
> there is no PDF version of the document available, however the request has
> been made for quite some time.  The help menu within the software was
> improved quite substantially since the release of Money 2007.  I suggest
> referring to the help menu or directly searching through the knowledge base
> via
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&spid=870&query=Payee&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&res=20&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&ast=8&ast=9&mode=a&adv=1
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Rick H.

I had done both before requesting help here. I do appreciate the
suggestion. Me thinks the developers might need to attend a couple of human
interface and cognitive style classes. I find M8 much less friendly and
efficient than my old M4.

Oh well, ...

Mike
0
me4608 (40)
9/9/2007 2:16:56 AM
Due to a major change in the GUI starting with Money 2005 it basically comes
down to customers simply getting used to change.  It's almost like comparing
previous versions of Office to Office 2007, basically it's just a bunch of
eye candy with the same sort of options however they are all placed in a
different location so end users will need to learn where they are in order to
get the hang of it better.  The end result is practice makes perfect
situation or at least manageable.  To be quite honest many changes have been
made to Money Plus since Money 2004.  Implementaion of 3rd party account
aggregation, OFX based Billpay service (brought back) better budgeting,
updates to portfolio management, and advanced file repair processes just to
name a few.  So change is in fact a better thing in most cases.

Just my 2 cents worth... lol

Take care,

Rick H.

"MikeV06" wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 15:04:00 -0700, Rick H. wrote:
>
> > in short the Online user guise was not designed to search for keywords and
> > there is no PDF version of the document available, however the request has
> > been made for quite some time.  The help menu within the software was
> > improved quite substantially since the release of Money 2007.  I suggest
> > referring to the help menu or directly searching through the knowledge base
> > via
> > http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&spid=870&query=Payee&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&res=20&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&ast=8&ast=9&mode=a&adv=1
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Rick H.
>
> I had done both before requesting help here. I do appreciate the
> suggestion. Me thinks the developers might need to attend a couple of human
> interface and cognitive style classes. I find M8 much less friendly and
> efficient than my old M4.
>
> Oh well, ...
>
> Mike

0
RickH (15)

money 2006 problems importing from bank
whenever I import information from my bank uccu, it says that the import is complete and that I have one statement to read with 150 transactions to review, but when it opens to the account register, none of the new transactions show up. It shows the correct amount and date from my bank in the left hand corner, and it says that I still have 150 transactions to review. I have tried changing the online settings, emptying the temporary internet files, repairing the money file, and setting the account register to show all transactions, but so far nothing has worked. I have been able to i...

Make Distribution Lists available to cerain users/groups
Hi, Is there a way to make Exchange 2000 DLs viewable on the GAL to certain groups only. I know you can limit who can send messages to a DL, but I would like to make it only viewable on the GAL to certain users and not the general population. Thanks Hey Mark, You can hide any DL. The only draw back is that it is hidden to all but the Managed Owner. To hide a DL go to the Management Console\Distribution Groups and right click. Left click on Properties and go to the Exchange advance tab. there you will see the option to hide this group. I don't believe members can see it but they ce...

How to delete user mailbox
Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for the life of me remember the interface for 5.5 and how to do that. Can someone give me the step by step to delete a mailbox cleanly? Thx select the mailbox in the Exchange Admin program and hit the delete key... "aaa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1380c01c44417$2d87fd40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a > friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for > the lif...

MS Money 2006 for Windows Mobile 5
I have purchased the new PPC 6700. I have serveral applications I am moving to the new Windows Mobile 5 application, including MS Money 2006. I am getting a cab error installing MS Money for PPC. Is there a seperate MS Money for PPC installation program. Also need MS streets and maps for my new 6700. Hello John, at the MS Money web site, MS Money for PPC is a seperate download. Although your pda came preloaded, I'd think it's a trail version. My Streets & Trips 2006 came with a PPC version, go to help/install PPC Streets. Best of luck, Don "John McConnell" wr...

Just ordered Quicken 2010 to replace Money Plus Premium
Going to give it a shot and see what happens. I've read threads here and other places and it seems that the problems are usually minor and correctable. Don't recall any showstoppers. Has anyone accumulated the issues and workarounds where necessary, or suggested tips, like removing the password first? I have data going back to 1995 (I've had every version of Money since then) and last time I looked, it was over 60,000 transactions in total. Also, unrelated, but is there an Excel addin like MoneyLink that lets you import data directly into Excel? I have found that feature insanel...

Money 2006 Deluxe Bills Summary Sorting
When in the Bills Summary view and I sort on Account, not all of the line items with the same account are grouped. Upon further review, it appears that duplicate line items with the same Payee, Next Due, Amount, etc are being created and not properly sorted by Account. When I resort based upon Next Due, these duplicates go away and the line items are properly sorted by Next Due (ascending or descending). When i've seen this before, it can mean corruption in the file. Because you can see those additional bills, you have the opportunity to delete these duplicates if you are seeing ...

Use Money 2002 Files in Money 2008
HI, How can I convert or use my Money 2002 files in Money 2008 Trial. Thanks. -- Smith Assuming that M2002 and M2008 are both from the same geography you just install M2008, navigate to the .mny file and double click on the file name. If M2002 is non-US version, the quick answer is "you don't". :-( -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Smith" <Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6962F8A...

User Name prompts
Hi, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 and have a two word username separated by a space. I have been having this problem with Outlook wherein I have entered my username and password in the account setup process, but it still prompts me for it whenever it is checking for new messages. Also, when it prompts, it shows the username without the space. Does Outlook not accept usernames with space, because I tried changing the original settings many times, but every time I open the Edit window of email accounts, I see my user name without space. ...

Automatically display set text based on users composition
Hi, im trying to do something really simple, trouble is i dont know what the feature's called to be able to search for tips on how to do it. Basically in outlook messages, when a user begins writing a sentence e.g. "in the terms of" i need a tag to pop up that allows the user to press enter and then the remainder of what they will want to type in will be inserted in, its a yellow tag that comes up above the words. i dont know where it needs to be created and enabled. Cheers, Rhys. ...

Excel
Excel is the only application that I use in Windows that wipes out the clipboard after I paste. I often need to past the same information multiple times and I wishthere was an option box that allowed me to keep the clipboard after every past ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat on August 7th, 2008
------=_NextPart_0001_74E9EEE0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team will be hosting the next Live Chat on August 7th, 2008, at 10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. Is there a topic that you would like to discuss in depth? Do you want additional insight into a certain area of the software? Have you always wanted to know what to do when you encounter a particular scenario? If so, we'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to post any ideas on this thread, use the link in the Live Chats section of the RMS Using site (h...

Users not showing up??
I'm having trouble adding users and mailboxes in Exchange 2003. My Exchange 2003 box is connected to a Windows 2003 DC. On the Exchange box, whenever I add a user in the Active Directory, it shows up as an account, and all the Exchange tabs are assigned to the user....however under Exchange System Manager no mailbox is created...even though I've run Exchange Tasks in the AD on that same box. Is it because I have to somehow sync the AD on the Exchange box to the DC, or is it something else? Please help!! On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:42:02 -0700, "Scott S." <ScottS@discussio...

Corrupt record in Money 2004
I have one record in my .mny file that I can't clear when I try to accept it after it has downloaded from my credit card site. I keep getting the message that the transaction cannot be entered and it remains outstanding - bolded. I tried the salvage processes - msmoney.exe -s and salv.exe. Neither worked. I just want to delete this one record and put it back manually. Is there a way to do this with jet database functionality? Not that is exposed to any of us users. The database is actually "msisam"--a buttoned up derivative of Jet. "Bill Boffi" <anonymo...

Money 2000 Standard Check Printing
When I try to print a company check I get the error message "There are no checks to print in the "Absolute Audio Provident Bank" account. Money will only print checks for transactions that have "Print" in the number field." Everything I've tried to print has already had "Print" in the number field and it still won't print. Where should I go from here? Try repairing the file by closing Money, then go to Start, Run and type 'msmoney -s' without the quotes. Money should launch and repair. Then try to print checks again. "Just...

re-enabled user, now can't access mail container
i have a user who's account was disabled, i enabled the user and i changed the users password. i then logged in as that user and setup her outlook xp for her exchange account thinking i could then access the user's mail. however i get an error message: Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The attempt to log onto the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. (Exchange) Any Ideas? I have to forward messages to my boss. TIA, Mike Hello Mike, Go to control panel and click on mail, that is where you will verify user account for exchange. Lowell "Mike Smith...

sign-in Problems with Money Plus 2007
I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? -- Manticorr In microsoft.public.money, Manticorr wrote: >I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I >have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to >go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? Hold on to you backup files. You may want to increase the number of backup files f...

msn sync crashes Money 2004
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C3D949.E61EBD00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Every time I try to sync Money2004 standard with msn money Money crashes = with a mscofd.dll error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling = Money to no avail. Synchronization with my brokerage and credit card = accounts works fine. Any suggestions. Pierre Aterianus ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C3D949.E61EBD00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: q...

Non local users
Hi all Our company is going to use Exchange 2003 server as our primary mail server. People can send mails via it and they also can receive mails from exchange. Problem is that also non local users can send mails via our server. It is not nice if somebody is using your server as spam server. Could someone advise me how I can block non local users to send mails via our server? Thanks Topi Look at the following links, HOW TO: Prevent Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail in Exchange 2000 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;319356 HOW TO: Prevent Exchange 2000 from Being...

Multi User Application
Hi to all, I am new to access develop applications. I created application for multi user idea I want my application can be accessed by multi users. So I want to know how to distribute or let them access from my computer. I have static ip address 172.28.34.115 and created application in shared the folder. Users have access runtime 2007. Access 2007 used to develop 5 users to connect the database application Please guide me how multi users can access my application with all rights. They can do data entry as well as run query/report. -- Pankaj On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 02:53:01...

Moving Money 2008 to new computer
I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person for not saving a backup of that. I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits this will be a problem. Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the existing Money (by copying the P...

Multiple Users for office #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the list of applications? I am hoping i dont have to reinstall given it is the same licence being used, just by a new person. All help much appreciated CSR > Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the...

re replicate adc user accounts
Hello all, Some time ago during a migration from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. Some of our users were deleted after they were replicated over using the ADC, after contacting microsoft they instructed us to gointo exchange 5.5 admin.exe /r in raw mode and modify a attribute, and then replicate adc and your users will replicate over. I cant seem to remember what these attribute changes were could sombody point me in the right direction. The following KB describes the fix for your issue. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256862 Stephen Shanks "Brian B" &...

Money 2006 freeze on opening a file
I have been helping a friend of mine setup his new computer, and everything has gone fairly smoothly except for using Money. He used to use Money 2000 on a Windows 98 machine, and Money 2006 was purchased for use with the new Windows XP machine. We are running into problems periodically when opening a file. Sometimes when trying to open a file, when another is already open, Money will just freeze up. This does not happen all of the time, and it does not seem to happen with any certain file. I have searched around a bit on Microsoft's Knowledge Base but have not been able to find...

Mail addressed to user delivered to domain
Hi Guys, My client is running SBS2003 and exchange SP1 I have had a meeting request from an external source sent to a user in the organisation. It has then been received by all users within the organisation. I have opened the meeting request and it is only addressed to the user. I have checked the exchange logs and it clearly shows the message received by everyone, then an NDR sent for any users who were disabled. I am at a loss to explain how this could occur. Does anyone have any ideas? On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:30:08 -0800, Thorny <Thorny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Money 2004 deluxe #8
Money Deluxe 2004 does not download stock/money market transactions from the bank. Is there a Microsoft Money product which will perform this function? In microsoft.public.money, Ron wrote: >Money Deluxe 2004 does not download stock/money market >transactions from the bank. Is there a Microsoft Money >product which will perform this function? East bank of the Mississippi? ...