money 2007 update problem

whenever I open MS Money 2007 I get a message that tells me to update.  I
then click OK and it proceeds to shutdown Money and begin to download the
update I presume.  Once the download reaches 100% I get an error that says
Money was unable to complete the update.  This is going on everytime I start
Money now so I really need to get this update.  Does anyone know how I can
manually download the update and apply it to Money 2007 Deluxe or just make
this autoupdate feature work correctly?

Thanks!
BillyK
0
BillyK (1)
11/18/2007 9:49:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

BillyK wrote:
> whenever I open MS Money 2007 I get a message that tells me to
> update.  I then click OK and it proceeds to shutdown Money and begin
> to download the update I presume.  Once the download reaches 100% I
> get an error that says Money was unable to complete the update.

Which operating system are you using?  Have you performed a Windows Update
this week? (Two new ones were issued on Tuesday.)

Can you update other things within Money 2007 such as stock prices and bank
information?

--
Charles

Which operating system are you using?
-Windows XP SP2

 Have you performed a Windows Update this week?
-Yes, just this morning

Can you update other things within Money 2007 such as stock prices and bank
information?
-I can download info from my financial institution but in the Update Online
Information options I always UNcheck "Update stock and fund quotes, news,
and exchange rates" because that seems to hang as well.  In other words, I
guess the only online feature that is working is that I can connect to my
bank.

Thanks!
BillyK

"Charles" <electrochuckREMOVE@XXXatt.net> wrote in message
> BillyK wrote:
>> whenever I open MS Money 2007 I get a message that tells me to
>> update.  I then click OK and it proceeds to shutdown Money and begin
>> to download the update I presume.  Once the download reaches 100% I
>> get an error that says Money was unable to complete the update.
>
> Which operating system are you using?  Have you performed a Windows Update
> this week? (Two new ones were issued on Tuesday.)
>
> Can you update other things within Money 2007 such as stock prices and
> bank information?
>
> --
> Charles

0
billyk1 (2)
11/18/2007 10:14:31 PM
BillyK wrote:
> whenever I open MS Money 2007 I get a message that tells me to
> update.  I then click OK and it proceeds to shutdown Money and begin
> to download the update I presume.  Once the download reaches 100% I
> get an error that says Money was unable to complete the update.

I wonder if this is a recent phenomenon related to a Window Update problem?
See the thread in this newsgroup started on 11/15/2007 with the subject
line, "Money 2002 Won't Update."

In the interest of science you might do a System Restore to some day last
week (before the MS07-061/KB 943460 update) and see if you can then update
Microsoft Money then.

--
Charles

this has been going on for about a month now for me...I'm just now getting
around to trying to do something about it...hahaha...

;-)

> BillyK wrote:
>> whenever I open MS Money 2007 I get a message that tells me to
>> update.  I then click OK and it proceeds to shutdown Money and begin
>> to download the update I presume.  Once the download reaches 100% I
>> get an error that says Money was unable to complete the update.
>
> I wonder if this is a recent phenomenon related to a Window Update
> problem? See the thread in this newsgroup started on 11/15/2007 with the
> subject line, "Money 2002 Won't Update."
>
> In the interest of science you might do a System Restore to some day last
> week (before the MS07-061/KB 943460 update) and see if you can then update
> Microsoft Money then.
>
> --
> Charles

0
billyk1 (2)
11/18/2007 10:35:02 PM
Billy Kendall wrote:
> this has been going on for about a month now for me...I'm just now
> getting around to trying to do something about it...hahaha...

My Money 2002 has been broken for a while too.  I did a System Restore back
to November 6 which fixed only the Quotes & Exchange Rates updates and the
breakage apparently isn't related to the recent operating system updates.

--
Charles

I also have this issue on my Windows XP SP2 machine which has all Windows
Updates.  I Might try an uninstall/reinstall.

Eric VN

0
nospam3458 (35)

Help needed with Money 2003 files
Hi there, I've been using money 2003 for years even when upgrading to new PC's as I had the original disk. I've just had to rebuild my hard drive and now cannot find the disk anywhere so cannot install Money. As you cannot now buy Money, I've tried downloading the trial version of Money so that I can access all the account details/balances but it says that they're not compatible with earlier versions of money. Is there anything that I can do to get these files open or have I lost all my records for the last 6 years? I'd really appreciate your assistance. Jayne EggHead...

Publisher 2007 and Vista
I've created a 1.3MB file in Publisher 2007 running on Vista that is a book and sent it to my editor for final review. She uses Publisher 2007 on Windows XP and was able to open and work on my file. She has sent it back to me for my final review but I cannot open her file on my laptop with a Publisher 2007/Vista combo but I can open the file on an old desktop I have running Publisher 2003 with a compatibility fix and Windows XP. Any suggestions how I can fix this so I can use this file on my Publisher 2007/Vista combo? Thanks. -- Charlierog Disable your anti-virus software, wi...

Archive Money File
Need a little help. I've been using Money since it first came out many years ago. My .mny file is now 35,444KB after I archive all the transactions prior to 1/1/2004. I have bought and sold a lot of stocks, bonds, cars, etc. over the last 10 years or so. Is there any way to clear out the old "investment" transactions without affecting the networth history? Nope. For many reasons, archiving is lame and destructive and many of us recommend against it and do not do it ourselves. My file is well over 50 MB. I live with it and rather prefer that all of this historical ...

Oultook 2007 & unread RSS feeds
Hello, It is nice to see the subscribed RSS feeds in Outlook 2007. Howerver there's an annoying thing about it, the unread feeds appear in the virtual search folder as unread items and this makes it very hard to filter out the 'real' email messages from the feeds in the unread mail folder. Is there a way to NOT include the RSS feeds un the search folder? Thanks, Perry RIght-click the search folder, choose Customize This Search Folder, and = select the folders you want to search. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www....

outlook 2007 error message in archive folders
for no discernable reason some and only some of my archive folders will no longer open and give the following error message: the message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Oultlook I have restarted not only outlook but rebooted my computer with no positive result. I have also gone back a month to a restore point but this has not changed the position. As I say it is only some files and then only some subfiles in larger files. One month ago there were no issues. I have added no new programs to the computer Try running scanpst.exe against y...

Cached Exchange and GAL Problem
I have a windows domain with an Exchange organisation that houses multiple e-mail domains. Each E-mail domain belongs to a different company and has its own GAL. When the users login via terminal services and start Outlook they only see the users within their own company. This is fine, no problem here......Some of these users connect with the same username and password using Outlook 2003 RPC over HTTP that connects to exactly the smae Exchange organisation. When using cached exchange mode and the user clicks on the address book, it displays the entire organisation including information about t...

Workbooks that are not directly linked updating?
I have 3 workbooks: WB1, WB2, and WB3. WB1 and WB2 are both linked to WB3 but not each other. WB1 contains volumes and WB2 contains costs. When I open these two together and say no to updating the values change anyway. Any clue on why two workbooks update even if I say no or don't want to have WB3 open? -- MM ...

Formula problem #9
Hi, I have entered a small formula in a cell =A1+B1 the result is also fine but if i have edit the formula i have to again type the entire thing. Is there a shortcut to this where i can easily do the editing of the formula, i guess i am missing something out here. Hi, I guess you are not able to see the formula in the formula bar if it is so then go to Tools|Options|View|check the formula bar check box|ok -- _______________________ Click "Yes" if it helps ________ Thanks Suleman Peerzade "Niroo" wrote: > Hi, > > I have entered a small formula in a cell ...

went for microsoft office 2003 to upgrade enterprise office 2007
I just upgrade from ms office 2003 to enterprise office 2007, I made my website in ms office 2003 and try to open in enterprise office 2007, it didn't load my pictures and background. What is the problem? ...

Civil Engineering job, summer of 2007
I am currently in the Civil Engineering Technology program at NBCC Moncton. I am searching for a career, starting in the summer of 2007. If any information is available, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, NW ...

Work out tithe in Money
I know I'm using a very old version but a brief search seems to suggest that the situation has not changed much since from 2001 so I'll still ask this question. Why does Microsoft Money not have a built in way of calculating tithe? I'm sure I'm not the only person left in the world that still believes that the first 10% of earnings should be given away (to God or whoever you believe it should go to). Is there a good way of calculating this in Money? All I want is an option that you can select which will total the total net income each month and calculate 10% of this va...

Money 99 #3
Changed from ISP to MSN Broadband, need to know how I can now get online updates. Will not connect! You've checked your Tools|Options|Connection settings? "David" <DJ1094@MSN.COM> wrote in message news:006201c39589$d4fbb630$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Changed from ISP to MSN Broadband, need to know how I can > now get online updates. Will not connect! ...

Subform Data Entry Problems
I have a subform based on a query linked to the Form by "ContactID". The query works fine when run independent of the subform. I am able to enter all data fields and where necessary the autonumber function assigns properly. But when I try to use the subform all records related by my table "tblADDRESS" do not allow data entry (the fields are not locked). I imagine the ContactID Master/Child link in some way is interfering with the query in Form view, but I've tried every variation of join properties within the Query for the Subform and in the Query for the main...

Link Browser Problems
I have Outlook 2002 as Part of Office XP. I have also installed Service Pack 3. Recently (before and now after the installation of SP3) when I try to open a URL link in an e-mail I get the response that the Link Browser can't be found and it opens the My Documents Folder. Any idea how to fix this?? Thanks. Browse to the location of explorer.exe (or your system default browser) and double click it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal accoun...

[Excel 2003] problem in files with pivottables after install Office Service Pack 3
Hi all. System: Windows XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Professional + Service Pack 3 I have a problem with some xls files after install office service pack 3. With service pack 2 this files normal open. With service pack 3 after open file displays dialog (my translate from russian) "In workbook ... have contents which can not be read. Try restore contents of workbook ? If you trust source of this workbook, press button YES". If I press "No" - file not opens. If I press "Yes", displays next dialog. This dialog form content a list of corrections in file. Biggest pa...

OMA Problem Getting Desperate & Running out of Ideas
Hi I am looking to roll out OMA through my corp, but can't seem to solve this prob I am having with logging on I have been through the available papers and there none out there which apply to this or work for it I enabled OMA on my local Exchange 2003 box which is running Server 2000, the OMA directory in IIS contains the correct mailboxes. However when I connect through I.E6 to http://servername:port/oma, I seem to sucessfully logon, but then get then get blocked with a HTTP 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR page cannot be displayed screen. I also get this when I browse OMA through IIS. Though I...

ARGGG! OWA Problem
We are using Outlook Web Access with Exchange server 5.5 (on a Windows 2000 computer). For some strange reason, I cannot successfully connect anymore. I get either of the following errors. It's either 1) Failed to get inbox Or 2) Failed to connect to the Microsoft Exchange server, <server name> No other users seem to be affected, just me! I have checked permissions through the IIS management console, and I have even re-applied service pack 4 for Exchange 5.5. I can log on to the network and get my mail through Outlook on the desktop with no problem. I'm stumped! Any...

Release version problems
Hi, I built a release version of my application, and an installer. The application runs fine on my two XP development machines. When I installed it on a windows 2000 machine (SP4) I got the following error when I tried to display a bitmap in my app: "The instruction at "0x00000001" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The memory could not be "read". Then I installed it on another XP machine, and the application crashed and closed itself when performing a certain operation (could also be bitmap related, but not necessarily). I am using the paintlib library in...

Installing Exchange 2007 into exsiting organization
This is the first Exchange 2007 we have. Current environment is a mix of Exchange 2000 and 2003 in native mode. During the installation step, it is asking me to enter the name of organization, which I am hesitate to do -- I don't want to create a new Exchange organization under our domain. What should I do so it will pick up the exsiting organization and try to add itself into there ?? I am sorry, let me provide more info about the above post. I read this arcitle: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/54c6e6d4-aa19-4d30-87b6-31a1ca018a3f.aspx and was following the instruction ...

On behalf of problem
No one seems to be able to figure this one out. All my incoming emails are now coming in 'on behalf of' the actual sender. The subject line in there but all of the body of the email is blank. These are all emails senders who regularly send me email and I have done nothing to my Outlook. No one else on my network has this problem but me and it just appeared out of no where. What is the issue here and how can I fix it? Stu. manchu <sjwarkentin@fastmail.fm> wrote: > No one seems to be able to figure this one out. All my incoming > emails are now coming in 'on beh...

Running problem
VWD 2010 I copy all my asp project into a physical location in my pc. Set up a virtual directory under IIS. Open the browser for the main page. eg http://localhost/TestSite20100707/main.aspx Got the error on the page showing the webconfig contents: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute name...

Exchange 2000 OWA Problem
I can access my Exchange 2000 server via OWA from within the network fine. However when I try and access from outside the network, I can't and receive a "page can't be displayed" error message. I believe my DNS settings are correct, but when I go to http://servername/exchange (using fully qualified domain server name), the error message comes up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Martin On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:59:01 -0700, Martin <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can access my Exchange 2000 server via OWA from within the network fine. >Ho...

Money 2006 Backup Settings
I use the "auto backup on close" feature to save backups to a small, 128MB USB flash drive. My problem is that even though I select the option to save only the most recent 'n' backups, Money will not delete old backups and pretty soon the drive is full. Is this an issue with Money 2006, or am I doing something wrong? -- Brett You have it set to only keep x backups ? Tools-options - backup settings - select 2 backups - and I assume that it should purge the rest - no ? "Brett Pantalone" <news.pantalone@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1fc83...

How Do I Turn Off Money 2006's Upgrade Spam?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6B6F5.B2647A90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Now that Money 2007 is out, Money 2006 burps out a series of two = exasperating pop-ups chiding me to upgrade. I thought that maybe after = blowing it away several times, it would graciously retire, but no. Is = there any way to turn off this spam? - John ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6B6F5.B2647A90 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable &l...

Problems with my Dell Inspion with Windows Vista.
Two months ago, my computer was so full of viruses that it had asked me when I was restarting it if I wanted to restore it back to before I was having all of the problems that I was having with it. After I agreed to restoring it, everything worked fine. Two weeks ago, my computer started making me find the files of things I wanted to open before I opened them, example, if I wanted to open Firefox, an Open With pop up would open and would make me go into files and open it manually. But for some reason, it will not open programs period. How can I fix this without completely re-form...