Money 2007 -- QIF import - date format (not regional settings prob

Good Evening!

After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions
from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions)
with little trouble except for the date format.

(Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do
with my regional settings!)

As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel,
then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file.

The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106"
(mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006, for example.

Once I open the csv file in Excel, I can "format the cell" and get the date
to display in the cell as 01/06/06 (dd/mm/yy), but the actual underlying data
is still 060106.  I was hoping when I used the XL2QIF add-in and exported the
data to the qif file, the numbers would be as they were displayed in the cell
as opposed to the actual underlying data, because Money seems to want the qif
file to be dd/mm/yy.

When I use the XL2QIF converter, the qif is created, and when I import into
Money, the value 060106 comes in as January 6, 2006, instead of June 1, 2006.
 I can't find in Money 2007 where I can instruct the program to handle the
dates differently.  I also do not see any way to change how XL2QIF handles
the export of the date field.

This has nothing to do with my regional settings as far as I understand
them, because my regional settings are already set to mm/dd/yy, and always
have been.

Is there any way to tell Money 2007 that inside my qif file, the date format
of the incoming data is mm/dd/yy (which matches my regional settings, btw...)
and NOT dd/mm/yy???  OR, is this a problem with the creation of my QIF in the
first place???

I'm going nuts <insert bad language here...>

Thank you so much!!!
--
J. Raines
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

just one more thing I tried...

I manually changed all my date fields in Excel from 060106 to 010606, for
example, then used XL2QIF to create the qif, then imported into Money again.
And guess what???  Money got the dates up until 6/12/06 (120606).  After
that, the dates were blank.  (130606 and up).  Even though the first 2 digits
are the dd field, something ignored all numbers above 12, as though it were
the month field.
Yes, it's very strange...  :-)
--
J. Raines

"hisplaceresort" wrote:

> Good Evening!
>
> After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions
> from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions)
> with little trouble except for the date format.
>
> (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do
> with my regional settings!)
>
> As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel,
> then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file.
>
> The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106"
> (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006, for example.
>
> Once I open the csv file in Excel, I can "format the cell" and get the date
> to display in the cell as 01/06/06 (dd/mm/yy), but the actual underlying data
> is still 060106.  I was hoping when I used the XL2QIF add-in and exported the
> data to the qif file, the numbers would be as they were displayed in the cell
> as opposed to the actual underlying data, because Money seems to want the qif
> file to be dd/mm/yy.
>
> When I use the XL2QIF converter, the qif is created, and when I import into
> Money, the value 060106 comes in as January 6, 2006, instead of June 1, 2006.
>  I can't find in Money 2007 where I can instruct the program to handle the
> dates differently.  I also do not see any way to change how XL2QIF handles
> the export of the date field.
>
> This has nothing to do with my regional settings as far as I understand
> them, because my regional settings are already set to mm/dd/yy, and always
> have been.
>
> Is there any way to tell Money 2007 that inside my qif file, the date format
> of the incoming data is mm/dd/yy (which matches my regional settings, btw...)
> and NOT dd/mm/yy???  OR, is this a problem with the creation of my QIF in the
> first place???
>
> I'm going nuts <insert bad language here...>
>
> Thank you so much!!!
> --
> J. Raines
Hi,

Here is a QIF export from my bank for check Number 2973 in the amount of
Fifty dollars.

Notice the Date field is MM/DD/YYYY

Opened QIF with NotePad, copy and pasted below.

!Type:BANK
D12/28/2006
C*
T-50.00
N02973
PCHECK
MCHECK
^

The above QIF imports okay into my money.

Ken

"hisplaceresort" <hisplaceresort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
| >  I can't find in Money 2007 where I can instruct the program to handle
the
| > dates differently.  I also do not see any way to change how XL2QIF
handles
| > the export of the date field.
| >
| > This has nothing to do with my regional settings as far as I understand
| > them, because my regional settings are already set to mm/dd/yy, and
always
| > have been.
| >
| > Is there any way to tell Money 2007 that inside my qif file, the date
format
| > of the incoming data is mm/dd/yy (which matches my regional settings,
btw...)
| > and NOT dd/mm/yy???  OR, is this a problem with the creation of my QIF
in the
| > first place???
| >
| > I'm going nuts <insert bad language here...>

Formatting a cell in Excel just changes the view to you, it doesn't change
the data. You could format the date column, then do a copy -> paste special
and paste the values into a new column. This can be formatted to how you
want - see if that helps in any way

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money.
To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

> Good Evening!
>
> After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions
> from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register
> transactions)
> with little trouble except for the date format.
>
> (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to
> do
> with my regional settings!)
>
> As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel,
> then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file.
>
> The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106"
> (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006, for example.
>
> Once I open the csv file in Excel, I can "format the cell" and get the
> date
> to display in the cell as 01/06/06 (dd/mm/yy), but the actual underlying
> data
> is still 060106.  I was hoping when I used the XL2QIF add-in and exported
> the
> data to the qif file, the numbers would be as they were displayed in the
> cell
> as opposed to the actual underlying data, because Money seems to want the
> qif
> file to be dd/mm/yy.
>
> When I use the XL2QIF converter, the qif is created, and when I import
> into
> Money, the value 060106 comes in as January 6, 2006, instead of June 1,
> 2006.
> I can't find in Money 2007 where I can instruct the program to handle the
> dates differently.  I also do not see any way to change how XL2QIF handles
> the export of the date field.
>
> This has nothing to do with my regional settings as far as I understand
> them, because my regional settings are already set to mm/dd/yy, and always
> have been.
>
> Is there any way to tell Money 2007 that inside my qif file, the date
> format
> of the incoming data is mm/dd/yy (which matches my regional settings,
> btw...)
> and NOT dd/mm/yy???  OR, is this a problem with the creation of my QIF in
> the
> first place???
>
> I'm going nuts <insert bad language here...>
>
> Thank you so much!!!
> --
> J. Raines

0
glyn1 (1534)

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Money is already running #4
I have experienced the "Money is already running" problem with Money 2006 and thought I would try Money 2007 to see if the problem went away.. NOPE.. I have tried all of the suggestions, switch automatic backup off, etc.. etc.. nothing helps. I have noticed that this only happens when Outlook is running, I called MS tech support (now there's an experience in futility) and we have had no success. Any ideas... Does closing the program from File - Exit make a difference? -- Michael Gordon "Rick B" <Rick B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

MS Money 95 data files

Transfer Money 98 to money 2004
I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current data to new computer w/ money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, Brad Karris wrote: >I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new >computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current >data to new computer w/ money 2004. If you have a USB flash drive on the old machine, copy your .mny file there. Then copy the file to the new machine-- usually to your "My Documents" folder. In Windows Explorer, double-left-click the file on your new machine to ...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Money Deluxe 2006 Trial to Money Deluxe Web Download.
Purchased the "full-download" Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 version from the trial version download. I followed all the steps to "Activate" the product with successful conclusion. However, the "Trial" nag screen continues to pop-up every time I sign onto Money 2006. To add insult to injury, when I have signed onto the Support Center, wishing to send an email to ask about this, the web-site does not recognize my "PID" (Product ID)...because it continues to believe it is the trail version....thusly only a serial number is listed. And, the SN is not r...

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Excel 2007

Set request parameters for web services

Grammar check not working

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...

formula based on format

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

dates #5
Is there a formula to ad a numeric value to the name of a month. I am running a query in excel (pulling from an external source) and would like to sort as teh table refreshes by month and year. I have code to to do the refresh and the sort, but it sorts in alphabetical order. I was thinking a formula could place a numeric value to the month (1 = Jan, 2 = Feb, etc) and I can sort based on that. Is there an easy formula to do this. Thanks in advance Your easy formula could be: =MATCH(A1,{"Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun"...

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

Setting MDI Parent Size To Fit Around A Child Form
Hi, How do you set the client size of an MDI parent to fit around a child form? Breakpoints in the constructor and load event handler show the child size to be already modified to fit into the parent; the child's size does not match what shows in the Designer. I suppose the real question might be how do you determine the size of the child window or keep the parent from changing it first? Thanks, Gary What you're asking for is a little backwards, but I'm sure you have your reasons. At any rate, these are the properties you will want to investigate: ...

Convert date
How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/jdates.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany gary wrote: > How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a > Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > > For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:24:57 -0700, "gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a >Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > >For exa...

formating date from general2 custom
I have an input xls file with the date but like this: Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 I need to have just following format dd/mm/yyyy I tried to format it using Format->Cells->Date or Format->Cells- >Custom but this is failing. Nothing changed. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. Vlad <vladimir.vaynshtok@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1013b138-352b-4799-81ba-9508b74a1850@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have an input xls file with the date but like this: > > Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 > > I need to have just following format > > d...

Exchange 2007 across account search