Money 2007: odd behavior of transactions in loan account

Hello,

In Money 2007, looking into loan account with payments made from checking
account, when I click the transaction, for some transactions the Category is
grey/disabled, while for others it's enabled. The category is "transfer from
checking". If I pick a transction where it's enabled and click "split", the
split screen for some reason shows that the whole amount is unassigned, and
the sum of splits = $0 - even though "transfer from checking" does appear
above with correct amount. But then, if I click on the empty line,
"unassigned" disappears and it looks correctly. Yet, if at this point I
click "done" and then "enter", I see warning that "changing this transaction
will produce an unassigned amount in the split transaction". If I approve,
this creates new transaction in the checking register for the amount of
principal.

I think this is new in M07, and it looks like a bug. Can someone reproduce
this?

Also curious, why the category is disabled for some transactions but enabled
for others? This I think was the same in previous versions as well.

regards,
Vadim Rapp

0
vr1 (47)
10/13/2007 7:15:54 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Where to view Money portfolio online?
I currently only download bank statements to Money. I don't allow it to upload any of my financial info to a website, since I have security concerns and don't know what use that would be anyway. If I'd like to login to a website and view my Money portfolio, is there a way to let Money upload only the portfolio to (I guess) some MSN website? Where would that site be and how do I obtain a login? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, brett wrote: >I currently only download bank statements to Money. I don't allow it >to upload any of my financial info to a website, since ...

Money 2002 Synchronization Issue
I'm having trouble finding any information on how to get around the synchronization issue that I'm having with Money 2002. When I try to sync it up with moneycentral, I get a message that I need to find the solution at MSN moneycentral, and that it needs a file in order to be able to sync up with moneycentral. I have looked and have not found any answers on moneycentral or anywhere else. Does anybody have any ideas? I am havingt the same problem. "adamjensendo" wrote: > I'm having trouble finding any information on how to get around the > synchronization ...

I need help with multiple Fidelity accounts and Money 2006
Here is my situation: I have the following accounts at Fidelity: Under my login ID: Financial Institution is named "Fidelity Investments" for these accounts My Rollover IRA My Roth IRA Joint brokerage account Under my wife's login ID: Financial Institution is named "Fidelity Investments # 2" for these accounts Wife's Rollover IRA Wife's Roth IRA Joint brokerage account The Joint Brokerage account is the same, and shows up at the Fidelity web site when either of us logs into Fidelity. This setup is giving m...

Problems when opening in Publisher 2003 vs 2007
I have a file someone sent me that when opening it in Publisher 2003, it appears as a long narrow strip with 8% zoom. However, when I open the same file in Publisher 2007, it appears as it should. They only have Publisher 2003. Is there something that needs to be changed in 2003 so that the file appears correctly? -- shel What happens if you re-save the document? Publisher 2003 will open 2007 publications. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "shel" <shel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8444042F-56E8-4390-A00D-FBFB155903F5@microsof...

Money 2002 stopped recognising exports from my bank website
I am using Money 2002, which is the latest version supported by my bank (Barclays, UK) The system is set up so I log onto their website, select export data, select Money 2002 and then download the data. I do not get any normal download prompt, I just see a small file download and then a box pops up prompting me to start Money to import the file. This worked fine until yesterday. Now the file appears to download correctly, but after it is downloded, nothing happens. Even if I go into Money manually, no import is triggered. I have spoken to Barclays online support, and they assure me th...

attching files in outlook 2007
hello, if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get options to insert or insert as text. in previous versions there was an option to insert as a hyperlink, is this no longer available? I am using outlook/office 2007 with SP2 installed. Thanks in advance for any help. Taffy B "TAFFY" <TAFFY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01D958C4-B54B-4127-BB93-F414AD3D9A68@microsoft.com... > hello, > if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get > options > to insert or insert as text. in pre...

redirecting emails to SBS Exchange 2007
If I want to redirect emails from public hosting server to local SBS server, what DNS records do I need to change. Do I need to edit any other A/AAAA records or just to add whatever name (matching sbs domain name) and global IP of my local office router? Below is an example of another company records - the first is web page hosting service and 3rd is the name and IP of this organisation, which I need to add for my company. What for is needed the second 127.0.0.1? 3 A/AAAA record(s) mycompany.com. IN A xxx.146.69.8 localhost.mycompany.com. IN A 127....

backup files from Money 2002 to Money 2004
My harddrive broke leaving me unable to open Money 2002. I'm trying to restore my files onto my new computer with Money 2004, but I keep receiving an error message that says I do not have a valid path name. Anyone had any success solving this problem? TIA Step 1 - for safety copy your back up files to your hard disk. Step 2 - double click on the first backup file using Windows Explorer or My Computer. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "...

How to copy Contacts data on my Notebook's Outlook 2007 to Addres Book of Outlook Express on desktop PC
I have entered most of my friends' data on my Notebook's Outlook 2007. However, on my home desktop PC, I'm using Outlook Express 6. How do I transfer the Notebook's Outlook Contacts to the Desktop's Outlook Express Address Book? I use Win XP on both machines. I was told Outlook stores its Contacts data in a Contacts Folder, while Outlook Express reads only files with wab extensions and it's tricky to Import a Contacts folder to a wab file. Pse help. Thank you. "Jimmy Hsu" <jimmyhsu@tifventures.com> wrote in message news:fjrb5f$pn2$1@maw...

Money Plus Deluxe #6
Hi, I have downloaded the trial version and input all my data, now I am trying to purchase the full version however I live in Australia and there is no option for purchasing here. I don't need a localised version the current version I have is fine I just want to continue using all the data I have put into the program. Do you have a link for purchases outside of the US Many thanks Wayne One workaround that some people have used is to not request a CD and to quote a USA address. 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC comes to mind. :-) Once you have the download make sure you bu...

Money 200 Investment Summary
I have held a stock for some time and have now sold it but it still remains on the Investments Summary on the Home Page. I do not wish to delete the investment as this will remove all records of it but how do I remove it from the Investment Summary on the Home Page? I assume you updated your account? "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:396b01c3e361$76905850$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have held a stock for some time and have now sold it but > it still remains on the Investments Summary on the Home > Page. > I do not wish to delete th...

Trying to transfer money 98 from one computer to money 2002 on another computer
I am trying to get my old money 5.0 version off my laptop to a newer version of money 2002 on another computer. The laptop is windows 98 & the new computer is windows XP. The laptop's floppy is not working so I can not copy the file to a floppy so I tried to email the file so I could open it on the new computer. When I try to open the new file it goes through the info but does not setup or give you the option to setup. If anyone has done this please let me know how. All my banking info is stored on this laptop & I don't want to send it in for repairs to get a new...

10/5 Wells Fargo Transactions lost
When updating my MN Money check register I received a message from Wells Fargo that all the transactions for 10/5/09 would not be posted into the register (due to a technical problem on their end), and that I would have to do that manually. I am using the essential register and I can find no way to do this manually. The funny thing is, my account balance in Money is a match to the bank's balance. This makes no sense to me because there are about $200. worth of transactions that are not in the register. Anybody got any ideas on what is going on here? Does MS Money automatically ...

MoneyCentral and MS Money 2004: Still Breaks...
FYI -- after plugging along almost a week with Money 04 without any sync errors using MoneyCentral's account syncing features (MSN Money accounts linked to MS Money accounts) I thought they'd fixed the bugs. Today I ran into the "there's been a sync problem, your data will be unavailable until this is fixed, possibly several days" error. Whatever the problem is, it doesn't ever resolve and the only way to fix it is to delete the MSN Money accounts and re-add them, relink them, and then re-accept all the transactions after the initial re-sync. I've given u...

money setup runs after sp2 installed
Money express 2002 setup started after SP2 installation completed. Try to cancel it but is says you must close out of money express first. But it isn't running. -- Diana Having same problem... searched Google and same problem reported one other place and not replies to it there either... Anyone have a fix for this? PC is unusable because the Money 2002 setup keeps popping up and when cancelled it starts up again. :-( "Diana" <Diana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23CD5142-0F91-479B-AE3F-4AE090DF7A9B@microsoft.com... > Money express 2002 setup s...

Pocket Money
I recently upgraded to a new Windows Mobile v5 device. It's great - But I can't get Pocket Money (v2004) to install and sync properly on the new O/S. I really miss having this software on my device. Are any of the newer versions of Pocket Money compatible w/ the new mobile O/S? Microsoft's support site and Windows Mobile product pages don't have much to say about v5. Just curious. Thanks! Which version of Money are you using on the desktop? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Gregg Knapp" <noEmail@none.com> wrote in message news:Oxf22W19FHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP11...

searching for IP addresses in outlook 2007
When I search for an IP address, say 10.10.15.55, I get no results found even though I know there are messages that contain this IP address in the body & subject of several messages. when I search for 10. I get results for all the appropriate messages. If I search for 10.1, etc. nothing shows. Instant search uses starts at the beginning of a word and . denotes a new word. Try "10.10.15.55" (with the quotes) or advanced find. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstic...

Reconciling Transactions
After downloading transactions from my financial institution, Money encountered an error and closed as it was matching transactions. File was corrupted so I repaired. Money now says I have 12 transactions to review but no transactions are in bold font. I have tried to reconcile all transactions but Money still says I have 12 items to review. Any ideas? Can you try another repair (-s option). -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://r...

Creating custom charts in Excel 2007
When creating charts in earlier versions in Excel, it was possible to select a custom type of a column chart with one series displayed as a line. I can't find this in Excel 2007 - is it still there somewhere? Any help would be gratefully received! As always, you can build your own custom chart. (The built-in custom ones are not too flexible anyway.) For example, to make a line-column chart, make a line chart, then right click on a series, choose Chart Type from the pop-up menu, and choose the column chart type for the selected series. Repeat as needed. To put a series onto the secon...

Outlook 2003: Configuring rules and syncronization for multiple accounts
have recently migrated from Notes to Outlook for corporate e-mail (Exchange server). I have been using Outlook for my personal (POP3) mail account for quite some time. I would like to be able to access and manage both accounts from one profile. I have created both e-mail accounts and added them under a profile I called "combined". Generally I have everything working, but I have a few problems that are driving me crazy. I need to accomplish the following: - All incoming e-mail for my personal account should be moved to the Inbox in my personal folder. - All e-mail sent from my ...

Account won't open in Money 2005
When I launched Money 2005, it could not find my data file, which was indeed missing from its proper folder. I was able to successfully restore from the backup. All appeared well. Now, one of the five accounts in my Account List will not open. When I click on the problem account in the Account List, the screen simply refreshes and returns to the Account List Screen. All other accounts open correctly. I tried repairing the data file. Money said their were no problems to repair, but the one account still will not open. Restoring again from the backup does not solve, either. I need the i...

Missing Transactions in GL in GP 7.5 and SQL Server 2000
We have some transactions that Accounts Payable show as posted but the GL does not have a record of it: 1. What causes this to happen> 2. How do I check in SQL Server for this type of missing transactions? 3. How do I fix them? Thanks Dear Sean, First of all check what is your posting setup is. Tools> Setup> Posting > Posting > Serieas = Purchasing Check you have selected the create A journal Entry per Transaction or Batch. It could be possible that you have posted more than 2 transaction and system has posted the summary. You also need to verify that what is the account...

admin rights to user accounts in exchange 2000
Before we upgraded to exchange 2000 from exchange 5.5, I was able to log in as any of my users inbox and other folders as long as I was logged in as administrator. When using OWA, I'd like to be able to log in as the administrator and then put the user name at the end of the line so that I can do it (example log on to www.mydomain.com/exchange using administrator for user name, then going up to address line and adding /user1 to the end) That no longer seems to work. Is there a setting that needs to be changed? Thanks. Personally, I don't like admins who want access to users'...

How do I strike through in Publisher 2007?
Beta testing PUblisher 07- can't find a way to show text with a strike-through. Ospachuck wrote: > Beta testing PUblisher 07- can't find a way to show text with a > strike-through. ============================== Could you just draw a line over the text? -- ******John Inzer******** **MS Picture It! MVP** *****Digital Image****** Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp *********Notice*********** This is not tech support ........I am a volunteer....... Solutions that work for me may not work for you. Proceed at your own risk. Need a Web Host? *******Consider*******...

Money 2004 and MSN Moneycentral Synchronization Crash
Last week, I reset MSN My Accounts to start over from scratch. When I've done this in the past, Microsoft Money recognized that My MSN Accounts were gone and offered to setup Money for synchronization with MSN Moneycentral on the Money 2004 home page. Now it just offers to "Synchronize my Money data with MSN Money now" as if the Moneycentral accounts are still there. They aren't and when it tries to synchronize, I get a crash and Money 2004 restarts. Anyone else having this problem? Is it maybe related to the new MSN design changes of late? Any help with this problem would ...