Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista

Hello,

I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on
machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go
about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the
program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that
describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally
have under windows XP?
And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about.

Thanks,

Eric

0
nomail545 (24)
7/7/2007 7:16:47 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money
> (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of
> "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that
> describes where to have the program installed installed and where to
> keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as
> an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP?
> And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about.

I've had no problems at all installing in Vista Ultimate. Just make
sure your data files are stored in a subdirectory of your user
directory. Mine is in a subdirectory of "Documents" labeled 'Money
data'.

Except for initial installation and downloaded updates, you don't need
administrator privileges. How you 'keep the rights as an
administrator' is not relevant to Money. Ask that question in a
Windows forum, if it concerns you.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
7/7/2007 7:26:22 PM
Thanks Chris,

I hardly ever have problems using MM 2007, but I found so many questions
about MM 2007 and windows vista that I thought I would have to follow some
steps to get it right first time.

Bye,

Eric
"Chris Cowles" <spam_magnet@remove-me-bellsouth.net> schreef in bericht
> "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007)
>> on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to
>> go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the
>> program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that
>> describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would
>> normally have under windows XP?
>> And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about.
>
> I've had no problems at all installing in Vista Ultimate. Just make sure
> your data files are stored in a subdirectory of your user directory. Mine
> is in a subdirectory of "Documents" labeled 'Money data'.
>
> Except for initial installation and downloaded updates, you don't need
> administrator privileges. How you 'keep the rights as an administrator' is
> not relevant to Money. Ask that question in a Windows forum, if it
> concerns you.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL

0
nomail545 (24)
7/7/2007 7:40:39 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Eric wrote:

>Thanks Chris,
>
>I hardly ever have problems using MM 2007, but I found so many questions
>about MM 2007 and windows vista that I thought I would have to follow some
>steps to get it right first time.

Be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that
you will have full privileges to, such as Documents/MyDocuments.
If they are in a place like ProgramFiles, Vista will create an
impermanent copy of the file for the user to use, unless the user
explicitly right-clicks at launch and choose RunAsAdministrator
that time.

Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox is in
IE Tools->InternetOptions->Advanced.

Right-click the Money icon and choose RunAsAdmistrator to let
updates happen.  Then reboot the computer.  Check that the Money
2007 version is 16.0.*.1303.

>Bye,
>
>Eric
>"Chris Cowles" <spam_magnet@remove-me-bellsouth.net> schreef in bericht
>> "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007)
>>> on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to
>>> go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the
>>> program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that
>>> describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would
>>> normally have under windows XP?
>>> And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about.
>>
>> I've had no problems at all installing in Vista Ultimate. Just make sure
>> your data files are stored in a subdirectory of your user directory. Mine
>> is in a subdirectory of "Documents" labeled 'Money data'.
>>
>> Except for initial installation and downloaded updates, you don't need
>> administrator privileges. How you 'keep the rights as an administrator' is
>> not relevant to Money. Ask that question in a Windows forum, if it
>> concerns you.
>> --
>> Chris Cowles
>> Gainesville, FL

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Export WPX4 Address book to MS Word 2007?
Is it possible to transfer my WordPerfect X4 address book to Word 2007 for use in addressing envelopes etc.? I have the home and school version of 07. Thanks, Rich Mercer Word doesn't have an address book. It utilises the contacts list of Outlook, which of course the student version of Office does not include. It *may* be possible to extract the data from your WP address book to a Word table to use as a data source for mail merge, but I suspect you may have to do this from Word Perfect. If you still have access to WP, check if it has an option to export to a comma delim...

Configuring Outlook 2007
Hi, I was trying to configure Outlook 2007 to access my mails. I am facing this problem continuosly- If I try to access my hotmail account, it always goes into Offline mode, though I am able to access it through Windows Live. Once or twice, I have been able to download few mails, but never more than than that. The OS is Vista. Thanks ________________________________________ " If you think you can, and if you think you can't, then you are right"- Henry ford Are you using the Outlook Connector? if not, you need it - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

How to write to the registry in Vista from Access
Hi... This is my first post and I want to know if there is somewhere a code to write to the registry. I have one from someone in the past but I try to use it on Windows Vista and instead of putting the key in the local machine/software it is adding to some virtual folder. Does anyone knows why??? Thanks... This is not really an Access question, but a Vista one. My best guess though is that you need administrative privileges to write to the registry, and Vista by default does not let anyway have those privileges without specifically logging in that way. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP ht...

Money06 & Windows 98
Does Money 06 work with Windows 98? ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Sorry no. You have 3 options:- 1. Upgrade Windows to XP. 2. Upgrade to Money 2000 - 2005 (one of not all!) and then to Money 2006 3. Do the conversion on a different XP machine and then copy the file back to the W98 PC. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://suppo...

Resizing a splitter window
I have a splitter window and I want to control which side of the splitter gets smaller when the window size is reduced. Can someone please help? Chris Baker wrote: > I have a splitter window and I want to control which side of the splitter > gets smaller when the window size is reduced. > > Can someone please help? When the size is changed the parent window (CMainFrame, usually) gets the WM_SIZE message. Add a message handler for it. In the handler, call splitter functions like SetColumnInfo to resize as desired. Then call the splitter's RecalcLayout. Caution: the...

Can't Change Text direction in office 2007
Hi, i have installed office 2007 ( Pro Plus Edition) on a machine. i have faced a strange thing that i have never seen. the option of changing text direction from right to left or left to right does not exist. it come by default with ltr direction. What's the Problem ? Hi, You need to enable a right-to-left language, such as Hebrew or Arabic. To do this, perform the following steps: 1. Close Word. 2. Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings. 3. In the "Available...

Accessing Money reconciled statements?
Is there any way to access past reconciled statements? For some reason, when I went to reconcile it says that my starting balance doesn't match my ending balance from the last statement. I thought I would find the last statement and enter that ending balance as my starting. Not as easy as I thought. Thanks in advance. You won't be able to do that - if the ending balance is modified, you're just shifting the problem back. You'll need to find where you have either deleted a reconciled transaction, or unreconciled a previously reconciled transaction and make an appropri...

Blank Project on MS Project Pro 2007 startup
Does anyone have a code snippet for closing the blank project that is opened when opening project? Or is there a checkbox I have missed that will do this. Hello WJM, You can set Project to open the last file on startup in Tools > Options, General tab. However, I believe there is currently an error in Project 2007 where opening the last file on startup causes an incorrect error message. When you open an existing project plan the Project1 file is closed for you. I guess I'm not sure that a clicking a button to run a macro is any better than using the built in close ...

Money 2004 Small Business: Adding Discounts
I have looked and looked for how to add discount items into my invoices, i.e, 10% discount, etc. Anyone know how to do this? I have run search after search under the Help files and haven't been able to come up with anything. On this note, how easy is it to enter a partial payment? Thanks for your help!! Jessie :) Click Invoices on the top toolbar. Click create new invoice. Enter the customer then click add item. You will see the discount box on the left-hand side under the description input field. You can enter a % discount or a $$ discount. >-----Original Message-----...

Can't save new contacts in Outlook 2007
When I try to save new contacts in Outlook 2007, I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." It's been suggested that I clear the forms cache but cannot find how to do that in 2007 (recommended link was for 2003 version). Can anyone help with that or is there another possible solution? P.S. I am working off line in Outlook, if that matters. Also, I can revise and save revisions to existing contacts with no problem. HJ Why are you starting a new thread? Suggest following the recommendations in ...

using interop to create document word 2007
I am using c# and word interop to open a mailmerge document fill it in and then display it to the user. Once i display it the c# app has nothing more to do with the word document. The user can edit it as needed and then save it as a pdf and that is fine. The issue is I would like to set the default path for the document and it could be a network drive or sharepoint and will change every time also it will never be where the original document was opened. ...

Has anyone linked MS Access and MS Money?
Greetings. I have a registration database for a school that uses MS Access. Our book keeper uses Quicken, so that all the student names, addresses, etc. needs to be entered twice. I am thinking of migrating the financial records to MS Money, so that we can do some VBA programming or the like to send student data from Access to Money. Does anyone know if this can be done, or have any experience doing this sort of thing? Thanks! Gary See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10 in specific and http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=3 in general. "GaryDave" <garydave@hotmail.com> w...

Can I use Free Excel Viewer 97/2000 in Windows XP?
Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda The Viewer for Office 97/2000 works fine under Windows XP. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:11:01 -0700, "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with >Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, >that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda An...

Maximum number of process....Windows
Hi, Is there any limit of number of process or thread that can run at a time in Win9X and win2k/XP OS. Plz reply. regds vinay Well, on the toy systems (Win9x), the process limit is fairly small, probably reasonably on the order of a few hundred, but I've never measured it. The limit is based on the available real memory, the available paging space, the amount of GDI space, the number of windows, etc. (the USER and GDI space is shared system-wide under MS-DOS), and, or course, the sizes of the processes. On real operating systems, you will probably run out of patience before you r...

Remove a document from a workspace in Excel 2007
I have a user who created a workspace and included a file that he now wants to remove from the workspace. Is there a way to remove one file from a workspace? Thank you. ...

Ganhar umas massas/Earn real money !!!
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

switching investment charts in microsoft money plus deluxe
I'm using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 17.0 As in Money 2004 clicking on a listed investment on the Home tab goes directly to a price chart. In the earlier program I could switch quickly between investment charts using a drop down list on the chart page. In money plus deluxe 17.0 I have to go back to Home first or the Portfolio tab. Can I make this work as before? Thanks for any help. "Dave K" <p_sellars-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote in message news:eqMaGmEcIHA.4712@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > I'm using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 17.0 > > As...

Money 2006 Deluxe Payees
After initially installing Money 2006 Deluxe (retail CD), I first started entering a number of Payee names to use when later entering expense records. I then entered recurring "Bills" category records that were anticipated. Then when manually entering check register records, the only Payee names on the Payee field drop down list were those previously entered in the recurring "Bills" category group records. I had expected all of my originally entered Payee names to be included in the drop down list for use when manually entering check register records. However, I had...

Abnormally Slow responses for MS Money Plus
Hi -- I downloaded the trial version of Money 2007 last summer. It worked fine. when my 90 days were up, I purchased the new "Plus" version and imported my file. Now the "plus" version runs very slow. Sometimes at startup, it hangs and I have to ctrl-alt-del. Usually it will come out of the hang up after about 3-5 minutes. But still that is not normal. Then, especially, when I go to the spending tracker, the same hang up occurs for another minute or two. On the previous version, it was pretty much instantaneous. Any ideas what would cause this? If it can...

Money 2005 (UK) on Vista
Hi All, Has anyone else had any problems importing OFX files from HSBC into Money 2005 (UK) running on Windows Vista Beta 2? I've run Money as Administrator to update it, and I've tried importing as both the Administrator and normal user. No joy! It seems to think the file is to blame, but I'm not too sure! Any ideas? Sorry if it's been answered recently, I couldn't find this exact problem. Jules Have you tried running the OFX analyzer on the OFX, to check it is valid, and do you have the 1105 update (look at help and check the version number). -- Glyn Simpso...

Windows XP updates not successful
I am continually getting told by XP (Service Pack 3) that updates are ready for my computer. When I try and install them, I get this: "The following updates were not installed: KB971486, KB969059, KB958869." I went through my Windows Update history, and the first update that was unsuccessful was KB971486. So I downloaded this update to try and install it manually (with the "WindowsXP-KB931784-x86-ENU.exe" /o command), and I got a message saying that "Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of this system is newer than the update you are applying...

Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 1
Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 10.0? I have several users that are confused and overwhelmed by having multiple windows open up. Is there any way to enable/disable this feature? No there is not. Also there is no plan to change the current behavior. "mdrewes" wrote: > Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 10.0? I > have several users that are confused and overwhelmed by having multiple > windows open up. Is there any way to enable/disable this feature? Hence the word Windows Hence the word "windows&q...

Change listbox text size in Excel 2007
Using data validation list box function to display a named range, How can the text size be increased when displayed in the list box, How can the number of records displayed be increased from the default This can not be done. See link for further detail and possible workarounds: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Maxwell Crompton" wrote: > Using data validation list box function to display a named range, > How can the text size be increased when displayed in ...

Features of Money 2004 for Pocket PC
Can anyone tell me the list of features that the Pocket PC version of Money that comes with 2004 has? Does it have more than what was in the version that came with Money 2003. That version is limited at best. Is there something along the lines of Ultrasoft Money's version for the Palm? I need to be able to enter paychecks, investments, track investments by account. Thanks. Unfortunately, no new capabilities in the 2004 client. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Dan Rice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3aef01c3ca43$c2b97720$7d02280a@phx.gbl......