Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista

Hello,

I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on
machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go
about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the
program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that
describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally
have under windows XP?
And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about.

Thanks,

Eric

0
nomail545 (24)
7/7/2007 7:16:47 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money
> (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of
> "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that
> describes where to have the program installed installed and where to
> keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as
> an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP?
> And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about.

I've had no problems at all installing in Vista Ultimate. Just make
sure your data files are stored in a subdirectory of your user
directory. Mine is in a subdirectory of "Documents" labeled 'Money
data'.

Except for initial installation and downloaded updates, you don't need
administrator privileges. How you 'keep the rights as an
administrator' is not relevant to Money. Ask that question in a
Windows forum, if it concerns you.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
7/7/2007 7:26:22 PM
Thanks Chris,

I hardly ever have problems using MM 2007, but I found so many questions
about MM 2007 and windows vista that I thought I would have to follow some
steps to get it right first time.

Bye,

Eric
"Chris Cowles" <spam_magnet@remove-me-bellsouth.net> schreef in bericht
> "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007)
>> on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to
>> go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the
>> program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that
>> describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would
>> normally have under windows XP?
>> And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about.
>
> I've had no problems at all installing in Vista Ultimate. Just make sure
> your data files are stored in a subdirectory of your user directory. Mine
> is in a subdirectory of "Documents" labeled 'Money data'.
>
> Except for initial installation and downloaded updates, you don't need
> administrator privileges. How you 'keep the rights as an administrator' is
> not relevant to Money. Ask that question in a Windows forum, if it
> concerns you.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL

0
nomail545 (24)
7/7/2007 7:40:39 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Eric wrote:

>Thanks Chris,
>
>I hardly ever have problems using MM 2007, but I found so many questions
>about MM 2007 and windows vista that I thought I would have to follow some
>steps to get it right first time.

Be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that
you will have full privileges to, such as Documents/MyDocuments.
If they are in a place like ProgramFiles, Vista will create an
impermanent copy of the file for the user to use, unless the user
explicitly right-clicks at launch and choose RunAsAdministrator
that time.

Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox is in
IE Tools->InternetOptions->Advanced.

Right-click the Money icon and choose RunAsAdmistrator to let
updates happen.  Then reboot the computer.  Check that the Money
2007 version is 16.0.*.1303.

>Bye,
>
>Eric
>"Chris Cowles" <spam_magnet@remove-me-bellsouth.net> schreef in bericht
>> "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007)
>>> on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to
>>> go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the
>>> program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that
>>> describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would
>>> normally have under windows XP?
>>> And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about.
>>
>> I've had no problems at all installing in Vista Ultimate. Just make sure
>> your data files are stored in a subdirectory of your user directory. Mine
>> is in a subdirectory of "Documents" labeled 'Money data'.
>>
>> Except for initial installation and downloaded updates, you don't need
>> administrator privileges. How you 'keep the rights as an administrator' is
>> not relevant to Money. Ask that question in a Windows forum, if it
>> concerns you.
>> --
>> Chris Cowles
>> Gainesville, FL

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

How to make Access 2007 Navigation pane invisible?
I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays in a compiled .ade. Something else yet? Dean Slindee "Dean Slindee" <slindee@charter.net> wrote in message news:%23o1Zj8odKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck >Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays >in a compiled .ade. > > Something else yet? > > Dean Slinde...

Print Preview B&W
My print preview is also in B&W. Before installing Pub 07 it was fine. My color/grayscale icon is "non-clickable." ANY IDEAS? Yes. I assume you have an HP printer. this is a known bug and I reported it back in January. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Cybertyper" <Cybertyper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15E331BA-70BD-4C6B-98B9-9D69E2B81108@microsoft.com... > My print preview is also in B&W. Before installing Pub 07 it was fine. > My > color/grays...

Switching between multiple open windows
I ran across an option to change how to switch between multiple open windows on my desktop. It was an option to choose between hovering over a window or clicking on it. Thinking that only having to hover over a window to switch to it would save time, I selecting the option to hover... big mistake as it just became a big pain in the a_ _ for me. Now I would like to change back to one-clicking to change between viewed windows but can't remember or find where the option is located. Any help will be appreciated. -- rushl On 2/03/10, rushl posted: > I ran across an opti...

Writing to word 2007
I have a 2003 access database that writes data to text fields in a 2003 word document, no problems, I have now upgraded the database to 2007, and the same code although it appears to run ok, does not actually update the word document fields, i also tried converting the word document from 2003 to 2007. I data transfer using code from within access any thoughts? So no error message; it just doesn't seem top update, right. See this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/242017 I do it with docvariables. Are you using docvariables? If so, read this: http://w...

Outlook 2007: "Cannot save free/busy information"
Hi, all I have been getting the error message "Cannot save free/busy information" from Outlook frequently these days. It started when we changed our configuration from connecting to an Exchange server on the LAN to using a proxy Exchange server that forwards (I imagine) to another Exchange server on a different LAN. I have my profile configured to deliver to a local PST file. It seems that Outlook does successfully update free/busy info on the server sometimes; the error message appears fairly randomly - e.g. sometimes when I delete a meeting request, but not every time. An...

Only printing header in Windows Live Mail
My canon printer has suddenly stopped printing the email content - only the header. Printing in word, excel etc not affected. Using W7 (+ Firefox if that relavent). Any suggestions please Does you have the same problem if you try printing from IE? WLM depends on IE for printing services. Take a look at this: Print and Print Preview May Display Only Text at Top of Page http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272518 It's a similar problem for a different version but the fix may apply. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Jem" <Jem@discussions.mic...

Cannot open Money Deluxe 2007
New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it. Windows keeps shutting it down. Tried running as admin. Tried uninstalling, then reinstalling. Help! -- Karen In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote: >New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it. Windows >keeps shutting it down. Tried running as admin. Tried uninstalling, then >reinstalling. Help! What OS? Is there an error message? Were you successfully using Money on that new laptop? Did the problem occur recently? You might want to consider a system restore point from before the pr...

Outlook pop up windows stops outgoing mail
In the last 3 weeks I continue to get a pop up window titled "Enter Network Password". There is a key icon and the request: "Please type your user name and password." It then list my Server: (entered) Password: (entered with asterisk showing) I continually enter my Outlook password with Bellsouth and click the box "Save this password in your password list" and click "OK". Everything then works alright and then the window pops up again in 5 minutes. It happens over and over again. Anybody have any ideas on how to eliminate this? I use XP Pr...

Downloads checking account information into my Money 2006 Savings
I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file?-- Grasshopper In microsoft.public.money, New Money 2006 user wrote: >I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I >import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. >Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file? Is the problem you have the one described in http://support.microsoft....

Using Word 2003 in Vista: Opening dictionary shuts down Word
This is a problem in Vista; it did not occur when I used Word 2003 in XP. Whenever I try to open the dictionary in Word 2003, either by clicking its icon, or hitting Alt+click over a word, Word shuts down. Vista Business, Service Pack 2 Thinkpad T400, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 3GB RAM ...

Unable to open the outlook window.
I just downloaded Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to my computer. When I try to open Outlook, the window opens for about 2 seconds and then closes automatically. I received an error message: "cannot start microsoft office outlook. unable to open the outlok window. the server is not available. contact your system administrator if this problem persist." I'm have home based computer and don't have an administrator. Can anyone help? Did you create a profile with settings (email account, POP3 and SMPT server names, etc.) for Outlook to use? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Ti...

Dynamics CRM windows blocked by a pop-up blocker
Need some help resolving an issue. This morning opening records through Outlook CRM stopped working. When clicking on the item in Outlook, the following message would appear after a short delay: "A Microsoft Dynamics CRM window was unable to open, and may have been blocked by a pop-up blocker. Please add this Microsoft Dynamics CRM server to the list of the sites your pop-up blocker allows to open new windows:our server name" The following items have been done in an effort to resolve the problem: 1. Disabled IE pop-up blocker and checked computer for any other pop- up blockers...

in creating a pie chart in excel 2007
How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot I once tried 360 cells and got a wonderful Moiré pattern Why not just experiment with 1, 2, 3 dozen and see for yourself if the result is acceptable ? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "bsalohcin" <bsalohcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9CF7752-1816-4DCE-BF82-9C25033AE888@microsoft.com... > How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot According to MS:- Data series in one chart 255 (max limit) Data points in a...

Windows Media Player no picture 08-03-10
Vista windows Media Player 11 has sound and visualization but no picture on some AVI files. One file that does not respond is Fill Handle.exe. AVI which is a tutorial for Windows Office 2007. ...

One Record Per Page Printing-Access 2007
Report for daily appointments for senior transportation drivers. Report is grouped by Driver. Keep together is selected. Detail band: Keep together-Yes; Force New Page-Before Section; Can Grow-Yes; Can Shrink-Yes Goal: Report generated so each driver has his/her own appointments. Orientation: Landscape, paper size 8.5 x 14, column width: 13.5729"; column height: 0.3069" When previewing in Print Preview one record per page is appearing rather than all appointments for a driver for a given date. I have the bands as narrow as I can make them. I am missing somethi...

Windows XP Shared PC
We are using Outlook 2000. The PC, which already had Microsoft Office 2000 loaded on it, was upgraded from Win 98 to Win XP. I then created Windows XP logons for all four people that will be sharing this PC. When I did, the Outlook shortcut automatically ended up on the desktop of each person when they individually logged in. When I clicked the shortcut the first time I went in to each person's desktop, I setup the mail account for JUST THAT PERSON. And when I go back and log into each person's desktop it still shows ONLY THEIR ACCOUNT. However, whatever mail they receive ALS...

cannot get BCM to work on Office Enterprise 2007 and Windows 7
I have Windows 7 and Office enterprise 2007 and tried to install BCM 2007 and got it installed then opened Outlook and said it could not setup database. Is BCM 2007 compatible with Enterprise and Windows 7. Is there a work around? ...

Money 2006 to 2008
I got the dreaded notice that I needed to update so that I could continue my services. Was running 2006. No problems. Upgraded to Money Plus 2008. I really am using just the basic features for now. It takes *forever* to open. Once I do an online update and it completes, it takes about twice or three times as long to return control to me as 2006 did. Any way to speed it up? I'm running Vista on a not too ancient dual core 2.2 GHz with 4 GB RAM. In microsoft.public.money, Grouch wrote: >I got the dreaded notice that I needed to update so that I could >continue my services....

center text when conditional format applied
Textbox control on Access 2007 form lost its centered alignment when conditional formatting is applied. This did not happen in previous versions of Access. I tried using format painter to apply conditional formats from a control created in an earlier version, but this failed. The control created in the earlier version then lost it's centering after saving in Access 2007. -- Roy Handy Interesting. I tried to replicate this behaviour but failed, it all worked as it should. Try revisiting your form after applying the conditional formatting and resetting the text box to center text. ...

Restricting SubForm to One Record Entry Per Parent: Access 2007
Hello All, I have a one-to-one relationship between two table. I have successfully added the subform, but I get the option to add additional child records in the Datasheet View. This means that when a user tabs to the next row and enters data they get an error--and they should. Question: How do I restrict the subform to show only one row in Datasheet View? I hope I was clear. Feel free to ask for clarification. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Alcide, You have two options here. If the records are already added to the source of the subform you could set the &qu...

Windows Installer Configuration EVERY TIME!!!
Ok, so I am sure this sounds pretty familiar. Every time I open an office application, or an office document, I get a pop up of the windows installer and it starts running some mystery configuration process. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I have tried repairing the registry permissions. I have ripped all office traces out by force and done a clean install. I have rebuilt the registry, modified it, added some conditional entries, but to no avail. I have done it in the user account, and the built in administrator account. I have done both custom and full installs. ...

Macro for Internet Order Window
I want to create a macro to launch the CTL-SHIFT-F10 "Internet order" button (because I am going to make a custom button for it). However, I cannot record the macro because as soon as I hit CTRL-SHIFT-F10, the order popup window pops up and I cannot end the macro by doing SHIFT-F3. If I close the window, then hit SHIFT-F3 to end the macro, the macro just opens and then closes the internet order window. Is there another way to do it? Thanks, mickie No ideas? No one has done this? Mickie wrote: > I want to create a macro to launch the CTL-SHIFT-F10 "Int...

Access 2007 pivot
I have a complex query that is based on ERP data exports. I am supporting a multi-dimensional matrix organization. A pivot table would be a perfect tool for analysing sales, margins, and changes for different business units. I have been using Excel pivots a lot and also in this case started with excel. However, the amount of data and usability of reports limits the possibility to distributing information in excel. With Excel I was able to all the tricks especially using the calculated item functionality, which is missing from the access pivot component. What I would like to ha...

Vista getting shut down by a Trojan
Do anyone know what to to to scan for a Torjan on WinVista? This one shut the machine down within 5 minutes of startup. -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee Hey! Hey! Ho! Ho! Lying Stephen Harper has got to go! Hey! Hey! Ho! Ho! On 10/03/2010 13:10, The Doctor wrote: > Do anyone know what to to to scan for a Torjan on WinVista? > > This one shut the machine down within 5 minutes of...

Access 2007 Application title
Ok this is really silly, how do I get the file name of the currently open db in the title bar above the ribbon? Going to access options current database, if I select overlapping windows the title disappears, seems to only work with tabbed documents(I'm not overly fond of tabbed documents)? I am often working on more than one db..this title helps me keep track of which db I'm in. Is there some other setting I'm missing or am going to have to bite the bullet and get to like tabbed documents. Thanks ...