Money 2007 fails install on Vista RTM

Howdy!

I would love some advice on this.  On Friday I tried to reinstall Money 2007
on my freshly built Vista RTM machine, and the installation fails.

Tried about 8 times.. always fails about 98% of the way through the install,
and this is after a warning screen at initial install launch saying that this
application has known issues.

The bummer is that I had 2007 running on my machine on the Vista beta's but
the key there was likely that I installed 2007 on XP and the vista's were
upgrades.

Any hope, any suggestions?  I *need* to get this running as I am now daily
dependant on this application, and am dyin with it down.
0
Raichean (21)
11/20/2006 8:50:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

The last I heard was that MS need to issue a SP to enable M2007 to work with
Vista. Unfortunately I haven't heard any date for this.

Not much consolation to you but some people say they've had no problem.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"Raichean" <Raichean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Howdy!
>
> I would love some advice on this.  On Friday I tried to reinstall Money
> 2007
> on my freshly built Vista RTM machine, and the installation fails.
>
> Tried about 8 times.. always fails about 98% of the way through the
> install,
> and this is after a warning screen at initial install launch saying that
> this
> application has known issues.
>
> The bummer is that I had 2007 running on my machine on the Vista beta's
> but
> the key there was likely that I installed 2007 on XP and the vista's were
> upgrades.
>
> Any hope, any suggestions?  I *need* to get this running as I am now daily
> dependant on this application, and am dyin with it down.

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
11/20/2006 9:14:40 PM
Thanks and yeah.. huge bummer on this.  I need to get it working asap and was
hoping there was some ninja secret squirrel hint that could get me past that
last hurdle.

Stefan

"Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:

> The last I heard was that MS need to issue a SP to enable M2007 to work with
> Vista. Unfortunately I haven't heard any date for this.
>
> Not much consolation to you but some people say they've had no problem.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>

> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "Raichean" <Raichean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Howdy!
> >
> > I would love some advice on this.  On Friday I tried to reinstall Money
> > 2007
> > on my freshly built Vista RTM machine, and the installation fails.
> >
> > Tried about 8 times.. always fails about 98% of the way through the
> > install,
> > and this is after a warning screen at initial install launch saying that
> > this
> > application has known issues.
> >
> > The bummer is that I had 2007 running on my machine on the Vista beta's
> > but
> > the key there was likely that I installed 2007 on XP and the vista's were
> > upgrades.
> >
> > Any hope, any suggestions?  I *need* to get this running as I am now daily
> > dependant on this application, and am dyin with it down.

0
Raichean (21)
11/20/2006 9:26:01 PM
Sorry can't help. You *of course* read the "before you start" warnings and
backed up your hard drive before installing Vista, so you can go back to
that?!?

--

> Thanks and yeah.. huge bummer on this.  I need to get it working asap and
> was
> hoping there was some ninja secret squirrel hint that could get me past
> that
> last hurdle.
>
> Stefan
>
> "Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:
>
>> The last I heard was that MS need to issue a SP to enable M2007 to work
>> with
>> Vista. Unfortunately I haven't heard any date for this.
>>
>> Not much consolation to you but some people say they've had no problem.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For UK tips & fixes see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>>

>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>
>> "Raichean" <Raichean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Howdy!
>> >
>> > I would love some advice on this.  On Friday I tried to reinstall Money
>> > 2007
>> > on my freshly built Vista RTM machine, and the installation fails.
>> >
>> > Tried about 8 times.. always fails about 98% of the way through the
>> > install,
>> > and this is after a warning screen at initial install launch saying
>> > that
>> > this
>> > application has known issues.
>> >
>> > The bummer is that I had 2007 running on my machine on the Vista beta's
>> > but
>> > the key there was likely that I installed 2007 on XP and the vista's
>> > were
>> > upgrades.
>> >
>> > Any hope, any suggestions?  I *need* to get this running as I am now
>> > daily
>> > dependant on this application, and am dyin with it down.

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
11/21/2006 6:19:43 AM
What version of Money 2007 are running?  I am running Money 2007 Deluxe on
Vista RTM just fine.  I do get the prompt to upgrade constantly, but still
need to try the solution here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811

I haven't yet installed the SP update, since I had tried once and then it
would never recognize me as online to sign in.  Going to try again over the
weekend.

Money does work on Vista, with a few minor hitches, though I had no problems
with the install on the Deluxe edition.

0
ken1271 (1)
11/21/2006 4:30:08 PM
Bob, I appreicate that, but I am certainly not going to take off the entire
OS just for Money.  In theory, could I reinstall XP, install Money, upgrade
Vista instead of fresh install?  Of course.. is that a reasonable
alternative.

I was hoping there might be some suggestions, but apparently their aren't.

"Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:

> Sorry can't help. You *of course* read the "before you start" warnings and
> backed up your hard drive before installing Vista, so you can go back to
> that?!?
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>

> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "Raichean" <Raichean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks and yeah.. huge bummer on this.  I need to get it working asap and
> > was
> > hoping there was some ninja secret squirrel hint that could get me past
> > that
> > last hurdle.
> >
> > Stefan
> >
> > "Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> The last I heard was that MS need to issue a SP to enable M2007 to work
> >> with
> >> Vista. Unfortunately I haven't heard any date for this.
> >>
> >> Not much consolation to you but some people say they've had no problem.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards
> >> Bob Peel,
> >> Microsoft MVP - Money
> >>
> >> For UK tips & fixes see
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> >>

> >> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
> >>
> >> "Raichean" <Raichean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Raichean (21)
11/21/2006 5:05:03 PM
Ok.. well bizarre, but the install worked perfectly today.  *shrug*  It
works.. that is all I care about at this point!  8)

Stefan

"Ken Robertson" wrote:

> What version of Money 2007 are running?  I am running Money 2007 Deluxe on
> Vista RTM just fine.  I do get the prompt to upgrade constantly, but still
> need to try the solution here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811
>
> I haven't yet installed the SP update, since I had tried once and then it
> would never recognize me as online to sign in.  Going to try again over the
> weekend.
>
> Money does work on Vista, with a few minor hitches, though I had no problems
> with the install on the Deluxe edition.

0
Raichean (21)

Outlook 2007 error when closing
Hi, Why am I getting this error when closing Outlook 2007. "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" and it shows a check box "Restart Microsoft Office Outlook". I'm getting below details when clicking "What data does this error report contain?" Error Signature: Appname:outlook.exe Appver: 12.0.6514.5000 AppStamp: 4a89dc70 Modulename: dccmsp32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2009.929 ModStamp: 39d4133c fDebug: 0 Offset: 00005346 Please help. Thanks in ad...

How to open MS Excell 2007 Sheet in MS Excell 2000???
Hello, All! Is anybody know any converter for this trouble or how to . . .??? With best regards, Alek Luchnikov. E-mail: alekluch---FORSPAMERS---1983@mail.ru REMOVE ---FORSPAMERS--- Alek Luchnikov wrote: > Hello, All! > > Is anybody know any converter for this trouble or how to . . .??? > > With best regards, Alek Luchnikov. > E-mail: alekluch---FORSPAMERS---1983@mail.ru REMOVE ---FORSPAMERS--- > > Search for Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack. It should have prompted you to download it when you open the doc. Once it's installed you will be able to vi...

money plus download
i had money 2006. i tried the free trial of money plus. now i can't use my money plus back-up file with any other money software. i don't want to purchase the money plus and have to start all over again with a new software. In microsoft.public.money, lucy in md <lucy in md@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i had money 2006. i tried the free trial of money plus. now i can't use my >money plus back-up file with any other money software. > >i don't want to purchase the money plus and have to start all over again >with a new software. Reinstall Money 2...

Excel 2007 and Word 2007 Hangs when using the File -> Open command
I have a couple users that when they have Excel 2007 or Word 2007 open, and click the File -> Open option, and choose a file, it either takes about 3 minutes to open the file or the program will crash. If they were to double click on the documents or spreadsheets, the doc or sheet will open right up. This is happening on the user's Hard drive as well as network drives. Once you get a file opened in Word or Excel, however, the next time you go to File -> Open, it's really fast to open the file. ...

2007 Public Folder Replicas
In my 2007 design I have two boxes with the HT/CAS roles installed and a CCR cluster (which doesn't support public folder replicas apparently). So where will my PF replicas live? Will this require yet another server? ...

Ms Money hangs when generately monthly reports
I am using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Trial Version 17.0.120.727, and everytime I generate monthly reports under the Reports Tab I will encounter the following error and MS money will hang & close. Any idea what's wrong with ms money? Error message:- Runtime Error! Program: ... gram Files\Microsoft Money Plus\MNYCoreFiles\msmoney.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminte it in an unusual way Please contact the application's support team for more information ...

what version of capicom do i have installed and graceful failing of createobject
Set capicom = createObject("CAPICOM.Utilities.1") Running that produces the following error: Script: C:\path\to\capicom.vbs Line: 1 Char: 1 Error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'CAPICOM.Utilities.1' Code: 800A01AD Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error My question is two fold. First, why can't I create that object? <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa388182%28VS.85%29.aspx> states that CAPICOM.Utilities.1 requires you have CAPICOM v2.0 or later installed. How can I find out what version I have installed? ...

CPropertySheet create failing when adding to dialog box
Hi all, I am having problems with a class that I made that inherits from CPropertySheet. I need to add this class to a dialog box with the following code: m_appPropSheet.AddPage(m_saleIllustrationPropPageClientOne); m_appPropSheet.AddPage(m_saleIllustrationPropPageClientTwo); m_appPropSheet.Create(this, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 0); m_appPropSheet.EnableStackedTabs(FALSE); m_appPropSheet.ModifyStyleEx (0, WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT); m_appPropSheet->ModifyStyle(0, WS_TABSTOP); m_appPropSheet.SetWindowPos(NULL, 0, 25, 0, 0, SWP_NOZORDER | SWP_NOSIZE | SWP_NOACTIVATE); ...

newbie, missing OWC11 and Office WEb Components on install
I had a configured instance of SQL SErver Express 2005 and am trying to install to the sql server express advanced edition onto this first instance as well as the toolkit. I follow the instructions for getting the right instance it goes through the install but I get an error in the log regarding the OWC11 doesn't get installed and it wants something more than OFfice 2003? It wants the office web components. What am I missing to get this installed? I have IIS running. thanks, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 9.00.4035.00 ============================== OS Version : ...

Excell 2007 messing up graphics
I have an invoice Excel sheet setup with my company logo on it. For some reason Excel 2007 messes it up during printing. It prints it about 10 times the size. I tried to re create the work sheet and it still will not print the graphic. It show it ok but will not print it. When I go to Print Preview the logo (JPG graphing) is not seen at all. Any Ideas what is going on? ...

Outlook 2007 #34
I have a Toshiba laptop running XP. I replaced Office for Teacher and Student 2003 with Office Home and Student 2007 and replaced Outlook 2002 with Outlook 2007. The problems I was having with Outlook 2002 were as follows: The incoming emails would repete 5-10 times upon loading on my computer. The status would just keep showing numbers 50%,25%,8%,0%,2% etc.....in no logical order or sequence. Messages I was trying to send would just stay in the out box. When you first open Outlook 2002 it would say that it was not closed properly and would look for errors (even though it was closed p...

Downgrade version of Money 2008
I have purchased Money 2008 Plus Home & Buisness and I no longer need the buisness portion of the application. Is there any way that I could downgrade to the Home Deluxe edition with out being charged? Nope. Unless you bought the package in the last 30 days you will just have to carry on using it but ignore the Business features. If in the future you buy a non-Business version you will get nags about losing functionality but you can just ignore them. If you did buy in the last 30 days you can return for a refund but you will then have to buy Deluxe. IMHO not worth the hassle. -- ...

Infos on MS Money 2004 International Version
Hi All, Like others, I've been trying to track down information on where I can get the international version of MSM2004. Here's what I've found so far: The International version (as opposed to US or UK versions) is primarily sold in Australia/New Zealand/etc., but is also available in Europe (specifically in Switzerland). The Microsoft Part-No. is 105-00462, which can be googled easily. I have an order outstanding for this product and will feed back as soon as I've received it. Another thing: there seems only to be a 'standard' version for international users. "...

download statements in money 03
Please advise!!!!!.....after downloading statements, im not able to load them into my registry. money still says i have statements to view but how can i add them and update my account. i havent been on money in a few months. please help :( In microsoft.public.money, Zags wrote: >Please advise!!!!!.....after downloading statements, im >not able to load them into my registry. money still says >i have statements to view but how can i add them and >update my account. i havent been on money in a few >months. please help :( Close Money In Internet Explorer delete your brow...

How can I customize the right-click context menu in Word 2007
I use cut & paste of imported text a lot in both Word 2007 and Excel 2007. In Excel the right-click context menu includes Paste Special; in Word it does not. How can I add Paste Special to the Word context menu? See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Steve Samson" <SteveSamson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A20FD91E-CFE2-402A-8A54-9F58880A3126@micros...

Can't Install Office 2008 for Mac at all
Hi there everyone, I pray someone can help me before I throw my mac through the window. This is the second time I am having this problem. My office just stopped working and no matter what I did I could not open any of the programs, so I uninstalled everything, Microsoft and the preferences. I have now tried to re-install office off disk and I can't even get it to launch I keep getting an error message saying installer created an error and please report which I have done a thousand times. I have restarted the mac and emtied the Trash so there is nothing relating to office...

setting up Vista-microsoft mail-getting POP3 server error message
What am I doing wrong? Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and service provider TWC or Time Warner Cable and the error message comes up. What should I do? Can you help me? On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:27:09 -0700, "asilocreo" <asilocreo@microsoft.com> wrote: >What am I doing wrong? >Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about >the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and >service provider TWC or Ti...

open excel 2007 refresh query from batch file
Hello all, I have a simple script saved as "C:\refresh_excel.vbs" that opens an Excel file, and does a refresh for a query on Sheet 1. I created a scheduled task to run this every day. It worked fine for previous versions of Excel, but since I have upgraded to Excel 2007 it doesn't work. Any help it helping me figure this out would be appreciated. /*contents of refresh_excel.vbs*/ Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application") objExcel.Visible = True Set objWorkBook = objExcel.Workbooks.Open("C:\reports\UPS.xls") objWorkbook.Sheets("...

Publisher 2007 Error, Windows Vista
I have an issue using Publisher 2007 on Windows Vista 32bit. When attempting to print (or print preview) the user interface locks up and my only option is to ctl-alt-del. I cannot switch windows, I cannot bring up task manager. The UI still displays updates (outside of Publisher), but I cannot "use" any of the interface except the Windows Security menu via ctl-alt-del. If I attempt a logout I can force Publisher to stop. This is followed by two logged events: --- 1. Source: Office 12, Event ID 5000 The description for Event ID 5000 from source Microsoft Office 12 cannot be ...

Project Server 2007
I have a clean install of PS2007 - SP2 on WSS in a small farm environment - DB server on another box. My installation "mostly" works, however, I am receiving an "unknown error" message when I try to edit the RBS. The item gets checked out and the "unknown error" message appears on the top of the page with only the Cancel button available. I've checked the logs and don't see anything obvious, the event logs on both machines aren't showing anything and I'm fairly stumped. Any insight, ideas, things to try would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in adv...

ms money trial, converting from quicken, missing categorie
i downloaded the ms money 2006 trial, and did the conversion from quicken 2005. all seems well. except i have 11,000+ transactions with missing categories i've tried removing all categories in money 2006 before the conversion, same number of transactions missing categories i've tried loading all the categories in money 2006, and doing the conversion. same number of transactions any help? this is definately a show stopper :-( jd In microsoft.public.money, john dekker wrote: >i downloaded the ms money 2006 trial, and did the conversion from quicken >2005. all seems wel...

Exchange 2007 behind NAT/RPC over HTTP
Hi, I have an Exchange 2007 server behind a NAT router. I want to configure RPC over HTTP (Outlook anywhere) on it. HTTP/HTTPS is working on it as expected (the NAT router forwards ports 443 and 80 to Exchange's internal IP address). I have enabled Outlook Anywhere in the Exch. management console, specified external hostname and clicked the "Basic Auhtentication" checkbox (from what I understand that's required in order to make it work over SSL) - the SSL offloading is not enabled. I'm trying to configure Outlook 2003 to connect to it but I haven't been...

MS Money 2005 and the internet
Why does MS Money insist on connecting to the internet when you open a file? Can I make it not do this? What about users that aren't connected? A1) Apparently because Microsoft thinks Most Users Prefer(tm) it this way. A2) No that anybody knows of short of disabling the network. A3) It fails to connect. "pickle" <pickle@comcast.net> wrote in message news:SrKdnaq2IfCqKZvfRVn-pQ@comcast.com... > Why does MS Money insist on connecting to the internet when you open a > file? Can I make it not do this? > > What about users that aren't connected? > ...

Money 2006 standard to Delux
Hi, I have purchased Money 2006 standard edition and during the startup it offered to upgrade to Delux. I have tried several times following the links. That’s what I'm getting when I try tu upgrade: We're sorry; there are no plans available. This can happen for one of the following reasons: You currently have this plan or a similar plan. You have previously purchased this plan. This plan is not available in your Country or Region. And right after that the plan is listed as Microsoft Money 2006 Standard. Any ideas? --Venelin money sucks "vvoykov" <vvoykov@discuss...

Extra Rows in Excel 2007
I recently upgraded to Excel 2007 from 2002, and a lot of the spreadsheets seem to have something extra in the rows below the end of the data. Two examples: 1) I went to the bottom of the data in a spreadsheet and made a new entry. As soon as I hit enter, the spreadsheet started scrolling down and wouldn't stop for a couple of thousand rows. 2) I saved a spreadsheet as a csv file and another application that uses the file started having problems. So I opened the csv file in WordPad and saw a couple of hundred rows of commas. That never happened with Excel 2002. I opened the ...