Money 2007 Deluxe and SP1 Update

When I start Money 2007 I am told there is an important update (or something 
similar) and to click OK to download. I click download and it appears to 
download.

Then when I restart Money 2007 I am told the update failed and to try again.

Running XP Pro SP2 


0
RHinNC
11/18/2006 4:19:06 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

13 Replies
602 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 21

MS is currently having a problem with the download updating I suggest 
contacting them at 1-866-834-8741 or waiting a couple days and trying again 
for now you can click Cancel
Steve
"RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:OTGcB1yCHHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> When I start Money 2007 I am told there is an important update (or 
> something similar) and to click OK to download. I click download and it 
> appears to download.
>
> Then when I restart Money 2007 I am told the update failed and to try 
> again.
>
> Running XP Pro SP2
> 


0
11/18/2006 4:20:05 PM
Thanks

"Steve" <steven_morrison69@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:OuWp86yCHHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> MS is currently having a problem with the download updating I suggest 
> contacting them at 1-866-834-8741 or waiting a couple days and trying 
> again for now you can click Cancel
> Steve
> "RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:OTGcB1yCHHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> When I start Money 2007 I am told there is an important update (or 
>> something similar) and to click OK to download. I click download and it 
>> appears to download.
>>
>> Then when I restart Money 2007 I am told the update failed and to try 
>> again.
>>
>> Running XP Pro SP2
>>
>
> 


0
RHinNC
11/18/2006 4:39:03 PM
MS have found out there is a problem and to try again tommrow
Steve
"RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:OTGcB1yCHHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> When I start Money 2007 I am told there is an important update (or 
> something similar) and to click OK to download. I click download and it 
> appears to download.
>
> Then when I restart Money 2007 I am told the update failed and to try 
> again.
>
> Running XP Pro SP2
> 


0
11/18/2006 5:24:24 PM
Must be fixed as I just downloaded and installed the update...

"RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:OTGcB1yCHHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> When I start Money 2007 I am told there is an important update (or 
> something similar) and to click OK to download. I click download and it 
> appears to download.
>
> Then when I restart Money 2007 I am told the update failed and to try 
> again.
>
> Running XP Pro SP2
> 


0
RHinNC
11/19/2006 2:29:57 AM
Feb 4, 2007 --- bought Money Premium 2007 (upgrading from 2006).

Install went well (auto-uninstalled 2006 then laid down 2007). Invoked and 
got that "update" message. Click ok... Didn't start right away since it took 
some time to backup close my converted file. Click Ok again and files start 
to download.

After quite some time, download finishes (~99%) and then says "failed". Try 
again. That doesn't work.

Uninstalled (from my G: drive) and re-installed to my C: drive in case the 
app is picky. Restarted between uninstal/reinstall... No luck...

Ideas?

Thanks,

martin in NH

"RHinNC" wrote:

> Must be fixed as I just downloaded and installed the update...
> 
> "RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:OTGcB1yCHHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > When I start Money 2007 I am told there is an important update (or 
> > something similar) and to click OK to download. I click download and it 
> > appears to download.
> >
> > Then when I restart Money 2007 I am told the update failed and to try 
> > again.
> >
> > Running XP Pro SP2
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
NHGR8HND (1)
2/5/2007 5:20:00 PM
Just wondering if you were able to get teh update as I just purchased 2007 
deluxe version and am having the same issue.

thanks

"NHGR8HND" wrote:

> Feb 4, 2007 --- bought Money Premium 2007 (upgrading from 2006).
> 
> Install went well (auto-uninstalled 2006 then laid down 2007). Invoked and 
> got that "update" message. Click ok... Didn't start right away since it took 
> some time to backup close my converted file. Click Ok again and files start 
> to download.
> 
> After quite some time, download finishes (~99%) and then says "failed". Try 
> again. That doesn't work.
> 
> Uninstalled (from my G: drive) and re-installed to my C: drive in case the 
> app is picky. Restarted between uninstal/reinstall... No luck...
> 
> Ideas?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> martin in NH
> 
> "RHinNC" wrote:
> 
> > Must be fixed as I just downloaded and installed the update...
> > 
> > "RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message 
> > news:OTGcB1yCHHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > > When I start Money 2007 I am told there is an important update (or 
> > > something similar) and to click OK to download. I click download and it 
> > > appears to download.
> > >
> > > Then when I restart Money 2007 I am told the update failed and to try 
> > > again.
> > >
> > > Running XP Pro SP2
> > > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
capt601 (17)
4/1/2007 4:08:03 AM
any one get this to work yet.  i am still unable to get teh update, as it 
fails everytime it tries at 99%.

"capt601" wrote:

> Just wondering if you were able to get teh update as I just purchased 2007 
> deluxe version and am having the same issue.
> 
> thanks
> 
> "NHGR8HND" wrote:
> 
> > Feb 4, 2007 --- bought Money Premium 2007 (upgrading from 2006).
> > 
> > Install went well (auto-uninstalled 2006 then laid down 2007). Invoked and 
> > got that "update" message. Click ok... Didn't start right away since it took 
> > some time to backup close my converted file. Click Ok again and files start 
> > to download.
> > 
> > After quite some time, download finishes (~99%) and then says "failed". Try 
> > again. That doesn't work.
> > 
> > Uninstalled (from my G: drive) and re-installed to my C: drive in case the 
> > app is picky. Restarted between uninstal/reinstall... No luck...
> > 
> > Ideas?
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > 
> > martin in NH
> > 
> > "RHinNC" wrote:
> > 
> > > Must be fixed as I just downloaded and installed the update...
> > > 
> > > "RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message 
> > > news:OTGcB1yCHHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > > > When I start Money 2007 I am told there is an important update (or 
> > > > something similar) and to click OK to download. I click download and it 
> > > > appears to download.
> > > >
> > > > Then when I restart Money 2007 I am told the update failed and to try 
> > > > again.
> > > >
> > > > Running XP Pro SP2
> > > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
0
capt601 (17)
4/13/2007 2:20:01 AM
anyone figure this out yet????? still getting a fail at 99%, everytime.

"capt601" wrote:

> any one get this to work yet.  i am still unable to get teh update, as it 
> fails everytime it tries at 99%.
> 
> "capt601" wrote:
> 
> > Just wondering if you were able to get teh update as I just purchased 2007 
> > deluxe version and am having the same issue.
> > 
> > thanks
> > 
> > "NHGR8HND" wrote:
> > 
> > > Feb 4, 2007 --- bought Money Premium 2007 (upgrading from 2006).
> > > 
> > > Install went well (auto-uninstalled 2006 then laid down 2007). Invoked and 
> > > got that "update" message. Click ok... Didn't start right away since it took 
> > > some time to backup close my converted file. Click Ok again and files start 
> > > to download.
> > > 
> > > After quite some time, download finishes (~99%) and then says "failed". Try 
> > > again. That doesn't work.
> > > 
> > > Uninstalled (from my G: drive) and re-installed to my C: drive in case the 
> > > app is picky. Restarted between uninstal/reinstall... No luck...
> > > 
> > > Ideas?
> > > 
> > > Thanks,
> > > 
> > > martin in NH
> > > 
> > > "RHinNC" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Must be fixed as I just downloaded and installed the update...
> > > > 
> > > > "RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message 
> > > > news:OTGcB1yCHHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > > > > When I start Money 2007 I am told there is an important update (or 
> > > > > something similar) and to click OK to download. I click download and it 
> > > > > appears to download.
> > > > >
> > > > > Then when I restart Money 2007 I am told the update failed and to try 
> > > > > again.
> > > > >
> > > > > Running XP Pro SP2
> > > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > 
0
capt601 (17)
5/1/2007 5:07:01 PM
In microsoft.public.money, capt601 wrote:

>anyone figure this out yet????? still getting a fail at 99%, everytime.

So you are running XP Pro SP2, you bought Money Premium 2007 with a
retail disk (upgrading from 2006). You installed Money on the C
drive.

What error message are you getting ? 

Do you run Norton?

What software firewall do you run?


>
>"capt601" wrote:
>
>> any one get this to work yet.  i am still unable to get teh update, as it 
>> fails everytime it tries at 99%.
>> 
>> "capt601" wrote:
>> 
>> > Just wondering if you were able to get teh update as I just purchased 2007 
>> > deluxe version and am having the same issue.
>> > 
>> > thanks
>> > 
>> > "NHGR8HND" wrote:
>> > 
>> > > Feb 4, 2007 --- bought Money Premium 2007 (upgrading from 2006).
>> > > 
>> > > Install went well (auto-uninstalled 2006 then laid down 2007). Invoked and 
>> > > got that "update" message. Click ok... Didn't start right away since it took 
>> > > some time to backup close my converted file. Click Ok again and files start 
>> > > to download.
>> > > 
>> > > After quite some time, download finishes (~99%) and then says "failed". Try 
>> > > again. That doesn't work.
>> > > 
>> > > Uninstalled (from my G: drive) and re-installed to my C: drive in case the 
>> > > app is picky. Restarted between uninstal/reinstall... No luck...
>> > > 
>> > > Ideas?
>> > > 
>> > > Thanks,
>> > > 
>> > > martin in NH
>> > > 
>> > > "RHinNC" wrote:
>> > > 
>> > > > Must be fixed as I just downloaded and installed the update...
>> > > > 
>> > > > "RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message 
>> > > > news:OTGcB1yCHHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> > > > > When I start Money 2007 I am told there is an important update (or 
>> > > > > something similar) and to click OK to download. I click download and it 
>> > > > > appears to download.
>> > > > >
>> > > > > Then when I restart Money 2007 I am told the update failed and to try 
>> > > > > again.
>> > > > >
>> > > > > Running XP Pro SP2
>> > > > > 
>> > > > 
>> > > > 
>> > > > 
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/1/2007 6:08:47 PM
Yes!  I'm installing Money 2007 Deluxe on Windows XP SP2 and was getting the 
some behavior/error.  Tried everything.  4 reinstalls...the works.  I have a 
free version McAfee from Comcast installed.  I disabled McAfee, XP firewall, 
and set all defaults in IE7 and was still getting 99% download and error 
message on install of the updates.

SOLUTION: Right-click the Money 07 icon (desktop or programs menu) and 
select "Run As".  I used the Administrator account. 

Finally worked!

"capt601" wrote:

> anyone figure this out yet????? still getting a fail at 99%, everytime.
> 
> "capt601" wrote:
> 
> > any one get this to work yet.  i am still unable to get teh update, as it 
> > fails everytime it tries at 99%.
> > 
> > "capt601" wrote:
> > 
> > > Just wondering if you were able to get teh update as I just purchased 2007 
> > > deluxe version and am having the same issue.
> > > 
> > > thanks
> > > 
> > > "NHGR8HND" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Feb 4, 2007 --- bought Money Premium 2007 (upgrading from 2006).
> > > > 
> > > > Install went well (auto-uninstalled 2006 then laid down 2007). Invoked and 
> > > > got that "update" message. Click ok... Didn't start right away since it took 
> > > > some time to backup close my converted file. Click Ok again and files start 
> > > > to download.
> > > > 
> > > > After quite some time, download finishes (~99%) and then says "failed". Try 
> > > > again. That doesn't work.
> > > > 
> > > > Uninstalled (from my G: drive) and re-installed to my C: drive in case the 
> > > > app is picky. Restarted between uninstal/reinstall... No luck...
> > > > 
> > > > Ideas?
> > > > 
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > 
> > > > martin in NH
> > > > 
> > > > "RHinNC" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Must be fixed as I just downloaded and installed the update...
> > > > > 
> > > > > "RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message 
> > > > > news:OTGcB1yCHHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > > > > > When I start Money 2007 I am told there is an important update (or 
> > > > > > something similar) and to click OK to download. I click download and it 
> > > > > > appears to download.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Then when I restart Money 2007 I am told the update failed and to try 
> > > > > > again.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Running XP Pro SP2
> > > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
0
Nick4562 (282)
5/8/2007 8:08:02 PM

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, capt601 wrote:
> 
> >anyone figure this out yet????? still getting a fail at 99%, everytime.
> 
> So you are running XP Pro SP2, you bought Money Premium 2007 with a
> retail disk (upgrading from 2006). You installed Money on the C
> drive.

Yes to all above.
> 
> What error message are you getting ?  "money was unable to install the update" and tells me that I should try again to install the update.  no kidding!
> 
> Do you run Norton?  yes
> 
> What software firewall do you run? zone alarm pro

I have tried it already with Norton and Zonealarm disabled.

anything else?

capt601
> 
> 
> >
> >"capt601" wrote:
> >
> >> any one get this to work yet.  i am still unable to get teh update, as it 
> >> fails everytime it tries at 99%.
> >> 
> >> "capt601" wrote:
> >> 
> >> > Just wondering if you were able to get teh update as I just purchased 2007 
> >> > deluxe version and am having the same issue.
> >> > 
> >> > thanks
> >> > 
> >> > "NHGR8HND" wrote:
> >> > 
> >> > > Feb 4, 2007 --- bought Money Premium 2007 (upgrading from 2006).
> >> > > 
> >> > > Install went well (auto-uninstalled 2006 then laid down 2007). Invoked and 
> >> > > got that "update" message. Click ok... Didn't start right away since it took 
> >> > > some time to backup close my converted file. Click Ok again and files start 
> >> > > to download.
> >> > > 
> >> > > After quite some time, download finishes (~99%) and then says "failed". Try 
> >> > > again. That doesn't work.
> >> > > 
> >> > > Uninstalled (from my G: drive) and re-installed to my C: drive in case the 
> >> > > app is picky. Restarted between uninstal/reinstall... No luck...
> >> > > 
> >> > > Ideas?
> >> > > 
> >> > > Thanks,
> >> > > 
> >> > > martin in NH
> >> > > 
> >> > > "RHinNC" wrote:
> >> > > 
> >> > > > Must be fixed as I just downloaded and installed the update...
> >> > > > 
> >> > > > "RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message 
> >> > > > news:OTGcB1yCHHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> >> > > > > When I start Money 2007 I am told there is an important update (or 
> >> > > > > something similar) and to click OK to download. I click download and it 
> >> > > > > appears to download.
> >> > > > >
> >> > > > > Then when I restart Money 2007 I am told the update failed and to try 
> >> > > > > again.
> >> > > > >
> >> > > > > Running XP Pro SP2
> >> > > > > 
> >> > > > 
> >> > > > 
> >> > > > 
> 
0
capt601 (17)
5/13/2007 6:15:00 AM
when I try the run as I get an error message" The service cannon be started. 
either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices associated with 
it."

"Nick" wrote:

> Yes!  I'm installing Money 2007 Deluxe on Windows XP SP2 and was getting the 
> some behavior/error.  Tried everything.  4 reinstalls...the works.  I have a 
> free version McAfee from Comcast installed.  I disabled McAfee, XP firewall, 
> and set all defaults in IE7 and was still getting 99% download and error 
> message on install of the updates.
> 
> SOLUTION: Right-click the Money 07 icon (desktop or programs menu) and 
> select "Run As".  I used the Administrator account. 
> 
> Finally worked!
> 
> "capt601" wrote:
> 
> > anyone figure this out yet????? still getting a fail at 99%, everytime.
> > 
> > "capt601" wrote:
> > 
> > > any one get this to work yet.  i am still unable to get teh update, as it 
> > > fails everytime it tries at 99%.
> > > 
> > > "capt601" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Just wondering if you were able to get teh update as I just purchased 2007 
> > > > deluxe version and am having the same issue.
> > > > 
> > > > thanks
> > > > 
> > > > "NHGR8HND" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Feb 4, 2007 --- bought Money Premium 2007 (upgrading from 2006).
> > > > > 
> > > > > Install went well (auto-uninstalled 2006 then laid down 2007). Invoked and 
> > > > > got that "update" message. Click ok... Didn't start right away since it took 
> > > > > some time to backup close my converted file. Click Ok again and files start 
> > > > > to download.
> > > > > 
> > > > > After quite some time, download finishes (~99%) and then says "failed". Try 
> > > > > again. That doesn't work.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Uninstalled (from my G: drive) and re-installed to my C: drive in case the 
> > > > > app is picky. Restarted between uninstal/reinstall... No luck...
> > > > > 
> > > > > Ideas?
> > > > > 
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > 
> > > > > martin in NH
> > > > > 
> > > > > "RHinNC" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > Must be fixed as I just downloaded and installed the update...
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > "RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message 
> > > > > > news:OTGcB1yCHHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > > > > > > When I start Money 2007 I am told there is an important update (or 
> > > > > > > something similar) and to click OK to download. I click download and it 
> > > > > > > appears to download.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Then when I restart Money 2007 I am told the update failed and to try 
> > > > > > > again.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Running XP Pro SP2
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
0
capt601 (17)
5/13/2007 6:18:00 AM
In microsoft.public.money, capt601 wrote:

>
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, capt601 wrote:
>> 
>> >anyone figure this out yet????? still getting a fail at 99%, everytime.
>> 
>> So you are running XP Pro SP2, you bought Money Premium 2007 with a
>> retail disk (upgrading from 2006). You installed Money on the C
>> drive.
>
>Yes to all above.
>> 
>> What error message are you getting ?  "money was unable to install the update" and tells me that I should try again to install the update.  no kidding!
>> 
>> Do you run Norton?  yes
>> 
>> What software firewall do you run? zone alarm pro
>
>I have tried it already with Norton and Zonealarm disabled.

Norton users often report that disabling Norton is not effective.
Uninstall Norton. Install Money and get that working. Then
re-install Norton.


>
>anything else?
>
>capt601
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/15/2007 1:51:45 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Money: Err Msg: Path Has Not Been Properly Set Up
please help.... Microsoft Money. The path is not properly set up in the registry or has been moved after running Money's Setup. Please re-install Money. Otherwise, Money may not be able to run properly. re-instal wont help deleting registry entry dasn.t help. windowx xp sp2 Ms Money 97 (v.5.0) .. Are you using an administrator account to run the software? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://registe...

Money 2005 #50
Trying to restore my date from old xp computer to new vista computer. Loaded program ok, set the path to new location, am logged on with admin rights, when i try o restore says cannot open file. Have not had this on other computers? Need ideas? Thx how did you transfer your *.mny file? If you used a CD or DVD your file becomes read only. You have to manually go into to Windows Explorer and change it back to read/write. -- Peace, BobJ "meg85" <meg85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDA84068-4797-4B43-B215-750D689F8F35@microsoft.com... > Trying to re...

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

Money Central Portfolio #2
My print function has gotten corupted. When I print it flips to WORD / format and prints in a format that is 4x normal. ...

Problems Converting Data from Quicken 2001 Deluxe to MS Money
Hello, I have a relatively new Compaq Desktop (2.5 GHz Celeron with 512 MB RAM). I have a Viewsonic Pocket PC and I wanted to use it to track my financial data so I purchased Money 2003 Standard. I tried several times to convert my Qucken Data (it's a big file--I've been using Quicken since 1995). My Quicken program is Quicken 2001 Deluxe. Anyway, the MS Money program started to convert and after a few minutes said: "Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing othe...

Trying to create an Update query based on HR data to find upline V
Hi All, looking for some advice. I have an HR table that contains employee information but does not contain management chain info. Basically i am trying to determine who the employees upline VP is. The fields i have to work with are [Employee Name], [Manager Name] and [Job Title]. I figure the logic would be to check the employees' manager and if the manager is a VP (based on job title), return the manager's name to a field called [VP]. If the manager is not a VP then check that manager's manager, so on and so forth until a VP is found. Any ideas would be much appr...

loan amortisatio chart not updating
Hi, I use MS Monet 2007 premium. I have created a loan amortisation account which breaks up my monthly instslment into pricipal and interest. The loan commencd from 7 October 2005 and is for a period of 5 years. The problem is that the loan account does ot show any loan instalments beyond 7 October 2006 (exactly 1 year after the commencement). Why is this happening. Why is the account not updating with instalments which have been debited to my account after 7 October 2007. Please help. Were you depending on downloaded transaction data for this account? Did the download link br...

Insert,Update Data in sage (MS Access Linked tables) using Vb.net form
Hi folks, I am developing application using vb.net which requires integration with SAGE LINE 50 (Accounting software ) V11... The data which SAGE is using is MC ACCESS 2003 database... with linked tables in it... Now I Have developed the Sage connection using ODBC which works fine when reading the record but cannot Add or Update record into the Linked tables.... When i debug the program the error is at the line where it has... <br> MyodbcCommand.ExecutenonQuery() <br> Can anybody Help ????? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/acce...

Time update as a limited user not working
I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does not work. When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. How can I get it to work. Thanks. On Apr 4, 12:33=A0pm, Mint <chocolatemint77...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does > not work. > When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. > > How can I get it to work. > > Thanks. Is this Windows MCE SP2? What method did you use to add time update permission to your limited user account? Does your unlimited user accou...

Chart printing issue in Excel 2007
A spreadsheet with charts was created using Excel 2003. I have Excel 2007 and saved it in compatibility mode. I inserted a couple colored lines on the chart and created my own legend based on these. A couple of issues: 1. When I close the file or even minimize, 2 of the colored lines on a couple of my legends disappear upon reopening. 2. When I try to print a chart, it looks good in Print Preview, but then looks magnified,half off the page, and only one of my drawn lines is printed. When someone with 2003 prints, the sizing is correct, but all of the colored drawn lines are missing...

Excel Running Wild After Update
I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powerpoint seem fine but Excel attemtps to open every compatible file (and a few that aren't) when I start it up. After it overdoses on files it fails and closes. Any ideas on what to do other than reverting to an older version, pre-update? Wild guess: Look in Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Startup:Excel: . Are there a bunch of random files in there? I think Excel would try to open anything in there on launch. On 3/23/06 9:04 AM, "Jeff Fread" wrote: > I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powe...

Install 2003 after 2007?
I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other than Outlook I didn't like it. I wanted to reinstall 2003 Excel & Word. Per instructions here I uninstalled 2007 except Outlook and upon attempting to reinstall 2003 I get the error message, "Business Contact Manager requires Outlook 2003, please install Outlook 2003 before running setup". Help please. Thanks in advance... Bob Answered in the other group post "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message news:jH5Xl.21061$IP7.4196@newsfe23.iad... >I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other tha...

Re: Outlook 2007
I sent this 3/4 days ago but can not see it in the group. In addition after this each time I go into news groups the name of the group turns red in color?? Can not figure what this change in color means. > Each time I start Outlook jumps a message: "A data file did not close > properly > last time it was used. It will be checked.... bla, bla, bla..." > Vista ultimate, Dell computer. Could one do something?? Regards Ted > > A minute later comes up an other message that the file was checked. > Red means a subject you're following has been resp...

MS Access 2007, Forms
When using the "Forms Wizard", I need to use the "Style: Ricepaper", but it isn't available in the 2007 version and I have not been successful trying to find it in Office Online or on the web. Does anyone know where I can get it? Access 2007 has 25 AutoFormats, but as you noticed, they are virtually all new ones. It's actually nice to see that these were updated. To get the older Ricepaper style you could probably create a form in an earlier version of Access and then import it into your current database. If you're using the ACCDB file format, you would...

Tables in 2007
What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does the table have a name? I did read in help that you can post a 2007 table to sharpoint services. What does that mean? -- Thanks. Confused Hi, Go to the excel help and type Tables then open the one that says Demo: Organize your data by using an Excel table, and then in How to do it, click on Overview of Excel Tables if this helps please click yes, thanks "Confused" wrote: > What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does > the table have a name? > > I did read...

insert text to different pages and update
Is there a way to insert a text cell from one page put into another page and when the first page cell is updated the second page cell will also be updated. Using the = sign just displays the formula, not the text. :confused: Thanks Frank -- fwburkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505331 Not clear what you are doing wrong. the formula should look lik =Sheet1!A1 Make sure there is noth...

February updates on EPM (WSS+PServer+MSProject)
Hi, February updates Links are available on http://epm2007.wordpress.com You can comment and poll to give feed back on post installation. Regards, Xavier HOVASSE www.ixila.com Hi Sam, If you have sufficient permissions: In ProjProf: File -> Open ... -> Retrieve the list of all projects ... Right click on project name and select Rename. In PWA: Project Center -> mark project in any column except Idicator and Project Name. Click on Edit Project Properties. Change name and click on Save and Publish. Regards Barbara Am 01.03.2010 08:58, schrieb Xavier HOVASSE...

Required OS for Exchange 2007
I have installed Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise 32 bit x64. When I try to run Exchange 2007, I receive "the image file setup.exe is valid but is for a machine type other than the current machine". Any idea? On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 22:52:43 -0800, "Xeon" <Xeon@donotemailme.com> wrote: >I have installed Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise 32 bit x64. When I try to run >Exchange 2007, I receive "the image file setup.exe is valid but is for a >machine type other than the current machine". Any idea? > So you arent using the 64 bit version of Windows? No...

Outlook 2007 missing emails until restart
I have a user running Vista Business Basic along with Office 2007 Professional that is having a problem with emails not showing up in the inbox. The user has a PDA that does get the email and if you search of the email on the computer, you find it and can open it without issue. However, the email still may not show up in the inbox until a restart of Outlook. Currently the user has caching enabled and other then the missing emails, runs stable. However, if we turn off the caching we experience an application crash with the following: Event Name: APPCRASH Applicatio...

Your thoughts on Money 2005?
After reading through the posts today, here are some of my thoughts on Money 2005 and how to resolve some of the issues. #1 MS should offer a 15 year anniversary edition of MS Money 98 that works on WinXP... #2 Undo all the extras. Give us a Basic Edition product that allows us to balance the checkbook, manually download our QIF/OFX files, do a budget and add a calendar to remind us of bills...that's it. Remove the bloat that really makes MS 2005 slower and buggy. #3 Allow a feature that will let us revert back to a former version. Sure, you tell us to backup our previous data, bu...

updates 05-29-10
I keep getting configuering updates when I turn on anff my computer.Also cant search for updates and there is no record of any updates being downloaded gerry wrote: > I keep getting configuering updates when I turn on anff my > computer.Also cant search for updates and there is no record of any > updates being downloaded When was the last time you freshly installed Windows ME? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Excel chart linked in Word gets formatted when updateing.
Hi, I have a bit of an annoying issue with excel and word 2007, I have a Chart in excel, and the text on the horizontal axis is rotated 270 degrees,This Chart is linked in a Word document and when i do an update of the linked chart the text gets all messed up. Both of the files are saved in 97-2003 format. ...

Charts: 2007 to 2003
Have been doing financial presentations with lots of line graphs, bar and column charts, pies, scatter plots, etc. in PowerPoint 2007, which creates an Excel file for each chart. I need to convert them for use in 2003 as not everyone has 2007. The problem is, when the charts are edited in 2003 colours change and I don't even have the option to modify the default colours in the embedded Excel workbook. Any ideas as to how to solve this problem? Many thanks... ...

Need help installing Office 2007
I'm trying to install Office 2007 on my Vista PC. A short way through the installation I get this message: " Cannot Find Proofing.en-us”.... I've searched around: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=setup+cannot+find+proofing.en-us+proof.fr+proof.msi&meta=&aq=1&oq=setup+cannot+find+Proofing.en-us\Proof.fr but I can't get anything to work. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you. Gary What version of Office 2007. Did you have a Trial version already installed on your PC and did you remove it -- Peter ...

Money 2004 #96
Is there a way to create a new blank "Report" from scratch? My Money 2004 seems to want to create a new "report" by recalling an old report and customizing it? Thanks anyone!-- MartyJ In microsoft.public.money, MartyJ wrote: >Is there a way to create a new blank "Report" from scratch? My Money 2004 >seems to want to create a new "report" by recalling an old report and >customizing it? Thanks anyone!-- I would first select a report from the Reports list and Reset the report. Then Customize. Save that as a Favorite if you like. Does th...