Money 2007: Customize asset classes?

Is it possible to customize the pre-defined asset classes in Money 2007? I'd
like to slice and dice my portfolio in more detail than just
cash/bonds/large-med-small cap/other.

For example I have various international and REIT funds in my account. I'd
like to track these seperate instead of dumping them in Other..

Also, what about a blend fund that is 70% large, 20% med, 10% small, etc?

0
AA1 (21)
10/24/2006 1:02:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Customize: No.

For the purpose of asset allocation, there's a button labeled 'Change' on
the investment details screen. There, you can divvy it up across the
pre-determined categories. But that only affects the Lifetime Planner.
Also, Money may download that information automatically from its investment
data sources.

If you want to use the asset allocation tool, it understands only one asset
class per investment, and you pick which one it is.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

"AA" <AA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to customize the pre-defined asset classes in Money 2007?
> I'd
> like to slice and dice my portfolio in more detail than just
> cash/bonds/large-med-small cap/other.
>
> For example I have various international and REIT funds in my account.
> I'd
> like to track these seperate instead of dumping them in Other..
>
> Also, what about a blend fund that is 70% large, 20% med, 10% small, etc?

0
spam_magnet (1210)
10/24/2006 1:17:47 AM
Only way I've been able to slice and dice to my satisfaction is by exporting
to Excel and doing the fine stuff there.

--
Michael Gordon

"AA" <AA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to customize the pre-defined asset classes in Money 2007?
> I'd
> like to slice and dice my portfolio in more detail than just
> cash/bonds/large-med-small cap/other.
>
> For example I have various international and REIT funds in my account. I'd
> like to track these seperate instead of dumping them in Other..
>
> Also, what about a blend fund that is 70% large, 20% med, 10% small, etc?

0
gordonm (1013)
10/25/2006 12:50:37 AM
re: asset allocation tool - that's unfortunate as many people invest in
non-domestic assets or have blend or "total market" funds that cover multiple
asset classes. Hopefully they will improve this in a future version.

Anyone know how Quicken handles asset allocation? I'm hoping to have one
tool that meets my needs instead of having to export to Excel in order to
rebalance my portfolio.

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> Customize: No.
>
> For the purpose of asset allocation, there's a button labeled 'Change' on
> the investment details screen. There, you can divvy it up across the
> pre-determined categories. But that only affects the Lifetime Planner.
> Also, Money may download that information automatically from its investment
> data sources.
>
> If you want to use the asset allocation tool, it understands only one asset
> class per investment, and you pick which one it is.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL
>

> "AA" <AA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to customize the pre-defined asset classes in Money 2007?
> > I'd
> > like to slice and dice my portfolio in more detail than just
> > cash/bonds/large-med-small cap/other.
> >
> > For example I have various international and REIT funds in my account.
> > I'd
> > like to track these seperate instead of dumping them in Other..
> >
> > Also, what about a blend fund that is 70% large, 20% med, 10% small, etc?

0
AA1 (21)
10/25/2006 1:00:02 AM
I would like to do this very same thing.  Can anyone help us?  Money could be
so much more helpful if they would work this out!!  I have used reports to
try and use the asset classes better but it is still a problem

"AA" wrote:

> Is it possible to customize the pre-defined asset classes in Money 2007? I'd
> like to slice and dice my portfolio in more detail than just
> cash/bonds/large-med-small cap/other.
>
> For example I have various international and REIT funds in my account. I'd
> like to track these seperate instead of dumping them in Other..
>
> Also, what about a blend fund that is 70% large, 20% med, 10% small, etc?

0
SMIfan (1)
11/15/2006 9:42:01 PM
It can't be done.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

"SMIfan" <SMIfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to do this very same thing.  Can anyone help us?  Money could
>be
> so much more helpful if they would work this out!!  I have used reports
> try and use the asset classes better but it is still a problem
>
> "AA" wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to customize the pre-defined asset classes in Money 2007?
>> I'd
>> like to slice and dice my portfolio in more detail than just
>> cash/bonds/large-med-small cap/other.
>>
>> For example I have various international and REIT funds in my account.
>> I'd
>> like to track these seperate instead of dumping them in Other..
>>
>> Also, what about a blend fund that is 70% large, 20% med, 10% small,
>> etc?

0
spam_magnet (1210)
11/16/2006 12:37:51 AM
Only viable option is to export to Excel and tweak the data there.

--
Michael Gordon

"SMIfan" <SMIfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to do this very same thing.  Can anyone help us?  Money could
>be
> so much more helpful if they would work this out!!  I have used reports to
> try and use the asset classes better but it is still a problem
>
> "AA" wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to customize the pre-defined asset classes in Money 2007?
>> I'd
>> like to slice and dice my portfolio in more detail than just
>> cash/bonds/large-med-small cap/other.
>>
>> For example I have various international and REIT funds in my account.
>> I'd
>> like to track these seperate instead of dumping them in Other..
>>
>> Also, what about a blend fund that is 70% large, 20% med, 10% small, etc?

0
gordonm (1013)

Running Money 2003 in Vista

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Office 2007 forms

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

"Customize Outlook Today" does not respond
The "Customize Outlook Today" button no longer functions. I use Outlook 2000 on two separate computers. the Customize feature works on neither one. They both formerly functioned perfectly. I have noted a few other postings with the same issue, but there have been no responses. Is it possible that one of the updates to Outlook 2000 has rendered this feature inoperable? Since I keep my programs up to date, that is the only guess I have. I have the exact same problem on more than one pc. I have been searching for an answer all day. I just decided to start using the opti...

Mem leak when implement Singleton pattern on CWinApp derived class
Coded my MFC app to have singleton pattern, my code looks like this: class CMyApp : public CWinApp { private: // static obj static CMyApp* MyAppInstance; // some other obj composed in this class COtherObj* obj; // private cons, I init the COtherObj here CMyApp() { obj = new COtherObj(); } public: // only way to access cons static CMyApp* GetInstance() { //check if already instantiated if( MyAppInstance == NULL) { MyAppInstance = new CMyApp(); } return MyAppInstance; } virtual int ExitInstance() { // I use ExitInstance to delete all ...

Why ClassWiard can't see my Class?
I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(Class-B) which derived from CWnd class. When I used mouse right-click on the new-created class, it shows a popup-command-menu which missing "add virtual function" and "add windows message handler". From ClassWizard I couldn't see the new-created class either. I tried to delete myprogram.clw & re-issue ClassWizard, but it doesn't help. Anyone can help ? Thanks, Eagle "EagleChen" <xx@xx> wrote in message news:uRGde941DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(C...

Upgrading from Money 99 to 2004
Is it worth upgrading from Money 99 to Money 2004. I have several years of complete financial data in my Money 99 program. Just wondering if it is worth the cost and hassel to upgrade. Is the upgrade path (conversion) from Money 99 to Money 2004 pretty easy. Thanks in advance for any replys and help. Regards, Richard Well, your mileage may vary on it. Some people like 2004, others don't. I'd always recommend the trial before you buy though. You can get an idea of what's in the latest version, whether it's suitable for you etc. 2004 should just convert a 99 file, assu...

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Money-style software??
Hi all, Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark the site and forgot the address :( Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? Ivan Ivan Debono wrote: | Hi all, | | Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product | that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark | the site and forgot the address :( | | Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? | | Ivan Maybe it was Fitday: www.fitday.com -- Peter Thank you!!! That ...

Money 04 runs very slow
file size is 17,480 kb, about 5 years data. Machine is a P4 2.2 GHz, 512 mb ram. Money runs very slow, processing downloaded statements, switching screens, etc. I switched from Quicken about a year ago. That didn't run nearly this slow. Any ideas? Will trimming the file size help at all or much? Thanks Ideas? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. Trimming? Most people haven't had great luck trying this through means like File|Archive--which, by the way, I'd discourage for any number of reasons. "Tom Orlando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors with template class
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C695ED.3958DA70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a smart pointer class that uses template functions that works = fine under VC6 but it not linking under VS2005. 1>TestGridToolkitView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol = "void __cdecl PrismGCSmartPointer(class CPrismSmartPointer<class = CDialog> &)" = (?PrismGCSmartPointer@@YAXAAV?$CPrismSmartPointer@VCDialog@@@@@Z) = referenced in function "protected: __...

Custom reports #3

Money 99 "Memo"
I was given Money 99. Everything was working fine till I printed out the check register and found it was omitting the "Memo" section which was vital info I needed. What do I need to do inorder to get it to print? Please e-mail wolfmagic53@hotmail.com Thank you. Ruby In microsoft.public.money, wolfmagic53@hotmail.com wrote: >I was given Money 99. Everything was working fine till I >printed out the check register and found it was omitting >the "Memo" section which was vital info I needed. >What do I need to do inorder to get it to print? What you want to do...

Money Updates #2

Share Calender in Outlook 2007
In our organization, we have changed the the default data file path. This makes the "Share a Calender" option disappear. First of all, is there any anything to work around this? Secondly, if there is nothing that can be done in the above case, I tried sharing the calender by publishing it in Office Online. Apparently the calender is shared but when I sent it to my colleague's work e-mail address, he is unable to access it. It asks for authentication and cannot contact the web server when he enters his credentials. How to make this work? I don't want to go sharing my W...

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

upgrading from Access 97 to Access 2007
I designed a database (forms, reports, et al) several years ago in Access 97 and it continues to work well. I've just received a MS Office Professional 2007 and wonder if it is time to migrate my data into the new program. I've attempted two or three times to do this in Access 2002 and I keep getting error messages along the line of "...corrupted file..cannot be opened by Access 2002 (or some such message)..." The help radio button opens up a box which suggests I do some programming in Virtual Basic to perform my transfer task. The easy way out, of course, is to sti...

Money 2004 #43
Do you have to set up Password to update portfolio prices? Can't get Money to update. News, etc updates but not the portfolio section. Passport? No. But there is not doubt that quote downloads are problematic. "Johnny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82a601c3e99d$bda5e8d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Do you have to set up Password to update portfolio > prices? Can't get Money to update. News, etc updates but > not the portfolio section. ...