Money 2007 Business Section

A couple things I found in the Money 2007 business section that cause
definite problems.

1.  When invoicing, there's no way to include the date that the time took
place on the invoice.  So there is no way to show your client what date the
service you're billing them for took place.  There is no report in the system
that displays the time data with the date, so it can't be exported or
reported on either.  This seems like an obvious flaw, but evidently it's OK
since it was the same in 2006.  That makes it correct, so it won't be fixed
(per MS).

2.  When invoicing time that has descriptions, the invoice reserves about
double the space of the description.  So if you have a description that's
about 3-4 lines on the invoice, the report reserves an extra 3-4 lines after
it when printed.  This turns what should be a single page invoice into
multiple pages for no reason.  The invoice looks great if you have no
descriptions or very short ones, but time entries typically need description
to detail what you did for the client.  Again, MS doesn't consider this a bug.

Am I the only one that uses the business section?  It seems excellent minus
these two things that render it completely useless for me.
0
EdSimmons (23)
8/21/2006 6:23:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I saw the same issues in Money 2004 Business, so I continued using my
improved since then, and you're confirming that carries through to 2007.
Paul Shapiro

"Ed Simmons" <EdSimmons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A couple things I found in the Money 2007 business section that cause
> definite problems.
>
> 1.  When invoicing, there's no way to include the date that the time took
> place on the invoice.  So there is no way to show your client what date
> the
> service you're billing them for took place.  There is no report in the
> system
> that displays the time data with the date, so it can't be exported or
> reported on either.  This seems like an obvious flaw, but evidently it's
> OK
> since it was the same in 2006.  That makes it correct, so it won't be
> fixed
> (per MS).
>
> 2.  When invoicing time that has descriptions, the invoice reserves about
> double the space of the description.  So if you have a description that's
> about 3-4 lines on the invoice, the report reserves an extra 3-4 lines
> after
> it when printed.  This turns what should be a single page invoice into
> multiple pages for no reason.  The invoice looks great if you have no
> descriptions or very short ones, but time entries typically need
> description
> to detail what you did for the client.  Again, MS doesn't consider this a
> bug.
>
> Am I the only one that uses the business section?  It seems excellent
> minus
> these two things that render it completely useless for me.

0
paul50 (31)

Word 2007 Crashes when Saving Files
Word 2007 crashes when I try to save a file. The computer is running Vista and Office 2007. I can't save any files. I can copy the text and paste it into Wordpad then save. My other computer has Office 2007 but I use XP. I have not had this issue with it. I am having the same problem. It seems to happen on older word documents then saving via save as. It doesn't matter what format to save it as. (doc or docx). This is Word 2007 on Windows 7 I have run Word in Safe mode and still have the problem. I have run Microsoft Office Diagnostics and that did not reveal a...

Money 2007 crashes when opening
I am having similar problems as to an earlier thread - but I am not able to open up any money files. (Tried the sample, blank one, etc.) The moment I start Money I get 'Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close.'. Here's the error in the event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Description: Faulting application msmoney.exe, version 16.0.0.614, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00001010. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing all IE temp data, clearing temp f...

using office 2007 chart in office 2003
I have created a Line chart using Excel 2007 in compatibility mode. When I open the workbook using Excel 2003 it does not know the chart sub-type, and when the chart is regenerated by my macro it defaults to 'Line with markers displayed at each data value'. I need to distribute my chart to users running Office 2003, and I need the chart to retain the original chart type. Any ideas please? The rule of thumb if your workbooks are to be shared with users of different Excel versions, is to create your workbook in the oldest version that any of the users has. Unfortunately Compatibi...

Download a Word 2007 Form from a FP 2003 Site
I've created a form in Word 2007 that includes text boxes and check boxes that visitors should be able to download and save from a link to that file posted on a FrontPage 2003 Web site. When the file is downoaded, it comes in as some type of zip file. Why is this happening? Go to http://11e1.gdpkeyboarding.com/Questionnaire.htm and click the link in this sentence: "Click here to download the Questionnaire." Thanks in advance for any advice. its not a word document, they are zipped .xml files as far as I can tell. Your BEST bet for this would be to create a form i...

Where are the workgroup templates in Word 2007
I have just upgraded one of our PCs from Word 2003 on XP to Word 2007 on Win 7 and I really am regretting it ! We have about 100 templates, in 4 folders, that are used by everyone in our workgroup. With Word 2003 these are set as the workgroup templates, and I have a little icon on the toolbar with SendKeys "%2" Dialogs(wdDialogFileNew).Show as a macro behind it which opens the templates so we can see the listing of templates (the List view). In Word 2003 it all has been working fine for years, but in Word 2007 it seems not possible to have the same ? Is it possible in ...

excel 2007 01-31-10
Hi all Is it possible for an excel work book created by microsoft office xp professional version 2002 to be compatable with office 2007? Thanks for looking Excel 2007 can open workbooks made in earlier versions The title bar with display file name followed by "Compatibility Mode" Excel 2003 (and earlier?) can open Excel 2007 files if the users has installed the utility supplied by Microsoft. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941B3470-3AE9-4AEE-8F43-C6BB74CD1466&displaylang=en Of course, new features (example: the COUNTIFS function) cannot ...

AC 2007 runtime
This has been asked before, but I don't understand how the answer relates to the question. I want to make a runtime application from a working ac 2000 file. I downloaded the runtime executable file , opened it and got the successfully downloaded message. How do I use it?. Nothing leads me to it when I open a file. What I am asking is so basic that a knowledgeable person may shoot over my head. If possible, I would hope to get something that says "To make a runtime file, click "x" or goto "y" or whatever. Thanks in advance.. You download A2...

Going back to Outlook 2007
I was using Office 2007 but upgraded to Office 2010 beta. Outlook 2010 simply disappeared after 3 days leaving me with a changed Outlook icon on my start page that wouldn't open Outlook. I uninstalled Office 2010 beta. I had never uninstalled Office 2007 so it was still there, but I ran repair anyway before using it. The programs I use in Office 2007 (Excel and Word) opened but Outlook 2007 did not. I got two error message. The first says: "The mail profile "Outlook" was created with a newer version of Outlook and might contain information that is not compatibl...

Text won't align at bottom of cells in Excel 2007.
Text aligns in middle of cells even when bottom alignment is chosen in Excel 2007. How can I get text to align on the bottom of the cell? Check whether you have any special characters wihch are not visible after the text within the cell.. -- Jacob "BillCT1984" wrote: > Text aligns in middle of cells even when bottom alignment is chosen in Excel > 2007. How can I get text to align on the bottom of the cell? ...

T-Bills in Money
How does one record a T-Bill purchase and then a redemption in Money so that the interest shows up in the tax reports such as schedule B? The short and sad answer is that you can't -- a known problem in Money for several years now. I recommend excluding the transactions from your tax reports and entering the 1099-INT data manually on your tax form. There's a KB article which documents the problem, but doesn't offer a solution. -- Michael Gordon "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65D44458-4BCD-4791-863C-8C5D1698E2FC@microsoft....

Access 2007 and Access 2003 conflicts???
I have an Access 2003 split-database that I want to upgrade to use some of the new design features of 2007...will this cause problems for my users who are still running Access 2003? Is there a way to retro-fit my .mdb so that my users enjoy the benefit of the new 07 design features while still running 03? The data file will need to remain in the MDB format so that the A2003 users can access it. Therefore you will not be able to use things like attachment/multi-valued fields. Nevertheless, the A2007 users will be able to use things like alternative datasheet row colors and the date pick...

My Money.IRD
When my 2001 Money backs up its files I see what looks like a file or box that says My Money.LRD file for just a couple of seconds. I am wondering what this? I don't think I used to see it and a search for it doesn't find it on my computer. Thanks for the help "Fritz" <fergtow@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:C16C0694-E03C-4175-958D-F7AAA2D67DDB@microsoft.com... > When my 2001 Money backs up its files I see what looks like a file or box > that says My Money.LRD file for just a couple of seconds. I am wondering > what > this? I don't think I used ...

Can't open MS Office Outlook 2007
Please help, when I try to open my email I get the message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Cannot open the Outlook window." Another message stated "Cannot open your default email folders the file C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst cannot be opened ...

Word is busy
Word keeps going in and out of busy mode when opened. It doesn't matter if I have a document open or not or what type/content document is open. I can open documents, but can't save changes, and can't print with diff properties. I say it's going in and out of busy mode because the cursor keeps changing to the hourglass and back to the arrow about every 2 seconds. Any ideas what's wrong? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Erin" <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Microsoft Money 2007 spending tracker
Hello, I would like to track not only my bank accounts but my credit cards in the spending tracker feature. However I can't seem to get the spending tracker to see the credit cards. I have clicked on the budgeting boxes in the settings area for credit cards. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -- Greenzie ...

business cards #8
I have a business card design in Publisher 97. Somehow I asked it to print one card per page, now I can't find how to change it back, so I get 10 to a page. I'm literally pulling my hair out, and exploring my vocabulary. Ed Dickerson -- --Arrogance is the ultimate learning disability. When you go to print, click page options, tick Print multiple copies per sheet, click Custom Options, Side margin, .75, top margin, .5, zero for the gaps. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ed Dickerson" <edickers...

Is there a Small Business Edition trial version available?
I'm a Money Deluxe 2004 user, have been using MSMoney for years, and will be starting a small home business in the next several months. I like MSMoney, and I'd like to see exactly what the Small Business version buys me. I've read the promo blurbs, but they only go so far, and I'd like to try before I buy... Thoughts or pointers? Thanks - John Hi John I don't think there is a trial version but I don't like paying the $100 or so for a new version every time it comes out. I recently bought a new in box sealed 2003 version on ebay for about $20 something by the ti...

Autofill Issues in Microsoft Outlook 2007
Hi, I have two problems. 1. a co-worker's autofill feature isn't working for all of her contacts. Her computer crashed a while back and she moved to a new one. I performed all the steps to copy the .NK2 file to her outlook folder but it didn't do anything. She has several users on her computers with multiple .NK2 files (one is even in a downloads folder); I'm not sure if I'm looking in the correct folder because her user doesn't have an outlook folder where I can locate an .NK2. I unhid the all the files before I tried to perform this operation as well....

Problem with Access snapshot 2007
The problem I have is this: I send a Access snapshot document as a .snp Person opens document with Access 2007 snapshot - no problem Person then sends me back the document and it is now a .snp.txt Access 2003 with conversion patch can not open document ...

Excel 2007
Hello ... At a new job I am using Excel 2007 for the first time. I have used 2003 at home at at previous jobs. I have a macro which takes email addresses, file names and locations from cells in Excell and generates emails plus file attachements using Outlook/Outlook Express. This works fine in the 2003 version but not in 2007. I got the macro from an Excel usergroup like this one back in 2007 .. hopefully this explains that I am no expert in Excel, which also explains why I am at a loss now. I get the error message: Run time error 429, "ActiveX component can't create obje...

Excel 2007
Hi, I am hoping that someone can help me with two problems I am having in Excel 2007. The functionality of copying and pasting to and from filtered lists seems to be different from what I experienced in Excel 2003. Problem 1) Copying (with Ctrl-C) from one column in a filtered list into another column in the filtered list (with Ctrl-V) When I copy with Ctrl-C it selects the cells in the list that are visible (which is what I want) but when I paste those over another column in the same filtered list (I have not changed the filter settings) it pastes the data over cells that are not visible i...

Error installing outlook client on office 2007/vista
Hi I have run into a problem installing the outlook client on vista / office 2007. Initially the setup program detected the CRM SQL2005 express edition missing (whcih I duely instructed it to install) and incorrectly detected ..NET 1.1 SP1 missing (1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 are all installed on the laptop). The setup program would not install the .NET 1.1 so I eventually reinstalled this manually (despite it being already present). Now if I rerun the crm setup program I recieve the following error after accepting the licence screen: "The type initializer for Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Com...

Money Plus does not start with current money files
I downloaded the trial for money about 2 months ago and have decided to go with Money again (Previously had Money 2003). I have windows XP SP2. If I open Money and don't have my money files on the computer (in other words I start a brand new file) it works fine. If I use my money 2007 trial money files (aka the money 2003 files that had been converted) it just freezes. Any ideas? Thanks. On Aug 13, 4:22 pm, Drat...@gmail.com wrote: > I downloaded the trial for money about 2 months ago and have decided > to go with Money again (Previously had Money 2003). > > I have windo...

Why are only some accounts on MSN Money?
Hi folks -- I'm evaluating Money 2005 Trial Edition (Ver. 14.0.10.1105), and just coming around to trying the online accounts feature. The problem I'm having is that only two of my six accounts are visible online. Using the Money classifications I have 4 "Bank" accounts (three of which are actually cash accounts), 1 "Credit Account," and 1 "Other" account. When I log in to MSN Money all I see is 1 of my "Bank" accounts (my actual checking account) and my "Credit" account (a Visa card). I thought it had something to do with th...

Money 2004 Tax Estimator
I have a question about how the Tax Estimator selects which transactions to include in a particular category. The Mortgage Interest category in the Tax Estimator says that I have $0 for Mortgage interest. When I look at the details it doesn't show any transactions listed for that category. I have a Home Equity Line of Credit as my mortgage. I DO NOT have a standard mortgage, just this HELOC. I have setup the account to post the interest that I pay to the Mortgage Interest category and I've setup that category to associate it with the Schedule A Mortgage Interest tax form line. If...