Money 2007 and Windows Vista

Hi, I installed Windows Vista RC1 and Microsoft Money 2007 but I can´t import
or use my backup files of MOney from Windows XP. I only can start a new file.
It worries to me enough that cannot use Money 2007 in Vista. It will be
solved in the final version?

Thnak you
0
Noalbi (2)
11/6/2006 8:01:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Noalbi wrote:

>Hi, I installed Windows Vista RC1 and Microsoft Money 2007 but I can�t import
>or use my backup files of MOney from Windows XP. I only can start a new file.
>It worries to me enough that cannot use Money 2007 in Vista. It will be
>solved in the final version?

You need Microsoft Money Deluxe 2007 rather than Essentials. You did
not state which you were using, but the symptom would match that
potential cause.

If it is Deluxe, Premium or Business you are using, post back with
that info.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/6/2006 8:39:05 PM
Sorry, I forgot. I use Microsoft Money 2007 Premium. I live in Spain (Windows
Vista RC1 with spanish language pack). It says:
"C:\Documents and settings\Albino\Mis documentos\my money is corrupted or is
not a Money data fle. Money has tried to repair this file but failed. You
will need to open your most recent bachup file to access your data."

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Noalbi wrote:
>
> >Hi, I installed Windows Vista RC1 and Microsoft Money 2007 but I can´t import
> >or use my backup files of MOney from Windows XP. I only can start a new file.
> >It worries to me enough that cannot use Money 2007 in Vista. It will be
> >solved in the final version?
>
> You need Microsoft Money Deluxe 2007 rather than Essentials. You did
> not state which you were using, but the symptom would match that
> potential cause.
>
> If it is Deluxe, Premium or Business you are using, post back with
> that info.

0
Noalbi (2)
11/7/2006 12:23:02 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Noalbi wrote:

>Sorry, I forgot. I use Microsoft Money 2007 Premium. I live in Spain (Windows
>Vista RC1 with spanish language pack). It says:
>"C:\Documents and settings\Albino\Mis documentos\my money is corrupted or is
>not a Money data fle. Money has tried to repair this file but failed. You
>will need to open your most recent bachup file to access your data."

Keep extra copies of your file on different media, such as USB Flash
drives.

When you File->Restore, do not restore to the default location.
Instead choose to Browse to the location in "Mis documentos" or some
other folder that your user owns.  Specify a new name for the file
such as Noalbi07.mny.

If that does not do it, try copying your old money file to a USB
flash drive. From that, copy the file to your new computer. That
will make sure there is not an ownership problem on the file.

There is an update to Money expected soon. Perhaps the update
addresses something to work better with the Vista beta.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Noalbi wrote:
>>
>> >Hi, I installed Windows Vista RC1 and Microsoft Money 2007 but I can�t import
>> >or use my backup files of MOney from Windows XP. I only can start a new file.
>> >It worries to me enough that cannot use Money 2007 in Vista. It will be
>> >solved in the final version?
>>
>> You need Microsoft Money Deluxe 2007 rather than Essentials. You did
>> not state which you were using, but the symptom would match that
>> potential cause.
>>
>> If it is Deluxe, Premium or Business you are using, post back with
>> that info.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Re Installing Windows Defender
Hi! I am trying to re install Windows Defender But each time I try to I get a message saying "unable to install because Microsoft Client Protection is ON please remove same an run installer again" I have uninstalled Windows Defender using Add and Remove Also did a search in My Computer and Registry nothing found How do I install Windows Defender ThanX Do not install Windows Defender-----Instead install MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) Read about it at MS. "Mike van der Merwe" <michaelvdm@telkomsa.net> wrote in message news:2-a...

Junk E-Mail Options in OL 2007
I have checked the box "permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the junk e-mail folder", but I still get a lot of junk in my junk e-mail folder. I think I understand why, but I would like to confirm. I am on an exchange 2003 server. I assume that whatever filter the exchange server applies is before any filter that my computer would apply. I assume exchange is putting those emails into my junk e-mail folder, while any junk my local Outlook catches, it will just delete according to my preferences? I would sure like to just not ever have anything go into t...

Outlook 2007 printing is slow
The President of our company called us up to his office this morning because his Outlook 2007 took 20 seconds to print out an email. He said it was printing fine on Friday. He's using Winxp sp3 with Microsoft Office 2007. The computer is only two months old. We printed to two different printers and that narrowed it down for us that Outlook 2007 had a problem. We ran a Office diagnostic and everything was fine. Word prints fine to both printers. We checked the print drivers and they are up-to-date. We even did a system restore and it still didn't work. The last updates he had were from ...

Error? Missing banks in Money 2005...
I am missing my bank for downloading in Money 2005 even though it is listed as supported on the Money website. In fact it appears that the list in Money 2005 is about 25% that of what appears on the website. Am I doing something wrong or is Microsoft false advertising their product? Thanks There appear to be a number of missing banks now, but our understanding is that the list will be updated soon. -- "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:414501c49f60$13cb3da0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I am missing my bank for downloading in Money 2005 even &g...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

Can I add additional emoticons to Communicator 2007?
I would like to increase the available emoticons in Communicator 2007. Anyone know how? AFAIK, you can't but this would be better asked in the Communication server forums. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slip...

Access 2003 Packaging & Deployment Wizard for Vista Install
Have had no problems installing on XP but Vista is different. For Vista Installations I have 2 queries: Believe I should be installing my program and associated files in the CommonAppDataFolder and that seems to correspond with the ProgramData folder when installed on Vista. However, when the front end is installed in ProgramData folder, the operator can't perform a compact/repair on the front end file?? Using the PDW how/where do I set up the installation of the back end data file? This needs to be accessible by all uses and don't want to run into the "virtualising&quo...

User Activity window in GP 9
Hi! Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under Tools-Setup-System in GP 9? How can you tell who's logged in the system without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera Hi Marisol, Now found under Tools --> Utilities --> System Robert Marisol wrote: > Hi! > > Does anyone know why GP removed the User Activity option under > Tools-Setup-System in GP 9? How can you tell who's logged in the system > without going to SQL Query Analyzer or Enterprise Mgr? Thanks ...

DPM RC 2010 Agent Install on Windows Server 2008 R2
We are having trouble installing the DPM agent on a terminal server running Windows Server 2008 R2. If we install the agent manually, it installs fine and then gives this error when we try to attach it: 0x80004005 We removed all group policies from the server and turned off the firewall, but we still get this error. When I uninstalled the agent and tried to re-install through the console, this is what was in the error log: 12BC 0E94 04/06 14:07:08.824 03 agentcfg.cpp(475) [000000000076C200] NORMAL Cound not find configuration for DPMRA 12BC 0E94 04/06 14:07:08.824 03 run...

Losing all formatting in Excel 2007 files
I have Office 2007 running on an XP desktop and a Windows 7 laptop. I work on an Excel .xlsx file on my desktop but when I open it on my laptop all of the formatting is lost. I have had this exact same problem except vista to xp. I wouldn't lose all of the formatting, but some words would would be on different lines. Other things I have noticed is that my Office 2007 on Vista doesn't always have the same fonts as on my Office 2007 XP. I think the formatting issue is more of a compatibility issue. ...

Viewing completed taks in outlook 2007
Is there a way of viewing all your completed tasks, the ones that are not being displayed. Once the task has been completed then this task is removed from the current view. The current view is ordered by categories, then priority and then by date. Many thanks in advance Hemant Have you tried changing the view to not filter out completed tasks or using another view. The Completed Tasks view will show those tasks "HB" <hemant.babbar@logicacmg.com> wrote in message news:1168964637.905306@ernani.logica.co.uk... > Is there a way of viewing all your completed tasks, th...

Fiscal Periods Setup Window
Can someone tell me how to make the Fiscal Periods Setup window default to our current fiscal year when you open it. Our fiscal year ended on 8/29/2007 and when we open the window it is showing Fiscal Year 2007 not 2008. We have to change it each time. Thanks, ...

Two Onenote windows on startup (command line switch)
Hi, I have a dual monitor setup, one being a tablet PC, and wanted to get two Onenote windows ready upon startup: - A normal window, opening my last used file and without full screen - let's consider this one the standard launched window, so it's already there by adding onenote.exe to the startup group, so no issues here. - The second window I would like to be on the tablet, and I believe I could get that extra screen by adding a second shortcut with the /sidenote switch (or can I not? Haven't tried as it's not my ideal scenario), but I would ideally want it to open a new On...

Realexamquestions.com has all real exams with money back guarantee
Realexamquestions.com has all real exams with money back guarantee ...

When launching Excel 2007 the VB debuger always opens
I am testing Excel 2007 Beta 2 on two computers. On one of them, XP SP2 there is no problem. On the other, 2003 Server SP1, each time I open Excel a VB window opens up, with a message that says "Compile error: Cant find project or library." If I close that window I get a message saying that the debugger will stop. If I close that, Excel reacts normally. Any suggestions? Thanks ccoates@gfs.com Hi Chris, Do you have any templates loading on the second computer? Any add-ins? What is shown in VB itself when you see the error message? Which module are you in? This sounds like...

Outlook 2007 Address Book 01-21-10
I've just installed Outlook 2007 and it's imported my address book from Outlook 2003 as a single list of contacts/addresses with 150 names! This is too unweildy of course, so I want to divide these up into about 6 or 8 separate groups according to the contact nature. The help advice online does give methods of creating sub-folders but I can't get either of them to work - would appreciate any workarounds please. -- Chris 1-9 (UK) "Chris 1-9" <Chris19@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50F25761-01EC-4EE5-A440-980E48511A8F@microsof...

Money 2004 and Epay
Hello, I am using the free MSN Billpay that came with my Money 2004 Deluxe. Today is Saturday, Nov. 22, 2003. I would like to pay my insurance bill which is due on Dec. 2nd. When I try to pay the bill today through Money, I get a message that says that the earliest it can be paid is 12/01/2003. Is that the date the payment should arrive or the date it will be processed? I'm a little confused. Thanks, ....Will ...

Can Access 2007 analyze w/Excel?
I have installed Office 2007 and I am not able to locate the option to Analyze a report with Excel. I was able to do this with Access 2003 and it would put all the data from a report into an Excel file. How do I do this in Access 2007? I do not see the option anywhere after opening the report. Thanks, CEV I forgot to mention that when I have the report open, The export to Excel option is greyed out as is the sharepoint list option right next to it. Thanks, CEV "CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message news:fg52n601iel@enews5.newsguy.com... >I have installed...

2010 CAS and 2007 CAS same AD site
Hello all I have a 2007 sp2 CAS server and a 2010 CAS server located in the same AD site. On the 2007 CAS server i have changed the externalurl from https://mail.kbblab.com/owa to https://legacy.kbblab.com/owa, i left the internalurl at its default setting. On the 2010 CAS server the externalurl points to https://mail.kbblab.com/owa and i set the Exchange2003URL to https://legacy.kbblab.com/owa. The 2010 CAS server is using FBA authentication and basic with SSL. The 2007 CAS server is using NTLM and windowsintegrated for internaluathenticationmethods. I have created an ...

Money 2004 corrupts on a restore
I backedup my 2004 database I restored from my 2004 database backup and all the total fields are about $555,729,300,950,923.43. Did i just miscalculate how rich i am, or is that a bug. Ie it appears to have maxed out the totals fields. any ideas on how to solve this? should i reinstall 2004 and then try to restore again? or should i hang out for a SP? John The last thing to ever do on a Money problem is wait for Microsoft to fix it. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q85 and http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. "John Reid" <john.reid@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message...

Can't read mail in reading pane of outlook 2007 if not in safe mode
Hi all! I have a problem since I installed the outlook 2007 beta 2. I receive mail as nice as possible, but when I want to read it, there is only the title, from whom and to whom data in reading pane. The mesage is, let's say "invisible" :) Anyone have the same prob? When I start outlook 2007 in safe mode, everything works OK. The only prob with safe mode is, that you always have to set the reading pane on and hide the big buttons.... We'll if anyone has a solution...I haven't find it... In the next week I will reinstall the system and see... maybe, just maybe I ...

Access 2007 runtime with sharepoint
Is there a way to use the Access 2007 runtime to do offline access with sharepoint? Either v2.0 or v3.0 Thanks in advance. andrew. ...

Unable to restore MS Money 2000
My computer crashed, i had to use the recovery cd. Now when i try to load my back up from a floppy, i receive a message that says "unable to restore, can't locate or it might be a read-only attribute." Hoe to i restore? See if you can copy it to the harddrive and restore from there. "Dan" <dan420@optonline.net> wrote in message news:11b3101c383d5$3dcfd810$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My computer crashed, i had to use the recovery cd. > Now when i try to load my back up from a floppy, i receive > a message that says "unable to restore, can't locate ...

Money 2006 + Canadian bank acct downloading
Does ms money 2006 actually let you download from any canadian banks, or do you have to do the manual import? Quicken let's you download from within the program, I'm sure money must allow this as well, I don't see any canadian banks listed when I got to setup online services...I do have my regional settings set to Canada, and my base currency is set to Canadian. And MS shows that they support my bank TD Canada Trust. I am wondering if that means they just support importing?? Hopefully not. Are you using Standard version of MOney 2006? Only Standard version supports mode...

Outlook 2003 on Vista
Have tried all sorts but can not get Outlook 2003 to send or receive on Vista, the test settings work and that actually sends a email as if i check with Windows Mail it receives the test message. In Outlook 2003 options the Send Receive option button does not bring up the Group Sending and other options window and the send receive button does nothing. Just switched to Mozilla Thunderbird and got everything working great, may just stay with that. "CampaMan" <campaman@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:ua0YgtZSJHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Just switched to Mo...