Money 2007 and Vista user account control

I have noticed a nasty behavior when running Money 2007 on Vista ultimate.
If uer acount control is turned on Money opens the file in program files
then writes all its changes to the vitural store.  When I close Money and
open it again the file that is opened is the old file from program files not
the file that contains the changes made last time.  Is there another way to
fix this behavior other than turning UAC off?

Thanks in advance

John A. Dwyer, MCSE

0
dwyerja (2)
3/13/2008 12:00:10 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, John A. Dwyer, MCSE wrote:

>I have noticed a nasty behavior when running Money 2007 on Vista ultimate.
>If uer acount control is turned on Money opens the file in program files
>then writes all its changes to the vitural store.  When I close Money and
>open it again the file that is opened is the old file from program files not
>the file that contains the changes made last time.  Is there another way to
>fix this behavior other than turning UAC off?

Yes. Do not have your Money file or backup files in ProgramFiles.
Your Documents folder is the normally-suggested place for those.

Search on the term "File Virtualization" for an explanation of what
happens.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/13/2008 12:10:25 AM
Thanks I'll give it a try

> In microsoft.public.money, John A. Dwyer, MCSE wrote:
>
>>I have noticed a nasty behavior when running Money 2007 on Vista ultimate.
>>If uer acount control is turned on Money opens the file in program files
>>then writes all its changes to the vitural store.  When I close Money and
>>open it again the file that is opened is the old file from program files
>>not
>>the file that contains the changes made last time.  Is there another way
>>fix this behavior other than turning UAC off?
>
> Yes. Do not have your Money file or backup files in ProgramFiles.
> Your Documents folder is the normally-suggested place for those.
>
> Search on the term "File Virtualization" for an explanation of what
> happens.

0
dwyerja (2)

Running Money 2003 in Vista

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Office 2007 forms

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Controling a MailMerge...
I am about to redo a procedure that will control a mail merge. My current process requires that the AccessDB is closed. This is the process now: 1) Data exists an access table that represents children in a household. 2) The assumption is made that the youngest child stores the most current mailing address and parent's names. A form/sub-form process allows viewing all children in a selected household as well as updating the address information. 3) A button on the main menu starts the mail-merge. It runs a Make Table query that generates the data necessary for the household. Then l...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

users with restricted access

SBS 2003 moving of users files

User unknown
I made a new user on the exchange server, but if i want to make the account in outlook, Outlook says: "the name could not be matched to a name in the adresslist" I don't know what to do anymore. All the rights are the same as my collegea. can somebody help me? Go back to AD where you created the account, preferably on the Exchange Server. Is there an email address listed? If there isn't then right click on the Recipient Update Service in ESM and click update now. Advise what happens then... >-----Original Message----- >I made a new user on the exchange server, b...

Upgrading from Money 99 to 2004
Is it worth upgrading from Money 99 to Money 2004. I have several years of complete financial data in my Money 99 program. Just wondering if it is worth the cost and hassel to upgrade. Is the upgrade path (conversion) from Money 99 to Money 2004 pretty easy. Thanks in advance for any replys and help. Regards, Richard Well, your mileage may vary on it. Some people like 2004, others don't. I'd always recommend the trial before you buy though. You can get an idea of what's in the latest version, whether it's suitable for you etc. 2004 should just convert a 99 file, assu...

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Money-style software??
Hi all, Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark the site and forgot the address :( Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? Ivan Ivan Debono wrote: | Hi all, | | Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product | that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark | the site and forgot the address :( | | Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? | | Ivan Maybe it was Fitday: www.fitday.com -- Peter Thank you!!! That ...

Performance By Investment Account
I've been trying to analyze the return calculations that MS Money provides in both the Portfolio Manager and also the Performance by Investment Account. One curious thing that I've come across and had previously not paid attention to is a feature in the Performance by Investment Account. If you click on "Customize' for this report, under the "Rows & Columns" tab there is a customizable setting called "Do not show performance based on data of less than: xx days." It defaults to 90 days. Does anyone know if this feature actually does anything? I'v...

How to split an account into two accounts
8 years ago I started my 403B and 401A retirement accounts with Fidelity as a single account. It did not both me that the paper showed them as two accounts and I should have fixed it sooner. Now that Fidelity is allowing me to download the information it is clear that I should have two accounts. However I have purchased 4 mutal funds every two weeks for the past 8 years and now to split them it appears I need to move 2 of these sets of fund transactionss to a the account. The move one transaction at a time is growing old. Is their an easy way or to accomlish a mass move of all transac...

Money 04 runs very slow
file size is 17,480 kb, about 5 years data. Machine is a P4 2.2 GHz, 512 mb ram. Money runs very slow, processing downloaded statements, switching screens, etc. I switched from Quicken about a year ago. That didn't run nearly this slow. Any ideas? Will trimming the file size help at all or much? Thanks Ideas? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. Trimming? Most people haven't had great luck trying this through means like File|Archive--which, by the way, I'd discourage for any number of reasons. "Tom Orlando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Money 99 "Memo"
I was given Money 99. Everything was working fine till I printed out the check register and found it was omitting the "Memo" section which was vital info I needed. What do I need to do inorder to get it to print? Please e-mail wolfmagic53@hotmail.com Thank you. Ruby In microsoft.public.money, wolfmagic53@hotmail.com wrote: >I was given Money 99. Everything was working fine till I >printed out the check register and found it was omitting >the "Memo" section which was vital info I needed. >What do I need to do inorder to get it to print? What you want to do...

Shared email account
I am new XP user. I have set up separate XP accounts for me and for my wife. I would like to have both of us to be able to use the same Outlook email address. How do I set up Outlook so that the 2 XP accounts look at the same Inbox, Sent Items, Address Book, etc.? Thanks, Dan P Locate the pst-file for the account that now has all the e-mails in it. Move the pst-file to a location both can reach (for instance C:\Outlook) Start Outlook fot that user and it will prompt you for the new location. Once configured close Outlook for that user and logon as the other user Open Outlook and choo...

Money Updates #2

Share Calender in Outlook 2007
In our organization, we have changed the the default data file path. This makes the "Share a Calender" option disappear. First of all, is there any anything to work around this? Secondly, if there is nothing that can be done in the above case, I tried sharing the calender by publishing it in Office Online. Apparently the calender is shared but when I sent it to my colleague's work e-mail address, he is unable to access it. It asks for authentication and cannot contact the web server when he enters his credentials. How to make this work? I don't want to go sharing my W...

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

insufficient privilege to control the folder
Hello, Has anyone seen anything like this before? A short time ago my Outlook INBOX suddenly became empty. I had clicked on an email to delete it. When I attempted to delete it said that I had insufficient privilege to control the folder. Then all emails disappeared. Email still comes in but I can't find all the other email I had in my INBOX in the deleted items or any other folder. Thanks, Dan ...

upgrading from Access 97 to Access 2007
I designed a database (forms, reports, et al) several years ago in Access 97 and it continues to work well. I've just received a MS Office Professional 2007 and wonder if it is time to migrate my data into the new program. I've attempted two or three times to do this in Access 2002 and I keep getting error messages along the line of "...corrupted file..cannot be opened by Access 2002 (or some such message)..." The help radio button opens up a box which suggests I do some programming in Virtual Basic to perform my transfer task. The easy way out, of course, is to sti...