Money 2007 add/delete Category

Is there a way to maintain my categories by viewing a list so easily
add/delete categories?  The Category maintenance in 2007 sucks.. I need to
run through every single category just to delete one.
0
Vital (15)
8/26/2006 11:19:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Deluxe or Essential? If Deluxe, use the Account List More pull out,
Categories & :Payees|Categories should show you all the categories at once
and allow you to Move, Modify or Delete them as required. The pulldown at
the top lets you see just Categories or Categories and Subcategories.

"Vital" <Vital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to maintain my categories by viewing a list so easily
> add/delete categories?  The Category maintenance in 2007 sucks.. I need to
> run through every single category just to delete one.

Excel 2007
When I right-click a cell to edit an existing cell comment in Excel 2007, the comment text box jumps down to row 399. My spreadsheet ends after row 50. I can edit the comment text box, but must then CNTL-Home to go back to the top of the worksheet and scroll to the area where I was working. This doesn't happen when creating a new comment, or when mousing over to view an existing comment--in both cases the comment is just to the right of the cell. Just happens when editing a comment. Does anyone know why this happens? I've made sure there is no formatting or other info in rows 5...

How to know when to use category and series fields correctly
I am trying to figure out what options are available when you plug in specifice information to fields. I need to be able to look at specifice information by month and by procedure code. So does that need to be on the series axis or category or etc.? I keep getting all the information for the year listed and I am not able to list it for individual months. When I try to group for a month it says group is not allowed. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks -- ultrasounds4u Not 100% sure of the problem, do you have a number of rows each with a month in one column and pr...

Add comment to entire column
I know you can enter a comment so when you scroll over the column it will show the comment no matter what line you are on, but I can not remember how to do this. I'm not sure it was necessary to re-post this, Cynthia. It's equivalent to multi-posting (i.e. posting exactly the same query, separately, to multiple excel newsgroups) which is a no-no. Please see responses in your earlier post in .worksheet.functions. I've since replied further to your last reply there. It's better to stay within the same thread. Most of the regular responders will read the popular Excel newsg...

Deleting Cells Option doesn't appear
I have a workbook with several tabs. Each sheet has command buttons and macros -- but the format is identical. I want to delete a few cells (not rows, just cells) On some of the tabs, I can select the cells, Edit / Delete / Shift Up However, on some of the tabs, I can select the cells and I only get the option to "Delete Row". I have compared the Options and other settings, and can't find what would be doing this. Any ideas Nevermind -- I finally found it -- I had a Filter that was on. Apparently, even if the filter is not in the area that you want to delete, it still ...

Office 2007 Ultimate will NOT install in Windows 7
Hi, I bought Office 2007 Ultimate through the student deal over a year ago. I have the discs and my product key. When I put the disc in, I type in the product key and that is accepted. I choose custom installation, and then choose what I want. I keep all of the shared office files to install, I just don't install Groove, One Note, Access, or Outlook. When I click install, it goes to the progress bar, and then the installation crashes. Finally a message comes up saying there has been an error in the installation, and Windows will attempt to find the solution. After a few sec...

CStringArray::Add() crash
Would you expect this code to crash? CStringArray names; // add four strings to 'names' names.Add(names[0]); // crash My explanation is that Add() needs to grow the array, and when it does so it invalidates the reference to names[0]. Is this considered the correct behaviour? The most likely cause of your crash would probably be an invalid string reference by the names[0] array. Substitute this with a string literal to verify that the code sample does indeed work without that included. "Flavio Stanchina" wrote: > Would you expect this code to crash? > ...

new 2007 compatibliity
i just had office 2007 installed on my computer at work. we have a shared drive here with tons of files that i need to review and manipulate. however, not many people have 2007 yet, so most of the files created on our shared drive are in excel 2003. (or 97-2003, whatever it is...) when i try to go and change a workbook that has been originally created in the 2003 version and try to save the changes, it tells me access denied. and it isn't the file access because it works on other computers that still have the 2003 version. can someone please help with this? Sounds like a newor...

Importing data into money
I recently purchased Money to replace, hopefully, a DOS- based system I wrote myself. I have years of transactional data which I want to incorporate and which I can convert to almost any format (including any MS Office format) for import into Money. It appears this can't be done, unless I can get it into Quicken format. But if I get it into Quicken, why do I need Money? Am I missing something? If not, I have a brand new Money for sale cheap. Lew Shepley In microsoft.public.money, Lew Shepley wrote: >I recently purchased Money to replace, hopefully, a DOS- >based system...

seem to have deleted 'file' and 'edit' from my menu in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm not entirely sure how I have done this! But I cannot seem to get either file or edit to appear on my Word menu, it basically just starts off with 'view'. <br><br>Any help much appreciated!!! In the View menu select Customize Toolbars & Menus. On the Toolbars & Menus page click the name of the Menu Bar, then click the Reset button & see if things are put right when you OK out. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac <Richy78@officeformac.com> wrote ...

Publisher 2007 #7
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to change the default location that Publisher 2007 saves files to. Can someone tell me how to do this? -- I don't have it here at work but did you look in Tools - Options? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Port Man" <me@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eAsICG6pHHA.3368@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > For the life of me, I can't figure out how to change the default > location that Publisher 2007 saves files to. Can someone tell me how &g...

Deleting UI Thread
All: For getting messages from a DAQ driver, I'm required to have a window message pump. I communicate within a DLL (as some of you already know). I created a CWinThread class with a CWnd created within it. This window is never shown. The window creates and process the DAQ messages as required. The problem is, in debug I see messages in the output window stating the CWnd and CWinThread have created a memory leak when the DLL is closing. Before closing I send a message WM_CLOSE to the hidden window. In the message function look for the WM_DESTROY and call PostQuitMessage(0). How should ...

CRM 4.0
Does anyone know how to delete a CRM 4.0 contract record (with status set to 'Canceled')? I already tried using a Workflow to set the status of the contract record to 'Draft'. But, no luck it didn't work. It seems, the Microsoft CRM devloper team hardcoded a restriction so that users (with full permission) can not delete Contract records with status set to "Cancel". 'Not sure the business logic behind this decision. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Dear Tim, The delete record option does not exist in the CRM 4.0 as a straig...

crime scene add in will not install
have installed visio 2003 standard. downloaded crime scene add-in. unzip ok.run exe ok until try to install to destination visio 11 - message reads 'can't find visio.ini in destination directory'. result = no add in. office build is 2002. anyone got an idea what's going on? i did notice that this add-in is dated 97. Crime Scenes does not work with Visio 2003, though this is mainly an installation issue. I have heard some people were able to get this to work by creating a blank visio.ini file, but I am not sure of the steps. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microso...

Does anyone have Money 2005 trial still available?
Does anyone have a backup of money 2005 _trial_ lying around? I do - contact me offline. Why do you need it? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org/ Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Tux" <tusharsg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127207209.002448.6660@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone have a backup of money 2005 _trial_ lying around? > Yeah - i have it too if y...

More and more corruption Money 2004
My Money 2004 is getting more and more corrupt. For the past six months I have had 'Transaction to Read' now I have transactions than I cannot right click on. The Right Click menu wont appear for some transactions. I have tried repairing from the menu but it does not help. Is there any way to repair this file? Brad. In microsoft.public.money, Brad wrote: >My Money 2004 is getting more and more corrupt. For the past six months >I have had 'Transaction to Read' now I have transactions than I cannot >right click on. The Right Click menu wont appear for some tran...

Queries
Hope this explains it....I have a table called Class Listing (classid, name, etc ), another called registrations (actual registrations, class id, date reg. , etc.). I have classid linked between the tables and my queries run just fine....I need to be able to change the info in the registration table (either change or delete) on a case by case basis...right now I have the info pulling up from a query which I cannot make any changes to. What is the best way to handle this? (i.e...parents register their children for a class, then a few days pass and they call and want to switch to a dif...

Deleted Email Returns
We are using Outlook 2002 with POP3 to retrieve email remotely from our SBS 2000 Exchange 2000 mail server. Whenever we attempt to empty our Deleted Items folder, these messages return as new messages in the Inbox. However, when we access the email via OWA, deletes behave themselves and the messages deleted from Outlook don't appear. This is causing quite a problem. How can we resolve it? Thanks - Larry -- Larry Lentz, MCSE+Internet & W2K, MCDBA GoldMine Certified Professional Lentz Computer Services www.LentzComputer.Net Larry@LentzComputer.Net I have the same problem and it is ...

Purchase Order Deletion
Is there a way to get the userid of the person who deleted an open purchase order? Please help. Thanks. ...

Messages Will Not Delete
Messages will not delete in windows Live Mail and the program freezes when I am trying to delet them...I then have to restart the computer...help. "abert" <abert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA38E135-A4A9-4F8C-A2DB-E2A98D458E8B@microsoft.com... > Messages will not delete in windows Live Mail and the program freezes when > I > am trying to delet them...I then have to restart the computer...help. Have you tried dragging the stubborn message to the Delete folder? That works for me. Grenou It will not let me do that either. ...

Money 98 Statement Import Problem #2
Hi, I'm having some trouble with my Money 98 Datafile. Ever since I imported a certain OFC file into money (at least, that's when I think it started), clicking on the "Update Acccount Register" button after choosing "Read Statement" in the Account register, does nothing. (As opposed to opening a window that allows you to update the account register.) Is it possible to clear/remove the imported statement, or to otherwise fix the problem? Thankyou, Jacob Buys (wjbuys@gmail.com) I'm not sure whether this will work right back to Money 98, but try going to the a...

Office 2007 Help files
Did Microsoft recently change the way the Help facility <F1> works? It seems to me, as someone who used it quite a bit, that they have made a major change, which was certainly not an improvement. On May 17, 4:45=A0pm, Kelli <Ke...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Did Microsoft recently change the way the Help facility <F1> works? > It seems to me, as someone who used it quite a bit, that they have made a > major change, which was certainly not an improvement. Hi Kelli, yes I have noticed that it changed about a month ago now or so. Hi Kelli, In wh...

Excel 2007 Macro/VB Question DDE Question
Hi, So I have a column of cells that are the combination of a other cells in the row and a result of a few "if functions." The value comes out exactly as planned however in order for the data to be sent to the DDE server I need to press F2, go the beginning of the cell to insert an "=" sign and then press enter. I would like a macro to do what I just mentioned and then go down to the cell in the column. I used to write code using C++, but I'm a little rusty and unfamiliar with VB. Below is the formula and then the result of the cell. Any informat...

Using Money UK with Dutch Rabobank
Does anybody know how exactly can I set up Money UK to work with the Dutch Rabobank internet banking? Just downloading statements would be great, nothing else I really need... Thanks! Aleks If you can download as OFX from the Dutch site, then just see what happens - the UK version might just be able to intercept the download and process it correctly. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion....

add content filtering
hi there, Could you explain detail steps how to add rule at Connection filtering tab on message delivery properties? For example I already subscribe to spamhaus.org, then I click add then what ...? thanks Here is a link that explains how you configure Connection Filtering in Exchange 2003: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823866 -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "beam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ec01c46d64$159eeab0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > hi there, > Could y...

Money 2004 #47
I currently have Bank One's Special Edition of Money 2002. It is giving me problems, so I purchased Money 2004. It won't install unless I remove the existing 2002 version. I am reluctant to do this because I am afraid I will lose all the current data. Help? >Subject: Money 2004 >From: "Phil" anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com >Date: 2/11/2004 5:53 PM Eastern Standard Time >Message-id: <e5c301c3f0f1$cf1f5eb0$a301280a@phx.gbl> > >I currently have Bank One's Special Edition of Money >2002. It is giving me problems, so I purchased Mon...