Money 2006 won't open

Recently had problems with the IE8 upgrade.  It screwed up everything so much
that I'm back with IE6, which seems to be working OK.

But now MS-Money won't open.  The msmoney.exe file is running because I can
see it in Task Manager.  Even when I end the process in Task Manager, the
program still won't open on the desktop.  Rebooting doesn't solve anything.
Any ideas?

Windows XP, SP3
0
snavegerg (1)
6/3/2009 11:57:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Have you tried:

1) Opening the Money Sample data file? (This will isolate problems with your
data file from problems with the application itself.)

2) Reinstalling Money?

snavegerg | 2009-06-03 | 6:57:01 AM wrote:

>Recently had problems with the IE8 upgrade.  It screwed up everything
>so much that I'm back with IE6, which seems to be working OK.
>
>But now MS-Money won't open.  The msmoney.exe file is running because
>I can see it in Task Manager.  Even when I end the process in Task
>Manager, the program still won't open on the desktop.  Rebooting
>doesn't solve anything.  Any ideas?
>
>Windows XP, SP3

I suspect Money requires Internet Explorer version 7.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
> Have you tried:
>
> 1) Opening the Money Sample data file? (This will isolate problems with
> your data file from problems with the application itself.)
>
> 2) Reinstalling Money?
>
> "snavegerg" <snavegerg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Recently had problems with the IE8 upgrade.  It screwed up everything so
>> much
>> that I'm back with IE6, which seems to be working OK.
>>
>> But now MS-Money won't open.  The msmoney.exe file is running because I
>> can
>> see it in Task Manager.  Even when I end the process in Task Manager, the
>> program still won't open on the desktop.  Rebooting doesn't solve
>> anything.
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Windows XP, SP3

0
Sgt (1)

Can not open email item
Keep getting this message " Can't open this item. The object could not be found." when trying to read email from a person sending from aol. ...

Money 2004 Small Business: Invoice Date vs. Due Date / recurring invoice
I'm trying to set up a recurring invoice to be sent out on a monthly basis. The only way I figure to do this is by entering it into bills and deposits but that wont create an invoice for me automatically. Is there a way? Also, when I create a new invoice, it asks for the date that is pre-filled with todays date. That would be fine if that were the Invoice Date but when viewing the invoice preview, the Due Date is taken from that field also. Therefore, Invoice Date is the same as Due Date. That ain't gonna cut it. I need to bill 2 weeks in advance. Any thoughts? Thanks, BCPower ...

log file of email open time/date
Hi, I needed to know if there is a way to keep a log file or to view information about when the emails I receive are opened. I probably needed information like date and time. I am the person opening the emails but I needed to show someone when I opened them. Emails are coming from various different people using different email software, so it can't be tracked from their end. I have Outlook 2000, but might need to use it in different versions of Outlook. so if you know of a feature that I can use, can you also tell me if it's available for different versions? thanks a lot. I apprec...

20+ different Excel documents open at one time
We have a user when he open Excel for the first time, 20+ different Excel documents opens up. User must close all unwanted documents, leaving excel open before he can then continue to work. User is on W2K using Office 2000 Pro. Prior to that, we had installed Office 2000 Prem. We did a completed uninstall of the Prem addition and then a fresh load of Pro, but the problem is still there. Hi Check out Tools>Options..General first And see if the "At startup: open all files in" is empty -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "tb...

Unable to open Pivot table on Excel 2003 & 2007
Hi, My application using Java ExcelWriter writing file stream to generate Ms Excel report for my analysis purpose and some of the reports are required to provide Pivot Table feature on Ms Excel report. It works fine for Ms Excel 2002 or below. But my problem is, after I upgraded the Ms Excel to 2003, even 2007 version, the generated Excel report unable to "DIRECT" open by Excel 2003 and 2007 on IE. I get the following error : "Can not open PivotTable source file [temp[1].xls]Sheet1". Also pivot tables don't get populated. Could anybody know how to deal with this probl...

Synchronization problem with Money 2004
Hi I am running Money 2004 on a PC under Windows XP Home with Service Pack 2 installed. I have recently invested in a HP iPAQ hx2490 and have it set up to synchronize through a USB cradle. Synchronization settings include contacts, calendar, notes, files and Microsoft Money data. All went well until 10th.Feb or thereabouts, when Microsoft Money Data stopped synchronizing, with the message "Attention Required" opposite the Microsoft Money listing. All other data continues to synchronize satisfactorily. HP support tell me that since other data continues to synchronize satisfac...

Media Player 11 Flying Off Screen When Opened !
How Can I Fix This ? ...

money 2006
MS Money 2006 1. create a new empty money file using a MS passport account. enable access money on the web and choose to ignore any existing accounts that may be pushed from your passport account. 2. add a Chase credit card: your account is downloaded successfully. 3. click Tools -> Internet Updates -> Read call summary messages MSN Money Syncronization actual: Updates are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. 4. try adding any other account from any institution: actual: Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Please advise. ...

Cannot open browser window from outlook link
Hi Group, When I click on a link to a website on an email I receive, the browser window hangs and will not open the website page. I have looked to see if I have something checked to stop the window opening but cannot see anything related to this. Can one of you experienced people advise on this. I'm using Windows 98 and Outlook 6. Thanks, Steve Could you please reply personally as by the time I look for my posting it disappears way down the list because this is such a large posting group each day - cheers! -- BYE, BYE INTERNATIONAL CALL CHARGES! Telephone USA, Aus and most of Europe fro...

Office v.X crashes when opening documents
This problem is half due to what appears to be an Apple Mac OS X bug, and half a bug subsequently exposed in Office v.X, I am therefore posting it here to see if I can get feedback on the Microsoft Office v.X issue. The version of Office is v.X with all the available patches including 10.1.5. [ THE APPLE PART OF THE PROBLEM ] I have come across a bizarre problem using Mobile Accounts with Managed Preferences. I would be interested to hear if anyone else can reproduce it. This is affecting all our laptops (and therefore laptop users). All are running Mac OS X 10.3.5 as is the server. As no...

Opening Files/Folders
I am using Microsoft Excel 2000. When I click on the Open menu option, the Open box pops up in the directory I normally use. The directory contains a number of folders and a few Excel files. It defaults to highlighting the first Excel file. But, in most instances I need a file folder and have to use the scroll bar to go left to select the folder. Is there a way I can set up Excel so that when I Open, it will highlight the first folder in the directory and not the first file? If you click on Tools>Options and select the General tab, you will se the "Default File Location" ...

Money 2003 restore backup asking for a non existent password
I have microsoft money 2003 at my work and wanted to have the same data there in my home. So i made a backup, put on a pendrive and brought it to home. Installed microsoft money 2003 in my home and tried to restore this backup. Money 2003 insists asking a password that does not exist in the original backup file. I already tried to use the repair tool and didn't work. So, what i have to do to make the backup work and does not ask a password that does not exists? Thank you Calil, This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database application. You'll have bette...

Money 2006 wants to dial out
I am a new user of Money 2006 Standard Edition and every time I run it the program wants to dial out. I have no need for this feature and would like to know how to disable this. I use my banks software to download account info into my Money 2006 program and this works for me. Any help is greatly appreciated . Thanks jmc In microsoft.public.money, jmc wrote: >I am a new user of Money 2006 Standard Edition and every time I run it the >program wants to dial out. I have no need for this feature and would like >to know how to disable this. I use my banks software to downloa...

Excel 2003 calculates new on closing/opening outlines
Hello, I have a very big workbook containing thousands of formulas and outlines as well as self-programmed functions (in an AddIn). Now I recognized that Excel recalculates nearly my complete workbook on closing/opening outlines. So I took a closer look at it and found that Excel recalculates all those formulas again which are located outside the outline - but which use cells in side that outline. For example if formula in cell A1 contains "=B5*A2" and then I open/close an outline so that B5 becomes visible/invisible then formula in A1 is recalculated. But this does not happen in an...

Money not updating stock prices
I use MS Money 2004 Deluxe and update my stock prices on-line everyday without a problem. Today, it won't update. Anyone else having the same problem? How can we tell if the problem is with Microsoft's server? Thanks to all. Using M2005 and having same problem. In fact NOTHING will download, including bank statements. "Chuck Leven" <CHLeven@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5vQ3t5GFHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I use MS Money 2004 Deluxe and update my stock prices on-line everyday >without a problem. Today, it won't update. Anyone else h...

Portfolio Buy Calculation Money 2004
If I send a mutual fund a check for $2,500.00 and their statement states that I bought 48.819 shares at 51.21 Money calculates a cost of $2,500.02 and puts that amount in my check register and my portfolio. Is there any way to force Money to accept the actual cost? Does this problem exist in the most recent version of Money? Don't enter the per share cost - just the number and total cost. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically a...

moving Money software from office laptop to new personal laptop
Hi, Currently I am using Money software on my office Laptop. I have purchased a new personal laptop. Can anyone suggest how this software can be moved. Thanks. Just install the software from the CD it came on to the other machine, and copy over your .MNY file. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not res...

Stopping the PERSONAL spreadsheet from opening at startup
I'm not sure what I did, but suddenly the PERSONAL file opens a spreadsheet when I start up Excel. Before, I had access to the macros in my PERSONAL file without a spreadsheet being open, and I'd like to get back to that setup if possible. Thanks! Hi it always opens (when you have a macro in there) but normally it opens as a hidden file ... so start excel, ensure personal.xls is in focus and choose window / hide from the menu, close and reopen excel and it should then be "back to normal" Cheers JulieD "Nexan" <Nexan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Money 2004 Adds ... Improved Online Bill Pay
I saw this on Microsoft's M04 website (http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/upgrading.asp). Can anyone explain what is 'imporved' in the bill pay functionailty in M04? Help>Financial Services>Two years free from MSN Bill Pay Click Get Started The periods of the free services described at the bottom of the page have been extended from Money 2003 I believe >-----Original Message----- >I saw this on Microsoft's M04 website >(http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/upgrading.asp). > >Can anyone explain what is 'imporved' in the bill pay functionail...

Cannot Utilize a Macro When Excel Is Opened By Another Program
I have created a macro in the Personal.xls workbook that is located in my XLStart folder that works as I desire whenever I open a workbook. I have a second program that manipulates various Access databases and will automatically export an Excel spreadsheet of data by pressing one key. My problem is that when this second program automatically open a spreadsheet with the data in it I can not execute the macro for some reason. I am using Microsoft Office 2003. Any help is appreciated. Doesn't anyone have any idea or info on this issue? "Jim Chesher" <jchesher1@sc...

Bizarre Excel/Word Document Opening Problem
Whenever I open a document in MS Excel 97 or in MS Word 97, I get this strange message: "A document with the name [insert name here] is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open, or rename one of the documents." But I don't have two documents open. all of my documents have a unique name. This happens all the time, even after restarting. I use Windows XP Home and this has always been the case since I bought the computer. The on...

money essentials and online statements
I purchased Money Essentials about a month ago. I was able to connect to and download info for National City Bank that one time. I haven't been able to download info from the bank to Money since then. Also, I have never been able to connect online with ING Direct. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! ~Mary ...

Open and Work Files
Hi, A very basic questions.... What data the "open" and "Work" files store? DO they store only the posted, Unposted, Applied or historical information? Does the storage differs based on the modules? Regards, Manish Agarwal WORK: Unposted data in 10000 series tables OPEN: Posted data in 20000 series tables HISTORY: Historical data in 30000 series tables "Pavan" wrote: > Hi, > > A very basic questions.... > > What data the "open" and "Work" files store? DO they store only the posted, > Unposted, Applied or historical ...

Money 2005 #23
On Money 2005, I can't find the Loan mortgage Calculator that was on earlier versions. Any Ideas. Thanks ...

Slow opening of word document with automation
In the following code with wich I open a word document from access with automation it takes about 20 seconds before the file is opened. What can cause this? I heb tried to disable the viruscontrol but this won't work. I have added 2 msgbox commands to count the time between 1 and 2 and this is about 20 seconds. Sub OpenWordDocument(Documentnaam As String) On Error GoTo HandleErr Dim Teller, AantalWoorden, WordApp As Word.Application On Error Resume Next Set WordApp = GetObject(, "Word.Application") If err.Number <> 0 Then Set WordApp = Cre...