Money 2006 Trial version #3

Hello,

I downloaded Money 2006 and I paid for it.  When I run it, it says I am
running a trial version.

What happened?
Can I re-download the real thing.
This is Money 2006 Standard.

Thank you.
0
Samk (10)
11/29/2005 5:08:09 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Sam K wrote:

>I downloaded Money 2006 and I paid for it.  When I run it, it says I am
>running a trial version.
>
>What happened?
>Can I re-download the real thing.
>This is Money 2006 Standard.

Start with the trial, as you have done.   When
Money uses a file with the same Passport that you used when you
bought Money, it should download the appropriate things and adjust
the version that you see in Help->About....

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889930
and follow it if you want your Money file to use the same Passport
on your Money file that you used when you bought Money.

If you want something other than to do that, do something slightly
different.  Create a NEW empty file (named perhaps Temp.mny) that
you put the referenced Passport onto.  Let Money download data that
it needs.  Close Money.  Restart Money.

Confirm that Money shows the right version.  Then click on your
real Money file that is shown on the bottom of the File menu.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/29/2005 6:13:06 AM
I'm having this problem as well. I actually had 2006 installed and running
but was having trouble with GP faults when exiting my money file. Tried
repairing the file but still error on exit so tried un-install and
re-install, got it to re-download components (reports etc) but when it
finished it went back to saying trial version. Checked the billing site per
the KB and it has "Cancled" as the status next to my Money 2006 purchase!

-Ron

> In microsoft.public.money, Sam K wrote:
>

>>I downloaded Money 2006 and I paid for it.  When I run it, it says I am
>>running a trial version.
>>
>>What happened?
>>Can I re-download the real thing.
>>This is Money 2006 Standard.
>
> Start with the trial, as you have done.   When
> Money uses a file with the same Passport that you used when you
> bought Money, it should download the appropriate things and adjust
> the version that you see in Help->About....
>
> See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889930
> and follow it if you want your Money file to use the same Passport
> on your Money file that you used when you bought Money.
>
> If you want something other than to do that, do something slightly
> different.  Create a NEW empty file (named perhaps Temp.mny) that
> you put the referenced Passport onto.  Let Money download data that
> it needs.  Close Money.  Restart Money.
>
> Confirm that Money shows the right version.  Then click on your
> real Money file that is shown on the bottom of the File menu.

0
rmann7 (7)
11/30/2005 10:25:37 PM
Why there is an "End date:" I don't know but suspect it may have something
to do with the "Cancled" status and "Trial version" status in the software
after un-install and re-install. Couldn't find a support link to send an
email (all the support links took me in circles from one FAQ page to
another). Suggestions?

From the billing page:
***************************************
Microsoft Money 2006 Standard (one-time charge of $29.95 plus tax)
Purchased:
7/22/2005
End date:
8/22/2005
********************

"Ron Mann" <rmann7@msn.com> wrote in message
> I'm having this problem as well. I actually had 2006 installed and running
> but was having trouble with GP faults when exiting my money file. Tried
> repairing the file but still error on exit so tried un-install and
> re-install, got it to re-download components (reports etc) but when it
> finished it went back to saying trial version. Checked the billing site
> per the KB and it has "Cancled" as the status next to my Money 2006
> purchase!
>
> -Ron
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Sam K wrote:
>>

>>>I downloaded Money 2006 and I paid for it.  When I run it, it says I am
>>>running a trial version.
>>>
>>>What happened?
>>>Can I re-download the real thing.
>>>This is Money 2006 Standard.
>>
>> Start with the trial, as you have done.   When
>> Money uses a file with the same Passport that you used when you
>> bought Money, it should download the appropriate things and adjust
>> the version that you see in Help->About....
>>
>> See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889930
>> and follow it if you want your Money file to use the same Passport
>> on your Money file that you used when you bought Money.
>>
>> If you want something other than to do that, do something slightly
>> different.  Create a NEW empty file (named perhaps Temp.mny) that
>> you put the referenced Passport onto.  Let Money download data that
>> it needs.  Close Money.  Restart Money.
>>
>> Confirm that Money shows the right version.  Then click on your
>> real Money file that is shown on the bottom of the File menu.

0
rmann7 (7)
11/30/2005 10:50:51 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Ron Mann wrote:

>I'm having this problem as well. I actually had 2006 installed and running
>but was having trouble with GP faults when exiting my money file. Tried
>repairing the file but still error on exit so tried un-install and
>re-install, got it to re-download components (reports etc) but when it
>finished it went back to saying trial version. Checked the billing site per
>the KB

Create a Money file with the Trial version, and put the same
Passport on it that you used when you upgraded.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/30/2005 11:40:47 PM
Thanks but I already tried that with no change. Note that before I
un-installed/re-installed Money 2006 Standard that I had it working without
the "Trial" status (the re-install was an attempt to solve a different
problem). Both the first time and this time when installing Money 2006 I had
to disable McAfee Virus protection in order for the post install updates to
download successfully -- it's after these updates completed and prompted to
re-start the computer that the "Trial" status kicks in (even when on-line,
using associated Passport account, with Virus scan and fire wall disabled).
I've gone through this un-install/re-install/download updates process twice
now and still end up with the Trial version status.

I was going to email Money support desk for help but the dialogs ask for a
valid product id ... but you don't get a "valid" id in the help/about screen
when the software is in "Trial" mode (the trial id doesn't work).

After reading through this news group and numerous KB articles, I have come
to the conclusion that the problem has to do with the fact that the billing
site has my status as "Canceled" for my Money 2006 purchase and that the
"Canceled" status has to do with the fact that the Billing entry has an end
date, one month from the purchase date, specified ... I don't know how to
get a hold of MS to fix it without spending additional money for the support
contact.

-Ron

> In microsoft.public.money, Ron Mann wrote:
>
>>I'm having this problem as well. I actually had 2006 installed and running
>>but was having trouble with GP faults when exiting my money file. Tried
>>repairing the file but still error on exit so tried un-install and
>>re-install, got it to re-download components (reports etc) but when it
>>finished it went back to saying trial version. Checked the billing site
>>per
>>the KB
>
> Create a Money file with the Trial version, and put the same
> Passport on it that you used when you upgraded.

0
rmann71 (3)
12/1/2005 9:50:43 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Ron Mann wrote:

>After reading through this news group and numerous KB articles, I have come
>to the conclusion that the problem has to do with the fact that the billing
>site has my status as "Canceled" for my Money 2006 purchase and that the
>"Canceled" status has to do with the fact that the Billing entry has an end
>date, one month from the purchase date, specified ... I don't know how to
>get a hold of MS to fix it without spending additional money for the support
>contact.

Did you do the steps listed in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889930 ?

Did you phone the number listed there?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Money 2006 Completely Hosed
I've been using this version of MOney with no problems for months. About a week ago, all of a sudden it decided not to recognize that I was logged in to Passport, no matter what I did (tried every single remedy listed in the two KB articles, to no avail) I do have a backup .mny file (not a Money Backup, but just a copy of the file I normally save to a USB thumb drive every time I quit out) from the last time it actually worked. Everything in that file is correct. I had to reinstall IE, and then uninstall Money 2006 and reinstall it in order to get past the Passport thing. Now...

automatically add email address to contacts when replying mail in outlook 2003 #3
every time i send a reply or email to sometime how can i tweak outlook 2003 to save the email address to my contacts automatically?? - Thank you Mayur Mayur Patel <patelmb@vt.edu> wrote: > every time i send a reply or email to sometime how can i tweak > outlook 2003 to save the email address to my contacts automatically?? http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

number format #3
I want to change number format to indian number format form american number format for example: the american format is like 200,200,000.00 I want to change it as indian format 2,00,20,000.00 Adding to M ike's response, #","##","##","###.00;-#","##","##","###.00 to use the same format for negative numbers with a preceding minus sign -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mike" <mike22p@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#gGdQskWDHA.652@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > #","##","##"...

Upgrading callouts and assemblies from 3.0 to 4.0
I have existing callouts and assemblies in 1.1 doct net versions. What would be the steps to upgrade these callouts and assemblies to 3.0? I have made calls to CRM and Metadata webservices from the assemblies. How much and what changes are required to these assemblies for making them useable in MS CRM 4.0? Please give me some ideas.. -- romeo!! For a complete conversion there are a few steps, depending on how you use the webservices this may take some work. 1. Create the new plug-in assembly classes: these classes must implement the IPlugin interface. In the Execute method you must ma...

Calendar in Bills Summary MS Money Plus Deluxe
I have MS Money Plus Deluxe and in the Bills Summary page my calendar will not show. I have the "Show Calendar" check box checked. It show the current date on the right side ( 9/17/2007 ). Thanks in advance. ...

Bad version of SDK??
I'm just getting started programming in the CRM SDK, but it appears that the documentation doesn't match my version of the SDK, and thus the sample code on MSDN doesn't compile. Specifically, I'm seeing Begin/End versions of all of the API calls (BeginABC/EndABC instead of ABC) and there are some objects which don't seem to be available at all (Credentials, etc). Am I using an old version of the DLL? I'm using CRM installed from a demo disk that was obtained some time ago. I've tried downloading the CRM SDK from MSDN library but it only includes document...

smtp address #3
-- Geoff Kidd ...

i am using trial version of outlook but it wont allow me to reply
i am using atrial version of outlook but when i try to reply to the email it wont let me, the reply word is not lit in the tool bar? Has your trial expired? Did you activate it? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, terry mansfield asked: | i am using atrial version of outlook but when i try to reply to the | email it wont let me, the reply word is not lit in the tool bar? terry mans...

crm 3.0
We put item serial numbers in the Invoice Products and print them on the Invoices. I would like to be able to view and search ALL Invoice Products to find them based on the Serial Numbers. Product Invoice [x] box is disabled in customize entity. How can I change this to enable so that the entities can easily be part of the Services menu? Our system is highly customized so I will accept any ideas or suggestions. ...

Money "Plus"
Is this Money 2008? (Yearly question) Why should I change to "plus" from 2006? The on-line sales info is written for and by children, it seems (as usual from M$). I'm sorry for not scanning the newsboard to get answer my question before I posted. So "Plus" == "2008", and a lot of people are griping. So, can someone in the know document the differences (objectively)? Right now the only think I see of value is maintaining the on-line updates a couple years more. Really, does anybody really think that MS's advise on budgeting is going to be headed e...

Problems with Passport/Money Sign-in
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue with Money: I use MS Money 2004 Deluxe. About every six months or so my password just stops working. I use MSN bill pay and the download features for my bank. First, the online service sign in stops working, then my MS Money login stops working. When I call customer service, they told me "Sorry, you have lost your money file and you have to recreate your passport and start a new Money File." This has happened to me THREE times and only once were they able to fix it. They suggested I buy Money 2007 and it should fix the problem. ...

CRM 3.0 VPC May 2006 Extended Edition
hI am trying to load the VPC Image of CRM 3.0 May 2006 Extended Edition - I download the files - click on the zip file - shows crm.vhd - click on this and then winzip keeps asking for location of file 1 ----- what am I doing wrong or what am I missing? I select a folder and click ok but it keeps asking this -- Thanks in advance for any/all help. ...

Q's about Ultrasoft Money
Hi folks, I just got a Treo 650 and am considering getting Ultrasoft Money for it. I use Money 2004. Q1. How much memory does it take up on the handheld? My Money file is 24 MB!! Where will it fit it all on the handheld? Q2. Can Ultrasoft Money be installed to run from a SD card? Can it keep both the program and data on the card? Q3. Can it do any sync/downloads? I have access to Cingular GPRS, so I have internet connection on my handheld Q4. If Money file is changed on PC and handheld, how does it synchronize the changes? Q5. Can I password protect the data on the handheld with...

Salesprocess not running after migration from CRM 3.0
Hi, We are trying to perform a test migration from 3.0 to 4.0. The migration goes OK, but after the migration all the sales process workflows have an error. The wfl's have the status "waiting", which is OK, because they are all waiting for an earlier created activity to reach the status "completed". Already found some info on an issue where workflow problems could occur when the website points to an IP adress in IIS, so changed that to "All unassigned". This didn't make any difference. After turning on tracing the tracefile for the AsyncService ther...

Downloading trouble from TD Waterhouse into Money '04
Is anybody else having trouble downloading transactions from TD Waterhouse into Money 2004? I've been doing it for years and it stopped working on Friday when I was also having trouble running Money updates. Those now work but Waterhouse downloads will not. It tells me there is a problem with the data downloaded, contact the bank... I've been working with Waterhouse since Friday and so far it still doesn't work :( ...

&[page]+2 not giving me 3....
Greetings I am using two versions of excel - one is excel 2000 where I us the &[page]+2 to give me page 3 and continue numbering the page bu when I send the document to a colleague using excel 2002 in win-x instead of printing page 3, 4 , 5 it prints page 12, 22, 32, 42, 52 an so on. Does ayone have a solution for this? Iva -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In Excel 2002, there is an option on the File->Page Setup screen to start page numbering at 3 instead of Auto. If that option also exists in 2000, then you should be all set. Otherwise; I'm at an impass, t...

Excel creating 'backup' version of my sheet...
Hi, a user noticed that one of his sheets is creating backup-copies by itself... - He deletes the backup version - opens the original sheet - change something - saves the original sheet - closes the original sheet tadaaaaa.... now a new file with 'name backup.xls' is created... He told me that he noticed this behaviour when he was 'protecting' his sheet by a password. Now we moved to Office2007 and he wants to get rid of this behaviour. Any suggestions? (btw, no add-ins are installed!) FOUND, Seems there is an extra checkbox, hidden in the tools options in 'Save...

money keeps updating in the background
money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I can't do anything. any help will be appreciate. In microsoft.public.money, John Gutierrez wrote: >money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from >doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts >and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I >can't do anything...

Sending problem #3
For the last few days, I'll be working online, press Send on an e-mail, and it just sits in the Outbox. Opening the e-mail from the Outbox and pressing Send yields the same result. Pressing Send and Receive on the toolbar has become the only way to send e-mail. I still have "Send immediately when connected" selected in my Options. I ran a virus scan with no results. These e-mails don't have large attachments or anything else unusual. Any ideas? Thanks, Ben ...

How to share Outlook 2003 with 3 computers (peer to peer)
How to I share my Outlook folders, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes? NO Exchange Server! ( I am peer to peer with 3 computers in my office) help! David Create a Personal Folders file on a drive/share that all 3 computer have access to. This PST file can be opened via the File > Open > Outlook data file on each machine. Now for the bad news, Outlook opens the file for exclusive access. Therefore when Machine A has Outlook running, Machines B/C cannot open/work with this shared personal folders file. By the way, there are 3rd party solutions that let multiple machines share t...

Send As permission #3
I am trying to grant a user Send As permission. I enable Advanced view, go to the Users object that I want to grant access to, go to the security tab, click advanced, and click Add, but I do not see Send As permission there. I can grant full mailbox access, but the grantee still shows "Sendt on Behalf Of" in the e-mail when they send for that user. What did I miss? Never mind....you have to do it on the domain controller, not from an exchange server.... "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote in message news:e3MFRAbUFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl.....

IIS/DNS Requirements for CRM 3.0 SBE?
I read my previous posting and throught rewording might make it easier to understand my question. The SBS 2003 server I am installing CRM onto has 3 IP addresses bound to it. 192.168.200.1-3 I am trying to install CRM using the .3 address and applying a specific host URL to it. For instance the .1 address is server.domain.local, the .2 address is app.domain.local, and I would like to use .3 as crm.domain.local. <A Records> for each host have been entered in DNS. The configuration wizard that appears after the initial install defaults to http://192.168.1.3:80 on the final screen ...

Money 2004 Address Bar
Does anyone know how to delete addresses you don't want from the Money 2004 Small Business address bar drop down menu. ...

Can't open attachments #3
On all the e-mails that I receive that show they have an attachment (the paperclip to the left of their addess), when I click on the paperclip, the attachments are not bold and when I attempt to open or save the attachment, nothing works. What do I need to do? Hi, I'm having the same problem. I'm using Outlook 2000, SP3 from MS Exhange 2000. Attachments are blocked. I know this is a Microsoft Security issue, however I beleive there is a registry fix for this. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Marc >-----Original Message----- >Is this Outlook or Outlook Expr...

Problems with Historical Aged Trial Balance Report
I want to use this report in Reports>Sales>Trial Balance After I configured it but there are some customer that appear with the data in the wrong column (current/0-30 days) according their payment’s form. Thank in advance, Jose G. Jose, Could you provide more infomation? What data appears in the wrong column, invoices? credit memos? Also, what payment methods are you referring to? How are they setup? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "jose garcia" wrote: > I want to use this repo...