Money 2006 small business sorting by customers name

Is there a way to sort customer name by their last name?  If I enter name
last name first, the invoices are printed last name first.  So, if I enter
name first name first one cannot find transactions alphabetically.  Any
suggestions?

--
Christopher J. Fazio, V.M.D.
Hope, New Jersey

0
cfazio (18)
5/14/2006 1:48:20 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Compare incoming FROM display name to contact
We send txt to cell phones from outlook, we have these cell users in our contacts as well, (example: phonenumber@carrier.com) is named JOE, when JOE reply’s from his cell phone the FROM display name showing in outlook from the cell phone shows numbers (example: phonenumer@carrier.com) how can I make it show the name JOE that I have for it in my contacts? or maybe some script can compare it to a list in a file and then re-write the info to outlook. Thanks The Outlook mail.SenderName property is read-only in the Outlook object model. You would need to use a lower level API ...

Learn Microsoft Money
Hi, I have a friend who is quite elderly and she wants to try to put all her investments in the Money 2003 program that is on her computer. She has Mutual Funds, Money Markets, Stocks, Bonds, etc. I really don't know anything about the Money Program so I can help her. Do you know where I can get some information on the Money Program so I can help her and myself get her started. Jean money is a problematic program , i suggest a spreadshhet, and let Bill Gates eat rice a roni for a while "Jean Larson" <plarson3@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:KExuc.16980$w3...

sorting and protection #2
Hi folks, Anyone know of a way I can prevent people selecting a whole column when they sort? the problem is that when people do this the surnames become separated from the first names. I realise this can be overcome by clicking in a cell rather than selecting a column, so I wolud like to make selecting more than 1 cell for a sort impossible. To compound matters I cannot protect the whole sheet as people need to put in info. Help! Many thanks, Danny I think it's more of a training issue. But for the most part, I try to make sure I select my complete range (all the columns...

Money 2005 Currency Goof-Up
Friends A word of warning! Never attempt to use Money 2005, If you have transactions or investments in international currencies. In 2005, Money gives you the option of choosing their in-built currency in place of any custom currency we have created. But, this is implemented defectively. 1. Money 2005's list of currencies for converting "Custom Currencies" is different from the full list of currencies, which it displays after the file has been converted. For examply, the currencies "UAE Dhiram" and also "Indian Rupee" do not appear in the list di...

How can I add a column of names for example
I have A2 = adrienne, A3 = Joe how do I do the formuala to make their names = 2 This formula counts the number of non-blank cells in A2:A5 =COUNTA(A2:A5) Does that help? -------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) (XL2003, Win XP) "christina" <christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28F5908A-C131-413B-87D8-7040A71C9275@microsoft.com... >I have A2 = adrienne, A3 = Joe how do I do the formuala to make their >names > = 2 "Ron Coderre" wrote: > This formula counts the number of non-blank cells in A2:A5 >...

Manager Error 'Bad File name or Number'
I keep getting this message on one of my machines when I try to open manager. Admin and POS both open and operate fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Open Administrator and go to File/Configuration. Check the Paths and Templates Tabs - you probably have an invalid path or filename in one of those fields. If you are using files shared on the network, you may not have permission to access the files or folders. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ----------------------...

Custom border problem #2
Having difficulty creating a custom border around a text box in Publisher 2000. After seleccting the graphic to use, we get the message that Publisher cannot open the file. It is not a question of file complexity or on a network as we see the same message no matter where the source. The account in question is a limited account, which we are assured, has managed to create custom borders in the past. I tried making a border in the admin account and it works OK which would suggest it is a question of permissions, but why should be so and why did it work once but no longer? TIA TWK Can ...

Questions on Business Portal
Can anyone help me with these quetions: 1. Does the Business Portal support Apples’ Safari web browser? 2. What version of SharePoint is needed to support Project Time and Expense Reporting? Thanks. LR 1.) Some parts of Business Portal use ActiveX controls. I don't believe Safari runs those? 2.) Business Portal 3.0 (for GP9) needs WSS 2.0 Business Portal 4.0 (for GP10) needs WSS 3.0 or Sharepoint 2007 "LR" wrote: > Can anyone help me with these quetions: > > 1. Does the Business Portal support Apples’ Safari web browser? > 2. What version of SharePoi...

How to decouple MS Money from requiring online access?
I just tried to open Money '07 because I wanted to enter some transactions and check to see if a specific transaction had been entered, all +locally+. Nothing that requires online access. Money is refusing to accept my login. The Windows Live ID server must be down or something. Money is refusing to let me access MY data AT ALL, even with the "I want to sign in to Money directly, without access to all online services" checked. How the frak do I access MY DATA on MY COMPUTER when the remote system isn't responding? -- Jeffrey Kaplan ...

Problem with entering data in Pocket PC version of Money 2004
Dear all, When I synchronize my Pocket PC with my PC, all the data I had entered on the Pocket PC version of the Money 2004 disappeared on both PC and Pocket PC. Can anybody tell me what 's that problem and how to avoid. Thank you very much. -Kien Bui ...

#NAME? is driving me crazy
When I load a spreadsheet from our servers on the network, I get #NAME? errors all over the place. Other people can load it just fine. Any ideas what the problem might be? Jeff, One cause may be that you don't have the Analysis Tool Pack loaded. Go to the Tools menu, choose Add-Ins and put a check next to the Analysis Tool Pack. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Jeff" <jeff@globaldataguard.com> wrote in message news:0e6c01c36270$c4897db0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I load...

Money 2000 Question
I've installed Money on my laptop but it keeps asking for a CD in drive D: which is my CD-ROM. I have 3.2GB of hard drive space left. It asks Cancel, Retry, Continue. I click Continue and all works well. Just aggravating that it keeps asking for the CD. My backup is to A: drive. Any suggestions? -- Thanks.....Bill Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY In microsoft.public.money, Willy wrote: >I've installed Money on my laptop but it keeps asking for a CD in drive D: >which is my CD-ROM. I have 3.2GB of hard drive space left. >It asks Cancel, Retry, Continue. I click...

Creating custom tables in Dex
Hi, Is there an easier way to create custom tables through Dex than creating datatypes, fields, and then the table? I have a table with close to 300 fields, and this seems quite tedious. Thanks in advance for any help. Tom You can re-use any of the datatypes and fields in the Dynamics dictionary, assuming that you are writing an integrating product. If writing a standalone product you will need to create all the datatypes and fields needed. You can also created on-the-fly while creating the table definition rather than creating them all beforehand. Hope this helps. David Musgrav...

Extending Free/Busy information
The default time for displaying Free/Busy information in Outlook is 2 months. Some users would like to extend this to 6 months for all users. If i do this will the size of my Information Store be affected? If so, how much? Currently my Information Store is rather large and by extending the Free/Busy information to 6 months i am worried that this would significantly increase the size of the Information Store. ...

sorting number in ascending order
Hi, I have a query result, and one of those fields are some ID numbers. It came as ="number" format when I exported to excel. When I tried sorting this field in ascending order, however, it didnt' sort right. For example, the order before sort is: 100422 100422 100459 100459 1184 1187 1189 1190 1192 1193 But apparently, I want the sorting to result like below: 1184 1187 1189 1190 1192 1193 100422 100422 100459 100459 But it didn't happen with sort. I then copied the whole column and past specile > values to get rid of ="number" format, and then resorted, a...

Don't want old co name, address in new documents
how do I get Publisher to not automatically include old info such as name, address, title in a new document? I made one set of bus cards and now all docs with those fields automatically are pupulated with these data View, personal information, clear or change all the information you don't want. This information is always included in the Wizards. You can avoid it altogether by creating great designs of your own. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "RosemarySF" <RosemarySF@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Do NOT buy Microsoft Money Plus
It doesn't work on Vista! Crashes on startup. Running Vista Ultimate and Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business Someday Microsoft might get sh*t together but not with this product. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: msmoney.exe Application Version: 17.0.0.724 Application Timestamp: 46a6d80b Fault Module Name: StackHash_d77c Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000096 Exception Offset: 01fb3aa8 OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: d77c Additional Inf...

Custom Footer's
Hi Guys Is there a way of everytime I create a new book that it creates b default. The following custom fields as footer on every sheet. File Name File Location Sheet Tab Date & Time. Thanks in advance. Ro -- racer2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- racer25's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1305 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26916 You can create those fields as you want them and save the sheet as sheet.xls and put it in your XLStart folder. This then becomes you...

DO NOT add any custom value to the Account PreferredContactMethod drop down.
Do not add any custom values to the Account PreferredContactMethod dropdown. If you do, the publish will fail with "object reference not set" in the Event Viewer. The FormXml and FieldXml in OrganizationUIBase will be well-formed but invalid for Crm. If you go back to customize the form you will be unable to edit the dropdown. You will get a Javascript error when you try to. To revert to the version before the change. Delete OrganizationUIBase where objecttypecode=1 and version=(select max(version) from OrganizationUIBase where objecttypecode=1) and re publish. The problem does n...

MS Money 2007 and MS Money Plus Premium crashes on Win XP Tablet
On startup, either program crashes when started. I have removed all virus software. I have tried removing almost everything and still no help. I went through the help for a crash like this and adding all the updates, reinstalled, etc. and no luck. The general error message reads like this always: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 17.0.0.724 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00001010 I am wondering if the tablet version does not work. 2007 worked for a while, but stopped after I installed something, but I did not know which program it was. Does anyone have any suggest...

Money 2004 Small Business #7
I have installed OK and have set up a business file OK. Now I want to set up a file for my personal accounts but when I try it always asks for business info. I tried looking in the help guide but can't figure it out. Just ignore the requests. I have exactly your scenario and have two files one for my personal data and one for my Company. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Marty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Creating account names from money to quicken
Im looking for a previous post about creating the Money's account names in excel to export to quicken. Does anyone remember where this is? Don't recall the post, but it ain't rocket science: Create an Advanced Report "Account balances With details" customized: Rows & Columns: select all except Abbreviation Account: all including closed accounts Export to Excel. Done. "barcrofter" wrote: > Im looking for a previous post about creating the Money's account > names in excel to export to quicken. Does anyone remember where this > is? > A...

Not charging Sales Tax if Customer has Resale Number ??
Hi I have a Master/Detail (form/subform) for Customer Invoices. The Master portion of the form contains the Customer info. Customer number, customer name, resale number, and invoice number. Some customers have a resale number and some don't. The Detail portion of the form contains the line items for the invoice. One of the fields in each line items is sales tax. If the customer has a resale number, then they are not charged sales tax. If the customer does not have a resale number, they are charged the current sales tax rate. How can I handle this situation ? I would appreciate any...

Money 2004
I would like to submit my problem to MS but see previous post... Anyways, I am trying to take advantage of the 12 months of credit monitoring and report, but when I click the link, nothing happens. After that, the browser interface stops working on the services page. I also cannot get to the credit center from any other link in the program. All else works fine... Uninstalled Money. Repaired IE. Disabled all background apps. Win 98..... ...