Money 2006 re-install password problem

Had a bug and had re-initialize my laptop.  Copied the mymoney file to a CD
and re-installed Money 2006.  However now when I try and open my old money
file the program does not accept my password.  I am 99.9% sure of the
password.  It's an easy one to remember and I have used it at least once a
week for the last couple years to acess money.   The password was a local
password - not a windows live password.  Thinking that maybe the file was
damaged I tried some old copies of my money file and still had the same
probelm.
When I re-intsalled Money 2006 it made me enter my windows live id (which I
had to create a new password for).
I am wondering if there is anyting different or special I shoud do durring
the re-install to be able to access my old file.
Any ideas or suggestions would be welcom.  I am desperate, I have a coupel
years of data that I can not access.

Also, incase I can't acess the file, does any one know a company that can
crack Money 2006 passwords?

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Joe V. wrote:

>Had a bug and had re-initialize my laptop.  Copied the mymoney file to a CD
>and re-installed Money 2006.  However now when I try and open my old money
>file the program does not accept my password.  I am 99.9% sure of the
>password.  It's an easy one to remember and I have used it at least once a
>week for the last couple years to acess money.   The password was a local
>password - not a windows live password.  Thinking that maybe the file was
>damaged I tried some old copies of my money file and still had the same
>probelm.
>When I re-intsalled Money 2006 it made me enter my windows live id (which I
>had to create a new password for).
>I am wondering if there is anyting different or special I shoud do durring
>the re-install to be able to access my old file.
>Any ideas or suggestions would be welcom.  I am desperate, I have a coupel
>years of data that I can not access.
>
>Also, incase I can't acess the file, does any one know a company that can
>crack Money 2006 passwords?

I would try making a repaired version of your file with
File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level2

If that operation seems successful, but Money 2006 cannot open your
resulting file, it is probable that the file was created with a
newer version of Money. The extension for the backup file would tell
what vintage of Money created your Money file.

In that case, you could install the trial version of Money Plus
Deluxe. If that reads your file successfully, then either convert to
Quicken, or buy Money Plus Deluxe via Ebay.

0
Cal
12/9/2009 10:34:17 PM
If you copied your mny file to a CD is became Read Only.  When you copied it
back to your hard drive it retained that Read Only attribute.  Using Windows
Explorer, uncheck the Read Only box in the properties of your mny file.  See
if that solves your problem.
--
Peace,
BobJ

> In microsoft.public.money, Joe V. wrote:
>
>>Had a bug and had re-initialize my laptop.  Copied the mymoney file to a
>>CD
>>and re-installed Money 2006.  However now when I try and open my old money
>>file the program does not accept my password.  I am 99.9% sure of the
>>password.  It's an easy one to remember and I have used it at least once a
>>week for the last couple years to acess money.   The password was a local
>>password - not a windows live password.  Thinking that maybe the file was
>>damaged I tried some old copies of my money file and still had the same
>>probelm.
>>When I re-intsalled Money 2006 it made me enter my windows live id (which
>>had to create a new password for).
>>I am wondering if there is anyting different or special I shoud do durring
>>the re-install to be able to access my old file.
>>Any ideas or suggestions would be welcom.  I am desperate, I have a coupel
>>years of data that I can not access.
>>
>>Also, incase I can't acess the file, does any one know a company that can
>>crack Money 2006 passwords?
>
> I would try making a repaired version of your file with
> File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level2
>
> If that operation seems successful, but Money 2006 cannot open your
> resulting file, it is probable that the file was created with a
> newer version of Money. The extension for the backup file would tell
> what vintage of Money created your Money file.
>
> In that case, you could install the trial version of Money Plus
> Deluxe. If that reads your file successfully, then either convert to
> Quicken, or buy Money Plus Deluxe via Ebay.

0
Marilyn

Bizarre Problem with Copy/Paste
Hi Excel Gurus, Got an odd problem which seems to have cropped up. I am used to selecting a cell and hitting ^C to copy the formula in it, then ^V to paste that formula somewhere else. And... as I recall, the cell I selected for copying would stay selected (ie, it would keep the little dashed border around it). Recently, however, when I select a cell, it automatically deselects itself (the dashed border turns into a solid border) within a second or so and what gets copied to the clipboard is only the exact value in that cell, nothing else. In other words, "Paste Special" only ...

Space problem with .NET 2.0
I am loading an XML file and applying the XSLT using .net 2003 (C#). XSLT will add Space character in the xml. I am using the entity value for space character &#32. it works fine in .net 1.1 whereas in .net 2.0 the space character is not showing up in the xml at all. Any idea why this works in ..NET 1.1 and not the .NET 2.0 parser? However, if I use the entity (&#160) then it works well for both .net 1.1 and .net 2.0. Is this a known issue? Any suggestions on why the space is not showing up with .NET 2.0 would be appreciated. Gaurav wrote: > I am loading an XML file and ap...

Release version won't compile
Hi, I returned to a VC++ 6 MFC project after a break to find that the release version suddenly won't compile. The error messages are as follows: C:\C++ Projects\MyProjects\Fci_098\FBase.h(50) : error C2371: 'UDWORD' : redefinition; different basic types C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\sqltypes.h(93) : see declaration of 'UDWORD' C:\C++ Projects\MyProjects\Fci_098\FBase.h(51) : error C2371: 'SDWORD' : redefinition; different basic types C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO\VC98\INCLUDE\sqltypes.h(91) : see declaration of ...

CRM 3.0 Desktop client installed on terminal Server is not working
I am having trouble getting the CRM 3.0 Desktop client to properly work through a terminal services connection. If I connect to the Terminal server with an account that has local administrative rights on the Terminal server, then RPC to the CRM server and run “LightClient.msi” everything works great. CRM continues to work even after I remove the user from the local administrators group. However, I cannot make a regular user account work. I would like to avoid making every TS user a local admin. Here is the pertinent info: I have a working installation of CRM 3.0 running on a Windows...

A customized Entourage install
I presently have Office for the Mac 2004 installed except for Entourage. It seems that in order to use the Envelope Addressing tool in Word I must have all the addresses in the Entourage address file. Can I safely custom install Entourage at this time without screwing up the other applications in Office. Thanks......Arnie Hello Arnie, Office is designed to be an integrated suite, as you have found out. With the caveat that someone more specialized may come along and contradict me, my strong inclination would be to use the Remove Office tool that came on your installation CD and re-install ...

Backing up with Exmerge Problem
I need to be able to backup Exchange mailboxes using Exmerge. When I run the Exmerge program I get the message. The application has failed to start because EXCHMEM.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. I was trying to run the Exmerge from the Windows 2003 Server that the Exchange 2003 server is running on. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? Many thanks in advance. What is wrong with using NTBACKUP for backup purposes? Barry Johns wrote: > I need to be able to backup Exchange mailboxes using Exmerge. When I run the > Exmerge program I get...

dsum problem
Can someone tell me what wrong with my dsem as the cbmonth is not working =DSum("[AmountActual]","Sales Analysis","[Posting Date Period] = '" & [cbmonth] & "'" And "Revenue stream divsion = 'Production'" And "Type = 'Actual'") Alan - Any field names, table names, etc. with spaces or special characters need to be surrounded by square brackets: Also, what is [cbmonth]? Is it a control on a form? If so, it should be either Me.[cbmonth] (if the code is on the form), or Forms![YourForm...

HP Recovery Disk Problem
Im having this computer problem where Once I turn on my computer it stays on the HP icon on start off and just restarts the computer and continues until i unplug or shut down. So I got my HP recovery disk and put it in because I had this problem before but the second I press F10 it just continues to say please wait and it freezes. What do I do so that I can use the disk to get my computer back? I need this computer for college and I cant afford another. -- 2DChew ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 2DChew's Profile: http://forums.techar...

CRM Report Wizard problem
seems that the CRM Report Wizard when you use seondary records hard-codes a "ModifiedOn" column filter range that limits access to these records to only within the last 30 days and the only way to make it work is to edit the xml of the report and delete the filter..... it that true? any solution? Hi Paolo, The Reports have a Edit Default Filter option available. You can change the default filter from the Modified on to any other atribute you wish. The revised filter settings are then stored with the report. HTH Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions...

Problems With Money 2004 Downloads
Hi All, Has anyone ever encountered this problem before? I keep up with 3 checking accounts on my pc with Mny 2004. Two of the accounts are held at RBC Centura and another at a small local bank in town. I can only do manual downloads from each bank (Which is fine with me), but the Centura accounts tend to download duplicate transactions (That is, transactions that I have already downloaded & reconciled before) into Mny. I even tried creating a new file from scratch, but luck there either. I have contacted the bank via e-mail about this, but they are telling me to go and contact Mi...

I got problem, no stories
I have the money 2004 shut down problem, but when I search, I can not find stories 1 or 2 files? Larry, Are you sure you're looking in the right directory? C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Money\12.0\Webcache (for Money 2004) Try navigating there with a command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd) and deleting them by hand. -Gary "Larry M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ace201c46637$2a60fc10$a301280a@phx.gbl... I have the money 2004 shut down problem, but when I search, I can not find stories 1 or 2 f...

money 2006 stadard hanging
I just downloaded the 2006 standard upgrade and when I start the application it says "please wait while 2006 checks for new software updates, this may take several minutes" that's as far as it goes and it gets stuck and I have to reboot my computer to get out of the program. Yes, I am having the exact same problem with 2006 Deluxe, working on a XP home edition machine...this is a very similar problem that Turbo Tax 2004 was having last year. I solved this by switching to Tax Cut...will we have to switch to some other financial program??? Come on MS support...give us some ...

Can not install Outlook
I have installed MS office 2003 on a new Windows 7 computer. Office 2003 has been activated successfully. I am now trying to set up Outllok and I can set up the e-mail account, test settings successfully, however after I hit next, I get the following message: Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Outlook could not start because a data file to send and receive e-mail could not be found. To add a data file, such as a personal folder file, double=click the Mail icon in Windows Control Panel. So... I go to the controlc panel, open the Mail folder, click on data files, ...

eMbedded vd++ 4.0 problem
Does anybody else notice that objects placed in a group box are invisible? It does not draw the group box as transparent. Can anyone get round this? I don't use embedded, so I hadn't noticed, but there are lots of glitches in embedded. Try changing the tab order so the group box is in the opposite relationship to its controls than it currently is (e.g., if it precedes, make it follow; if it follows, make it precede). joe On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 05:22:01 -0700, "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anybody else notice that objects ...

problem with copy and paste
So for a long time now I've had trouble with copying and pasting certain things in Outlook. Now I'm using 2003, but I've used the last 2 or 3 versions at least. When I'm in a message window, and want to copy an adress from the TO field, let's say, one in the middle of 3 addresses, I can high-light it, choose copy, then go to the address book, click on a group, click add, and in the window that comes up asking for a name and address, when I click in the address feild and right-click and paste, what appears is the name, but not the address, which was clearly selected when I c...

Problem viewing Excel 2003 Pivot Chart fields in Excel 2007
When I’m running Excel 2007 and I’m viewing a chart in a file created in Excel 2003 using the ‘Pivot Chart and Pivot Chart Report’ functionality, I’m unable to see the Pivot Chart (drop down) fields anywhere on the Pivot Chart. This happens even when the file created in Excel 2003 is ‘converted’ to 2007 when it is opened. -- Ronny B Hi, When the pivot chart is selected try choose PivotChart Tools, Analyze, and turn on the Pivot Chart Filter. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "ronny B" wrote: > When I’m running Excel 2007 and I’m viewing a chart in a file created in > ...

Serialisation problems with object[] and arrays
Hi, We have a XSD given by a third party. We are basically attempting to convert this into a class, using XSD.exe, then populating the members of the class from a database and then serialise the class into xml and send that across. The "MessageBody" element (in the XSD) is a choice element and contains 0..multiple other elements and when it gets serialised into a class it looks like this [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlRootAttribute(Namespace="", IsNullable=false)] public class MessageBody { /// <remarks/> [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("Perso...

problem with save files from office 2003
Hi I have strange problem: Im using windows XP and office 2003 When I try to save file form Excel on mapped disk from network I must wait long time and the other hand I can open very fast network folders by windows explorer and copy file from local to network disks Could somebody help me to solve this problem ? thanks very much ...

Money 2004 convert from Quicken 2003
even though I validate my quicken 2003 file and the logs show absolutely no errors, moeny refuse to import data and convert my quicken file over. I'm interested in possibly converting, but it has to convert. Any help?? Thanks in advance. The message money 2004 gives is corruptedd quicken file. In microsoft.public.money, Eric wrote: >even though I validate my quicken 2003 file and the logs >show absolutely no errors, moeny refuse to import data >and convert my quicken file over. I'm interested in >possibly converting, but it has to convert. Any help?? >T...

Problems with adjusting size textbox
I have text in a textbox. When the text amount is byond the capacity of the textbox I get a message. Under the box I see a small "A" sign as indication the box is smaller than the amount of text it can bear. OK. Then I adjusted the size vertically by pulling the lower border downwards. However, when I preview/publish the page, the box seemes to be too much pulled down, leaving a gap after the last text line. How to solve this problem? Bart Pub. 2003. Nudge the text box back up to the point where you are no longer overflowing. Sometimes there's a real fine line. -- JoAnn ...

OWA Launches OfficeXP Installation
It keeps asking for the Powerpoint CD, however I can <esc> through the screens and it works fine. Any way to get rid of that since I don't know where the CD is? TIA Are you sure it is Office XP? This was a common problem with Exchange 2000 and Office 2000... It has to do with the OWA multimedia extensions being installed on the server, and Office 2000 HTML Source edit NOT being installed. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "MeTed" <meted@meted.com> wrote in mes...

Problem with xsd codegen after installing .net framework srvice pa
I followed the excellent MSDN article "Code Generation in the .NET Framework Using XML Schema" [1] to build a substitute for the limited xsd.exe. My code works fine under .NET framework 1.1, but after installing .net framework service pack 1, my code breaks. Below are trivial example files that demonstrate the problem: XSD FILE aaa.xsd ---------------------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <schema targetNamespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:aaa" xmlns:aaa="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:aaa" xmlns="http://ww...

Exchange/AD password changing webpage advice
We're trying to find out what other people are using for AD/Exchange user password changing? We are looking for a web solution that would allow an AD/Exchange user to change their own password either in the traditional manner (must know existing password) or by requiring them to answer a question that they have already been asked and that their answer for is stored in AD under their user account. I see a billion password management solutions out there, but all seem to be overkill...I don't want to setup some huge klunky password management app that does a million other things...

Email Problem HTTP Status 401 Access Denied!
When i send mail from my CRM account it says unexpected error! where as on the server's application error log i get the message HTTP status 401 Access Denied. if you can help it would be great I reinstalled my CRM Exchange Router and it is working now Thanks a lot everyone Rgds Kamal Vahi "Kamal Vahi" wrote: > When i send mail from my CRM account it says unexpected error! where as on > the server's application error log i get the message HTTP status 401 Access > Denied. if you can help it would be great ...

Installing Exchange 12
Hi everybody, I met some troubles in installing Exchange 12 does anybody can help me finding the good newgroup ? Thanks in advance Bleucat When you registered for the Beta did you get any information about newsgroups to subscribe to? "Bleucat" <jeanpaulblanc@[dumy].laposte.nat> wrote in message news:mn.ea547d6561229f7e.55537@dumy.laposte.nat... > Hi everybody, > > I met some troubles in installing Exchange 12 does anybody can help me > finding the good newgroup ? > > > Thanks in advance > > Bleucat > > Andrew Sword [MVP] avait p...