Money 2006: Is there an account for FSA?

Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible
spending account?  And if so, what is it called?

Rod

0
Rod9506 (98)
1/8/2007 3:09:06 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I'm not aware of one. Since it wouldn't really have any properties a basic
cash account wouldn't have, using a basic cash account is good enough for
many of us.

"Rod" <rod@no.spam> wrote in message
> Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible
> spending account?  And if so, what is it called?

So, should I set up a cash account, then, or doesn't it matter?

What IS a cash account?

Rod

message news:%23oQEgetMHHA.2028@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> I'm not aware of one. Since it wouldn't really have any properties a basic
> cash account wouldn't have, using a basic cash account is good enough for
> many of us.
>
> "Rod" <rod@no.spam> wrote in message
>> Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible
>> spending account?  And if so, what is it called?

0
Rod9506 (98)
1/9/2007 1:36:12 AM
If you want to track the balance of the FSA, then set one up. Your choice.

What is a Cash Account? (I'm not sure I know where to begin because I don't
want to assume you have no clue what an Account is in Money, but I also want
to give you a helpful answer.) It's the simplest kind of Account you can
define in Money. I use them for the HCSA and several to represent the cash
in my pocket and my wife's purse. Think of a Checking Account or Savings
Account (of which you may have one of each already in Money) but where the
bank and account number are irrelevant. It's a choice in the Set up new
account list, assuming you are not using Money Essentials (MEss).

Before we get too far out of sync here, let me ask you this: what are you
expecting this account in Money to do for you? Track what you've submitted
for reimbursement? Track how much money is available for reimbursement from
your paycheck contributions? Download data about something from somewhere?
In my case, I transfer money into the HCSA cash account from the paycheck
deduction and transfer money out to checking when they reimburse via direct
deposit. Every year I expect the account to get to $0 before we begin again.
That's all it does for me.

I thought there was a related answer to this question in the
http://umpmfaq.info. I was mistaken.

> So, should I set up a cash account, then, or doesn't it matter?
>
> What IS a cash account?
>
> Rod
>
> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:%23oQEgetMHHA.2028@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> I'm not aware of one. Since it wouldn't really have any properties a
>> basic cash account wouldn't have, using a basic cash account is good
>> enough for many of us.
>>
>> "Rod" <rod@no.spam> wrote in message
>>> Is there anything like a special account in Money 2006 for a flexible
>>> spending account?  And if so, what is it called?

Money Changes Transaction Dates
Hi all, How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have already entered into the register? This happens when I accept/match downloaded transactions from my bank. Thanks! Well, I think I just answered my own question. I found a check box to untick under online options to fix this, but I will post back if necessary. "rustyfender04" <rustyfender1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eY3zaLITHHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have > already entered into t...

defining accounts receivable default accounts
We would like the ability to have limitations on the accounts that can be selected for accounts receviable for a sales order transaction or receivable transaction. Currently you can select any account number for the RECEV trx type. We would like to define allowable accounts receivable accounts to avoid our current out of balance condition. This would limit the possibilities of reasons for ar trade to be out of balance to gl. This is a very hot issue at many clients in trying to reconcile ar to gl. This could also apply to AP!! Thanks, lori b. ---------------- This post is a sug...

Money Invoices
Installed IE6 SP1 as instructed by article, Invoice Designer still locks up computer on save. Attempts to use existing templates results in various script errors. ...

Use of Pop3 accounts for external email
We've been using a pop3/smtp account to recieve our external email. I've heard that using those is a bad idea for a buisness. I don't understand it that much and wondering what are the issues with pop3 and what is an alternative to recieve external mail if not using a pop3 account. We have Exchange 2003. The issue is the company can't archive all user's mail. You know, company's email is representing the company, so the company should keep it as archives. With POP3 email will be moved from server to the client. Instead, you can use IMAP, Exchange Server, or ...

What GL Account does the Adjust Cost Process affect?
We did an Adjust Cost for an Item. In a Journal Entry, a Debit is charged to the Inventory account but on the Credit side the Account is blank. What account should it be used for the Credit side? FYI: We don't have (use) Inventory Offset account. Thank for your help. It's using precisely the one you are not using: Inventory Offset. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "ThongD" wrote: > We did an Adjust Cost for an Item. In a Journal Entry, a Debit is charged to > the Inventor...

Trying to set up account, geting nowhere FAST!
From: "Lenora" <lmandre@windstream.net> Subject: Understanding what Microsoft Communities Date: Friday, September 14, 2007 5:41 PM Hello out there! What is Microsoft Communities all about? Is it something that comes with no charge when you get Microsoft Vista? This is the 4th computer I've had (besides ones at work). First a Compaq that I loaded everything I could from work, the computer guy gave me stuff...did work at home, brought it back to work, and visa versa. Second was a re-built computer that was given to me by a man in the town we had moved to...out of the g...

MS Money 2004 Canadian ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C9_01C3C037.D277B2A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Money 2004 Canadian, does not recognize the Royal Bank of Canada. = Who do I contact to have the RBC Royal Bank Canada added? When I go the my Online Bank and copy my Checking account to MS Money, = in the left pane of the register it tells me my last download time and = date etc. This was from 2 days ago, consequently I can't download = today's account details meaning the register is NOT up...

viewing a user's email account
I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:20:02 -0700, Rossel1 <Rossel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a >possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet >what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? I really hope that the users' employment contract provides for this ...

Multiple accounts #3
I have 2 Hotmail and 1 MSN accounts set up in Outlook 2002. It shows that it sends and receives all 3 accounts successfully, but when I go to the Inbox of the Hotmail accounts, there aren't any messages. Thanks, Rick It says it send and received fine, but problems occur when you set up more than one HTTP account, so it is recommended that you only use one per profile ...

Money 2005 which Australian Version
I currently have Quicken Plus 2002 and it does everything I want and I am used to it's quirks. BUT, I am looking to upgrade if and only if, I can find a version of the Money product, for Australia, that allows me to sync with my PDA. This is the last frontier as far as I'm concerned with these products. I am amazed this is not a standard feature already as it is usually time poor people who wish to manage there finances with these products and being able to keep transactions up to date when in transit and travelling would be the ultimate for me. Quicken also doesn't handle ...

Tries MS Money 2004 Trial.
I downloaded and tried Money 2004 from the Microsoft site. It was an upgrade from MS Money 2002. I installed it beside my MS Money 2002. I converted the file, and it said it created a backup file with ".Mnn" where nn is a version number. It said that if I went back to money 2002 I would need to open this backup file. After testing it a little, I did a system restore to a checkpoint of a week ago (still trying to fix another problem with MS Money 2002). Now when I run MS Money 2002 and I open that backup file, it asks me for a password. The original file was not passwo...

New to Money 2006
I was using Money 2004 and upgraded it to 2006 last night (God only knows, why :)). I started to hate the idea of Passport and Web Publishing my account details and so did not choose the Passport option. I was able to install with regular Money stand alone password and still update all my accounts by downloading them from the respective financial institutions (as I used to do with 2004). The problem is with MBNA America. I want to download the credit card transactions. But the online setup process is asking me for passport setup. I looked at the description of this bank on Microsoft site...

Renaming Accounts in CRM
We are trying to change the account name in CRM, In the Account Name field when we chnage it, it goes through all cases and makes the owner of the case the person that changes the account name. Is there a way to have it not go back through all of the cases ? What you describe is not CRM functionality. Either you didn't describe it correctly, or there is some custom process performing the unwanted action I think you may mean when an account owner is changed, all the account's cases ownership also changes. Now that really is a pain!! "Rcw01" <rwilson01@gmail.com> w...

Update from Money 2007 Premium
I currently use Money 2007 Premium. I plan on installing Money Plus Deluxe. They look to be pretty much the same. Will anything be lost going from 2007 Premium to Plus Deluxe? Thanks, Bob K The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) "Bob K" <BobK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0C34A6-F03E-49AC-8B54-BAFF63BC538A@microsoft.com... > Will anything be lost going from 2007 > Premium to Plus Deluxe? "Dick Watson" wrote: > The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) > > "Bob K" <BobK@discus...

Accounting prediction tool for wages with excel?
Dear All, I have a series of employees (with different payrolls) and a series of accounts (with money coming in and going out during the year). I would like to develop a tool where I can assign employees over certain periods on specific accounts, to forecast the evolution of the corresponding accounts. For example: - Mr. X is paid from January to April from account A and from May to December from account B, his monthly wage is xx. - Mrs. Y is paid from January to June from account A and from July to December from account C, her monthly wage is yy. - Mr. Z is paid from January to August fro...

Money 2004 files to back to Money 2000 program
My computer in Florida has Money 2004. When returning to Wisconsin I tried using the Money 2004 files with my Money 2000 in Wisconsin but the program would not open because it asked for my "Password". I have never used a password before and don't have a password. I have been using Money programs for 5 years and this is the first time I have had any problems. Any ideas? JoeinWisconsin -- -------------------------------------------- Joseph R. Ferris (Joe) E-mail: jferris@tponet.com URL: www.jferris.com ---------------------------------------- In microsoft.public.money...

MSMoney 2006 file on network
Hi -- Is it possible to have the MSMoney file in a shared directory on a LAN, so that it can be accessed from two computers (each running a copy of MSM2006)? What precautions need to be taken, eg., can MSM2006 on both computers be running simultaneously, is there a file access lock (like with Word), or is there danger of corrupting the file contents? Any insight into the subject would be helpful. --Marcin PS. I know of the "share file" feature, but I don't want to use it, since it seems to require that the file be exported to MSN first. PPS. Please, reply to the NG only. ...

Money 98 to 2004
I have a similar problem to Heath 12/22. I am trying to transfer files from Money 98 to Money 2004. Successfully did the small file, but the large (compressed) file gives the error message of: "Money can not locate c:\( . . . )\my documents\ my money or can not open it, possibly because it is read only, or you have no permission to change it, or drive is write protected." Try navigating to wherever your .mny file is on your hard disk and double click on it. That will fire up Money and it will remember where it found the file for the future. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft ...

Outlook 2003 account problems.
There are 2 active accounts in this Outlook 2003 setup. 1. Connects to an internal Exchange 5.5 server - this server does not have internet access and is only used for internal email between employees (set as Default account in Outlook) 2. Internet email account hosted by an outside vendor. Here's the problem. When you create a new message and use a combination of email address that points to an internet email (Ex. you@yahoo.com) and addresses from the global address list (you@internal.only), then select to use the internal Exchange account to send it, everything works fine. But if the ...

using domain account for Exch2003 services
In Chapter 3 of the MS Press Training Kit "Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003", there are instructions for changing the Exchange Services to run under a domain account (with appropriate group memberships and rights) rather than the default Local System account for security & auditing purposes. However, I could not start the services after making the change and reviewed several articles stating that only the Local System account will work - KB Articles 271920, 239762, etc. Is the training kit wrong, or is there a way to do this? thanks in advance, Art ...

Display various currencies in Account listings
Anyone have a solution that makes sense, I would liek to simply list the correct currencies according to the Accounts. Example: I use a Foriegn Bank, the local currency is Euros, I also use my Home Bank which uses Dollars. When I do a listing of the Accounts, I get a display of all amounts in Dollars or Euros and would like to see both. Working abroad! therefore; it would be nice to acutally see what is what. Or should I see Microsoft as on a one track mine set, that it only happens in America! if you have any supportive info please let me know. Thanks in advance ...

Money 2002/ Money 2003
Have money 2003 installed on windows XP. Trying to import money 2002. Can someone walk me through it. I would reload money 2002 but I can't find my disk. It should pull in directly for you when you load 2003. If not, copy the .mny file and open it after you install 2003. Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >Have money 2003 installed on windows XP. Trying to import >money 2002. Can someone walk me through it. I would reload >money 2002 but I can't find my disk. >. > In microsoft.public.money, Richard Conley wrote: >Have money 2003 installed on ...

Money Express does not show all my upcoming bills
I noticed Money Express only shows a few of my upcoming transactions, such as deposits or automatic withdrawals, but it will not show upcoming transactions such as credit card payments that need to be sent within a couple of days. Any ideas? I believe there is a limit of 5 bills that can be displayed in Money Express. <req@req.com> wrote in message news:btodh0puhe0d1jer6mt4s1vhqd99a54i81@4ax.com... > I noticed Money Express only shows a few of my upcoming transactions, > such as deposits or automatic withdrawals, but it will not show > upcoming transactions such as credit ca...

money 2002
In microsoft money - I can no longer print checks - I keep getting the error message "there are no accounts with checks to be printed" - I printed microsoft knowledge ase article 313373 with gives me a resolution that is either incorrect or that I'm not going correctly. Help! If you have more checks to print does it want to print them? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q91. "Marcia R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019701c3b14a$bc496a10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In microsoft money - I can no longer print checks - I > keep get...

Ganhar umas massas/Earn real money !!! #6
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...