Money 2006 Investment Account balance display

I have two Investment Accounts (401k) in Money 2006 Deluxe.  For some
reason, Money stopped displaying the account totals on the Account List
page.  It used to show the account balances and the subtotal for all of my
investment accounts.  Additionally, I now notice that each account now has a
second account with the same name, but has the word "Contributions" added in
parenthesis.  This seems to be new as well.  The data in the accounts still
seems alright.  My investment subtotal on the Account list page shows a zero
balance and there is no balance listed for the accounts themselves.  This
was never the case before.  Is there a setting someplace that I am missing
or that was changed?

0
tgbonzo (13)
12/11/2006 10:39:52 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Money 2006 Completely Hosed
I've been using this version of MOney with no problems for months. About a week ago, all of a sudden it decided not to recognize that I was logged in to Passport, no matter what I did (tried every single remedy listed in the two KB articles, to no avail) I do have a backup .mny file (not a Money Backup, but just a copy of the file I normally save to a USB thumb drive every time I quit out) from the last time it actually worked. Everything in that file is correct. I had to reinstall IE, and then uninstall Money 2006 and reinstall it in order to get past the Passport thing. Now...

Change display name #2
Hello, Currently we're hosting 4 domains. To keep everything organized I've added the location name to the users' display name. Example: LOC1_Bob Smith, LOC2_Tom Smith. This is something we want to show in the users' To: box when using outlook. The drawback is when emails are sent to the "outside" those recipients see that display name too. Is there another/better way of doing this? Thank you, Chris Pirillo <chrisp516@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > > > Currently we're hosting 4 domains. To keep everything organized I've > ...

Post To GL flag on Inventory Bchs Yeilds Out of Balance GL!
The Post to GL checkbox on the Inventory Batch Entry screen MUST be defaulted to checked. I have several customers that have been instructed to check this box. In all cases, we have had situations where this box was overlooked. IN ALMOST EVERY CASE, inventory batches need to be posted to GL. In the few situations where this is not desired, a consultant can turn off posting in the setup and delete the financial batches. THIS SWITCH IS NOT NEEDED and is a pothole. Transactions entered and posted without checking this box show in Inventory Transaction Inquiry, affect inventory cou...

Inventory Item Class Accounts Setup
On the Inventory Item Class Accounts Setup there is a line for an account titled "Inventory Returns". Does anyone know on what type of transaction this account will be used? Also, should it be a balance sheet or income statement account? Thanks, Gene Gene, This account will be used on Sales Order Processing and Invoicing Return transactions if you have set up your system to use posting accounts from Item (instead of from Customer) in SOP or Invoicing Setup. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Replacement hard drive problem/ account access
Hi there, This is my first post so please be gentle! My family computer is an old Dell Inspiron and for a while its been very slow, then it stopped booting alltogether. The problem turned out to be the hard drive was degenerating so we bought a new one, installed it and kept the old one as the F drive so that we could access all the old files. My brother then reinstalled windows onto the machine. So far so good. Until I tried to access my old files. My old user account was password protected and Im assuming that this is the problem as when I try to get into it I get F:...

Adding variables to a static text control (displaying contents of array)
Hello, I was wondering if the following was possible ? I have a static text control in a dialog application. I also have an array which contains about 5 items. I would like the text control to display the contents of this array and then have a button which would move to next position into the array and thus the static text control would display something different ? How could achieve this? I'm using Visual Studio 6.0 and I'm quite new to MFC Many Thanks. >I have a static text control in a dialog application. I also have an >array which contains about 5 items. I would lik...

set up account
? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail server without contacting my isp? Usually the tech suport section on the website of the provider has all of the details you'll need without contacting them directly... On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:55:06 -0800, "YANKY" <YANKY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail >server without contacting my isp? hmm, it kind of hit and miss. most isp's incoming mail servers use POP3 and SMTP for outgoing. the server for incoming i...

Sub Accounts : Owners
We have Resellers & Sub Accounts. The Owner of a Reseller is a sales person, the Owner of a Sub-Account is Customer Care. How do we reassign a Reseller to another sales person with out the Sub Account Owner's name being changed to the same sales person? We can manually change the Owner of these Sub Accounts, but this is a tedious process. Can anyone advise pse? Tracy Hi, In Microsoft CRM this has to do with the behavior of the relationship. Unfortunately it is not possible to change the behavior for subaccounts. If you change the ownership of an account the owner of the subac...

Money 2005
Money 2005 is no longer allowing me to access the program. When I try to connect online I get an error message that my email address or password is incorrect, or the server is down. When I try to connect offline it tells me my password can not be verified and I need to go online. The result is that the software is completely inaccessible. I have tried to reinstall without success. The problem with M2005 is that shortly after release a real show stopper bug was found and a forced patch was needed. Check your version in Help > About - it must be 14.0.xxx.1105. If it isn't you n...

Q's about Ultrasoft Money
Hi folks, I just got a Treo 650 and am considering getting Ultrasoft Money for it. I use Money 2004. Q1. How much memory does it take up on the handheld? My Money file is 24 MB!! Where will it fit it all on the handheld? Q2. Can Ultrasoft Money be installed to run from a SD card? Can it keep both the program and data on the card? Q3. Can it do any sync/downloads? I have access to Cingular GPRS, so I have internet connection on my handheld Q4. If Money file is changed on PC and handheld, how does it synchronize the changes? Q5. Can I password protect the data on the handheld with...

rpc server not available by re-associating mailbox account
hi i have an exchange 2003 in a windows 2003 child domain. we have a branch office, it had windows NT4 and now it was upgraded from NT to windows 2003 als child domain in our forest (now trust between our domains) Before this,we create account and mailbox for people of this domain in our Domain (no trust betwen us) in order to use Exchange (dual account ,one by us to have an mailbxo with it and one local in their domain) Now i dont need anymore to have this and i want to associate the local AD-account instead of the account we created in our domain with the mailbox. so i thougt follow...

Import Accounts
Can I import accounts from an Excel spreadsheet or csv ?. You would need to use the Data Migration Framework (DMF) for the correct approach There is an alternative but it is going to be time consuming if there are a lot of Accounts. That is to import them as Leads and then to convert them to Accounts. However, each Lead needs to be manually converted to the Account and the Lead record type would not have as much information associated with it. Also, if you then decide to delete the Leads you need to remove the Originating Lead field value in the Account first. ...

CRM 3.0 VPC May 2006 Extended Edition
hI am trying to load the VPC Image of CRM 3.0 May 2006 Extended Edition - I download the files - click on the zip file - shows crm.vhd - click on this and then winzip keeps asking for location of file 1 ----- what am I doing wrong or what am I missing? I select a folder and click ok but it keeps asking this -- Thanks in advance for any/all help. ...

Accounts in different currencies
I have bank accounts in Euros and Dollars. Is there a way to assign different currencies to different bank accounts? >-----Original Message----- >I have bank accounts in Euros and Dollars. Is there a way >to assign different currencies to different bank accounts? >. >Go to the account, and choose Change Account Details from the menu on the left side of the screen. One of the details is the account currency. ...

Accessing Fidelity mySmart Cash Bank Accounts
I recently opened a new Fidelity MySmart Cash checking account, but when I set Money 2006 up to download transactions, it gets added in the Investments category. I would like to find a way, however, for it to be listed separately, as a checking account under Bank Accounts, separate from my investment account with Fidelity. Is there a way to do this? In microsoft.public.money, Igzabether wrote: >I recently opened a new Fidelity MySmart Cash checking account, but when I >set Money 2006 up to download transactions, it gets added in the Investments >category. I would like to fin...

Problems with Passport/Money Sign-in
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue with Money: I use MS Money 2004 Deluxe. About every six months or so my password just stops working. I use MSN bill pay and the download features for my bank. First, the online service sign in stops working, then my MS Money login stops working. When I call customer service, they told me "Sorry, you have lost your money file and you have to recreate your passport and start a new Money File." This has happened to me THREE times and only once were they able to fix it. They suggested I buy Money 2007 and it should fix the problem. ...

Money "Plus"
Is this Money 2008? (Yearly question) Why should I change to "plus" from 2006? The on-line sales info is written for and by children, it seems (as usual from M$). I'm sorry for not scanning the newsboard to get answer my question before I posted. So "Plus" == "2008", and a lot of people are griping. So, can someone in the know document the differences (objectively)? Right now the only think I see of value is maintaining the on-line updates a couple years more. Really, does anybody really think that MS's advise on budgeting is going to be headed e...

Display Slideshow on Multi Monitors
I have been running a PP 2007 slide show on Vista laptop for over a year and displaying it out to our Community closed circuit TV channel with no problem. With this I have been running music in the back ground. The other day I attempted to run just the slide show without music but the show would not go beyond the first slide. I set up the show using the following set up: type, browse at kiosk; options, loop continuously until ESC; show slides, All; Advance, using timings, if present; and Multiple monitors switch from primary monitor to the other option (cannot see at this time...

money keeps updating in the background
money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I can't do anything. any help will be appreciate. In microsoft.public.money, John Gutierrez wrote: >money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from >doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts >and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I >can't do anything...

Money 2004 Address Bar
Does anyone know how to delete addresses you don't want from the Money 2004 Small Business address bar drop down menu. ...

Downloading trouble from TD Waterhouse into Money '04
Is anybody else having trouble downloading transactions from TD Waterhouse into Money 2004? I've been doing it for years and it stopped working on Friday when I was also having trouble running Money updates. Those now work but Waterhouse downloads will not. It tells me there is a problem with the data downloaded, contact the bank... I've been working with Waterhouse since Friday and so far it still doesn't work :( ...

Problems with Historical Aged Trial Balance Report
I want to use this report in Reports>Sales>Trial Balance After I configured it but there are some customer that appear with the data in the wrong column (current/0-30 days) according their payment’s form. Thank in advance, Jose G. Jose, Could you provide more infomation? What data appears in the wrong column, invoices? credit memos? Also, what payment methods are you referring to? How are they setup? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "jose garcia" wrote: > I want to use this repo...

POS and Accounting
I have MS Dynamics POS and MS Accounting 2007 integrated on a network and they are talking and sharing info. What I need to know is how can I set up a charge account for customers and be ale to ring up a charge on the POS computer and have it show up in the accounting software. The problem I am having is I ring up a charge at the POS and it subtracts from the inventory, and then when I create an invoice for the same item it subtracts from the inventory once again. Is there a way around this problem? On Feb 23, 4:45=A0pm, Hal in NE <Hali...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I ...

Changing Bill Account Number
I am trying to change the account number that coincides with a telephone bill. (The account number changed when I moved). But when I go into the account details and click the link for 'Account number', the account number field is grayed out and not editable. I've been paying this bill online using a debit card for the past few months because I cannot change this number. Back in October, when they reassigned my old phone number to somebody new, my bill was payed to the wrong account. (I am still fighting this too). Why is it so hard to change bill account numbers in this...

Custom Tool bar button on Contacts/Leads/Account Forms Intermittently not working.
Hello CRM gurus, I have a weird issue with a clients web CRM 3 client. I have modified the 'isv.config.xml' and 'isv.confg' files to add a custom button to the contacts/leads/account forms. What seems to be happen, at times (seems to be random) the picture of the button doesn't show up, but the text does and the you cannot click on the button anymore. It only happens to one client PC, as the rest of the client PCs work without any problems. I have run out of ideas as to why this is occurring. Are there any log files that I can look at? Any help on this problem will be g...