Money 2006 freeze on opening a file

I have been helping a friend of mine setup his new computer, and
everything has gone fairly smoothly except for using Money.  He used to
use Money 2000 on a Windows 98 machine, and Money 2006 was purchased for
use with the new Windows XP machine.

We are running into problems periodically when opening a file. Sometimes
when trying to open a file, when another is already open, Money will
just freeze up.  This does not happen all of the time, and it does not
seem to happen with any certain file.

I have searched around a bit on Microsoft's Knowledge Base but have not
been able to find anything directly related with this problem. We have
reinstalled Money to no avail. It is possible that the problem could be
hardware related, except that we have had no problems using any other
program ( a check disk was also run with no problems found ).

The next steps we will be taking is to run memtest86 and see if the ram
tests out alright. We will also try installing the old Money 2000 and
see if that works without freezing.

Does anyone have any suggestions or have any ideas at all as to what
could be going on?

Thanks,
Sebastian
0
sebas417 (2)
9/25/2006 5:14:41 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Have you tried opening sample.mny on the PC in question?

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"Sebastian B" <sebas417@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>I have been helping a friend of mine setup his new computer, and everything
>has gone fairly smoothly except for using Money.  He used to use Money 2000
>on a Windows 98 machine, and Money 2006 was purchased for use with the new
>Windows XP machine.
>
> We are running into problems periodically when opening a file. Sometimes
> when trying to open a file, when another is already open, Money will just
> freeze up.  This does not happen all of the time, and it does not seem to
> happen with any certain file.
>
> I have searched around a bit on Microsoft's Knowledge Base but have not
> been able to find anything directly related with this problem. We have
> reinstalled Money to no avail. It is possible that the problem could be
> hardware related, except that we have had no problems using any other
> program ( a check disk was also run with no problems found ).
>
> The next steps we will be taking is to run memtest86 and see if the ram
> tests out alright. We will also try installing the old Money 2000 and see
> if that works without freezing.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions or have any ideas at all as to what could
> be going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Sebastian

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
9/25/2006 8:51:58 PM
Bob Peel, MVP wrote:
> Have you tried opening sample.mny on the PC in question?

Yes, only a couple of times though, and we have never had Money freeze
up when opening it.

The freezing doesn't happen every time a file is opened. But when it
does freeze, Money pretty much freezes every time a file is opened until
the computer is restarted.
0
sebas417 (2)

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

Money: Err Msg: Path Has Not Been Properly Set Up
please help.... Microsoft Money. The path is not properly set up in the registry or has been moved after running Money's Setup. Please re-install Money. Otherwise, Money may not be able to run properly. re-instal wont help deleting registry entry dasn.t help. windowx xp sp2 Ms Money 97 (v.5.0) .. Are you using an administrator account to run the software? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://registe...

Money 2005 #50
Trying to restore my date from old xp computer to new vista computer. Loaded program ok, set the path to new location, am logged on with admin rights, when i try o restore says cannot open file. Have not had this on other computers? Need ideas? Thx how did you transfer your *.mny file? If you used a CD or DVD your file becomes read only. You have to manually go into to Windows Explorer and change it back to read/write. -- Peace, BobJ "meg85" <meg85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDA84068-4797-4B43-B215-750D689F8F35@microsoft.com... > Trying to re...

file cloning
I was wondering. How come it is possible to clone a file (using right click copy/paste file), but not possible to do this for other documents (apps and clip-art etc)?. Could it be possible to have an add-in in excel to prevent people from copying documents on their desktop?? -- shnim1 You can copy files that way (rightclick|copy, rightclick|paste). But most windows applications are no longer just simple .exe files (like back in the old DOS days). They usually have tons of other stuff that gets installed with them--and that stuff gets scattered all over your harddrive (windows folder, wi...

Money Central Portfolio #2

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

how to build the netsample ipconfig to the exe file?
C:\WINCE500\public\common\oak\drivers\netsamp\ipconfig\ipconfig.cpp i want to make ipconfig.exe. and i could found the sample code. but it source code builded to the lib file. in ipconfig sources files, TARGETNAME=ipconfig TARGETTYPE=LIBRARY SOURCES= \ $(TARGETNAME).cpp the project is .lib file. but the source code has a _tmain() funciton in the source. it's looks possible to compile to the exe file. how can it compile to the exe file? You can add the SYSGEN_NETUTILS and you will have the ipconfig.exe integrated to your OS. Search ipconfig in the cat...

outlook can't receive exe files

disable Review toolbar which came up automatically when opening a.
How can I disable the Review Toolbar which comes up automatically when opening a file? In the Workbook VBA actions. The top left hand corner there is an Excel logo, not the one in th blue program bar, but in the menu bar. Right Click and select "View Code" There will be two drop down boxes one that will probably say General if this has never been entered previously. Change the box on the right to Workbook. Then Change the right hand box to "Activate" Insert the following code Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False exit the VBA screen and t...

retrieving folders.old file

"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possi
"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because another user has a source table open in exclusive mode. your query will be opened in design view" what this message mean ,and how can i solve it Hi - Please provide more details as to what you are doing when you get the error, what your database setup is (i.e. split Fe/BE?, multiuser?, version? etc). Without more information, we can only guess. Thanks - John amr wrote: >"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because >another user has a ...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Import reg files into Registry, without UAC
Hi, I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without elevation. This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not needed. How can I prevent this? Thanks, Jens Jens M´┐Żller wrote: >Hi, > >I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains >only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without >elevation. >...

Retreive a deleted file
How can I retreive a delted file Hi Janet If you have setup Excel to automatically create backup copies; then check that folder for the last backed-up version....If it is from your PC, check out the Recylcle Bin (on your desktop) and restore the file. If the file was on a network drive you may need to contact your network administrator and check whether they can recover. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Janet" wrote: > How can I retreive a delted file Go into your Recycle Bin. If deleted from there; http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/recover-deleted-files.htm ...

Outlook 2002 (XP) Holidays for 2006
How do you get the holidays added to your outlook calender for 2006? When I do the Holiday Add-in under options it says it can only add holidays for years 2001 - 2005. Is there anyway to add the 2006 holidays? Thanks in advance. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Lisa Beach asked: | How do you get the holidays added to your outlook calender for 2006? | When I d...

Trying to open the current db in Access 2010 through Access Basic
I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a long time. Through Access Basic coding, I use to be able to open the current database and then open a table and walk through each record. Now I can't even open the database. Does anybody have an example of how to do the following: 1) Open Workspace 2) Open Current Database (assume name is unknown during run time 3) Open specific table 4) Step through each record and access the fields George C. Derkacs <George C. Derkacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a lon...