Money 2006 Fails to Update

When I start Money 2006, a message appears saying that "Additional
Money program file are now being downloaded to your computer."

It tells me I can continue to use Money, but when I choose the Reports
module, it tells me that there is a Money Upgrade in Progress, and
that I cannot access that module until the upgrade is complete.
Unfortunately, the download never completes -- the status always stays
at 1%.

I get no errors of any type telling me what the problem might be.

Any idea what is going wrong? Is there a way to manually get the
updates?

0
bkkdave (5)
3/1/2007 10:10:28 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, hurricane51 wrote:

>When I start Money 2006, a message appears saying that "Additional
>Money program file are now being downloaded to your computer."
>
>It tells me I can continue to use Money, but when I choose the Reports
>module, it tells me that there is a Money Upgrade in Progress, and
>that I cannot access that module until the upgrade is complete.
>Unfortunately, the download never completes -- the status always stays
>at 1%.
>
>I get no errors of any type telling me what the problem might be.

XP or Vista?

>Any idea what is going wrong? Is there a way to manually get the
>updates?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/1/2007 10:17:06 PM
On Mar 2, 5:17 am, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx> wrote:
> In microsoft.public.money, hurricane51 wrote:
> >When I start Money 2006, a message appears saying that "Additional
> >Money program file are now being downloaded to your computer."
>
> >It tells me I can continue to use Money, but when I choose the Reports
> >module, it tells me that there is a Money Upgrade in Progress, and
> >that I cannot access that module until the upgrade is complete.
> >Unfortunately, the download never completes -- the status always stays
> >at 1%.
>
> >I get no errors of any type telling me what the problem might be.
>
> XP or Vista?
>

> >Any idea what is going wrong? Is there a way to manually get the
> >updates?- Hide quoted text -

XP. This started about a week ago.

0
bkkdave (5)
3/1/2007 11:29:33 PM
On Mar 2, 5:17 am, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx> wrote:
> In microsoft.public.money, hurricane51 wrote:
> >When I start Money 2006, a message appears saying that "Additional
> >Money program file are now being downloaded to your computer."
>
> >It tells me I can continue to use Money, but when I choose the Reports
> >module, it tells me that there is a Money Upgrade in Progress, and
> >that I cannot access that module until the upgrade is complete.
> >Unfortunately, the download never completes -- the status always stays
> >at 1%.
>
> >I get no errors of any type telling me what the problem might be.
>
> XP or Vista?
>

> >Any idea what is going wrong? Is there a way to manually get the
> >updates?- Hide quoted text -

OK, I de-installed it and re-installed, and it seems to be downloading
the updates now. Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefully it will work!

0
bkkdave (5)
3/1/2007 11:37:15 PM
On Mar 2, 5:17 am, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx> wrote:
> In microsoft.public.money, hurricane51 wrote:
> >When I start Money 2006, a message appears saying that "Additional
> >Money program file are now being downloaded to your computer."
>
> >It tells me I can continue to use Money, but when I choose the Reports
> >module, it tells me that there is a Money Upgrade in Progress, and
> >that I cannot access that module until the upgrade is complete.
> >Unfortunately, the download never completes -- the status always stays
> >at 1%.
>
> >I get no errors of any type telling me what the problem might be.
>
> XP or Vista?
>

> >Any idea what is going wrong? Is there a way to manually get the
> >updates?- Hide quoted text -

OK, after restarting it tells me that my trial version has expired and
closes without giving me any opportunity to enter my serial number.
What might I be doing wrong?

0
bkkdave (5)
3/1/2007 11:40:39 PM
In microsoft.public.money, hurricane51 wrote:

>After restarting it tells me that my trial version has expired and
>closes without giving me any opportunity to enter my serial number.
>What might I be doing wrong?

Try setting the computer date back to 2006.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/2/2007 1:11:53 AM
Reference: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889930

-Mark
"hurricane51" <bkkdave@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> On Mar 2, 5:17 am, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx> wrote:
>> In microsoft.public.money, hurricane51 wrote:
>> >When I start Money 2006, a message appears saying that "Additional
>> >Money program file are now being downloaded to your computer."
>>
>> >It tells me I can continue to use Money, but when I choose the Reports
>> >module, it tells me that there is a Money Upgrade in Progress, and
>> >that I cannot access that module until the upgrade is complete.
>> >Unfortunately, the download never completes -- the status always stays
>> >at 1%.
>>
>> >I get no errors of any type telling me what the problem might be.
>>
>> XP or Vista?
>>

>> >Any idea what is going wrong? Is there a way to manually get the
>> >updates?- Hide quoted text -

> OK, after restarting it tells me that my trial version has expired and
> closes without giving me any opportunity to enter my serial number.
> What might I be doing wrong?

0
abcd7779 (838)

HELP! Send Mail Fail, WHY??
One of my user was able to send and receive mail find when he is at home using his cable modem. When he is at his son's home at VA he was able to receive mail but not send. This happen to him in a couple other places but not all the places. Does anyone know what is going on with my exchange 5.5 server or is it the ISP at where he is at is the problem? Thanks YH Yieng Him <yhim@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in news:BBDE50BB.545F%yhim@mail.med.upenn.edu: > One of my user was able to send and receive mail find when he is at > home using his cable modem. When he is at his son...

Timing of payroll year end tax update installation
I am trying ot find out if the 2007 year end tax update for GP v9 can be applied prior to running the final payroll for the year. If this is just a form update can it be done early to avoid so much stress at the end of the year? Has anyone tried this? (I do not mean the new tax table update for 2008) -- Diane Burbank Dynamics GP Consultant Yes, it can be applied at any time. However, it is not just a form update. It includes service pack 3. The installation will require all users be out of GP during the procedure. All workstations must be updated. Make backups of the databases and the...

Can't change Enterprise Configuration Recepient Update Service
Guys, I tried to change the Enterprise Configuration RUS from System Manager and I received an error 80004005 server not operational. I ve used ADSIEdit to check for the servername but the CN=SERVER object was not there.Is there anything I can do Our Exchange Enterprise Configuration Recepient Update Service is still pointing to old server, this is making the whole environment very unstable. Your help is most appreciated. Environment: Exchange Server 2003 SP1, Windows Server 2003 -- Buchi ...

Office update screwup
Word (Office OSX) has been getting buggy, so I went to MS site and downloaded the update. When I installed, it wants me to re-enter my CD key, which I have lost(along with the CD a couple of moves ago- the life of a student!) I never thought about this as I had a registered version and I thought it would just recognize that and just install the update. If I would have known, I could have jotted down the serial number before the upgrade. Is there some way I can access the serial number off my computer? (Is it still there?) I have lots of projects in the next little bit, and while I can ope...

The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service failed to sta
Several error messages in the System event log as follows: Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7000 Date: 5/12/2004 Time: 3:18:56 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM01 Description: The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service failed to start due to the following error: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Hi Brian I have had same hassle at one of ou...

SendObject behavior different after today's Windows XP updates
A client who runs XP and has been using Access2003 successfully for several years installed 3 WIndows updates today and, afterwords, code I wrote which emails orders to a distributor stopped working. In fact, any use of SendObject seems to be broken. The particular thing that happens is that it says the MS Office 2003 license expired in 2006 and he needs to either enter a product key or pay to upgrade the product. We are both assuming it means ACCESS. If he then clicks cancel on the screen wanting him to upgrade , he gets the text of the email that access generates on his s...

OWA 2003
We have a recurring problem with Outlook Web Access on Exchange 2003. When users try to attach a file to a message, the "browse" box appears normally, allowing them to choose a file to attach, but when the try "attach" it, they get this error: Action canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable. This happens most of the time. Even from within the office at LAN speed it occurs. I've tried this, and sometimes it will succeeds after multiple attempts (so it's not a permission problem) other tim...

Send/receive, operation failed message outlook 2002
Hi, I am receiving a message stating operation failed, with my 0utlook 2002 pro. When I go to tools, send/receive, and click on my account, I can send and recieve, but I cannot do it from clicking on the send/receive on the toolbar, and the auto send/receive does not work. My email settings are set up correctly, as I can receive my test emails. I tried repairing and uninstall/reinstalling outlook, but it did not fix it. Thanks! See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Time formulae
Hi I use these formulae to insert the date and time in separate cells on a worksheet : A14 =TODAY() B14 =NOW()-TODAY() They update automatically when I open the sheet. It would be better however if they didn't do this until I use the Refresh All function. Is it possible to stop these functions updating until I need them to do so? I know I can switch global options off in the Options section of the program , but I'm loathe to do this for the sake of this one sheet. Grateful for any advice. ...

Using Bound Form and controls to inquire and update with other requirements
Most of the stuff I have done in Access mainly dealt with unbound forms due to the fact that I have issues with how error checking is done. It's been a long while since I have worked with Access and now having to get back into it, but only this time with bound forms and controls. I am still needing to use my custom error checking code to get around the fact that without such code, when doing data validation on individual controls (when moving from one control to another) as opposed to doing data validation on the whole form (moving from one record to another record), data validati...

If Insert Fails, then Update
Hi Everyone, I have a table that I want to INSERT the entries into another table, easy enough with an Append Query, but if the insert fails, due to duplicate keys, I just want to update a few fields. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance for your kind consideration Pat. Pat Backowski wrote: >I have a table that I want to INSERT the entries into another table, easy >enough with an Append Query, but if the insert fails, due to duplicate keys, >I just want to update a few fields. Sounds like a two step process. First, update the existing records: UPDATE tbl2 SET tbl2.fa = tbl1.fa ...

Update one Worksheet from Another
Hi, I want to be able to update a worksheet by looking up data from another worksheet. in other words; If Servername in Worksheet A column A equals Servername in Worksheet B Column C then copy serial number from Worksheet B column D to Worksheet A column D. Thanks in advance for any help. OldDog Hi you can use the VLOOKUP function to achieve this. in Worksheet A column D type =VLOOKUP(A1,WorksheetB!$C$1:$D$1000,2,0) this will return the information from column D of Worksheet B where there is an exact match between the data in column A of the current sheet and column C of worksheet B....

Assigning categories in Money Essentials
I'm just getting started with Money Essentials after years of using an earlier version of Money. I see from Help that I can't assign a category to a transaction until AFTER I clear it. This is maddening as my previous version of Money would virtually insist that I assign a category at the time of entering the transaction. This seems to require me to assign it later when I may very well have forgotten the purpose. Not as unlikely as it seems, I assure you. Q. How to assign at the time of entry, please? There's very few Essentials users here but it appears to be an almost...

Converting Quicken 2008 to Money PLus Home & Business
I have long wanted to convert my quicken files to Money. I now find that Money can not convert any Quicken file from 2007 onward. Does anyone know if this will ever be supported? If not, what is the work around? I want to use Money as the small business invoicing function seems to be a bit more flexible. Please help Joanne M. Jacksonville, FL ...

Apply a Recipient Update Policy to mail enabled groups
Hi, I would like to use a RUP to change the mail address of certain mail enabled groups. So far I've been unsuccesful. Any hints or tips are welcome since information on this subject is hard to find. I'm using Exchange 2000. Thx! Check out http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/POP3SvcE2k3/1c031413-4110-4f76-8e3d-e1a42665d90d.mspx?mfr=true. This article relates to POP3 users, but it should point you in the right direction. Jeff Guillet, MCSE "workinghard@news.postalias" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to use a RUP to change the mai...

Update GAL exchange 5.5
HI How to update Global Address list in Exchange server 5.5 with service pack 4. Thanks Shaikh Not sure what you mean by update GAL? SusanV "Shaikh" <smahaboob@dishnet.com> wrote in message news:ebaAdEjuDHA.3416@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > HI > > How to update Global Address list in Exchange server 5.5 with service pack > 4. > > Thanks > Shaikh > > > I mean , i want to update my GAL so that old e-mail address which is deleated will remove form GAL. the reson is i am getting junk mails to old E-mail box's which r removed and system ...

Password Problem Money 2005
Money will not let me sign in to my account. I have tried signing in offline. I have tried creating a new password and signing in both online and offline. Is anyone else having this difficulty? Is there any way around this? I really need to be able to access my accounts. Thank you for any help! In microsoft.public.money, sew4asong wrote: >Money will not let me sign in to my account. I have tried signing in >offline. I have tried creating a new password and signing in both online and >offline. Is anyone else having this difficulty? Is there any way around >this?...

Taskpad Dragging Fails
I've accidently sorted my Taskpad and I can no longer drag my tasks. Would someone please tell me how would get my dragging ability back? I"m using Outlook 2002. Thanks, Jeff ...

Money 2004 unable to import Quicken 2004 data
I have Quicken 2004 insalled and downloade the MS Money trial and trie to impotr my Quicken 2004 data but got message syaing htere were unknown transation ytpes and none of the data gets imported. Does Modey suppotr conversion from Q2004? I have the very same issue here. Money reports a successful transfer but the accounts have zero balances and no transactions. I also tried the export from Quicken and then an import to Money-- Same results. I'm hoping to get it ironed out as I've used Quicken for years but the 2004 edition sux. "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Money 2002 Error 1606 after XP SP2
Just installed SP2 on XP Pro. Now I get error 1606 every time I load Money 2002. I can get rid of the error message by clicking cancel several times. How can I fix this? In microsoft.public.money, Blackstone wrote: >Just installed SP2 on XP Pro. Now I get error 1606 every >time I load Money 2002. I can get rid of the error >message by clicking cancel several times. How can I fix >this? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315352 helps. I get the same problem. When ever I start up my computer, I get an error message about Money 2002 not...

MSN Bill Pay with money 2001
Can someone point me to a set of instructions for setting up Bill Payment from Money 2001. I already have Metavant setup but they are canceling their service at the end of this month. I setup the online portion but when I try to setup the Money 2001 portion I only gives me an option of Checkfree, Metavant, and Bank of Manchester. How can I get MSN Bill pay to showup? Thanks Wade It works fine with Money 2003. I don't know if it will work with Money 2001. Jeff "Wade" <wade.markham@framatome-anp.com> wrote in message news:013f01c34b01$105b5f60$a501280a@phx.gbl......

Scroll window -update the buffer
Hi, I want to change the scroll window line items fields value which are not currently focused (selected line). Ex: If I enter the 5 in line3, the corresponding field in line 1 and 2 should be change to 5. Is it possible without re fill the window after update the table? Regards Jeganeedhi No. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Jeganeedhi" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to change the scroll window line items fie...

Old Money
Hi Im sorry to bother you guys but I have a question re "money". It seems that my "cash acccount" is not included in the overall picture, the balance of this account is not reflected on the "home" page. When I go to "Review your current budget status" page it says I have no income (wages & salary) at all when there clearly is income going into the cash account. The figures relating to the cash account dont seem to influence any totals. Sorry this is a bit hard to understand but its difficult to explain. Hope you can help me. Moose. ...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, miti...

How to Update GP Client?
I have updated GP application on one client machine. If i want to update or incorporate new changes to each client machines then what should i do? Each of the client machines need to have the updated application installed. "Nupur" wrote: > I have updated GP application on one client machine. If i want to update or > incorporate new changes to each > client machines then what should i do? "Leslie Vail" wrote: > Each of the client machines need to have the updated application installed. > > "Nupur" wrote: > > > I have updated GP...