Money 2006 Deluxe Bills Summary Sorting

When in the Bills Summary view and I sort on Account, not all of the line
items with the same account are grouped.  Upon further review, it appears
that duplicate line items with the same Payee, Next Due, Amount, etc are
being created and not properly sorted by Account.  When I resort based upon
Next Due, these duplicates go away and the line items are properly sorted by
Next Due (ascending or descending).
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

When i've seen this before, it can mean corruption in the file. Because you
can see those additional bills, you have the opportunity to delete these
duplicates if you are seeing problems in other areas (such as Budget and
Cash Flow). However, take a backup before deleting any duplicates just in
case of issues.

Deleting, though, can cause issues in the budget, so you may wish to
consider that if you can edit the duplicates, you might be able to instead,
set the remaining occurrences to 1, and then enter the bill/deposit. After
entering it, delete from the account in which it was created. This will
delete it from bills/deposits and also should not cause the issue whereby it
continually appears in the budget even after you've deleted it.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money.
To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

"InTheMoney" <InTheMoney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When in the Bills Summary view and I sort on Account, not all of the line
> items with the same account are grouped.  Upon further review, it appears
> that duplicate line items with the same Payee, Next Due, Amount, etc are
> being created and not properly sorted by Account.  When I resort based
> upon
> Next Due, these duplicates go away and the line items are properly sorted
> by
> Next Due (ascending or descending).

0
glyn6240 (37)
10/29/2007 5:40:46 PM
I backed up my file and proceeded with editing the duplicate bill series,
selecting the bill series will end after 1 transaction.  After selecting ok,
and returning to the bill summary, the duplicate entry went away, so I
couldn't even enter it into the register and later delete it.  I then
returned to edit the bill series and deselected the bill series will end at
some point, selected ok, returned to the bill summary and the duplicate
stayed gone.  I did this with the three duplicate entries and now my bills
properly group the account when sorted on the account column.  Bizarre!

Thanks for your help.  Not sure how it fixed itself, but things seem to be
okay, for now, even after closing and re-opening the file.