Money 2006 #21

I just formatted my drive. Backed up money 2005. Found a copy of money 2006
Installed with vista trying to restore 2006 with 2005 cant get it to work.
0
oddone (1)
9/28/2009 1:42:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, oddone wrote:

>I just formatted my drive. Backed up money 2005. Found a copy of money 2006
>Installed with vista trying to restore 2006 with 2005 cant get it to work.

What goes wrong?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Money 2004 Trail Upgrade Problems
Hello... I downloaded the 60 day trial of Money 2004 last year, a few days after doing that I upgraded it to the Deluxe version via the option located under the tools menu. I bought it for $39.99, they sent me an activation code and when I entered it and that I had a full deluxe version. I recently had major problems with my computer so I had to uninstall money and reinstall it. Upon installing it, every time I open money, it says the trial has expired and I must purchase the program to continue. I have followed the link it has gave me and also used the upgrade icon in the Money ...

Money 2002 issues
Working on a machine that has Money 2002 installed. Every time the machine boots it brings up the installation screen for MSMoney. I took money express out of the startup and that went away, however now when we try to run money it begins to install again, and prompts for CD. Sometimes you can start the program several times in a row, but eventually it always asks for the disc again. This person has been using Money for quite some time and has all their financial info already in it before this problem started occuring. I've uninstalled Money and reinstalled it, but it still asks f...

restore backup problem Money 2004
I cannot restore the backup file. It said Money cannot locate file or cannot open it because it is a read-only file. I did copy backup file to hard drive and restore to different location, different name. But there's still the problem. I'm using Money 2004 running on Window xp. I read the other thread for Money 2005 but dont know where to update my version of Money 2004? Pls Help, Thanks! ...

Reclaim disk space 05-21-10
This actually applies to Windows Servers as well as Windows XP. As happens, as updates are downloaded and applied, the size of the Windows folder continues to grow with $NtUninstallKB..... files and a folder $hf_mig$. I generally delete the $NtUninstallKB... folders after awhile, but is it safe to delete old KB folders in the $hf_mig$ folder. Is there a setting somewhere that will purge things here as space is needed? Thanks in advance, Bob Showalter, Packer International IN RE WinXP SP3 only: See this discussion => http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=33827...

Money06 & Money Online: Some Account Balances Sync, But Not Transactions...?
I have Money 2006, and use it with MSN MoneyCentral. For the most part, it works. There are a couple of accounts that initially synced the balances that were pulled from the source (or Yodlee) when I set it up, but the transactions didn't pull. Just a blank register with a correct balance. New transactions for those accounts that show at the billers site are not pulling to MSN MoneyCentral accounts, so not to Money 2006 either. Anyone run into this and figure out what's going on...? THANKS! ...

Things that have gone wrong with my Money file in the past 2 days
1. My two bank accounts that download statements via the MSN Money website (which in turn uses the Yodlee service) stopped updating both on the website and within Money. The error message said to fix it I needed to stop using the "online services" then reenable it, but when I did, I received an "Account setup is unavaiable" message on one of the two accounts. I did this 4 or 5 times, for kicks. Finally today I got them both to work.. for now. 2. The starting balances of two other bank accounts conveniently reset themeslves from one value to another, seemingly randomly, ...

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Money 2000 freezes
Hello, When I attempt to view my investment portfolio, Money 2000 freezes and completely locks my machine. It doesn't seem to be a currupt data file. If I uninstall and re-install Money 2000 things work okay for a use or two, then right back to the lockups. Thanks in advance for any help! Gene Hi Gene, I encountered a problem of this nature. It seemed to me that it happened when having left clicked with the mouse on Investing, I left clicked too quickly on Portfolio in the sub-menu. Now when seeking to access my portfolio I just take fractionally longer before clicking on Portfo...

upgrade from Money 2002 to 2004
I'm looking to upgrade from 2002 to 2004 - are there any problems/issues I should be aware of? Thanks. Some files have problems upgrading for reasons unknown. "H Barker" <hmbarker@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Oow153Z1DHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I'm looking to upgrade from 2002 to 2004 - are there any problems/issues I > should be aware of? no "H Barker" <hmbarker@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Oow153Z1DHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I'm looking to upgrade from 2002 to 2004 - are there any problems/issues I > shoul...

MS Money and BillPay broken for all account changes and additions
I just spent almost 2 hours on the phone with Checkfree and Money Support. Thank God I had the sense to insist they were on the same call to avoid the finger pointing. Both reps were good, but the bottom line for me is this. One of my banks that I use with Checkfree (I use 3) required me to add 3 numbers to my account number on checks that Checkfree printed. It turns out you can't change the account number within Checkfree on an existing account. At their direction, I added a new account and deleted the old account. After the proper transaction verification, I could not get th...

money 2007 daupdate.exe error ??
I jst installed IE7 and when i finish installing money 2007 and then i go to log on money 2007 with my account it gives me a message saying - to continue operating sucessfully, money requires a software update.click ok to close money and begin the update now.. after i close and click ok , i then get an error that says daupdate.exe - application error..after it downloads ther update the install errors out and fails..Please somebody help .. -- In microsoft.public.money, gbp007 wrote: >I jst installed IE7 and when i finish installing money 2007 and then i go to >log on money 20...

Money 2005 #18
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I tried to get the online services part working, but if you look at my previous posts, I have run into some really big problems with it. Anyway, as part of this upgrade I created a .NET Passport. Then I read that this puts account information and transaction detail online with MSN. I DO NOT WANT THIS! How do I go about deleting this information. Can I just somehow delet...

Money 2002 #34
I recently reinstalled Money 2002. Now, when I try to print the transactions in one account, I get a printout with the activity in all of my accounts. Before I reinstalled money, I was able to print transactions only of the specific account I was viewing. How can I set the print format to include only a specific account? Thanks, Since there's no way to customize what prints when you go to File, Print from the register, the best thing to do is go to the Reports area of the program and customize an Account Transactions report to print the account you'd like. "Noach" ...

Will Money suit my needs?
I have been a long time user of Quicken but am now looking for an alternative. While Q is a very good program for looking back - what I need now is a program that is able to also give me an accurate picture of future events/cash flow/balances down to the daily level. I would particularly like the ability to put in a number of senarios to give me the net result of different financial decisions and to be able to compare the results-- preferably on screen and then be able to adjust the what ifs and save the results for ongoing planning. I don't need automatic downloads or some other featur...

cANNOT INSTALL M-Money 2004
When I try to install Money 2004, or remove Money 2003 I am told I must insert the 2003 disk. I can not find it, how can I install the 2004 version? Thanks, Bob Lalor ...

Money Backup File
When I make a backup file on my laptop in Money 2001 and try to open it in my PC, I get a screen asking for a password. What password? If I type in my laptop Money 2001 password I get a screen that says incorrect password. I cannot open my backup Money backup file in my PC. HELP!! Walter, sorry to say but it is Money 2001 in both machines. Also both have Window XP ...

Re-activation of Money Plus ...
Okay, so I have a copy of Money Plus that has only been installed and activated one time. My expiration is currently 09/2009 per Help ... About. My question is, can I simply uninstall and reinstall the application on the same computer, use the same activation code, and extend my use until January 2011? Thoughts? No. The date the key was first activated is stored in the activation system. "Joe G" <JoeG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F02C12C8-BA0C-4E9D-821D-062D0347AD0D@microsoft.com... > My question is, can I simply uninstall and reinstall the appli...

MONEY 2004 #83
Hi, I'd like to know how to turn off transaction matching permanently. Is it possible to do this? This is a very annoying feature if you're not involved in some kind of sophisticated financial environment. All I want to do is to import my data and then this bloody feature begins to match previous historical data, blah-blah-blah. Oiiiiiii, simplicity seems to be an after-thought with these things!!!!!! AJ Simplicity is in the eyes of the beholder. I never download transaction data and avoid your issue entirely. "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@OpouTheleis.org> wrote in messa...

Pivot Table #21
In my pivot table i have days on the market. I need to sort them so that they show in groups such as: 1-100,101-200,201-300,301-400. then a second column showing values number sold such as:1-100 31 then a third column showing the avg. sales price suchas:1-100 31 $94,451.61 Hi Right click on a value>Group and Outline>Group>by 100>OK -- Regards Roger Govier "fearthespear" <fearthespear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67455DF6-C775-4758-B731-65805B359728@microsoft.com... > In my pivot table i have days on the market. I need to sort them s...

error in Money 2000 on internet update
I'm using MS Money 2000. When doing the internet update, which has previously been okay, I now see the error message: Online Quotes and Exchange Rates: Money was unable to retrieve a quote for FTSE (London). The symbol $US:FTSE is invalid. To correct an invalid or expired symbol, go to the Details for that investment from the Portfolio and correct or delete the symbol. How can I correct this problem? Many thanks. James In microsoft.public.money, James wrote: >I'm using MS Money 2000. > >When doing the internet update, which has previously been okay, I now see >...

Money Keeps Running
Money 2007 and Windows XP Pro This has been reported here before. I'm wondering if there is any fix (other than to go get a cup of coffee while Money does its backup and closes). If I close Money and create a backup, and If I change focus to another program/window while Money is doing the backup, then although Money closes on screen, the money process remains (visible in the task manager). The problem is if that one cannot restart a visible Money session when Money is in this status, as the Money program thinks it is running. --ron No known fixes. I don't think it's been re...

Money 2006 Archiving Problem
I am trying to archive my 2004 checking, saving and credit card transactions. I don’t have any investment accounts set-up which is documented as being a no-go when archiving. If I try to archive all accounts the program makes a backup then goes non-responsive. If I try to archive an individual account the program makes a backup and completes the operation but the archived date is not removed. My current file sizes is 9,000 KB and the program is becoming noticeably slower. Any advise on how to get this data off would be much appreciated. thanks pedro Many of us will not advise peopl...

Recording Administrative Fee on 401(k) in Money 2007
What is the appropriate way to record an administrative fee charged to shares on a 401(k) in Money 2007 - an "Other Expense" doesn't allow for a change in shares and faking out the software by entering a negative "Reinvested Capital Gaines" doesn't work either. Thanks, Phil D. I do a Sell to the Cash Account followed by an Expense (Miscellaneous:Service Charges & Fees or similar) in the Cash Account. I'm assuming you are not wanting to do the Sell. Why not? "Phil" <PhilipDeLaneyWV@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1168372938.333254.7351...

Money 2005: Start from scratch or import using .QIF Excel Add-in?
I am being audited by the IRS. My Money files (several of them from M4) are either corrupt or have discrepancies. I have to recreate financial data back to 2000. I have requested, received and then subsequently scanned all bank statements into Excel. I found an excel add-in that will convert the data into .QIF format. I was planning to them import into Money 2005. Some months I had saved the actual bank download file in addition to the months mentioned above. Will this work so I do not have to recreate every single transaction? If I could just get my checking accounts and eve...

Money install problems
I have a trial version of Money running on my PC currently. I purchase a retail version of Money Small Business. However, when I try to install it, it tells me that I have to uninstall previous versions of money. I can't figure out how to uninstall the trial version. Please help. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Racquel wrote: >I have a trial version of Money running on my PC >currently. I purchase a retail version of Money Small >Business. However, when I try to install it, it tells me >that I have to uninstall previous versions of money. I >can't f...