Money 2006 + Canadian bank acct downloading

Does ms money 2006 actually let you download from any canadian banks, or do
you have to do the manual import?  Quicken let's you download from within the
program, I'm sure money must allow this as well, I don't see any canadian
banks listed when I got to setup online services...I do have my regional
settings set to Canada, and my base currency is set to Canadian.  And MS
shows that they support my bank TD Canada Trust.  I am wondering if that
means they just support importing??  Hopefully not.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Are you using Standard version of MOney 2006?
Only Standard version supports mode switching, and I think you'll only see
that Canadian Bank if you're in Canadian Mode.
If you are in Standard, it's still possible to be in US mode, even if your
regional settings are Canadian, and even if your file base currency is
Canadian.
A quick check is to force your file back to US mode, and then to Cdn mode
(or to observe a Tax sub area on the secondary nav menu).
But go into Tools.Setting.Program Settings.  Select Currency button, and
change file base currency to US Dollar, and hit OK.
You should be presented w/ a choice of US or Cdn mode.  Choose US.  When
MOney restarts, repeat the process, only choose Cdn dollar, and when
prompted choose Cdn mode.
If you aren't prompted, something is very wrong (such as you don't have the
North American version of Money Standard).

"Chris Patten" <ChrisPatten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does ms money 2006 actually let you download from any canadian banks, or
> do
> you have to do the manual import?  Quicken let's you download from within
> the
> program, I'm sure money must allow this as well, I don't see any canadian
> banks listed when I got to setup online services...I do have my regional
> settings set to Canada, and my base currency is set to Canadian.  And MS
> shows that they support my bank TD Canada Trust.  I am wondering if that
> means they just support importing??  Hopefully not.

0
sfoobar8 (15)
8/18/2005 5:30:44 AM
The Canadian Banks are Listed under the letter "C"
Hope this helps
"Snuf" <sfoobar8@msn.com> wrote in message
> Are you using Standard version of MOney 2006?
> Only Standard version supports mode switching, and I think you'll only see
> that Canadian Bank if you're in Canadian Mode.
> If you are in Standard, it's still possible to be in US mode, even if your
> regional settings are Canadian, and even if your file base currency is
> Canadian.
> A quick check is to force your file back to US mode, and then to Cdn mode
> (or to observe a Tax sub area on the secondary nav menu).
> But go into Tools.Setting.Program Settings.  Select Currency button, and
> change file base currency to US Dollar, and hit OK.
> You should be presented w/ a choice of US or Cdn mode.  Choose US.  When
> MOney restarts, repeat the process, only choose Cdn dollar, and when
> prompted choose Cdn mode.
> If you aren't prompted, something is very wrong (such as you don't have
> the North American version of Money Standard).
>
> "Chris Patten" <ChrisPatten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Does ms money 2006 actually let you download from any canadian banks, or
>> do
>> you have to do the manual import?  Quicken let's you download from within
>> the
>> program, I'm sure money must allow this as well, I don't see any canadian
>> banks listed when I got to setup online services...I do have my regional
>> settings set to Canada, and my base currency is set to Canadian.  And MS
>> shows that they support my bank TD Canada Trust.  I am wondering if that
>> means they just support importing??  Hopefully not.

0
gcthorpe (3)

vacation tracking calendar on exel sheet for 2006

Unreconciling Multiple Rows In Money
I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in Microsoft Money? I can do one at a time, but I need to do a large number of them and don't want to do them one at a time. I've tried to contact Microsoft directly about this but got passed to the company that I bought my machine from, who passed me off to another support number in their company - which tried to charge me for asking this question. Any info on this would be great! Doug In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote: >I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in >Microsoft ...

Money 99 on WinXP Pro SP2
I used to run Money 99 Standard on my PC running Win98. I'm now trying to install Money 99 on my new PC running WinXP Pro Service Pack 2. Here is the problem I'm facing: I am able to install Money 99 (from my OEM CD) on my PC running WinXP Pro and no errors show up during installation. But once installed, Money refuses to start. I have tried running the MSMONEY.EXE file in Win 95 as well as Win 98 compatibility mode but it hasn't worked. I also tried installing Money 99 in Win 95 & Win 98 compatibility mode. It installs but it still doesn't run. Am I doing somethi...

Duplicate Transactions from Automatic Downloads
Hello - About a month ago, transactions that Money 2007 automatically download from Schwab, started getting duplicated. Each time accounts were updated, I would get all transactions that happened within the last couple of days, regardless of whether they were downloaded before. Is this likely an issue with a corrupt MS Money file, or a problem with the download service? Is anyone else experiencing this, and does anybody know a solution? Thanks, Reddog Hey Reddog, Have a look at the thread started 11/15/07 titled 'Duplicate Transactions Downloading'. Rapid Robert "Re...

Money 2003 only allows integer splits, what about 2004?
I recently ran into a problem in reclassifying Vanguard mutual fund Investor shares to Admiral class shares. There is no change in tax basis for this, thus I thought that using the stock split function would be perfect. Unfortunately in Money 2003 Deluxe it only allows integer splits (e.g., 2 for 1, 3 for 5, etc.) and the change in my mutual fund share status is not integral: for each Investor share one gets (say) 2.045767892 Admiral shares (which are priced 2.045767892 times higher, price obviously rounded to two places). Even using the total number of shares before and after, like 28...

Windows Live mail not downloaded into Outlook
I have an msn account, Outlook 2007, and Outlook connector installed on a Vista machine. Recently I've had problems downloading mail to Outlook. Outlook Connector shows that Calendar and Contacts are connected, but that there is an error in connecting mail. The error message says: Error in Mail Error with Send/Receive. Look for a log in the Sync Issues folder. Not sure where the Sync issues folder is. This has occurred at least three times in the past month. Once, I deleted my msn profile and started over, but I can't figure out why it occurred or how I was able ...

Cashbook Bank Management
I am facing a problem every time I creat and save a TTF payment type of CBM, can any one help or any one encounter this issue, more details below: - Creat CBM Batch - Creat Payment type TTF fof GL, AR, AP - Save this entry - Close window - Check Setup for checkbook in CBM, you will find TTF sequence damaged or empty. -- Project Manager ZFP-IT +966503855729 ...

Money 2004 #68
Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the customize area of a report? No. "merriv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2dda501c46a9b$8057cf50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the > desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the > customize area of a report? In microsoft.public.money, merriv wrote: >Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the >desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the >customize are...

Identify versions of money
I had Money 2004 installed on my computer, but the computer no longer works and I lost my cd, but have my file, My file is password protected and I can't open it with the actual version of money, it says "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version. My paper box cd has the number - "105-00462 origin ireland". How can I tell if an old verison of money is compatible with this one ? Or the product that I am buying is compatible with this one ? Can i find an old trial of money 2004 compatible just to open the file and export it ? Wher...

How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download?
How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download This is the Outlook newsgroup. Outlook Express is a different program. You don't download Outlook Express. It's part of Internet Explorer and your O/S. Look in the Start Menu in Programs. "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C27B0DE-4C72-41D3-BC87-B4652F45E4F2@microsoft.com... | How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download Frank <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download Outlook Express probably came with your Wi...

Money 2004 Standar can't convert Money 2000 Delux File
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy It. I used to have a Money 2000 Delux version. When I try to convert my data file (from Money 200), the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot covert the file. The older varsion is not supported" Is there any way I can convert my Money 2000 Delux file into a Money 2004 Standar file? Thanks, Fernando S. ...

Money 2001 #10
when using the portfolio I entered a new transaction under a new acount and an error message appeared "M Money has encountered a problem and needs to close". The computer then shuts down or locks up. This happens whenever I click on portfolio. This problem has occured twice over the past month. The first time I went back one month and reentered all my transactions before the error accured and was going along fine but then it happened again while entering a transaction under a new account. ...

Money 2006 problem
I just installed the money 2006 trial version but when I try to run Money it just opens briefly and then immediately closes. Money 2003 was doing the same thing but I thought maybe 2006 would fix the problem. Can anyone help me please? Instead of opening Money, navigate to the folder where you have your .mny file using My Computer or Windows Explorer and double click on the sample.mny file. That will tell us if your My Money.mny file is faulty or the M2006 installation. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sc...

Money 2004 #82
Another disgruntled Quicken user here (is there any other kind these days?) I was happy enough with Quicken 2001, but now they're turning it off and making me upgrade to 2005. (It's free, but not worth it. I'd rather buy 2001 over again than use this piece of shit.) So, I checked out Money 2005, and found that it's an even bigger piece of shit than Quicken 2005, which really takes some doing. I did a bit more hunting around and found a demo of Money 2004, and loaded that up. It didn't do a worse job of importing the Quicken data than 2005 (which is to say it ca...

Three words to describe Money 2005...
Wasted screen space. Holy cow! This a TERRIBLE use of screen real estate. In register view, nearly 25% of the scren is filled up with the toolbars and *WHITE* space with no meaningful information! Whoever designed this interface, pretty though it is, lost sight of what's important: information. I'm terribly disappointed. I've never felt like Money had too much fluff... until now :( ...

MS Money 2002 #4
How do I change my email address when I log onto MS Money 2002? You mean the mail address on your Passport? You have to go to the Passport Web site to do that. http://www.passport.com. Were I you, to be on the safe side, I'd go to File|Login Lockbox and remove the passport from your Money file first. Then go and change the email address on the Passport, the re-add the Passport, if you really want to. "Dawna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4caa01c3e46f$c54f09a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I change my email address when I log onto MS Money ...

Money 2005 #5
Here's a link to Amazon.com. They just put a picture up for Money 2005. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002D156I/ref=pd_rhf_p_1/002-4988365-7975251?v=glance&s=software&no=* I love that bit at the top. "Stop typing! Now get updates from you bank automatically." Of course, lots of people will still have to type to fix the mess the updates make and then type postings to the newsgroup asking how come Payees are whacked or the memo looks like a Payee or it downloaded to the wrong account or the password is different or... "Zach Rose" <meoge@...

MS Money 2005 Install
I purchased MS Money from Microsofts web site, Installed without a problem, Once it completes all updates and asks to restart money, I come up with the trial version. any ideas? I had the same experience. Here's what I did: First of all, I had made an online purchase of MS Money 2005 Deluxe for $60. Then, I ended up with the trial version, just as you did. Subsequently, while I was poking around in the trial version trying to figure out how to activate the full product, I found that the trial version advertises purchasing the full product of MS Money 2005 Deluxe for $40. So...

Sync Money with a Certificate of Deposit
I have a certificate of deposit CD, held at Bank of America, setup through money that I update manually. Recently, I setup Money 2006 to sync with Bank of America (California). And low and behold it downloaded this account. Unfortunately the downloaded account is a BANK account while the account that I created through MONEY is an INVESTMENT account. Is there any way to merge these two accounts and continue to get udpates on the balance? Really, I would like the account to remain an investment since Money regards CD accounts (wisely) as investments. -- Daniel ...

setting up an email acct. and fowarding it to multiple email addre
one user in our company want to setup a generic email xxxxx@abc123.com and wants to foward mutliple email accounts in the same company. well when i go into exchange users and computers and setup the account. under properties>exchange general>delivery options and foward address. it only allows to forward one address. so my question is how do i set it up to allow to foward like to 4 other email addresses within the same company? is this possible and how do we go about setting it up? btw...we have exchange 2k3 with outlook 2k. thx in advance. Is there a specific reason to crea...

On-line quotes server does not work
OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating that the on-line update to stock quotes and news does not work - everyone getting the "unable to connect to quotes server" error. Is it working for anyone? I switched from Quicken to Money and I'm about to switch back - at least Quicken can do something as simple as downloading quotes from a server reliably. Anyone home at Microsoft? On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:40:12 -0800, "Anyone home at Microsoft? Hello?" <fbella@aol.com> wrote: > >OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating >that...

Money looped
Online services wizard caused error "Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. Send report to Microsoft! And restarts and closes. And restarts and closes. .net passport not working correctly. ..net Unable to verify email. Email works, please respond to email. ...

MS Money for Mac OSX
Is there a MS Money version for Mac OSX? If not, any plans for it? Thanks. -Juan Sorry but no to both questions. MS have enough trouble trying to make money producing Money for the Windows platform. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Juan C. Reyes" <jcrey...

Money 2007 CombineWith Operation for Investments (Fidelity NetBenefits inspired)
Two new capabilities of Money 2007 are operated from the investment details. They are the ability to change the InvestmentType, and the CombineWith operation. This will discuss the investment CombineWith operation. The CombineWith operation was motivated largely by the Fidelity Net Benefits quirk of having a wrong "CUSIP" ID in their download. So downloading data from a source with a correct CUSIP and from them did not allow Money to understand they were the same stock, and could share the same symbol and quotes. This feature should be of use in more cases too. The way it works...

How do I manually zero a Bank Balance?
I last performed an online download for one of my credit card accounts in FEB 08. In MAR 08, I paid the entire balance and closed the account. The bank cut off my online access when the account was closed, so I am unable to perform another online download which would reflect payment in full and zero the balance. As far as I can tell, I am stuck with an incorrect nonzero Bank Balance for this card forever. Short of deleting the account, is there a way to manually zero a balance created by online update? In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote: >I last performed an online download for ...