Money 2005 upgrade creates duplicate Investment Accounts

mUpgraded fro Money 2004 to 2005 and for my 6 Schwab accounts when system
syncronized an additional 24 accounts (4 for each original) were created.

Any ideas would be appreciate.

Thnaks
0
Gavin1 (56)
11/15/2004 11:59:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I had a similar problem with T. R. Price.  Each mutual fund has a separate
account number and I had them combined in Money so the download was to each
separate account - not the main account.  At least I only got one download
per fund - not the 4 that you received.

"gavin" wrote:

> mUpgraded fro Money 2004 to 2005 and for my 6 Schwab accounts when system
> syncronized an additional 24 accounts (4 for each original) were created.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciate.
>
> Thnaks
0
Keefer (13)
11/16/2004 12:54:02 AM
I had this happen as well, I called support and was told they had a patch
coming out soon for this.  IT has to do with the new register in 2005.  I
was able to merge the accounts (CAUTION) make sure you back up, export the
account first as I got a message that said it would delete the transaction
history to avoid duplicates.  It did not delete the history, but it scared
me. My guess is that if you have exported the history, when you merge the
accounts you can simply re-import history.

"gavin" <gavin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> mUpgraded fro Money 2004 to 2005 and for my 6 Schwab accounts when system
> syncronized an additional 24 accounts (4 for each original) were created.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciate.
>
> Thnaks

0
smertens (22)

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01C4CBCB.FCEB86B0

First time I heard about the patch.  When do they expect it to come out? =
 I recently uninstalled Money 2005 because of the terrible duplicates =
and problems syncing up.  Even BB&T which I had no problems with before =
now won't sync up.  I gave up on calling support because I was on hold =
for so long.

--=20
Rob Warthen
University of Phoenix Online Faculty
RobWarthen@email.uophx.edu
  "SMERTZ" <smertens@mho.com> wrote in message =
  I had this happen as well, I called support and was told they had a =
patch=20
  coming out soon for this.  IT has to do with the new register in 2005. =
 I=20
  was able to merge the accounts (CAUTION) make sure you back up, export =
the=20
  account first as I got a message that said it would delete the =
transaction=20
  history to avoid duplicates.  It did not delete the history, but it =
scared=20

  "gavin" <gavin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
  > mUpgraded fro Money 2004 to 2005 and for my 6 Schwab accounts when =
system
  > syncronized an additional 24 accounts (4 for each original) were =
created.

  > Any ideas would be appreciate.
  >
  > Thnaks=20

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01C4CBCB.FCEB86B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800000 size=3D2>First time I heard =
about the=20
patch.&nbsp; When do they expect it to come out?&nbsp; I recently =
uninstalled=20
Money 2005 because of the terrible duplicates and problems syncing =
up.&nbsp;=20
Even BB&amp;T which I had no problems with before now won't sync =
up.&nbsp; I=20
gave up on calling support because I was on hold for so =
long.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Rob Warthen<BR>University of Phoenix Online =
Faculty<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:RobWarthen@email.uophx.edu">RobWarthen@email.uophx.edu</A>=
</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"SMERTZ" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:smertens@mho.com">smertens@mho.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:ubTmLa%23yEHA.3836@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl">news:ubTmLa%23yEHA.=
3836@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>I=20
  had this happen as well, I called support and was told they had a =
patch=20
  <BR>coming out soon for this.&nbsp; IT has to do with the new register =
in=20
  2005.&nbsp; I <BR>was able to merge the accounts (CAUTION) make sure =
you back=20
  up, export the <BR>account first as I got a message that said it would =
delete=20
  the transaction <BR>history to avoid duplicates.&nbsp; It did not =
delete the=20
  history, but it scared <BR>me. My guess is that if you have exported =
the=20
  history, when you merge the <BR>accounts you can simply re-import=20
  history.<BR><BR>"gavin" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:gavin@discussions.microsoft.com">gavin@discussions.microso=
ft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"news:2AB3AB45-D44E-413F-8321-7C9E8FBE77E6@microsoft.com">news:2AB=
3AB45-D44E-413F-8321-7C9E8FBE77E6@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  mUpgraded fro Money 2004 to 2005 and for my 6 Schwab accounts when=20
  system<BR>&gt; syncronized an additional 24 accounts (4 for each =
original)=20
  were created.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Any ideas would be =
appreciate.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
  Thnaks <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_009A_01C4CBCB.FCEB86B0--

------=_NextPart_000_0082_01C4D573.2B0E76A0

A patch has been released sometime in the last two weeks.

--=20

Joe Guidera
jguidera@msn.com.remove

  "Rob Warthen" <RobWarthen@email.uophx.edu> wrote in message =
  First time I heard about the patch.  When do they expect it to come =
out?  I recently uninstalled Money 2005 because of the terrible =
duplicates and problems syncing up.  Even BB&T which I had no problems =
with before now won't sync up.  I gave up on calling support because I =
was on hold for so long.

  --=20
  Rob Warthen
  University of Phoenix Online Faculty
  RobWarthen@email.uophx.edu
    "SMERTZ" <smertens@mho.com> wrote in message =
    I had this happen as well, I called support and was told they had a =
patch=20
    coming out soon for this.  IT has to do with the new register in =
2005.  I=20
    was able to merge the accounts (CAUTION) make sure you back up, =
export the=20
    account first as I got a message that said it would delete the =
transaction=20
    history to avoid duplicates.  It did not delete the history, but it =
scared=20
    me. My guess is that if you have exported the history, when you =
merge the=20
    accounts you can simply re-import history.

    "gavin" <gavin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
    > mUpgraded fro Money 2004 to 2005 and for my 6 Schwab accounts when =
system
    > syncronized an additional 24 accounts (4 for each original) were =
created.

    > Any ideas would be appreciate.
    >
    > Thnaks=20

------=_NextPart_000_0082_01C4D573.2B0E76A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>A patch has been released sometime in =
the last two=20
weeks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>-------------------------------------------<BR>Joe=20
Guidera<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:jguidera@msn.com.remove">jguidera@msn.com.remove</A></DIV>=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Rob Warthen" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:RobWarthen@email.uophx.edu">RobWarthen@email.uophx.edu</A>=
&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23uOVNX$yEHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl">news:%23uOVNX$yEHA.=
1452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:ubTmLa%23yEHA.3836@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl">news:ubTmLa%23yEHA.=
3836@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>I=20
    had this happen as well, I called support and was told they had a =
patch=20
    <BR>coming out soon for this.&nbsp; IT has to do with the new =
register in=20
    2005.&nbsp; I <BR>was able to merge the accounts (CAUTION) make sure =
you=20
    back up, export the <BR>account first as I got a message that said =
it would=20
    delete the transaction <BR>history to avoid duplicates.&nbsp; It did =
not=20
    delete the history, but it scared <BR>me. My guess is that if you =
have=20
    exported the history, when you merge the <BR>accounts you can simply =

    re-import history.<BR><BR>"gavin" &lt;<A=20
    =
    wrote in message <BR><A=20
    =
href=3D"news:2AB3AB45-D44E-413F-8321-7C9E8FBE77E6@microsoft.com">news:2AB=
3AB45-D44E-413F-8321-7C9E8FBE77E6@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
    mUpgraded fro Money 2004 to 2005 and for my 6 Schwab accounts when=20
    system<BR>&gt; syncronized an additional 24 accounts (4 for each =
original)=20
    were created.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Any ideas would be =
appreciate.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
    Thnaks <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0082_01C4D573.2B0E76A0--

0
jguidera (124)
11/28/2004 11:53:29 PM
Downloaded and installed the patch ... it did not seem to fix the
duplicate checking account issues with MSN Billpay.  Has anyone been
able to confirm whether or not it fixes the investment account issues?

It seems this would be easy if there was an 'Advanced' Method for
Merging the accounts, where you just tell it which two, three, or four
accounts are the same rather than having it decide for you -- since it
obviously guesses WRONG. :(

"Joe Guidera" <jguidera@msn.com.remove> wrote in message news:<#lS#2Va1EHA.1740@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>...
> A patch has been released sometime in the last two weeks.

> Joe Guidera
> jguidera@msn.com.remove
>

>   "Rob Warthen" <RobWarthen@email.uophx.edu> wrote in message
>   First time I heard about the patch.  When do they expect it to come
> out?  I recently uninstalled Money 2005 because of the terrible
> duplicates and problems syncing up.  Even BB&T which I had no problems
> with before now won't sync up.  I gave up on calling support because I
> was on hold for so long.
>
>   --
>   Rob Warthen
>   University of Phoenix Online Faculty
>   RobWarthen@email.uophx.edu
>     "SMERTZ" <smertens@mho.com> wrote in message
>     I had this happen as well, I called support and was told they had a
> patch
>     coming out soon for this.  IT has to do with the new register in
> 2005.  I
>     was able to merge the accounts (CAUTION) make sure you back up,
> export the
>     account first as I got a message that said it would delete the
> transaction
>     history to avoid duplicates.  It did not delete the history, but it
> scared
>     me. My guess is that if you have exported the history, when you
> merge the
>     accounts you can simply re-import history.
>
>     "gavin" <gavin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>     > mUpgraded fro Money 2004 to 2005 and for my 6 Schwab accounts when
>  system
>     > syncronized an additional 24 accounts (4 for each original) were
>  created.
>     >
>     > Any ideas would be appreciate.
>     >
>     > Thnaks

jgraeb01 (5)

Exchange Migration Wizard and creating new SMTP reply addresses
Hello, I'm migrating from a Netware 6.5 environment, but am going to be using another tool because of the need to migrate archives and personal address books. I would, however, like to use the Microsoft tool to populate the GWISE SMTP address with the old GroupWise address. Is there a way to run the Exchange Migration Wizard in a mode that will only create the additional GWISE SMTP addresses for all of my users? Aaron ...

Re: Outlook 2007 create background
I played around with this further. You can still use any HTML editor to = create stationery and place it in the user's Stationery folder. You can = also use FrontPage 2003 to create new themes with background images. = Details at = http://turtleflock-ol2007.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!C1013F1F9A99E3D8!230.e= ntry --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =...

Anyone want to make some money?
I tried to post this in the Commerical Services Forum, but I wasn't abl to. I need to have a simple spreadsheet made to help with the selling o cars. There are 2 people, Matt and Ken, that have both put in $X int starting a business of buying and selling used cars. The spreadshee needs to calculate investment, sales, and profit, and then divide it u 50/50. Here are the details: It needs to show, year, make, model, vin, date of purchase, location i was bought, price of purchase, advertising fee, method of advertising, place that if markes as YES will add $100 fee (named FEE) or if mark...

New essay: Projects that build under VS.NET 2003/2005
It finally happened. Someone needs a project that builds under VS.NET 2005 (they want the ease of the 64-bit integration) and VS.NET 2003 (for all their old 32-bit developers). I wrangled with the problems for a bit, and came up with a kludge that actually works (clumsy though it is, alas). But to save anyone else the time taken to figure it out, the results of my experiment are documented on http://www.flounder.com/vs2325.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

Duplicate contact folder
Using Outlook XP (2002). When creating a new email and I click on To:, I get two 'contact' folders. When viewing the Outlook folders list in 'normal' node, there is only one contact folder?! How do I remove the duplicate folder so that it doesn't appear when I click on To:? TIA Maurice Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Maurice Bishop" <Office@NoSpamHerePleaseThankyou.MJBishop.com> wrote in message news:7HADb.1362$tQ6.19788@ward...

Can't download bank statement to Money
I've not had this problem until today. No bank data is getting downloaded to MONEY and I don't know if it's the program issue or if there is any virus going on to affect this. Thanks for your help. Without more information from you, I can only tell you that I've not had any problems downloading bank data. Some useful information would be the bank you are using, the version of Money, and the error you are receiving. If you don't get an error, you may not have any transactions to download at this time. "Hannah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

How to Delete an Investment
I have several investments that were entered in error. How do I delete? One investment will not calculate the correct total price even though the quantity and unit prices are correct. The totasl is off by 1,000 times. on the portfolio window on the left column pick "work with investments" pick delete an investment make desired changes if investment is greyed out pick the investment anyway. can not be deleted if you have open positions in the investment. >-----Original Message----- >I have several investments that were entered in error. >How do I delete? > &...

Promoting and Outlook Email and Creating Contact
After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM. The author of the Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red. Clicking on the authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or creating a new contact record. When I select a new contact record, why doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a contact from an Email in Outlook? Why should I have to go back and look up the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record? I'd post that as a suggestion for future product enhancements. Ho...

getting sql report 2005 web service to work
The error I am getting in sql reporting service 2005 is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on t...

Why receive duplicated copies of every email?
Hi there, I have an Exchange 2003 server. Users are using Outlook 2003. There is one issue with one user's account. When he sends out emails from his Outlook 2003, some recipients sometimes receive two copies of every email. It doesn't always happen, but the majority. He is sending to recipients individually, not any distribution group. If I look at the Massage Tracking from the System Manager, it does show those emails are delivered twice. Any idea would be greatly appreciated, Ross Are they delegates for anyone else on the DL? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

Why Out of memory error when trying to create a thread?
I'm using MS Visual C++ .NET, Windows XP, and 1GB RAM. Why could be the reason why I get an error message saying Out of memory when running the following code CClientThread* pThread = (CClientThread*) AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CClientThread), THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); My application does only have this additional thread. Joachim wrote: > I'm using MS Visual C++ .NET, Windows XP, and 1GB RAM. > Why could be the reason why I get an error message saying > > Out of memory > > when running the following code > > CClientThread* pThread =...

Messages in sent folder automatically gets deleted periodically on IMAP account
Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking place? Other than accessing the account via POP3 instead of IMAP, no. snomazushi wrote: > Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium > > Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason > gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking > place? ...

Money 2000 Deluxe
Please advise I just upgraded my computer and reinstalled Money 2000 Deluxe. When I tried to backup or transfer my data from floppy to Money. My data would not transfer... Any tips would be greatly appreciated....How can i get my data to transfer from my floppy into money?????I have tried backup option and this doesn't seem to work nor does the restore option.... In microsoft.public.money, Rich wrote: >Please advise > >I just upgraded my computer and reinstalled Money 2000 >Deluxe. When I tried to backup or transfer my data from >floppy to Money. My data would n...

Archiving in MS Money
Like we've seen before, the Archive function is probably the most useless function in MS Money. I suggest that the archive function should work like in MS Outlook, giving the possibility to browse in every file at the same time. I've been trying every new version of MS Money, but I can't see any difference from the past two or three editions. I think this is a good reason to make a new version. Have Fun !!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I A...

create new worksheet based on month change
Hi, I have a problem I hope someone can help me with. I have a worksheet for employees to enter data. At the beginning of each month I run a macro which copies a mastersheet to start the new month. The first column of the sheet is for the employee to enter their name. Using code when they move to the 2nd column it automatically inserts the date and the 3rd column the time both based on whether there is an entry in the first column. I want to call my new worksheet macro when the date changes month. I have been trying to use ActiveCell.Offset command to look at the date in the row above but with...

Where are you Guys buying Money Plus
Hi Everyone, Usually every year I buy MS Money from Sam's club. This year they don't have the new version on the shelves - and don't show it coming in. Where are you guys buying your copy? Any discount houses? Many thanks, Patrick The on-line place is the Digital River web site. Apparently MS have decided to outsource to them. I must admit that IMHO this is an OK step. DR have been used by many software houses and I have never had a problem with them. Also note that DR will send a CD (for a fee) - strongly urge that! Also there is a mail in rebate coupon. 20USD for DL; ...

creating shared calendar in outlook 2007
Hi, I would like to create a shared calendar (diary, bookings) for the corporate, the thing is, when I go to organization and default folders, I'm able to create but when I go to OWA or Outlook 2K7 can't seem the folder (either rss and others, only the main mailboxs), also I cannot see public folder , only mailbox in bot owa and outlook 2k7. What is the best method to create a shared calendar? Sorry, I'm completely newbie regarding ex2k7 On 4 Mar 2007 03:50:49 -0800, "k0D" <camocas@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I would like to create a shared calendar (di...

Entering an older investment trans. after stock has split
Given a company's stock has already split, and that I'm catching up on my statements from prior to the split, do I enter pre-split stock numbers for those older transactions, or post-split numbers? Example: Say the stock split 2-for-1 on Oct-01-2005 I'm catching up now on my Aug 2005 statement Investment transaction of "buy 100 shares" of Aug 15, 2005 @ $10/share Should I enter that now as 200 shares @ $5, or 100 @ $10? I entered them as 100 @ $10, and I saw an "s" appended to the price, but the quantity still shows as 100. If I attempt to manually enter...

Forward E-Mail to another account
Hello, Can Outlook-6 be setup to forward a copy of a e-mail message to another account. Thanks Clinton Yes, you can use the -Message Rules- option to do what you're askin for. Just go to Tools -> Message Rules -> Mail.. and from there on it really self-explanatory. In your case.. 1. pick whatever conditions you need (where the from line contains...) 2. select the option forward it to.. And you're done -- Heritag ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Heritage's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=425 View this th...

properly creating Personal Folders
I have purchased Microsoft Office 2003 and in briefly reading the included book, it stated three licences were included. I assume that I am able to create three Persanol File Folders in OutLook. I am hoping to keep organized by creating; one for myself, one fordaughter and another for my mother. If I am not correct, please inform me and if I am correct, would you kindly instruct me on how I create the different Personal File Folders. Thank you File > New > Outlook Data File Your license will not affect how many PST files you can create. You might also want to consider creating...

Can not create mailbox on new volume
Hi, I installed new volume and attached through SCSI to Exchange 2003 server. I created new database on new volume and started to move mailboxes in order to free space. When I try to create new mailbox in new volume it,s fault. i can create account , but not mailbox.i can create on old volume and after to move. I do not know if this is active Directory problems or new HD. Please, help >>When I try to create new mailbox in new volume it,s fault. What does the error say? Is the new store mounted? Vlad wrote: > Hi, > I installed new volume and attached through SCSI to Exchang...

Unable to set up new credit card account
I am trying to set up my new credit card account, but I keep getting the error message "To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and then sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is cleared." However, I am online. I am not working offline. When I started the program, the work offline box was cleared. I logged in using my passport. Online updates are working. So, what's the problem? FYI: I am using Microsoft Money 2005 Deluxe. Version 14.0.120.1105 Does anyone have suggestions? (Please do not suggest that I switch to Q...

How can I create and display a chart dynamically on a UserForm wi.
I am trying to create charts dynamically using VBA and Excel. The data being plotted will change frequently, and my client wants to interface only with the user form, and not the worksheet itself. I know that you can use the MSChart control to do this in VB6, but I was wondering if there is a similar control for use with Excel and VBA. If so, any additional info on how to use it would be much appreciated. Thanks. I think it's an incredibly dumb idea to want to interface only with a userform (and sacrifice the flexibility of direct access to a chart). Maybe, you can convince your c...

Can't open some mail after upgrade
Hello.. We upgraded our server to Exchange 2003. After the upgrade our clients using Windows 2000 and Outlook 2000 do not seem to be able to open mail that has been forwarded more than once and contains attachments. I can forward the same piece of mail to someone using an Outlook 2003 client and they can open it, but the client using Outlook 2000 cannot view the mail, preview the mail, forward the mail or even see or save the attacment. The error is: "Can't open this item. Could not complet the operation because the service provider does not support it." Any help...

News: Mac BU sweetens Office 2008 upgrade deal (Updated)
Microsoft has modified its special offer for potential Mac Office users. Those who are just dying for a copy of Office now but are waiting for the January release of Office 2008 can now buy any version of Office 2004 for Mac and upgrade to 2008 Special Media Edition for the cost of shipping. That's $6.99 in the US or $10 in Canada-I guess Microsoft hasn't heard yet that the US dollar is valued below the Canadian dollar now. But how is this different from the previous offer? In September, the "free" upgrade to 2008 was for an equivalent version of Office. So, for exampl...