Money 2005 transfer to new computer Windows 7

After old computer crashed, I reinstalled M2005 on new computer running
windows 7.  I transfered all my backup data from a portable disc.
Information is all there but when I click reports I get a message "Additional
Money Program Files are being downloaded - Money upgrade is in process you
will be notified when finished"
-- this is second day!    I need help - I have a checking account with years
of data - do not use the banking or internet features.   Can someone help?
I'm a little computer illiterate to say the least.
MaryP
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Mary P wrote:

>After old computer crashed, I reinstalled M2005 on new computer running
>windows 7.  I transfered all my backup data from a portable disc.
>Information is all there but when I click reports I get a message "Additional
>Money Program Files are being downloaded - Money upgrade is in process you
>will be notified when finished"
>-- this is second day!    I need help - I have a checking account with years
>of data - do not use the banking or internet features.   Can someone help?
>I'm a little computer illiterate to say the least.

Find the sample.mny file in your install folder.  That may be
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005".  Copy sample.mny file to
your Documents folder in Win7.  Right-click the Money start icon
and select RunAsAdministrator.  Click File->Open and browse to that
sample.mny file.  Money 2005 will do an update.  Close Money.
Reboot the computer.  Then open Money and check that Help->About...
says you then have version 14.0.*.1105.

Make sure your .mny and .mbf files are in your Documents folder.
Then you should be able to File->Open or Restore your existing
files.

See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx for a method of
making a self-contained disk for reinstall of Money 2005 with the
updates in place.  Be sure to do this before the end of 2011.  Do
not lose the disk.

0
Cal
11/11/2009 9:58:55 PM
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:58:55 -0600, Cal Learner-- MVP
<via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, Mary P wrote:
>
>>After old computer crashed, I reinstalled M2005 on new computer running
>>windows 7.  I transfered all my backup data from a portable disc.
>>Information is all there but when I click reports I get a message "Additional
>>Money Program Files are being downloaded - Money upgrade is in process you
>>will be notified when finished"
>>-- this is second day!    I need help - I have a checking account with years
>>of data - do not use the banking or internet features.   Can someone help?
>>I'm a little computer illiterate to say the least.
>
>Find the sample.mny file in your install folder.  That may be
>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005".  Copy sample.mny file to
>your Documents folder in Win7.  Right-click the Money start icon
>and select RunAsAdministrator.  Click File->Open and browse to that
>sample.mny file.  Money 2005 will do an update.  Close Money.
>Reboot the computer.  Then open Money and check that Help->About...
>says you then have version 14.0.*.1105.
>
>Make sure your .mny and .mbf files are in your Documents folder.
>Then you should be able to File->Open or Restore your existing
>files.
>
>See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/630.aspx for a method of
>making a self-contained disk for reinstall of Money 2005 with the
>updates in place.  Be sure to do this before the end of 2011.  Do
>not lose the disk.

Cal, if only you had a � or a $ for every time you've had to give that
response in the last year or so :-)

Jim
0
Jim

Install FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7
i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, but it is not. What can I do. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:48:01 -0700, monising <monising@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, >but it is not. What can I do. Please be more explicit about what you're doing, what you're seeing, and what error messages - if any - you are getting. I have FrontPage 2003 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and it's working fine. Also, are you installing from original media? A...

Money 2007 E-Pay
Noticed this morning when I was paying my bills this anomaly. Perhaps I am missing something. Scenario: Paying a credit card bill. In Money 2004 (my previous version of Money) I would use Credit Card as the category and in the subcategory use the particular credit card account I was paying. Worked great. Money 2007, there is a new category named Credit Cards/Transfer. When selecting this there are no payee categories listed. However further down the list is another category named Credit Card. Using Credit Card shows the various payees. Not sure what the difference is between Credit C...

Windows Live crap
About 4 days ago I noticed a site called Windows Live ID. It suggested to set up a profile and promised that with a single username and password you could log on to all Windows Live applications such as Hotmail, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Mail etc. etc. I thought what a good idea, not having to have 10 different usernames and passwords, so I used my old hotmail adress and username to set up a profile. But the ID said I coildn't use my hotmail for some reason, can't remember what. A few hours later I logged on to Windows Live Messenger as I have done for years, w...

windows update 04-15-10
I am running windows vista on a MAC computer with VMWare Fusion. I cannot get the service pack 1 or internet explorer 8 update to run. i get error code 490 and 800704090 Too late now! Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April 2010! Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software updates from Windows Update" until SP1 has been manually installed (which will require several Prerequisite Updates to be installed first). See http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no...

Timestamp value of GINA window presentation
I am currently troubleshooting slow logon times for a client with computer infrastructure spread across the globe. Before I start invesagating I want to create a baseline for logon times. I have modified the clients logon script to record when it starts and when it ends. I am using the computers tick count to record how long the computer has been on, but realize that there is a space of time between the user authenicating to the computer (control-alt-delete) and when the logon script starts, if the customer turns his computer on and then leave for an extended period of time I ...

Junk button in windows live accidently pressed
Whenever I open up WLM i press sync automatically as a bad habbit. Because of the loading time, the junk button usually gets inserted before the sync button, pushing it out to the right after its loaded. I therefore accidently press the junk button by accident sometimes. This is a classic Microsoft HCI problem. Surely the button should be there but greyed out when you cant click it. Having buttons moving around in menus is bad in the same way popups are bad. So break your bad habit WLM will sync automatically when 1st opened peter -- If you find a posting or message...

Just installed new hard drive
I just installed a new hard drive and used the drive's utility program to copy everything from my old drive to the new one. Now Outlook isn't going out to my ISP's server and getting my new messages, and when I send a message I get the "no transport provider available" error. (My connection's just fine.) I looked online for some help. One recommendation was to delete the Personal Folder and create a new one. I did that, but then all the messages I had disappeared and it freaked me out so I didn't want to mess with anything else. How can I make it work ...

Computer Check Printing
Computer Checks Edit List is for a check run for one country (all the vendors in that countrY), but the vendors from another country show up as zero dollars. Any idea how to prevent this? It does not appear to be related to KB# 874437, as electronic payments are not used. Thanks in advance. ...

Pocket Money for Smartphones
Does anyone know if there are any plans to create a version of pocket money that is compatible with smartphones running Mobile 2003? It's really a pain that mobile Money doesn't work on any smartphones! ...

host unreachable after recent Windows Update
Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server, fully patched and running real swell until Wednesday morning. (Tuesday evening: applied the GDI+ patch: MS04-028.) Didn't find out until later today: internal e-mail is fine, inbound Internet e-mail is fine, but nothing goes out over the IMC. Each outbound e-mail generates Event ID 3010 warning message in the App log: host unreachable. But NSLOOKUP on that very server successfully resolve those same domain names, and ping gets replies. The only other software on this server: GroupShield 5.0 all up-to-date, and VirusScan 8.0.0 patch 1 push...

Issue installing FRx 6.7 on Windows 2003
I am encountering an unhandled exception error when attempting the installation. The installation prompts for the language, I select English, then Next. The progress bar makes it all the way to the right of the next screen, then I get the above error. This is a brand new quad CPU Dell OS is base WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise, not SP1 Only installed software is: IIS 6.0 (FTP, WWW, MSMQ) CA ArcServe (backup software) SQL 2000 Enterprise, Analysis Services, both at SP3a WinZip Acrobat 6.0 Reader Hello, Can you give us the exact error message you're receiving (all words and numbers fro...

Reports in Money Small Business 2004
Since "upgrading" from Money SB 2002 to SB 2004, when I run a Sales Analysis Report (ie, "All Projects" or any project for that matter) . . . NONE of the sales/invoices are included (except as $zero) for the dates BEFORE I "upgraded" the software. The paid (or unpaid) invoice (s) for all of the projects are still there, showing the correct amount of money, they are not, however included in ANY type of report I try to run. In other words, I can ONLY get totals within a report SINCE I "upgraded" (since 6/1/04). IF I were to run any sales reports...

error message in Outlook after running windows and office updates
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with this. When ever a few staff tries to send a new e-mail, a message "Do you want to save changes" come up and on the back of this message I see the spell checker box come up. The problem is that if you click on "no" on the error message, it comes up with another message something like "running out of memory". I just ran all the windows and office updates on all the machines in the company and so far two employees are having this problem. Is this something to do with the updates? Any suggestions? did you try ...

Bizarre background window behavior in Word
I am running MS Office for Mac 2008 (12.2.4) on a 2008 Intel iMac with the most recent version of Leopard OS. Since installing a recent upgrade to Mac Office 2008, I have been having a frustrating problem when I keep multiple documents open in Word. The active document will randomly be moved to the background, while one of the inactive open documents will randomly move to the foreground. Curiously, the inactive window now in the foreground actually remains inactive, and if I continue typing, the text is placed in the active window that is now hidden in the background. The only way to b...

Do money updates install when you're not admin?
I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it has also been installed or do I have to log in as admin to complete the process? In microsoft.public.money, Brian H wrote: >I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as >administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money >updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it >has a...

Return Money 2005 DIRECTLY to MS :)
Just read the conditions of the 30-day Money-Back Guarantee and MS will refund "reasonable" S&H costs up to $7! If you're unhappy w/ Money 2005, I can't think of a better way to get your opinion across than to send it back directly to MS (along with the "explanation for return" that they request) AND stick them with the shipping bill. :) If you return it to the store, the best MS will ever learn is that it was defective. Sending it back to Redmond lets them know they just paid $5 extra for a product they rushed out. Your voice will instantly take on as much...

Money 2006 Small Business Rating
After using Money 2006 Small Business now for many months I will have to say that it is the worst Money I have ever used. It is so slow! It is running on a 3 Gig Pentium IV with 1 Gig RAM. I have been using Money for many years now and am VERY SORRY that I purchased Money 2006. Just my comments. What exactly is slow. Not that I don't believe you, but are the slow parts and different that what some folks have described report on here, for example in the FAQ. For comparison, I don't see any slowness, nor have seen any in the past. I have M04 Small Business, with what I'm sur...

Microsoft Money #5
Just purchased new copy of Microsoft Money as part of Works Suite 2004. When trying to open this product it tries to open the older version, 1999. Then get a error message saying, "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version." Any advice on what to do? In microsoft.public.money, Jeannie wrote: >Just purchased new copy of Microsoft Money as part of >Works Suite 2004. When trying to open this product it >tries to open the older version, 1999. Then get a error >message saying, "Money cannot open this file because it >was c...

Transfer automation
Hi all: I want to transfer the entire content of an entire excel book into a powerpoint presentation but I need to do this with an automated method (macro, batch file, etc). Does anybody have ideas on how can I do it? All your help will be greately appreciated. Thanks a lot. The easiest method could bo to insert an object into powerpoint using the insert>object method. Be sure to select the 'link' option. Changes to the spreadsheet will be atoumatically shown in powerpoint. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~...

RTF in SSRS 2005
I have a data set that has a column with RTF data such as: {\rtf1\sste.... Is there a way in SSRS 2005 to output the text of this column in rich text formatting? Thanks. ...

Can't Convert Quicken 2001 Deluxe Data to MS Money 2004
First I tried to convert the Quicken Data using the MS Money 2003 OEM Version that came with the new computer I bought last week. Then I purchased MS Money 2004 Standard Edition and still couldn't convert my Quicken data. On the box, Microsoft says they offer a 30 day money back guarantee with no details about how to get your money back. Does anyone know how I can get my money back? Regards, John E. Golden ...

Forecaster 6.7 SE SP2
When I am installing Service Pack 2 for Forecaster 6.7 SE I am getting the following warning message. I have a single tier installation. FYI, I have already tried KB ID # 861990 and deleting the 'InstallShield' folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield) without any success. Can anyone advise me on this? FRx Forecaster - InstallShield Wizard The database file was not found in the location specified. Please re-enter the database name and/or location that contains the FRx Forecaster database you would like to upgrade. ...