Money 2005 Statement Date

I stopped downloading statements from my bank years ago, but on the home page 
next to an account name I still have the date in 1999 that I last downloaded 
the statement.

Can anyone assist with how I can clear/remove this date from my home page?

Thanks.
0
Utf
4/14/2010 4:57:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

3 Replies
774 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 11

In microsoft.public.money, spook wrote:

>I stopped downloading statements from my bank years ago, but on the home page 
>next to an account name I still have the date in 1999 that I last downloaded 
>the statement.
>
>Can anyone assist with how I can clear/remove this date from my home page?

When you delete a statement from the Account List, Money clears the
downloaded balance amounts from the associated account.  Here is a
5-step way to do that:

1.Open a new Notepad file, and paste the following six lines
between the delimiter lines below into the file.  Save the file as
"ClearBalance.QIF".


============begin ClearBalance.QIF==========================
!Type:Bank
D04/11/2010
T-1.00
PRemove Balance
MUsed to remove the balance
^
============end ClearBalance.QIF==========================

2.  Change the date on the line that starts with 'D' to a date
later than the reported last download in the register.  Today's
date should work.  The date format depends on your Windows regional
settings.

3.  Save the File->SaveAs the file "ClearBalance.QIF" in the same
folder as your *.mny file.

4.  Open Money, and File->Import->Downloaded Statement.  Select
ClearBalance.QIF and click Import.  Money will ask which account
(or to make a new account).  Select the account you wish to clear
the Downloaded Date from, and click Next, then OK.

5.Do not process the statement as you would a regular statement.
Instead go to the Account List and right-click where it says
"Transactions to read:1" for the account that you imported into.
Choose DeleteStatement.


You can re-use the ClearBalance.QIF file on all the accounts you
wish to clear.
0
Cal
4/14/2010 2:07:39 PM
Thanks for your instructions.

All went well until I attempted to delete the statement (step 5). When I 
tried this, I got an error message stating "This operation cannot be 
performed". Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, spook wrote:
> 
> >I stopped downloading statements from my bank years ago, but on the home page 
> >next to an account name I still have the date in 1999 that I last downloaded 
> >the statement.
> >
> >Can anyone assist with how I can clear/remove this date from my home page?
> 
> When you delete a statement from the Account List, Money clears the
> downloaded balance amounts from the associated account.  Here is a
> 5-step way to do that:
> 
> 1.Open a new Notepad file, and paste the following six lines
> between the delimiter lines below into the file.  Save the file as
> "ClearBalance.QIF".
> 
> 
> ============begin ClearBalance.QIF==========================
> !Type:Bank
> D04/11/2010
> T-1.00
> PRemove Balance
> MUsed to remove the balance
> ^
> ============end ClearBalance.QIF==========================
> 
> 2.  Change the date on the line that starts with 'D' to a date
> later than the reported last download in the register.  Today's
> date should work.  The date format depends on your Windows regional
> settings.
> 
> 3.  Save the File->SaveAs the file "ClearBalance.QIF" in the same
> folder as your *.mny file.
> 
> 4.  Open Money, and File->Import->Downloaded Statement.  Select
> ClearBalance.QIF and click Import.  Money will ask which account
> (or to make a new account).  Select the account you wish to clear
> the Downloaded Date from, and click Next, then OK.
> 
> 5.Do not process the statement as you would a regular statement.
> Instead go to the Account List and right-click where it says
> "Transactions to read:1" for the account that you imported into.
> Choose DeleteStatement.
> 
> 
> You can re-use the ClearBalance.QIF file on all the accounts you
> wish to clear.
> .
> 
0
Utf
4/16/2010 4:31:01 AM
Your Money file could be damaged. You can try repairing the Money file or 
using a different one and see if you get the same results. Go to 
www.support.microsoft.com/money and type in 178850 for restoring a backup 
file or 902466 to repair the Money file.

I hope this helps.

"spook" wrote:

> Thanks for your instructions.
> 
> All went well until I attempted to delete the statement (step 5). When I 
> tried this, I got an error message stating "This operation cannot be 
> performed". Am I doing something wrong?
> 
> Thanks again.
> 
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
> 
> > In microsoft.public.money, spook wrote:
> > 
> > >I stopped downloading statements from my bank years ago, but on the home page 
> > >next to an account name I still have the date in 1999 that I last downloaded 
> > >the statement.
> > >
> > >Can anyone assist with how I can clear/remove this date from my home page?
> > 
> > When you delete a statement from the Account List, Money clears the
> > downloaded balance amounts from the associated account.  Here is a
> > 5-step way to do that:
> > 
> > 1.Open a new Notepad file, and paste the following six lines
> > between the delimiter lines below into the file.  Save the file as
> > "ClearBalance.QIF".
> > 
> > 
> > ============begin ClearBalance.QIF==========================
> > !Type:Bank
> > D04/11/2010
> > T-1.00
> > PRemove Balance
> > MUsed to remove the balance
> > ^
> > ============end ClearBalance.QIF==========================
> > 
> > 2.  Change the date on the line that starts with 'D' to a date
> > later than the reported last download in the register.  Today's
> > date should work.  The date format depends on your Windows regional
> > settings.
> > 
> > 3.  Save the File->SaveAs the file "ClearBalance.QIF" in the same
> > folder as your *.mny file.
> > 
> > 4.  Open Money, and File->Import->Downloaded Statement.  Select
> > ClearBalance.QIF and click Import.  Money will ask which account
> > (or to make a new account).  Select the account you wish to clear
> > the Downloaded Date from, and click Next, then OK.
> > 
> > 5.Do not process the statement as you would a regular statement.
> > Instead go to the Account List and right-click where it says
> > "Transactions to read:1" for the account that you imported into.
> > Choose DeleteStatement.
> > 
> > 
> > You can re-use the ClearBalance.QIF file on all the accounts you
> > wish to clear.
> > .
> > 
0
Utf
4/21/2010 3:56:06 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Date #9
One column has the date which I enter manually. If I type 15may it converts immediately to 15-May which is great. But how can I get the line to enter dates automatically? What I need is to enter one date (say, 20 May) and for all lines below to automatically add 1 day at a time, either at the time of starting the line, or even before in one go. Thank you very much JB You can use a formula, if you add the date in A2, in A3 put =IF(A2="","",A2+1) copy down as long as needed and format the cells the same way as in A2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JB"...

Date and Time
Is it possible to have a cell show the current date and time without entering it, like in word? Nick If you want the current date and time, updated whenever a calculation occurs, use =NOW(). If you want to enter the current date, without updating, press CTRL+; -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Lord Of The Morning" <Not@aol.com> wrote in message news:vmjpgijrjvs5c5@corp.supernews.com... > Is it possible to have a cell show the current date and time without > entering it, like in word? > > Nick > >...

Date Problem !!
hi there i have a big problem with the dates. i enter 09/10/2005 in a cell and it changes to 10/09/2005 !! big problem. it shows 10/09/2005 in the cell but 09/10/2005 in the formula bar !! 2 different dates very confusing is there a way of telling it to use just one kind ??? thanks -- cassy01 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cassy01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=780 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473175 It's the same date, it's just formatted differently o...

Grouping dates in pivot table
I am pulling data from a SQL Server database to create a pivot table. Excel (07) is not recognizing the field as a date. This is a field I would like to group by in the pivottable. I am aware of all the techniques to convert this to a date field, but I am searching for an answer as to why XL pivot tables cannot consume the dates directly from a sql query. I have played with bringing the dates back in a number of differenent formats with no success. Any insights into this would be appreciated. Probably coming in as text and yuo may only need to copy an unused cell and paste sp...

how do i change dates on my calendar and keep my pics
Publisher doesn't support this. You would need to do it manually. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bob T" <Bob T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68671977-F71B-444F-AE72-801D2B359FEE@microsoft.com... > ...

Question about Date validation
Hi All, I'm working on a form for weekly data entry. I'd like to create a date field where the user will enter the date the week ends (ie week ending Friday, June 25th). Is there a way to write code so that Access will check that the day the user inputs is a Friday (and if not they will recieve an error message)?. I know how to program the error message pop-up box, but I have no idea how to write code to check if the date inputted is a Friday. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Use the WeekDay function If WeekDay(Me.DateField) = 6 Then MsgBox "Error" En...

Hiding tasks with due dates in the distant future
I'd like to display only my tasks for the next month or so. How can I filter out those that are in the distant future or recurring tasks that won't be due until next year or the year after? Hi, Goto the Tasks folder. Goto the Customize current view. Click on the Filter Button. Goto the Advanced Tab. Under define more criteria, clickon the Feilds and then select All Task Feilds and then select Due Date. Then under the condition Select Between and then in the Value enter the range of dates ( say 3/8/2004 and 3/10/2004 ). Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Ambe...

dates
Hi there - I am a new user, have only started using excel 2 days ago but am really enjoying it. I have managed to create timesheets that automatically calculate the time spent on a project. Anyway, enjoying it very much. So, I have dates running down the left hand column (A), eg, 05.10.05. Currently I am inputting these by hand because if I drag that cell down it creates 05.10.06, 05.10.07 etc. I have messed with the 'custom' setting and changed it to 'dd.mm.yy' but this has not solved it. Any help much appreciated. By the way, it's excel 2001 for mac. Tom -- small ...

Reinstall Money on New Hard Drive
I installed Money Plus Deluxe on a desktop and a laptop, which expires Feb. 2010. The hard drive has to be replaced on the desktop and probably won't last much longer. Since I already activated Money twice, my understanding is that my choices are to purchase another copy of Money Plus to install on new hard drive and use until it expires in 2011, or purchase Quicken now to convert files and then re-install Quicken on new hard drive. Or would I be able to download my backup files of Money on new hard drive and then convert to a fresh install of Quicken without doing the con...

Historical Stock Status As of Date
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01C8845C.ADFC9B50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I'd like to know whether anyone has encountered an issue wherein the As = of Date that is printed in the Historical Stock Status Detailed by Item = does not follow the date as indicated in the report options screen. = Currently we are trying to print the said report but no matter what date = we put in, the As of Date that prints on the report is set to 30 Jan = 2008. Is there anything that we...

Find the number of years between two dates
I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to automatically add their ages in another column Try this Formula, assuming that the dob is in cell A1 =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days" regards Mukesh "duke" wrote: > I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to > automatically add their ages in another column On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:47:02 -0700, "duke" <duke@disc...

How can i use a command button to validate date and time
I have two command buttons, each on a different sheet. i need both of them to put the current date in one cell on its sheet and current time in another on its sheet. i also need these cells to be locked so the user can only edit these cells by clicking the command button. Any answers? ...

Todays Date that does not update
I created a macro and a button that when clicked it entered todays date in a cell, which is what I wanted. I used "Today( )". Problem is the date keeps updating to todays date and I want it to stay the date I entered it in. Is there some other value or formula to do this so it does not update everyday? Thanks!! You need to enter the date itself. Any function will always update to the current date. Ctrl+; will enter the current date in a cell. In VBA, use Range("A1").Value = Date -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC...

Limited User can't use Money
I've installed Money 2004 in hopes to clear this same problem I had with 2001, to no avail. I installed Money 04 with my System Administrator acct. It works fine for me. But when my wife tries with her Limited Account, she cannot get access. How do I get her access to this program and data? I've tried installing it in the All Users dir, but no help. I really don't want to give her Sys Admin priveleges just to use Money. Thanks to anyone that can help. MS Support has no info on this, nor does a Google search turn anything up. If she creates a new Money file, can you b...

DATE 01-04-08
Hello again! I am using this code =DateSerial(Year([Opened Date]),Month([Opened Date]),Day([Opened Date])+10) on my form....is there a way for the date to get recorded in the main table as well. because on the form and the report it shows up, but not in my main table...do I need to run an update querie or something??? Any suggestions?? Thanks Ransom Ransom, It would be simpler like this: =[Opened Date]+10 Is Opened Date a field in the same record as where you want to record this calculated date value in the table. So this date, whatever it is, will always be 10 days after the Ope...

date confusion
hi im new to excel 2007 i want to ask that when i type 7/4 in a cell excel thinks that the slash is division operator so it divides it ?? but in different cell it interpret it as date ok another problem is that when I enter 7/4 in the different cell excel interpret it as 4-Jul only but How do I display the year too ? even if i type 7/4/2008 or 7/4/08 it still shows 4-JUL ? Help please thank you very much Format the cell as m/d/yyyy, you created the d-mmm format by just entering 7/4 so you need to reformat the cell to the date format you want. Always use the full date when entering dat...

Money using wrong date to calculate ROI YTD
I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, the ROI YTD is not accurate, as Money is using values for the stocks going back only 6 months form the date I enterd the transactions rather than the values as of 1/1/03. What to do? In microsoft.public.money, Brooks wrote: >I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for >a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back >to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, &g...

Void trans. Money 2006 doesn't recog.goes to same transaction/bug?
In my checking acct. I entered a check number and it had to be voided. When I try to to go to a new withdrawal, it starts with the number that was just voided instead of going to the next check, is this another bug? I tried closing the program and restarting but does the same thing. They fix this in 2007 also? Seems the more I work with 2006, seems to be bug infested and they want you to buy 2007 to fix it? Bruce I just tried this in M07 and M04. I entered # 2111. Then I voided it. Then I went to enter another new transaction. In both versions, It started the transaction by auto-fil...

IF Statement 02-17-10
The statement below is working good. I need to add a statement to the end that all other numbers will be 200%. Can someone help, please. =(IF(G6=20,"110%",(IF(G6=25,"110%",(IF(G6=50,"110%") Thank you Tina Try this nut note a couple of things, There are no a lot less parenthesis, yo had too many Ive removed the quites from the percent answers. Format your formula cell as percent with as many or as few decimal places as you want If the formula works for you then that's fine but it 'could' produce unwanted results. For example ...

date Format #28
-- Regards, ------------------------------------------------- Mahmoud Metwally Ali Jaicorp IT Manager Office Tel. : (202) 3471495/361 Mob. : (2010) 5195169 ...

If Statement #23
I need help on an existing VBA formula: In my spreadsheet “Conversion Validation Template Billable Jobs” row J3. I want to do a vlookup on J3 that would look up the value in D3 in a Table_Array spreadsheet “VBAP” Col_Index_Num #3 IF AND ONLY IF the value in rows of column B is: PY. -- Regards, Jeff dim mycell as range for each mycell in range(Cells(1,2), cells(1,2).end(xldown)") if mycell.value = "PY" then "CODE HERE " end if next mycell "Jeff" wrote: > I need help on an existing VBA formula: > > In my spreadsheet “Conversion Va...

Switch from Money 2003 Deluxe & Business-> Money 2003
I just purchased a new computer and Money 2003 is preinstalled. On my other computer, I was using Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. When I loaded my backup in Money 2003, I received a message that since the previous version was for business, I would not be able to access my business accounts. Not a problem. The problem that I am having is that all of my balances are -$170,999,999 on every account and that a bugdet and cash flow are set up. I can't figure out how to make this right, and get the correct balances updated. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help. DH In ...

Disabling Microsoft Money Background Banking Service (mnybbsvc.exe) in 2007
I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? In microsoft.public.money, Milhouse Van Houten wrote: >I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the >settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? You could remove your LiveID. ...

Retirement planner in 2005?
I have Money 2002 Deluxe and it has a pretty comprehensive retirement planner. Looking at the 2005 boxes in the store it looks like that planner no longer exists in Money 2005 Deluxe. Is that true? In the version that does include the planner, is it significantly different than what was present in previous years? Thanks. -- Jeff Stevens Email address deliberately false to avoid spam jeff@stevens.com I upgraded from 2002 to 2005 and the Life Time Planner is still there and converted with no problems. "Jeff" <jeff@phony.com> wrote in message news:OA8JlIhBFHA.1396@...

Money 2005 Calendar
Is there any way to pring out the bill calendar? Quicken allowed you to do this and it was one of the more awesome features in Quicken. ...