Money 2005 - not allowing me to work online or offline

Money 2005 is no longer allowing me to access the program.  When I try to
connect online I get an error message that my email address or password is
incorrect, or the server is down.  When I try to connect offline it tells me
my password can not be verified and I need to go online.

The result is that the software is completely inaccessible.  I have tried to
reinstall without success.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

The problem with M2005 is that shortly after release a real show stopper bug
was found and a forced patch was needed. Check your version in Help >
About - it must be 14.0.xxx.1105. If it isn't you need to download the patch
by opening sample.mny.

See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/42.aspx

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"freedman7708" <freedman7708@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Money 2005 is no longer allowing me to access the program.  When I try to
> connect online I get an error message that my email address or password is
> incorrect, or the server is down.  When I try to connect offline it tells
> me
> my password can not be verified and I need to go online.
>
> The result is that the software is completely inaccessible.  I have tried
> reinstall without success.

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
3/23/2008 8:48:55 PM
Thanks.  However, I do have the version you noted below.  When I opened the
sample.mny file to get to the help menu, the program opened correctly.
However, as soon as I tried to open the original file, I was jammed up again.
 I also received a pop-up asking me to re-up on my online support fee.
However, when I go to that website, my IE crashes.  I still can not work
off-line.

freedman7708

"Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:

> The problem with M2005 is that shortly after release a real show stopper bug
> was found and a forced patch was needed. Check your version in Help >
> About - it must be 14.0.xxx.1105. If it isn't you need to download the patch
> by opening sample.mny.
>
> See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/42.aspx
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>

> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "freedman7708" <freedman7708@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Money 2005 is no longer allowing me to access the program.  When I try to
> > connect online I get an error message that my email address or password is
> > incorrect, or the server is down.  When I try to connect offline it tells
> > me
> > my password can not be verified and I need to go online.
> >
> > The result is that the software is completely inaccessible.  I have tried
> > reinstall without success.

If you don't have a backup, do you get far enough to use the repair money
files on the file menu?
Also, if you can open the sample file, it would appear that you have a
pre-update program.  Sorry I don't have 2005 installed anymore, but the
update changed the format of the file.  The last time I reinstalled 2005, I
let it set up a new file, did the program upgrade, then substituted the file
I had been updating for several years, which I had moved during the
reinstall process.

> Thanks.  However, I do have the version you noted below.  When I opened
> the
> sample.mny file to get to the help menu, the program opened correctly.
> However, as soon as I tried to open the original file, I was jammed up
> again.
> I also received a pop-up asking me to re-up on my online support fee.
> However, when I go to that website, my IE crashes.  I still can not work
> off-line.
>
> freedman7708
>

> "Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:
>
>> The problem with M2005 is that shortly after release a real show stopper
>> bug
>> was found and a forced patch was needed. Check your version in Help >
>> About - it must be 14.0.xxx.1105. If it isn't you need to download the
>> patch
>> by opening sample.mny.
>>
>> See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/42.aspx
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For UK tips & fixes see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>>

>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>
>> "freedman7708" <freedman7708@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Money 2005 is no longer allowing me to access the program.  When I try
>> > connect online I get an error message that my email address or password
>> > is
>> > incorrect, or the server is down.  When I try to connect offline it
>> > tells
>> > me
>> > my password can not be verified and I need to go online.
>> >
>> > The result is that the software is completely inaccessible.  I have
>> > tried
>> > reinstall without success.

0
jbarnes (58)

Unable to go online when using a router
Hi I have several CRM laptop users who are unable to go online while at home. They are able to get a functioning VPN connection and ping the servers but when trying to go online with CRM they get the Unable to connected to the CRM server error. However the same users are able to go online when using a vodafone card. I am guessing the problem is with the routers that are being used at their homes Has anyone got any idea how to rectifty this ? Thanks Brian Is your network set up where they cannot access the SQL Server directly when they come in on the VPN? Simple test from a command ...

Investing Button at top not working
Hi I have MS Money Deluxe OEM Edition, version 14.0.100.1105. When I hit the Investing button, the system crashes. i get into my investments through the account list, so the data is there. I suspect my software is at fault. Please advise what action should be taken. Regards Graham I suspect your data is at fault. Try opening the sample data file and see if it has the same behavior. If it doesn't, see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104. "Graham" <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE70D740-004C-4448-9D48-BBFC69D54551@microsoft.com... > I...

Money 2004 Headlines Update
Used to be when I was on Money I'd hit 'update now' and get the headlines from MSN Money on My Money Home Page. Stopped working about 3 weeks ago. All my other stuff updates fine. I don't use Passport, never have, never will. But I do want the headlines back. Any help? tks Paul I understand that the headlines have been turned off for the moment because of the corrupt GIF issue a couple of weeks ago. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see htt...

2003 offline address book sync error
Exchange 2003 - I have an issue where the offline address book is not syncing and sending email errors to everyone's mailbox in the sync folder. I had an issue where I had to call MS Support and they said it was because it was not tied to my 2003 db. The offline folder is tied to a default folder and I'm not sure how or where to change it. They would not help further because it was not the cases issue, so I thought I would ask you all before I have to pay for another call. This is a new server - only 4 people on it so far - all 4 receiving the error email. Can anyone help - do you...

crystal reports not working after reinstall
hey all ive reinstalled crm on a new server (standalone (exchange, ad, sql on stand alone servers)) but now crystal is giving me this error File frs://Input/a_011/001/000/267/8c83bb9cfe7d01a0.rpt not found on File Repository Server. this happens on all reports, i fixed my custom report by deleting it and re adding it using report manager. is there anyway to bulk fix the built-in reports? there is a a toolkit from Microsoft MBS support to help you rebuild the crystal database. http://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/customer/TK35006Report_Toolkit_12.zip However this link assumes you can ac...

Anyone actually get CRM Mobile working yet?
I've been tasked to try and get CRM Mobile working on our Development network. I've installed the SW, I've followed the prompts. If you know CRM Mobile, the statement "I can even see the ssCERDA site" means something. <big grin> Problem is, I'm using my boss's new PDA/Cell phone combination. When we install, we get errors on almost all components: "The program you have installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile software" After that, it sorta installs, but then when we try to connect we...

XPS Drv Sample
Hello, I have just installed the WDK 7600, and I have built the XPSDrvSmpl example for Vista 32 bit, Checked (and Free). Having produced the driver, and added it via Printer in Control Panel, whenever I print to it, a document appears to be sent to the printer, but no dialog appears asking me where to save file. A dialog should appear with 3 extra property pages added. Using DbgView I get a couple of lines of debug text from dllentry.cpp with an HRESULT 80040111, class id not supported. I added some more debugging to the sample and lots if the CXDSmplUI methods appear to be cal...

Auto Archive doesn't work
We have auto-archive anything older then 6months, archiving back to exchange server drive. But it doesn't seem to work. I manually try to run from outlook, it shows it is running, but when I open my Archive.pst files, all folders there but no e-mails archived. I know I have e-mails older then a year, I verified my archive path is correct, I can drag and drop e-mails to archive folder no problem. Why, anyone has seen this issue? Thanks MC did you check your path and make sure you can create/modify files there? "CAMC1" <webmaster@ozoptics.com> wrote in message news:O0I...

Home Ed, OphCrack did not work, lost password, what next?
Hi All, Help! Vista Home Edition I have a customer that decided to put a password on her computer. So she would not forget, she used her last name as the password. Whatever she put in, it was not her last name. All upper case and lower case derivatives of both her first and last name did not work. So, I fired up Oph Crack (ophcrack-vista-livecd-2.3.1.iso). No joy. Oph Crack did say that the Administrator password was blank, but Administrator is not enabled. She currently is sitting with a Linux Live CD, so she can read her eMail etc. I have Bart PE, so I can edit r...

word won't work with blogger
i get a error when I made a new blogger-account. I fill in mine usename and password and then I get message. Can do this action because google-acount is block. Have you tried asking the blogging site? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "jpc6000" <jpc6000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E03486A6-29D9-467E-8527-BCD501EBBA5F@microsoft.com... >i get a error when I made a new blogger-account. I fill in mine usename and > password and then I get message. Can do this...

Allowing other applicaitons to send e-mail
Hello, I am a novice Microsoft Access programmer and I have some code that sends an e-mail with some attachments. This all works fine however every e-mail is prompted with an Outlook message asking me if I want to allow the e-mail to be sent by another programme. I know there is ClickYesPro freeware to overcome this however I am on a corporate network and the powers that be will not let me install this. Is there a way to change the Outlook settings to allow specific applicaitons to send e-mails without the warning? If I need to code Outlook then I will have a go! Many thanks. Marti...

MS Money 2006 Deluxe and Memory Problems -- Windows ME
Anyone else using MS Money 2006 Deluxe on a Windows ME platform?? Does anyone have any idea why this keeps locking up my computer?? I have tons of memory. I have a memory manager installed. I did discover that this thing was trying to get current market info -- I disabled that. I do not have direct access to my bank -- they're not up-to-speed yet. Any other ideas why this thing locks up near the beginning of the program opening?? Thanks. Barbara In microsoft.public.money, The Moose wrote: >Anyone else using MS Money 2006 Deluxe on a Windows ME platform?? > >Does anyone ...

Turn off Offline Mode in Outlook 2003
Hello, Is there a way to turn off the offline mode in Outlook 2003 permanently? -- Thank you for your help! JYC Type of email accounts? If exchange, you can disable cached mode. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use? ...

Money 2006
I had to modify some transactions for 2005, and thus my tax information changed. I would like ot export my 2005 tax information for use in TurboTax 2005, but I cannot figure out how to do so. Using the "File/Export to Tax Software" menu item, I am given the choice of the current year to date, or the completed 2007 year. How can I export the data from 2005? Please tell me I don't have to reinstall hand re-create all of my transactions which affect that year. Any stuggestions are appreciated You might try setting computer clock back to "year" 2006. Hope th...

Counter stops working
I have been using the following code to add items from one worksheet to another in a specific row and column. I have used this code for a few years. Recently when editing in Excel 2007 (compatability mode) the counter stops working. ie it always puts the data in row 7 instead of counting down one row for each additional item.Does any one have any ideas on what has changed or is there a better way to control where the copied data is placed. Sub FordRetail() '<<RETAIL On Error Resume Next Dim WkSht As Worksheet Dim Counter As Long Dim RowCount As L...

Change of address auto-reply rule is not working in Outlook 2003
Hello, I've been trying to set up an auto-reply rule in Outlook 2003 home (that is, using my POP account with my ISP). I am in the process of changing my ISP, and want to send an auto-reply message to all entries in my Outlook contacts folder. I specified the following conditions in the rule: - sender is in Contacts address book, and on this machine only - reply using C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\New address.oft The template contains a simple update email text message, the recipient and subject fields are empty. I treid testing the ru...

Cannot connect to Vanguard using Online Services
I cannot connect to the Vanguard Group with Money 2005 eventhough Vanguard and money say I should be able to. It says the connection failed. I can connect to my other banks. There is no descriptive error message. Anyone know why this is? Well, I CAN connect to Vanguard but CANNOT connect to Hewitt Assciates LLC, another brokerage. MM 05 is buggiest Microsoft product I've ever seen. In microsoft.public.money, MelTracy wrote: >I cannot connect to the Vanguard Group with Money 2005 eventhough Vanguard >and money say I should be able to. It says the connection failed. I can...

Can't logon to OWA with particular username while mine is working fine #2
Hallo, I use OWA at home and it's working fine. When I want to logon with a particular username and password I can't login. The option on exchange for OWA is enabled. When I want to login I get the following error: "The page cannot be displayed" HTTP 500 - Internal server error Internet Explorer Thanx in advance ...

money making email lists
Possible $800,000.00 as seen on Oprah & 20/20 PAYPAL OPPORTUNITY AS SEEN ON OPRAH & 20/20! Make up to $800,000.00 with only a $6.00 investment! This is completely legal for it follows the same regulations for mailed chain letters according to the U.S. Post Office (1-800-725-2161). You must follow these instructions exactly in order for this to work. (1). You must have a paypal account () https://www.paypal.com/row/mrb/pal= =3D5LEZW... (2). Send through paypal $1.00 to each of the 6 email addresses on the following list: 1: andydonovan-uk@hotmail.co.uk 2: Sandra.Schueller@t-online.de 3:...

Sign Out Not Working
Sign Out – I use Vista Home Premium. When I click on the Sign Out option, it does not sign me off. What should I do? And, my cookies are on. Jerry Jerry, What are you signed on to that you can't sign off from ? An application ? The computer ? Do you mean Log On and Log Off ? Also, why do you mention that your "cookies are on" ? What leads you to believe this has anything to do with your problem ? BB "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A4FF2A7-F7BC-4443-9EC7-583CC37D1F04@microsoft.com... > Sign Ou...

Money 2000 Data File Won't Open
I have been using MS Money 2000 for a number of years now. It is the ONLY version of Money I've run on my current system. I recently was forced to reformat and reload my entire OS, Windows 2000 SP4, applications and data. After doing this and trying to open my MS Money files, one personal and one business, they both have asked for passwords. Since I have a secure environment I have never password protected these files... What I've tried since faced with this problem is: 1) Restore backups that had been on a remote zip drive. They too asked for a password... 2) Read a nu...

Can't get money 2002 to open money 98 backup file.
I keep getting an message saying either it isn't a money file or the file is corrupted. I did this over and over on diff. floppies. Still the same. It is on our biz laptop we backup money 98 to a floppy, then to our pc in the office we try to restore and no go. Any clues? Pretty much tried everything possible here. Thanx Ben In microsoft.public.money, Ben wrote: >I keep getting an message saying either it isn't a money >file or the file is corrupted. I did this over and over on >diff. floppies. Still the same. It is on our biz laptop we >backup money 98 to a flo...

money 2004 #86
Upload accounts and information from a floppy disk to another computer Error: Question not found. "Fullerville Mission" <FullervilleMission@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9108E90-4EAD-44D1-A792-B79E215F7BD7@microsoft.com... > Upload accounts and information from a floppy disk to another computer ...

Making Money at Home
Hello! I'll keep this quick! I'm a part of the most amazing earning opportunity right now that I think you need to take a look at! This program pays out $1,000 per month in their very unique "2-in-1" earning system. This has NEVER been done before, EVER - until now.. Check it out: ** Just 2 Referrals and it's FREE! ** Huge 5x5 monthly matrix! ** Amazing 100% matching bonuses on ALL your referrals! ** Monthly Referral Bonuses paid forever..! All for just $10 per month! WOW! Here's my link: http://www.making-money-at-home.non-mlm.com Thanks, have a great day! ...

Confusion with TD/CD A/cs in Money 2000
I use MS Money 2000 and I'm quite confused with how to open a Term Deposit or Certificate of Deposite A/c in Money. Also do I have to open a seperate a/c for every certificate or can I keep all the Certificates of Deposites under one a/c? Any help would be most welcome. ...