Money 2005 Communication Error

I recently linked a Passport account with my Money file and now I can't
import my OFX files from my bank anymore. I saw some other posts related to
MSN Billpay which I've never used. It looks like this is a known problem.
Does anyone know of a fix? I thought the problem was my bank so I went a
couple of weeks before investigating this issue; now my backup file is also
corrupted. I tried the Money repair function but to no avail.
0
keanton1 (2)
1/30/2005 8:39:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, keanton wrote:

>I recently linked a Passport account with my Money file and now I can't
>import my OFX files from my bank anymore.

Have you tried removing the Passport?

> I saw some other posts related to
>MSN Billpay which I've never used. It looks like this is a known problem.
>Does anyone know of a fix? I thought the problem was my bank so I went a
>couple of weeks before investigating this issue; now my backup file is also
>corrupted.

Saying that your backup file is ALSO corrupted implies that you
think your main file is corrupted. I see no reason to think that it
is.

And you use the term "backup file" singular. This suggest to me that
you overwrite your one and only backup file every time you run
Money.

Make copies of your *.mny and *.mbf files now into a different
folder while you are thinking about it.  You should rethink your
backup strategy in case your Money file were to actually become
corrupted.

> I tried the Money repair function but to no avail.

How so? What did you do, and what caused you to think that the
repair thought there was a problem?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/30/2005 9:34:27 PM
Yes, I removed the Passport, removed all banks (from all open and
closed accounts); and yes, I was always overwriting my previous backup
file. I tried both the quick repair and standard repair, the log did
not show that any errors were fixed - said something about no broken
links.

I tried creating a new blank Money file, then imported my files into
that with no problem, so there is definitely something corrupted in my
original file.

0
keanton (3)
2/17/2005 6:46:53 AM
In microsoft.public.money, keanton wrote:

>Yes, I removed the Passport, removed all banks (from all open and
>closed accounts); and yes, I was always overwriting my previous backup
>file. I tried both the quick repair and standard repair, the log did
>not show that any errors were fixed - said something about no broken
>links.
>
>I tried creating a new blank Money file, then imported my files into
>that with no problem, so there is definitely something corrupted in my
>original file.

Sorry to hear that the old file is not good.

You may be able to do a QIF export/import from the old problem file
into the new one.

If you want to do the QIF export/import, I would follow the steps
in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178830
except in the first step 4, I would suggest this: start the name of
the QIF file for the investment accounts with an underscore (_),
and start the name of QIF files for the cash accounts associated
with the investments with a letter.  Thus you might have
_BrownInvestment.qif and BrownInvestmentCash.qif.  This would cause
the investment account to be processed prior to the associated cash
account.  When the BrownInvestment got created, you would specify
that you want to track the cash transactions.  Then specify that
the cash transactions account for BrownInvestment was where the
BrownInvestmentCash.qif transactions get sent.

Then File->Import->RecoverAccounts ALL AT ONCE using Ctrl+<click> to
select files.

Inspect the files to eliminate any duplications that resulted from
the import of the OFX and the QIF files together. It could be that
you would be better to start with an empty file, do the QIF, then do
the OFX import.

I would also set up the backups to make sure they are using
different names.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/17/2005 6:55:51 AM
Thanks, but finally I fixed this by doing the following. I had
submitted a case to Microsoft Support. They suggested I assign all my
accounts that did not have a bank to a fake one (e.g. 123). I assigned
all my unassigned accounts to financial institution "123". Then I was
instructed to do a quick repair, then standard repair, then reopen the
file and do a quick repair. This did NOT work. However, then I deleted
all my "real" financial institutions (i.e. selected "stop using online
services") and also assigned those accounts all to "123" (both open and
closed accounts). I also deleted the Passport password; then I did the
quick repair, standard repair, quick repair again. That fixed it, I was
able to import my OFX files once again! I've since added back my
accounts that support the downloads from within Money, and those are
working as well. Unfortunately my main checking account does not
support updates from within Money, I must log in and download the OFX
file; I'm just happy it's working again.

0
keanton (3)

MS Money insists that a Mutual Fund is a Stock
I have a Janus Funds Overseas Stock mutual fund account whose stock ticker abbreviation is JAOSX. Even though this is a mutual fund whenever I view my Investment Allocation MS Money insists that it is a stock and not a mutual fund. Would anyone have an idea as to why? In microsoft.public.money, cybun wrote: >I have a Janus Funds Overseas Stock mutual fund account >whose stock ticker abbreviation is JAOSX. Even though >this is a mutual fund whenever I view my Investment >Allocation MS Money insists that it is a stock and not a >mutual fund. Would anyone have an idea as ...

CRM SBS install and uninstall error
The install (reinstall) or uninstall MS CRM 3.0 on SBS2003 Premium does not work. During "Executing Install (or Uninstall) action" I receive Warning: "Failed to remove the Microsoft CRM-Fax Router Service" and then Error: "System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RegisterFaxService failed." "The configuration registry key is invalid". How can I uninstall CRM completely or install it properly? Help me please. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Regards Renio ...

restoring money 2005
Please help. A client got the rogue virus. But they had backed up their MSmoney 2005. After reinstalling XP and Money 2005, they went to restore from backup and got the error path not found or is write protected. I read posts on restoring but they go back to when microsoft supported 2005. What can I do to help them get their MS Money 2005 restored. Many, many thanks In microsoft.public.money, DrDigital wrote: >Please help. A client got the rogue virus. But they had backed up their >MSmoney 2005. After reinstalling XP and Money 2005, they went to restore >from...

EFT for Payables Error
I am helping a client set up the EFT for payables and we are running into a strange error that looks like it should be resolved. The bank/country assigned to the vendors remit to address is missing or inactive. Assign the bank/country region to the address or activate the format. We have gone into the Vendor address (Remit To) and verified that everything is set up correctly. We have also Verified the Check Book Maintenance window and it is set correctly. However when we go to generate a sample EFT we get this meesage. Any ideas? TC, I would try running Checklinks (File>Mainte...

Unable to backup Exchane 2003 DB's with error 217 from ESE source
Hi all I had an exchange 2k3 sp1 with 2 storage groups with 5 db's at 1 SG (included public folders) and 2 db's at the other SG on a win2k3 SP1 machine.Before 4 days Veritas Backup stoped backup all my databases with error 217 from source ESE.After 2 days search i've decided to install SP2 for exchange 2k3 to resolve the problem. Yesterday afternoon i apply sp2 with no error and i try to take backup of my db's. Veritas start backing up fine.It backed up my first SG with success but when it went to back up the first db from the second storage group event viewer logs err...

LPCTSTR vs const char* in Visual C++ 2005
Greetings! I'm converting programs written on Visual C++.NET 2003 to Visual C++ 2005. While building them with Visual Studio 2005, I got hundreds of errors like: "cannot convert parameter 1 from 'LPCTSTR' to 'const char *'" or "cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char *' to 'LPCTSTR'". I wrote a simple application to duplicate it (see below): #include "stdafx.h" #include "windows.h" int Work(LPCTSTR s) { return strlen(s); } int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[]) { Work("ABCDE"); return 0; } Do...

2k3 error 550 "Invalid Domain" is my domain
Our Ex 2003 server has been up and running for almost a year and occasionally a user will get a Undeliverable report which says 550 Invalid domain mydomain.com, where "mydomain.com" is really our domain name. And then yesterday a user was emailing about 50 customers at once and she got several of these exact NDR's, and these were for emails to recipients we've never had trouble with in the past. I'm really scratching my head here. Where to begin to troubleshoot? Many thanks for reading. -Bob Post the NDR. -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer s...

calendar reminder error
Hi all, I am running Outlook 2003 Standard and connect to an exchange server. Everytime I add a new item to my Calendar and set a reminder I get the following error message: The reminder for "XXX" will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Tasks folder. Is this OK? Any ideas? I would like for the reminder to appear. TIA, Param Is this your default Calendar folder? If it is then start Outlook with the /resetfolders switch and see if that helps. Open Start, Run and type (without the quotes but with the space before the switch): "outlook.exe /resetfolders&quo...

Money 2003 Deluxe not responding
I am running Money 2003 with Windows xp. I am having a problem with the Bills and Deposits page. When I select a bill to be paid and then "Enter into Register" the first time the Bills and Deposits jumps to the last bill on the list instead of the next bill due. When I try to enter the next bill due the windows task manager jumps to 100% cpu usage and money stops responding. I had 256MB ram installed and recently added 256mb to make the total ram 512mb. That did not seem to help. Does anyone have any suggestions or is there a fix for this problem? And for how long does it...

server error 03-01-10
i keep getting this error and i dont know how to fix it The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Windowa Mail', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D "d" <d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:906AB3BC-7B68-42EB-8A09-45A341BECD31@microsoft.com... >i keep getting this error and i dont know how to fix it > > The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have en...

Error #-2147217843 Login Failed for user 'sa'
(Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server) (SQL State: 4200) (NativeError: 18456) No help file available. What the heck is going on? I have installed RMS on my personal computer, and I have been using that for a couple of weeks just to see if there were going to be any problems in regards to installing 1.3 and this is what is comming up all of a sudden, WHY??? -- Thank You,; Vince Vince, When are you getting this message? Sounds like you've entered the wrong password for the database. Go to SO Administrator | File | Connect | make sure that server says (local), use SQL Au...

Run time error when opening up Outlook for the first time after logging into computer
I am running outlook XP or 2002 and I have noticed that recently when opening up outlook for the first time after logging into my computer which is running XP pro, that outlook gets an runtime error and will not allow outlook to open. After that outlook opens just fine. One of the changes that I have done is disabled Windows messenger from running at all per article 302089 from microsoft. I am not sure if this is the problem or not, I did have a problem with outlook express opening up slowly and there was a fix for that. Any ideas.. ...

"Runtime Error 429: ActiveX can not create object"
When I try to open Microsoft Retail Management Service POS, it opens correctly, and seems to have contact with the back-office computer that hosts the database. However, when I try to open either the Manager module or the Administrator module, I get an error that reads "Runtime Error 429: ActiveX can not create object". To my knowledge, the computer was operating correctly when the store closed Saturday, and when we opened Monday morning, this was the message. The only new thing I am seeing is Office 2007, which was installed several weeks ago. Also, one of the employees see...

Pocket Money 2003 Help
Does anyone have any clue when an update/fix will be posted for Pocket Money 2003. I bought a new Toshiba 355 with Pocket Pc 2003 and my new Money 2003 doesn't work with my new PDA (The main reason I bought both). I called support a month ago, and they said they would probably post a new download within a couple weeks. Of course, no download yet. Am I going to have to buy yet another version of Money to get it to work???? Thanks ...

How big is your money file?
Mine is about 25Mb. Is there a limit? Is there an size I should not go over? Tod DeBie wrote: > Mine is about 25Mb. Is there a limit? Is there an size I should not > go over? My current is about 10 meg. I suggest you may want to archive some of the older data as Money does slow down with larger files. -- Joseph Meehan Dia duit My file is about 50Mb. I have not found a compelling reason to archive. -- "Tod DeBie" <tod_debie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uIadnRGTE_ZYzQbfRVn-uA@comcast.com... > Mine is about 25Mb. Is there a limit? Is th...

Adding Categories to Microsoft Money Essentials
How do you add new categories & sub categories to Microsoft Money Essentials? I don't believe that you do. The don't call it Money Essentials (MEss) for nothing. "Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E73E1E5-01E5-4873-877B-F3DE55E5C926@microsoft.com... > How do you add new categories & sub categories to Microsoft Money > Essentials? Perhaps if they had called it "Money absolute minimum - cut down basics" people might not have wasted their money? :-) -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips &...

HELP! OAL Generator Error ID 9334 and 9344
We are running Exchange 2003 SP1. Users see errors in Outlook 2003 about not able to generate the Offline Address list. Checked the Event Manager and found Error ID: 9334 and Error ID: 9344 Error ID: 9334 OALGen encountered error 9004010f while initializing the offline address list generation process. No Offline address list have been generated. Error ID: 9344 OALGen could not find the address list with the Active Directory object GUID of '/guid=3B3681C2364D814F91379D5358C20302' in the list of available address lists. Please check the offline address list configurati...

Contacts file error
Contacts file not popping up by default. When I go to create a new email and click the "To" field button, I am prompted "The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or...". Next I get to select the names/addresses but nothing is listed. I select the dropdown box and there are two contact files. Selecting the other one lists all my contacts. How do I fix this problem so the empty Contacts file will not default? Damn annoying. taa asiafreak wrote: || Contacts file not...

error switching profiles
I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP pro. I recently added a new profile to Outlook. Previously, I created a new Inbox folder & outlook data file (pst) for a second email account under the very same profile. I rarely used the second email & just had all mail going to the same inbox. I deleted the extra inbox & created a second profile instead as it makes more sense. Now I am getting an error when I open Outlook every time I switch profiles. When I open Outlook for a different profile than the last one used - I get an error box (Titled: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library...

Run time error
I am getting this run time error Run Time error 2498 An expression you entered is the wrong data type for one of the arguments. All of the data types are correct, does anyone know how i can fix this? The code for the form is below DoCmd.FindRecord Me.CompanyName is where the problen is Option Compare Database Option Explicit Private Sub Add_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Add_Click 'DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Exit_Add_Click: Exit Sub Err_Add_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Add_Click End Sub Private Sub Close_Form_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Close_For...

Does money 2004 checking and credit card accounts
When I pay my credit card in my checking account, I would like that payment amount to be posted as a credit in my credit card account. But these two accounts don't seem to communicate. How is this done?? Thanks You transfer money from your checking account to the credit card account and make the payment to the CC Company from the credit card account. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "larryfergy6" <...

stuck in an error loop
I had created an array using the frequency function. I tried to delete the last cell in my array. Alas, what a mistake. I got stuck with an error message that explained to me that changing an array was not acceptable. However, the undo function would not let me replace it with what I had. Excel locked up and whatever I clicked on just repeated the array error mistake. I had to use task manager to exit Excel and lost all that I had not previously saved. Was there some other option to exit from an error message? If you simply selected the cell and tried to delete, the mes...

"undeliverable" error when sending from distribution group
Hi guys! I'm running Exchange 2003 server. Here's the problem: I have a user "A" who is a member of a distribution group called "B". The user can receive all e-mails addresed to the group "B" but when he tries to send e-mail on behalf of that group he receives e-mail stating "You do not have permission to send to this recipient". I've checked security permissions on the group "B" - user "A" has full control over it. What can be done to resolve this problem? Thanks! Hi Igors, only "Send As" permission is...

Roles and Features Refresh Error
On 64-bit Win2008 R2 Server when I try to access server manager roles or features (to install IIS) I get an error - Could not discover the state of the system. An unexpected exception was found: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800B0100): No signature was present in the subject. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800B0100) I ran the System Readiness Tool and it showed the following files missing: (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package_for_KB974455_server_0~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.1.0.mum (f) CBS MUM Missing 0x00000002 servicing\packages\Package...

Errors when a tape recovery point is created in DPM 2010
Hi, We are using DPM 2010 and attempting to backup our Exchange DB's to tape when the jobs are run, manually or scheduled, the console then hangs and we get the following event logged: Source: MSDPM EventID: 943 Data: The description for Event ID 943 from source MSDPM cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. ...