Money 2005 always crashes (wininet.dll error)

PLEASE HELP

I have just purchased the download version of Money 2005
standard.  HOWEVER, I am unable to use it at all.  First
of all it is not compatible with money 2003 which I find
very hard to believe (and I found no reference to this on
the microsoft money website).  But most importantly the
program crashes all the time.

If I try to sign in using my normal internet access, I am
unable to verify my passport account becasue I am behind
a proxy.  This also has stoped me downloading the
complete program from the net.
So...
IF I say "work offline", The program goes to the first
screen and I get an error in wininet.dll offset 00066c9d.

I am unable to do anything in the program before this
happens.  Does anyone have any ideas?

If I am unable to resolve this how can I get a refund?

Thanks

Mark
0
anonymous (74722)
10/6/2004 2:22:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Can you post the exact error you are seeing?

With regards compatibility, US versions upgrade US versions and UK ones do
UK, a US version won't do a UK or international version - is this the
scenario you are seeing?

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

"Mark Hutchinson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> PLEASE HELP
>
> I have just purchased the download version of Money 2005
> standard.  HOWEVER, I am unable to use it at all.  First
> of all it is not compatible with money 2003 which I find
> very hard to believe (and I found no reference to this on
> the microsoft money website).  But most importantly the
> program crashes all the time.
>
> If I try to sign in using my normal internet access, I am
> unable to verify my passport account becasue I am behind
> a proxy.  This also has stoped me downloading the
> complete program from the net.
> So...
> IF I say "work offline", The program goes to the first
> screen and I get an error in wininet.dll offset 00066c9d.
>
> I am unable to do anything in the program before this
> happens.  Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> If I am unable to resolve this how can I get a refund?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

0
glyn1 (1534)
10/6/2004 12:10:14 PM
This is exactly what happens

1. I double click the Money 2005 icon
2. Money opens and asks me to "sign in to open money file"
3. I fill in my email address & password
4. I tick the work offline box
5. I click next
6. Money switches to the Home screen
7. I get an error saying "We're sorry, but Microsoft
Money has experienced and internal error and will have to
restart"
If I see what the error report contains it says
AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer 14.0.0.910 ModName:
wininet.dll ModVer: 6.0.2900.2180 Offset: 00066c9d

How can I fix this?  If it can't be fixed: How can I get
a refund?

Thanks

Mark

scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
>for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft
your wishes or

wrote in message
>> PLEASE HELP
>>
>> I have just purchased the download version of Money
2005
>> standard.  HOWEVER, I am unable to use it at all.
First
>> of all it is not compatible with money 2003 which I
find
>> very hard to believe (and I found no reference to this
on
>> the microsoft money website).  But most importantly the
>> program crashes all the time.
>>
>> If I try to sign in using my normal internet access, I
am
>> unable to verify my passport account becasue I am
behind
>> a proxy.  This also has stoped me downloading the
>> complete program from the net.
>> So...
>> IF I say "work offline", The program goes to the first
>> screen and I get an error in wininet.dll offset
00066c9d.

>> I am unable to do anything in the program before this
>> happens.  Does anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> If I am unable to resolve this how can I get a refund?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Mark
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/7/2004 12:10:23 AM
If you are running winxp you might need to re-register your dll library file.
Try running:

regsvr32 wininet.dll

I can't guarentee this will work or save your program. Just make sure you
create an access point and the basic steps. Good Luck.

"Mark H" wrote:

> This is exactly what happens
>
> 1. I double click the Money 2005 icon
> 2. Money opens and asks me to "sign in to open money file"
> 3. I fill in my email address & password
> 4. I tick the work offline box
> 5. I click next
> 6. Money switches to the Home screen
> 7. I get an error saying "We're sorry, but Microsoft
> Money has experienced and internal error and will have to
> restart"
> If I see what the error report contains it says
> AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer 14.0.0.910 ModName:
> wininet.dll ModVer: 6.0.2900.2180 Offset: 00066c9d
>
> How can I fix this?  If it can't be fixed: How can I get
> a refund?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

0
Amit1 (33)

GP 10 WorkFlow Error 05-27-10
Hi I am receiving an error in GP 10 WorkFlow. At the end the workflow fails with the error. "An error has occurred in the Approval Status". Would be very helpful if any lead could be provided. I googled around but no solution was specified to this error. Kindly Advise. Following is the Content of the Event Log Action: SubmitForApproval Current User LogOnName: FZE\Administrator Input parameters: <RequestObjects> <ArrayOfBusinessObjectSubmissionInformation xmlns:xsi="http:// www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www...

Profiling DLL
Environment: MS Visual Studio 6.0 Pro; Win2000 server, Java JDK1.4.2 Following the instructions at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B179269 I am attempting to profile my DLL built under Visual Studio. The complication in my case is that the DLL is called by only Java/JNI. Using java.exe as the executeable name the PROFILE command works and my test program successfully runs to completion. For example, PROFILE /I %dllname% /O %dllname% D:\is\jdk14\bin\java.exe -classpath %cp% org.fast.NSTestHarness %1 The problem is the .PBO output file is empty. The usual suspects...

Error Message #31
One of my spreadsheets will not open. I get an error message that says: Program error. what causes this and can I retrieve my spreadsheet? But other workbooks will open ok? If yes, the first thing I'd do is try to find a voluteer that could try to open it on their pc. If that didn't work, sometimes you can recover your file by opening in saving in a later version of excel. Other times, openoffice can open files that excel can't. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD Firefli wrote: > > One of my spreadsheets will not open. I get an error message that...

error in importing data
Sorry the error is 0x8004032d ...

Runtime Error 2001 you canceled the previous operation
Dear all Eperts I have write VBA code like this Private Sub calenstart_Click() Me.Filter = "startdate='" & calenstart.Value & "'" Me.FilterOn = True End Sub when i click on my calendar it show message error Runtime Error 2001 you canceled the previous operation I can't fix it, what something wrong. Help me Thanks The message means that the filter string is not valid. Consequently, the next operation (applying the filter) fails. Presumably startdate is the name of a date/time field. Here are some reasons why it could fail: a) you used ' inste...

Money Plus Deluxe
My Money Plus Deluxe stopped working so I uninstalled the program and put in my disk and the following message comes up. "Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money" When you go into control panel / add and remove programs Money shows it installed but it won't go any further. Does any one know what happend and how to fix? In microsoft.public.money, Thomas M <Thomas M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My Money Plus Deluxe stopped working so I uninstalled the program and put in >my disk and the following message comes up...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error
When I try to install E2003 SP1 I get the error: EventType exchangesetuperror, P1 6_5_7226_0, P2 update, P3 microsoft exchange messaging and collaboration services, P4 install, P5 e0070101, P6 _null_, P7 1, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NI The log says it cannot find a file but I can't tell which file it's looking for. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks ...

Sending Letter to Contact Crashes Outlook
In Office 2003, if Word is open and I use Actions > New Letter to Contact, Outlook freezes up. On the other hand if Word is not open, "New Letter to Contact" works fine. Any explanation? Never seen it. You'll have to supply at least _some_ troubleshooting information. Error messages? Configuration changes to your setup? Did it ever work correctly? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Terry Smerling" <tsmerling@lasuperiorcourt.org> wrote in message news:udHcH$1QEHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > In Office 2003, if Word is open and I use Actions > New Let...

Excel 2002
Have several spreadsheet files I use routinely. Three have recently crashed after I added another sheet. In each case the document recovery created a file missing all the color and text formats that the file contained before the crash. Not sure what other changes may have occurred. Is there something wrong with the copy of Excel on my PC? Could these three files be corrupt? Is there a procedure to "clean-up" these files? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Mark Hi sounds like they are corrupted. I would suggest to copy the data + formats to a new, 'fresh' workbook. ...

error 2147217865
I am experiencing an Error message on my second station when trying to post a transaction, usually the first or second after I open Store Operation Pos. My main data is sitting on first station. This is the error msg in Full. Error 214721865 Cannot Drop the Table # Temp Because it does not exist in System Cat Log (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server) (SQL State:40502 Native Error 3701) Select GetDate ( ) As Current Date Time I am unable to find this error on customer source Can you post cause and RESOLUTION ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micros...

Script error in IE8
When I am trying to use the general search function in Win XP sp3 (all recent updates) from the start menu, I get the following error message: An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 38 Char: 5 Error: permission denied Code: 0 URL: http://ie.search.msn.com/sa/5_12_0_512943/srchasst.js Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes or No What could I do to correct this? "jiger" <jiger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54E2513A-6273-41CA-A429-46C1F995B995@microsoft.com... > [Subject: Script error in IE8] ...

Upgrading from Money 2002 #2
I have the original money 2002 that came with the computer and have never upgraded. Which is the best version to go to? More importantly, when I purchase and download the upgrade, will it go over the current program and update all the information that I currently have? Thanks and Happy New Year -- mfletcher The latest version in the US is Money+ aka Money 2008. Other geographies have different versions. Money keeps all your data in the .mny file not the program. When you install the new version it usually remembers where your .mny file was, makes a copy of it (for safety) and then up...

Office assistant error...
Hi, Having an issue on a standardised platform of XP with Office 2000 (SR2) and Outlook 2003. Users experiencing an error when starting Office Assistant - "The office assistant could not be started." The recommendation is to repair the office installation. Have attempted this as well as a reinstallation of Office 2000 and Outlook 2003, all to no avail. The error is sporadic but is occuring often enough to warrant this post! Anybody out there got some suggestions? Cheers, Darren Kukulka Systems Manager Beacon Technology ...

error messages
Every time I use my email, I get an error message that I need to close and send report to microsoft. I have tried the process of eliminationg add-ons and remove third party addons . I have also ran the complete scan to locate the problem but the problem still exists. "Cottontop" <Cottontop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE8C3F3F-FD22-4D34-9A8E-48C23567FFAD@microsoft.com... > Every time I use my email, I get an error message that I need to close and > send report to microsoft. I have tried the process of eliminationg > add-ons >...

Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC?
I was assigned to upgrade one program from Access(using ODBC to connect to SQL 2000) to ASP.NET(using store procedure in SQL 2000). Finally, I tested them and found that ASP.NET is slower than Access. The mojority job of program is select some data from SQL 2000 tables, modify and then insert into some tables. Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC? -- Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com Stored procedures don’t add any overhead and they can save compile time. It's the code in the stored procedure and the underlying tables / indexes that ...

Contract
When I attempt to Invoice a Contract, I get the following error: <description>The service address of the contract is invalid.</description><details>The service address is invalid, this contract can not be set to invoice state.</details> Does anyone know what the issue/error could be? Hi Kathy, Not sure about service address, but check if the contact address and bill-to address for the contract has been set. To invoice a contract both these addresses are required. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME E...

Error in Detailed Sales Report
Dear All, Have you encountered a strange scenario wherein in your shop you have sold 1 item in that particular invoice/receipt # but when it got connected and process the WS401 and when you run the detailed report in HQ level , it was added up with some items which is not in the original shop transactions. Example.. Store A Trx # item Qty 1023 apple 2 in HQ Store Trx# Item Qty A 1023 apple 2 A 1023 orange 3 A 1023 banana 2 Which in the store A transaction, those items where not in that trasaction but somehow when it was connected and process...

Backup error Access Denied
I have been recieving the following error message for a while and can't figure out how to fix it. It is only happening on one mailbox. "Backup - \\MBMAIL\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Access denied to file Jhon Doe [jdoe]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresMail Delivery (failure jdoe@xyz.com)." Help Please Can you access the mailbox from a mail client? If so, you can use mdbvu to look at the Top of the Information store folder, and delete the message in there. If you cannot access the mailbox, then I have seen it where some users think they are ...

Installation of KB970430 Failed, Error 800B0100
Tried to install KB970430 automatically and manually and failed. Received error 800B0100 which took me to System Update Readiness Tool and in to an apparent circle. Using Windows Vista. jtm wrote: > Tried to install KB970430 automatically and manually and failed. Received > error 800B0100 which took me to System Update Readiness Tool and in to an > apparent circle. Using Windows Vista. Suggest you clean boot Vista and then try to run the System Update Readiness Tool (CheckSUR) again: How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in...

"cannot empyt clipboard" error
I am getting the cannot empty clipboard error after every cut/paste or drag/ drop. I'm running Windows XP & Excel 2003. Is there anything to fix this? ...

An error occurred while trying to promote the e-mail. Try again
I have an email that I sent using Outlook (didn't use the CRM Email option). I now want to promote the email into CRM so that we have a permanent record of the email associated wioth the contact. I open my sent items, select the email and click the 'Promote E-Mail to CRM Activity' button in SFO. I get the error "An error occurred while trying to promote the e-mail. Try again" No matter how many times I 'try again' I get the same message. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can get the email into CRM? Cheers Graeme SFO doesn't have any...

OFXIE12029 Error
My bank sync no longer works. Nor can I epay bills. I get the following error message: An internet communication error occurred. "Please try your call again later. (OXIE12029)." I have never had this problem before. I called my bank and they believe it is a MS IE / MS Money problem. All other sync's work. Any ideas? Greg In microsoft.public.money, Greg wrote: >My bank sync no longer works. Nor can I epay bills. I get >the following error message: An internet communication >error occurred. "Please try your call again later. >(OXIE12029)." I h...

Services error
I cannot start about 3 service on my exchange server5.5 and it gives this error when trying to start the information store - 'The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service returned service specific error 4294966767' have any body experienced this and what can i do? Please see the following article: 246272 XADM: Service Specific Error 4294966767 Appears, Information Store Stops http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246272 -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hiranaka Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

EmigrantDirect, wrong web address for online services (Money 2003)
Version: Money 2003 (I know, I know, I'll upgrade if I can ever get it to work correctly...) I used to be able to receive transactions from EmigrantDirect. However, as of last year, they changed their web address. The web address stored by Money is (https://cib-maintpg.ibanking-services.com/special/b321_maint.htm), which is no longer valid. Is there a way I can manually change the address, or guide Money to the right address? I have tried to go in through the browser in Money to download statements directly, but I can't seem to update the address so that automatic downloads...

Outlook 2003 Usepecified error
Hi, I am having real problems trying to resolve an issue with outlook 2003 with Word as the e-mail editor. I am trying to forward an e-mail with about 5 pdf attachments that come to about 3mb in size, when I try to send the e-mail I get an "Unspecified error" If I turn off the word as the e-mail editor it works ok and sends the e-mail ok. I have also changed the text from html to plain text but i then get a 2nd error which I have managed to get rid of but readind the kb base article 870707. I have also tried running the detect and repair along with installing the latest s...