Money 2005 activation?

I'm considering upgrading but don't agree with what product activation means
to me as a customer. Nevertheless, I don't want to get into any arguments
over the ethics.

What I want to know is does the Money 2005 product I can purchase on CD use
product activation? I checked out Microsoft's site as well as the product
box doesn't say it does...even though I recall an older version did. That's
precisely why I didn't upgrade at the time and can't believe Microsoft would
dump the 'feature.'

Anyone know?

Rick.
-+---
rpali@alienshore.com
http://www.alienshore.com/seeking/

0
rpali (3)
10/30/2004 2:45:50 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Hello Rick:
You wrote in conference microsoft.public.money  on Fri, 29 Oct 2004
22:45:50 -0400:

 RP> What I want to know is does the Money 2005 product I can purchase on CD
 RP> use product activation?

No.

Vadim

0
vr (140)
10/30/2004 3:00:52 AM
"Vadim Rapp" <vr@myrealbox.nospam.com> wrote:

RP> What I want to know is does the Money 2005 product I can
RP> purchase on CD use product activation?
>
> No.

So all the activation questions I've seen here are about the downloaded
version? That *seemed* to be the case but I just wanted to be sure before
buying.

Rick.
-+---
rpali@alienshore.com
http://www.alienshore.com/seeking/

0
rpali (3)
10/30/2004 3:09:48 AM
Correct. Besides activation ethics, et al., there are many reasons to just
buy the CD like normal folk and skip the on-line purchase.

"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:

> Correct. Besides activation ethics, et al., there are many reasons to just
> buy the CD like normal folk and skip the on-line purchase.

Amen. Thanks to you and Vadim for sharing your knowledge.

Rick.
-+---
rpali@alienshore.com
http://www.alienshore.com/seeking/

0
rpali (3)

Money 2006 Completely Hosed
I've been using this version of MOney with no problems for months. About a week ago, all of a sudden it decided not to recognize that I was logged in to Passport, no matter what I did (tried every single remedy listed in the two KB articles, to no avail) I do have a backup .mny file (not a Money Backup, but just a copy of the file I normally save to a USB thumb drive every time I quit out) from the last time it actually worked. Everything in that file is correct. I had to reinstall IE, and then uninstall Money 2006 and reinstall it in order to get past the Passport thing. Now...

Calendar in Bills Summary MS Money Plus Deluxe
I have MS Money Plus Deluxe and in the Bills Summary page my calendar will not show. I have the "Show Calendar" check box checked. It show the current date on the right side ( 9/17/2007 ). Thanks in advance. ...

The ability to change multiple activity due dates at once
I would find it extremely helpful when I have multiple activities that are due on the same date and I want to change the due date to be able to change them all at once rather than having to open each one separately and then changing the due date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&...

Money 2004 communication error
Hello I am new to Money 2004 and while setting up my bank accounts when trying to download to my bank i get th following message. (An Internet Communication error has occured (OFXIE12031)) Can somebody help me through this so i can start using this program. Thanks Ken This probably won't help much, but since you are a new Money user, I fell compelled to tell you that a) there is nothing about downloading from your bank that is essential to setting up Money, and b) downloading transaction data before you understand how to use Money and how transactions are supposed to work and so on fr...

Active -x
Hi, I need to write an active x control for gui porpus what is the best way to write it using atl or mfc??? Thanks I think ATL... You will have more resources... with more help... "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:Of1u%23yUtEHA.4040@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I need to write an active x control for gui porpus what is the best way to > write it using atl or mfc??? > > > Thanks > > > ...

Q's about Ultrasoft Money
Hi folks, I just got a Treo 650 and am considering getting Ultrasoft Money for it. I use Money 2004. Q1. How much memory does it take up on the handheld? My Money file is 24 MB!! Where will it fit it all on the handheld? Q2. Can Ultrasoft Money be installed to run from a SD card? Can it keep both the program and data on the card? Q3. Can it do any sync/downloads? I have access to Cingular GPRS, so I have internet connection on my handheld Q4. If Money file is changed on PC and handheld, how does it synchronize the changes? Q5. Can I password protect the data on the handheld with...

Money "Plus"
Is this Money 2008? (Yearly question) Why should I change to "plus" from 2006? The on-line sales info is written for and by children, it seems (as usual from M$). I'm sorry for not scanning the newsboard to get answer my question before I posted. So "Plus" == "2008", and a lot of people are griping. So, can someone in the know document the differences (objectively)? Right now the only think I see of value is maintaining the on-line updates a couple years more. Really, does anybody really think that MS's advise on budgeting is going to be headed e...

Problems with Passport/Money Sign-in
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue with Money: I use MS Money 2004 Deluxe. About every six months or so my password just stops working. I use MSN bill pay and the download features for my bank. First, the online service sign in stops working, then my MS Money login stops working. When I call customer service, they told me "Sorry, you have lost your money file and you have to recreate your passport and start a new Money File." This has happened to me THREE times and only once were they able to fix it. They suggested I buy Money 2007 and it should fix the problem. ...

Downloading trouble from TD Waterhouse into Money '04
Is anybody else having trouble downloading transactions from TD Waterhouse into Money 2004? I've been doing it for years and it stopped working on Friday when I was also having trouble running Money updates. Those now work but Waterhouse downloads will not. It tells me there is a problem with the data downloaded, contact the bank... I've been working with Waterhouse since Friday and so far it still doesn't work :( ...

money keeps updating in the background
money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I can't do anything. any help will be appreciate. In microsoft.public.money, John Gutierrez wrote: >money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from >doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts >and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I >can't do anything...

Money 2004 Address Bar
Does anyone know how to delete addresses you don't want from the Money 2004 Small Business address bar drop down menu. ...

How to convert closed invoice to active invoice?
maybye anyone has ideas how to solve this problem? ...

Money Plus QIFs --> personal database
Hello- I am exploring the idea of exporting all MS Money accounts to QIF files, parsing all those QIF files, then writing the complete data to a more relatively 'open' database - Access, SQLite, MySQL, something like that. Not that this would capture all the data in a Money MNY file but it would be a start. And its a fun pet project... The resulting database would have tables such as accounts, transactions and splits, categories, payees, etc. Everything in a QIF file. Knowing the context of a MS Money QIF export, my question to the group is, does anyone know of any public resource...

Money Market Fund
I have a money market fund that when I created it I mistakenly said it was a mutual fund. Is there any way to change the designation back to money market fund? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, neil154 wrote: >I have a money market fund that when I created it I mistakenly said it was a >mutual fund. Is there any way to change the designation back to money market >fund? 1. What program are you using? 2. Do you download transactions from your broker? Sorry about not supplying any details, I should know better. I am using money plus home & business (2008) and I do downl...

Activate "Contacts" field within a Contact
I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was using the Link Contact field in 2003. I just found the Contacts field in 2007 but I cannot edit this field. How do I activate the field. Is there a way to show this field when you open a contact? You need to add the field to that view: Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Show Contact Linking... -- Russ Valentine "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C565B904-9DEB-4F29-AED4-716F2CB253EE@microsoft.com... >I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was using the Link Contact fi...

Activating Trial Visio 2007
Unabale to activate a successfully downloaded trial version of Visio 2007. Keep getting the message now for 3 days running; "A communication error has occured. Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again in a few minutes". There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. I cannot get to talk to any Microsoft Technician as the phone no given does not connect. I do not even have the option of activating by phone being a trial version. Can anyone help? -- Ekeneoma ------=_NextPart_0001_2DA4BC8A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I...

Money 2003 Question #2
My computer froze and shut down with Microsoft money open. When I reboot and tried to open file it gives me an error "Money has detected that you did not close the file before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. Chose Yes. When I chose Yes, it says "repairing file" and then gives me the error that the password I entered was incorrect. Can anyone tell me how to prevent this situation? It's happened several times and takes me a long time to update my file from a back up version. You might want to try renaming the client.xml file. I...

Money 2006 re-install password problem
Had a bug and had re-initialize my laptop. Copied the mymoney file to a CD and re-installed Money 2006. However now when I try and open my old money file the program does not accept my password. I am 99.9% sure of the password. It's an easy one to remember and I have used it at least once a week for the last couple years to acess money. The password was a local password - not a windows live password. Thinking that maybe the file was damaged I tried some old copies of my money file and still had the same probelm. When I re-intsalled Money 2006 it made me enter my windo...

Exporting and Importing Activities from PST file
Product: Outlook 2003 When you export a PST file and then import it onto another computer, is it able to maintain the Activities tab items? Using an Exchange Server is not an option at the present time. Thank you for the feedback. No, it's not. Only copying the entire .pst file and then using it as = your default data store can do that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http:...

Differenc Money 2004 UK and US version?
Upgrading from an Money UK version to Money 2004 US i have file-incomatibility problems! Anybody knows differences of US and UK versions? Thakns in advance Peter In microsoft.public.money, Peter Winter wrote: >Upgrading from an Money UK version to Money 2004 US i have >file-incomatibility problems! > >Anybody knows differences of US and UK versions? UK version has UK financial institutions, tax things, and other things. UK version can upgrade prior UK versions, and US version can upgrade US versions. Note there is the microsoft.public.uk.money group. A really neat way to fi...

Money 2006 small business sorting by customers name
Is there a way to sort customer name by their last name? If I enter name last name first, the invoices are printed last name first. So, if I enter name first name first one cannot find transactions alphabetically. Any suggestions? -- Christopher J. Fazio, V.M.D. Hope, New Jersey ...

I want to update a status reason in an email activity using Workfl
Hi, In 4.0 I am doing a workflow that changes status reason in an email activity .. I want to update it on demand, ie I am going to open an email and run the Workflow to change the status reason. I created a workflow for email entity and enable only on demand, I then added the step for updating EMail. When I click Set Properties Email Form is blank. I then change the only Status Reason to the some value which is allowed in this variable. Do I need to care about other values on this Form. At present I change the value only for status reason. But this workflow does nothing when I run on...

An error occurred....report.dll. Reload Money
I searched and found this problem but the link to the answer is dead everywhere. I just added a 3rd report to my favorites in MSM 02. Any ideas? On Feb 9, 1:14 pm, johnmohlengr...@gmail.com wrote: > I searched and found this problem but the link to the answer is dead > everywhere. I just added a 3rd report to my favorites in MSM 02. Any > ideas? Cal, Any ideas? ...

2005 updating Credit card limit
Using the Std. Ver of 2005: MSMoney helps tells me I can go into the account and where to alter the amount of credit but it is wrong. The help said there is a button I can use to update the credit limit of the account but....it isn't there. The only time there was a chance to enter that was when the account was setup. I'm using the advanced mode. Any thoughts appreciated. Jim In microsoft.public.money, Jim-G wrote: >Using the Std. Ver of 2005: MSMoney helps tells me I can go into the >account and where to alter the amount of credit but it is wrong. The help ...

Money 2001 MSOFD.DLL
Don't know if message got through...but getting error message that MSOFD.DLL file is corrupted. Wanted to get copy of file to replace in program, but don't have CDs since computer came preloaded....anyway I can get that file? Will it solve my problem if I just copy and replace the existing MSOFD.DLL? ...