Money 2004 Premium Loading

Newly acquired 2004, presently using Money 2000 on XP.
Would prefer to load 2004 using a new start date and
account balances, payees, etc. Should I (can I?)unload
2000 to prevent file corruption and then start 2004?
Learned suggestions very much appreciated!
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, fkiinc anonymous@earthlink.net wrote:

>Newly acquired 2004, presently using Money 2000 on XP.
>Would prefer to load 2004 using a new start date and
>account balances, payees, etc. Should I (can I?)unload
>2000 to prevent file corruption and then start 2004?
>Learned suggestions very much appreciated!

You can have both installed as long as you install Money 2004 to a
different folder/directory.

You want to start with a new fresh file? I think Money gives you
that choice during install. Use a different name for your Money
file. If your Money 2000 file is named My Money.mny, rename it
first.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Realexamquestions.com has all real exams with money back guarantee
Realexamquestions.com has all real exams with money back guarantee ...

download matching names in Money 2004
How does the MS Money download match items to the investments in one's account? I have two accounts at Fidelity, one a brokerage account, and the other a 401k retirement (Netbenefits). Both happen to hold some of the same mutual fund. One refers to it as "SPARTAN EXTENDED MARKET INDEX". I was able to match this to the brokerage account. But the second account refers to it as "SPTN EXTND MKT INDEX". MS Money 2004 wants to refer to this as a different security and won't let me give it the same symbol. But of course it is the same symbol with the same price his...

Money: Upgrading from 2003 to 2006
I wrote a long article back in February detailing my experience attempting to upgrade from 2003 to 2005. At the end of this experiment I decided to completely roll back to 2003. What I didn't take into account was that Microsoft had unknownlingly locked me into the 2006 version by hiding a ticking timebomb in my application. Knowing that my downloads were weeks away of coming to a grinding halt, I had no other option. As long as I was upgrading for good though, I decided to write my new experiences for those of you interested. ---The Decisions--- My first task was to decide which option...

Money 2004 Crashes on Startup
This happened out of no where! All of a sudden it crashes on startup! Click this to see a picture of the error. http://24.185.95.108:90/error.jpg It asks me to send a report to MS... I have tried to completely reinstall and everything!! What do i do??! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! :( In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >This happened out of no where! All of a sudden it crashes >on startup! > >Click this to see a picture of the error. > >http://24.185.95.108:90/error.jpg > > >It asks me to send a report to MS... > >...

Budget Problems using Money 2004
When trying to set up a budget, I want to include my mortgage payments in the budget. I've got the mortgage set up using the "loan" option so that I transfer payments from my bank account to the "loan" account after each payment. In the budget, it shows my mortgage amount under the "actual" column but it won't allow me to "budget" for the mortgage payment. How can I fix this problem so that my mortgage payments (and other debt payments) show up in the budget planner? Otherwise, the only expenses that show are the "interest" port...

Money cannot complete an online call
Using Money 2002 on IE version 6 and XP SP2. when trying to setup a new account for online services, msg appears: "Money cannot complete a required online call at this time. Please check your internet connections and try again". I've found a note that addresses this (321353) and the fixes are: 1) repair Internet explorer (which I cannot do because IE does not appear as an installed program 2) upgrade to latest IE (which I have) I even tried to re-download SP2 (to re-install) but the update center won't allow because I already have it installed. Help! Henry, In ...

Installation of office 2004
HI: Which updates are mandatory to download and install? Thanks mikeseiden@rogers.com Apply the updates in the following order: 11.3.5 11.3.6 11.3.7 11.3.8 11.3.9 Alternatively, use the Microsoft AutoUpdate application inside your Applications folder and run it until it tells you that it can't find any more updates. On 22/11/2007 12:43, in article b35ed0fb-f896-4538-9751-d5ce9550cff8@d61g2000hsa.googlegroups.com, "seiden.mike@gmail.com" <seiden.mike@gmail.com> wrote: > HI: > Which updates are mandatory to download and install? > > Thanks > mikeseiden@...

can't open Word or PP files in Office 2004
I can't open some files some people send me. Error msg says "Error opening this document. File may be busy or may not be a Word document." I know it's a valid Word or PP file because these same people have been sending me files for months when I was using Word/PP 2000 on Windows. Not all files act this way. Just some. On OS X 10.3.6. Any thougts? ...

Money categories
Is there a description somewhere of the categories that Microsoft Money creates by default? I know that you can get subcategories but that doesn't help explain what "Not an expense" is or why it is in income. Uri <balor123@gmail.com> wrote on 24 Feb 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > Is there a description somewhere of the categories that Microsoft > Money creates by default? I know that you can get subcategories but > that doesn't help explain what "Not an expense" is or why it is in > income. I've never found a comprehensive explanat...

money 2002 service pack download error
i downloaded the new xp service pack, and now when i try to download something, download mangager pops up with error 1606. it wont let me download anything. please help ...

money 2004 can't be started
I bought money 2004 deluxe yesterday and install it OK. but I failed to start Money everytime with error. It just pop up a message saying 'encountered a problem and need to close'. Help!!! Thank you! In microsoft.public.money, qinzengpeng@msn.com wrote: >I bought money 2004 deluxe yesterday and install it OK. >but I failed to start Money everytime with error. It just >pop up a message saying 'encountered a problem and need to >close'. See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814144&Product=mny helps. ...

What is best way to install Money Plus preminum 2008
Hello All: Since my Money 2006 is due to expire, I just purchased the 2008 plus premium on line. Have already downloaded it with no problem. My questions before proceeding with installation: Do I have to un-install 2006 first ? Or will the new version upgrade the old one? Could I install 2008 in a separate directory and keep the old one in order to try it out with my existing data file? Any other advise regarding pre-installation steps will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Once 2008 has upgraded your .mny file it cannot be read by 2006. Unless you want to go through the hassle of keepi...

Money 2002
Up until two days ago, Money 2002 has worked great for me for last 4-5 years. I cannot open the cash flow but pressing the cash flow button. The graph can be seen on the home page (with $0). It will think for approx 3 seconds (just like on account lists or investments or bill & deposits) but it will not open. Please help. Thanks, See if http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=167 helps. I'm not sure the referenced MSKB item is still out there. Microsoft has been making these articles go away for software they do not want to continue supporting. "BuckR" <BuckR@discussi...

Tutorial for Money 2003
Hello there I find the Money 2003 manual not very helpful. Is there no other tutorial available? There's an online guide - not sure whether it's the same as what you've seen: http://www.microsoft.com/money/support/manual/ and there is a tour online http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/tour/ There may also be some third party books available, but I've never looked. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.m...

Money 2007 Stock Cash Info and NEW COMPUTER
I have purchased a new computer and loaded Money 2007, However on the old computer I had converted a Quicken file and tried to import that file but it would not copy into the Money on the the new computer. I have tried to import my stock info from Buy and Hold.com but only the balance from 9/12 has been brought over. Per the Help section on Money I should be able to change the Account Settings to include a Cash Transactions file but there is no such check box on the General settings on the Account Settings page. So my question is--is there any way to bring in all of my previous buy, sel...

Money 2002 mnyseyup.dll source file not found.
I am in a precarious situation right now. I moved in to a friends place about a week ago and she had given me use of her computer because I am a full-time nurse practioner student, and quite often, it is necessary to access the internet. I was using a systems mechanic tool because she has never done any maintenance on her computer. I also need to say that I am not an avid computer user; to tell you the truth, I loathe them. In my experiences, I have had nothing but problems with them. I have been told many times to do just what the computer asks; but when I do, havoc arises! Getting ...

My Money - Financial News
The default home page in MS Money 2007 has an area called "Financial News". When I open the program, my "Investment Summary" gets updated with new prices almost immediately. However, "Financial News" remains un-updated until I click "Update now". As far as I know, I have the program set to update everything automatically (not just prices). Why is the area not updating? Is there some switch somewhere that I don't know about? John G. ...

The Free Alternatives to Microsoft Office: Stop Wasting Money!
The Free Alternatives to Microsoft Office: Stop Wasting Money! Submitted by G.E. Miller on Sunday, 10 January 2010 http://20somethingfinance.com/blog/2010/01/10/the-free-alternatives-to-micr= osoft-office-stop-wasting-money Is there a Free Microsoft Office Alternative? This may be old news for some, but apparently not everyone has made the switch from Microsoft Office, as you will soon find out. A few years ago, when I bought a new laptop, I was contemplating whether or not I should pony up the cash for Microsoft Office again. After a little research into =91free microsoft off...

Money 2003 #17
Hello, I previously had Money 2001. Now I have Money 2003. With 2001 I was able to project my future bills/deposits in the bills/deposits menu. In other words, I was able to determine how much money was going to be in my account at any given time greater than the upcoming month. I could select a custom date, and project out my bills/deposits for two or three or even six months. For some reason I can not figure out how to do this in bills/deposits for the Money 2003 version. Am I missing something, is there a way to do this? Please help if possible, this feature made my budgeti...

installing money on another pc
Ok stupid question here, I have been using Money (Deluxe Version 14.0.120.1105) for a long time now on my desktop. I have decided to install Money on my laptop too. What i expected was to see the same accounts i have on my desktop, on my laptop too. I entered my netpassport login on the laptop but i see that i have to set up Money from the beginning. Am i doing something wrong? PS: From the web page money.msn.com (banking, my accounts) i can see normally my accounts. "Bill Katsipournias [CptBill]" <bill2933@nospamupieceofshit.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23...

recording a stocks transfer from one broker to another in Money
Hello, I recently transferred equities from one brokerage to another. Does any one have any recommendations as to best reflect the transfer? There were some associated fees with the transfer, so those will need to be captured as well. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. -b In microsoft.public.money, -b wrote: > >I recently transferred equities from one brokerage to another. Does >any one have any recommendations as to best reflect the transfer? >There were some associated fees with the transfer, so those will need >to be captured as well. Any thoughts or sugges...

Advanced Budget does not include Business Categories
Hi, I receive my income by raising an invoice through my business. Is there a way to include the income that is classified under business category in the budget? If not, can you suggest an alternative approach to this? Do I have to setup a fictitious paycheck for me to pay for myself and then include the paycheck in the budget? Please advise. Regards Bharathan I use Money Plus Home and Business and I have yet to find anything that will link your business income (automatically) to the Budget and Spending Tracker. Your idea of creating a paycheck does work - I've done that. I catego...

I still use Money 98 is this wrong?
I began using Money 98 back in fall of 97, I believe, and to this day, have refused to upgrade my Money program to the newer versions. I believe I tried Money 2000 at one time and hated thje format and found it confusing over my Money 98. So I have stuck with it every year. Every Jan 1st I go to main page ( after backing up on Cd rom), and delete my banking info. then put back in my banking info (new) , this then starts me off fresh for jan 1st with balance in my accounts ,and all my bill paying options are still there for the start of hte new year. Now my problem is, today(2004) whe...

Money 2007; Encountered a problem and needs to close
After entering my password, I get "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 16.0.0.1303 ModName: unknown ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000 Can anyone help? Quicken. Less headache's Chud wrote: > After entering my password, I get "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem > and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" > > AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 16.0.0.1303 ModName: unknown > ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000 > > Can anyone help? >...

Microsoft Office 2004 unable to print
I have a problem that has only cropped up today. For some reason all Office 2004 programs are unable to print. I can print from any other program, but not from Office. When you attempt to print the print dialog will come up, but will be unable to show anything in Quick Preview. If you hit print you get an error message indicating "Word cannot print due to a problem with the current printer. Make sure you have a printer selected in Print Center. You may need to print again or adjust your printer settings." I have tried deselecting Quick Preview in the print dialog and it makes ...