Money 2004 Install Wizard won't come back :(

I need to find out how to get the initial setup wizard to run.

I was going through the initial set up of accounts, but had to stop. I
closed Money, assuming that it would save to that point and re-open to
where I was. But now when I start money, it does not give me the
wizard. It opens to the program home page.

I tried uninstalling the program (not that much was entered, so it was
no big thing), but it still opens on the money home page when I
re-install and open it again.

What do I need to do to get it to start fresh????

Please help.
Thanks

Remove the "FOUR YOU" in my email to reply.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

File|New???

"CR" <4Uwebhound2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I need to find out how to get the initial setup wizard to run.
>
> I was going through the initial set up of accounts, but had to stop. I
> closed Money, assuming that it would save to that point and re-open to
> where I was. But now when I start money, it does not give me the
> wizard. It opens to the program home page.
>
> I tried uninstalling the program (not that much was entered, so it was
> no big thing), but it still opens on the money home page when I
> re-install and open it again.
>
> What do I need to do to get it to start fresh????

Money 2007 Premium on-line services
Is the expiration date for on-line services and bill pay for MS Money 2007 Premium, (not Plus) also on 9-1-09? I've used this version since it came out. chris In microsoft.public.money, Repent wrote: >Is the expiration date for on-line services and bill pay for MS Money >2007 Premium, (not Plus) also on 9-1-09? I've used this version since >it came out. > >chris I don't know about bill pay itself. Expect the Money 2007 to not expire on schedule. You should be good for at least the next 3 months without action. After that, we will see what, if anything, is ne...

How to customize Microsoft Money
Is there a way to programmatically customize Microsoft Money? Thanks, Luca See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10. "lalberti" <lalberti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:998312B8-2928-4C61-98F7-F20F38822EF7@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to programmatically customize Microsoft Money? ...

Web Synchronization--Money 2002
I am unable to synchronize Money 2002 with the web. When trying, I get a message that I must get a downloadable service upgrade at Microsoft's website. However, I cannot find anything like that at the website. Any help appreciated. Normally you just do an Internet Update from within Money and that downloads the latest updates. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Charlie" <charleshardt@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:739d01c...

Wndws XPsp3: Auto Update ON but system nags all day to Install Upd
I have my Auto Update set for AUTOMATIC to download/install at 3 am daily BUT I get at least 4-5 messages per day that "Updates have been found formy computer". Constantly updating/restarting. This is driving me CRAZY. Please help. ME wrote: > I have my Auto Update set for AUTOMATIC to download/install at 3 am > daily BUT I get at least 4-5 messages per day that "Updates have > been found formy computer". Constantly updating/restarting. This is > driving me CRAZY. Please help. We now know the following blanks in the puzzle... Windows XP ______ ...

Can I reinstall Outlook 7 over the existng install?
Or do I need to uninstall Office 2007 and reinstall everything? Thanks, I've never seen a single problem that reinstalling Outlook would solve. What makes you imagine you want to? You can certainly do it if you want to waste your time. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Runaround" <run_around@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:38U8k.8167$89.1953@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com... > Or do I need to uninstall Office 2007 and reinstall everything? > Thanks, > Take a look at the discussion resulting from the posting, "Outlook Recieve Error' dated 06/23/2007 f...

a sound like " du dum" when I come out of lower power mode
I hooked up the printer, scanner, and web-cam in the middle of a boot, and then I started gettting a " du dum " noise when it comes out of " low-power" mode, or " stand-by " mode. When the monitor goes blank after 20 mins, coming back out after moving the mouse, it makes the noises, " do dumm". I know something is an amiss. What is the problem? -- attilathehun1 "attilathehun1" <attilathehun1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7980E0FE-9A5D-42CF-BDCA-0B56DF9E4402@microsoft.com >I hooked up the printer, s...

How to revert customisations back to default
Hi, I did a proof-of-concept on a CRM install and exported all the customisations. We then decided to deploy and rebuilt the RCM machine from bare metal. When I applied customisations some went through, but not others. I have tried with some success manually editing the XML file to isolate fault, but now just want to revert the install to its out-the-box configuration. Is this possible, and if so how? Thanks, Alex Did you make backups of the initial databases. You then can restore them and after this operation publish the customizations so they will be default again. Succes! &qu...

Backing Up
How do I make sure that when I back-up my data to an external hard drive (Maxtor) that my Outlook info is backed uP? Especially my calendar, contacts and email folders and contents? With Outlook closed, copy your PST file (which contains your email, calendar, contacts). http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Kathleen Orland Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon http://ontariospca.akaraisin.com/p/kathleenorland.aspx "Steve B" <Steve B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A180B3D-A85A-497...

Money 2003
I opened Money this morning to do my daily update ( download latest transactions, etc ) and noticed my "Upcoming Bills" section was not listed on my customized summary page. So I bounced over the "Bills & Deposits" section and everything is gone?!? All of my entries have flat out vanished?! Has anyone seen this or have any ideas? tia, B ...

Newbie money 2004 questions.
Hello, I just purchased Money 2004 Premium and I have a few newbie financing / accounting questions. A little bit about me: This year I brought my very first house and I thought it would be a swell idea to get a handle on my spending habits and get ready for this new tax and deductible stuff I will have to deal with. For previous years I just did the standard deduction. I also have done all my own taxes using paper now I use TaxCut for the past two years. I am 27 never bothered to balance a check in my life (I know I know I am bad bad person, yet I have over draft protection which I used...

Office:mac 2004 and Tiger (OS X 10.4)
X-posted to: microsoft.public.mac.office and microsoft.public.mac.office.word. Followup-to: microsoft.public.mac.office.word Hello. Some years ago - although after the release of Tiger, OS X v10.4 in April 2005 - I read in one of the microsoft.public.mac newsgroups a posting from an MVP who was still using Office:mac 2004 with Panther, in this case OS X v10.3.9, and that this was because Office:mac 2004 was developed on Jaguar, OS X v10.2 and only works 100 pct with OS X up to v10.3.9. I have been running Office:mac 2004 on a Powerbook FW800 with Panther, OS X v10.3.9 and now want to...

trouble installing
I am having problems getting the microsoft office 2004 for mac student edition to install on my macbook pro. I have removed all office components from the 30 free trial using the "remove office" feature, and have secured my empty trash. I selected to install using the "Office Setup Assistant", entered my correct password, accepted the license agreement, and selected the default installation package. I am the only user on my computer. However, office has been "installing" for almost two hours. The loading bar is moving, but where it says "Items remaining...

after succesful installation, now outlook 2010 beta will shotdown
outlook was working fine, i was working on contact folder, and then it closed with an error, and since then, when outlook starts imeediately dims down and wont start ( closes down) how can you fix ? thanks for your help What was the error and what has been logged to the Event Viewer? Does it still load in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe (note the space in the command) For additional solutions to startup issues see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outloo...

My thoughts on Money
After spending (too much) time researching different accounting packages, I made the decision to purchase MS Money 2006 Small Business edition. I do run a small business, hence the SB edition. I wanted a software package that would manage my business funds. The personal funds management is just a nice plus. I have never before used Money or any other accounting software, so I cannot make any comparisons. I can, however, write about what I think about the software as a new, uncorrupted, and unspoiled user. Let me start by reiterating that I am a new user, so I maybe haven't seen...

message comes up when click a cell
I have been trying to work out how to get a message to come up when you click on a cell. I have attached an example of what I am trying to do, which was in another spreadsheet which I had, but I didn't make it. I noticed the feature and wondered how to do it? Thank you for your help :p File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=300547 (example.jpg) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ use DATA/VALIDATION menu. i think "Input...

Office 2004 Read Write problem
I've read the archives ad nauseam and still can not solve this problem. I am very interested in the MS Office for Mac and downloaded the trial version before I paid for it to see if it is what I want. After the download, I moved the Office icon to Applications. When I open anything thereafter (Word, Excel, etc), I am greeted with "Microsoft Office 2004 Test Drive must be run by an administrator and on a volume with read/write permission. Make sure that you have administrator priveleges and the test drive is installed on a read/write volume". I am the only user on this compu...

Excel charts will not go back to Landscape when selected
When I am on a chart sheet and change orientation from landscape to portrait, I cannot recover the landscape orientation. I've tried creating new charts, which originate in Landscape...same trouble...once the orientation is in Portrait, the Landscape orientation will not recover. Any ideas? -- Please, please consider buying GM vehicles; world class quality...really! Recovery: Changed default printer away from a Ricoh product. Why would the print driver influence ability to change View Orientation? I was not attempting to print anything. -- Please, please consider buyi...

Using Money with an external harddrive
I would like to set up Money on a portable harddrive that will be the location of both the Microsoft Money files and my personal Money data files so that they are not kept on my business laptop. I tried this once in the past but got very frustrated and wanted to give it a try again. Just wondering if anyone has mastered this? Thanks in advance, David The data file should be easy. Setting up the application to be there will probably be a lot harder as most installers won't install on removable devices. Though Money's installer will let you specify where to install it, I'm...

Excel 2004 security upgrade effect on macros

Use of Money for audits
Do Money users generally also keep copoies of all their bank statements? It seems redundant. On the web I get conflicting advice, even in the same article. On the one hand I'm told that software such as Money is acceptable to the IRS (strange, since you can enter your own transactions). On the other hand, the advice is to keep electronic copies of all statments. What do real life users do? I keep all the paper copies including tax return stuff and print a Money all transactions all accounts report once a year besides. It fills about one copy paper carton every second or third ...

I've downloaded and accepted a lot of transactions YTD that have all been auto-reconciled. I didn't realize that was happening until I wanted to balance against my paper statement. Is there a way to select multiple transactions (all) and mark as unreconciled? In microsoft.public.money, bran100 wrote: >I've downloaded and accepted a lot of transactions YTD that have all >been auto-reconciled. I didn't realize that was happening until I >wanted to balance against my paper statement. > >Is there a way to select multiple transactions (all) and mark as >unrecon...

Money skips my bills when matching
I have some reocurring bill set up. When I download my credit card statement, money 2005 S.B. completely ignores them. I accept the transaction, but it will still show that the bill is over due or upcoming on my home page. Is there any way to match these up? Right now I just "skip this occurance" but that gets old after a while and I shouldn't have to. Please help. Thanks. Mike, One way to match them up is to edit the transaction in the register after you've accepted it. Any minor edit, even an extra character in the memo field, will "dirty" the transac...

Is alg.exe part of Money?
I'm having problems with my desktop freezing which seem associated with Money (see separate posting). It looks like alg.exe might be running a lot when this happens, and I don't remember seeing it before. There's a copy in Windows\System32 and another in Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: >I'm having problems with my desktop freezing which seem associated with >Money (see separate posting). It looks like alg.exe might be running a lot >when this happens, and I don't remember seeing it before. > >...

I just install Office 2003 I get error- interface not registered .
I get this error INTERFACE NOT REGISTERED when using Outlook create mail when I attached a Word Doc to it, If I use Word to create e-mail with the same letter I get the same error. Regardless of which program I use the mail cannot be sent Make sure your Word version is 2003, too. Versions must match. "Thomsign" wrote: > I get this error INTERFACE NOT REGISTERED when using Outlook create mail when > I attached a Word Doc to it, > If I use Word to create e-mail with the same letter I get the same error. > Regardless of which program I use the mail cannot be sent Not...

Backing up and reimporting accounts
Is there a way to backup the mail accounts info in Outlook 2000? I need to reformat my harddrive and want to make installation as easy as possible. All I want to backup and restore are the ACCOUNT info. My system is running SO SLOW (no virus, no spyware etc... that I have been able to find) so I don't want to move anything else into my clean registry except account info. Thanks Bruce If running Outlook 2000 in Internet Mail Only mode, you can export your account information. Look under the File menu. If running in Corporate or Workgroup mode, it is not so easy. You can export ...