Money 2004 files to back to Money 2000 program

My computer in Florida has Money 2004.  When returning to Wisconsin I tried
using the Money 2004 files with my Money 2000 in Wisconsin but the program
would not open because it asked for my "Password".  I have never used a
password before and don't have a password.  I have been using Money programs
for 5 years and this is the first time I have had any problems.  Any ideas?
JoeinWisconsin

Joseph R. Ferris (Joe)
E-mail: jferris@tponet.com

jferris (16)
4/18/2005 3:10:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, JoeInWisconsin wrote:

>My computer in Florida has Money 2004.  When returning to Wisconsin I tried
>using the Money 2004 files with my Money 2000 in Wisconsin but the program
>would not open because it asked for my "Password".  I have never used a
>password before and don't have a password.  I have been using Money programs
>for 5 years and this is the first time I have had any problems.  Any ideas?
>JoeinWisconsin

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318843 talks
of backup files, but the same is also true of .mny files.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
4/18/2005 3:16:13 PM
Money is not backwards compatible. The "password" message is Money's damn
fool way of telling you this!

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"JoeInWisconsin" <jferris@tponet.com> wrote in message
> My computer in Florida has Money 2004.  When returning to Wisconsin I
> tried using the Money 2004 files with my Money 2000 in Wisconsin but the
> program would not open because it asked for my "Password".  I have never
> used a password before and don't have a password.  I have been using Money
> programs for 5 years and this is the first time I have had any problems.
> Any ideas?
> JoeinWisconsin

> Joseph R. Ferris (Joe)
> E-mail: jferris@tponet.com

Bob_Peel4015 (409)
4/18/2005 3:29:59 PM
Thanks, Bob and Cal   One more related question;  if I replace M2000 with
M05, will those files be backward compatable with my  M04 I have in Florida?
Joe

"JoeInWisconsin" <jferris@tponet.com> wrote in message
> My computer in Florida has Money 2004.  When returning to Wisconsin I
> tried using the Money 2004 files with my Money 2000 in Wisconsin but the
> program would not open because it asked for my "Password".  I have never
> used a password before and don't have a password.  I have been using Money
> programs for 5 years and this is the first time I have had any problems.
> Any ideas?
> JoeinWisconsin

> Joseph R. Ferris (Joe)
> E-mail: jferris@tponet.com

jferris (16)
4/18/2005 3:58:04 PM
In microsoft.public.money, JoeInWisconsin wrote:

>Thanks, Bob and Cal   One more related question;  if I replace M2000 with
>M05, will those files be backward compatable with my  M04 I have in Florida?

No. If you want to swap between both places, both will need to run
the same version of Money.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
4/18/2005 4:07:45 PM
Thanks, Cal.  Do you know if I can use the same set of disks or do I have to
purchase two seperate copies?
Joe

> In microsoft.public.money, JoeInWisconsin wrote:
>
>>Thanks, Bob and Cal   One more related question;  if I replace M2000 with
>>M05, will those files be backward compatable with my  M04 I have in
>>Florida?
>
> No. If you want to swap between both places, both will need to run
> the same version of Money.

0
jferris (16)
4/18/2005 8:53:24 PM
In microsoft.public.money, JoeInWisconsin wrote:

>Thanks, Cal.  Do you know if I can use the same set of disks or do I have to
>purchase two seperate copies?

The copies you buy separately permit simultanious installation onto
a desktop computer and a laptop.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
4/18/2005 9:41:52 PM
That doesn't help me any.  I have a desk top computer up here in Wisconsin
and another desk top one down in Florida.    Maybe I will buy another M04 to
match the one in Florida then I am sure not to have any problems.

Thanks, Cal.

> In microsoft.public.money, JoeInWisconsin wrote:
>
>>Thanks, Cal.  Do you know if I can use the same set of disks or do I have
>>purchase two seperate copies?
>
> The copies you buy separately permit simultanious installation onto
> a desktop computer and a laptop.

0
jferris (16)
4/19/2005 1:04:20 AM
Depending on your personal sense of devotion to license agreements, you
might be able to interpret your use as consistent with the spirit of the
EULA.

> That doesn't help me any.  I have a desk top computer up here in Wisconsin
> and another desk top one down in Florida.    Maybe I will buy another M04
> to match the one in Florida then I am sure not to have any problems.

But I am not sure that I would be able to sleep nights, Dick!

message news:%232Vy3YIRFHA.356@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Depending on your personal sense of devotion to license agreements, you
> might be able to interpret your use as consistent with the spirit of the
> EULA.
>
> "JoeInWisconsin" <jferris@tponet.com> wrote in message
>> That doesn't help me any.  I have a desk top computer up here in
>> Wisconsin and another desk top one down in Florida.    Maybe I will buy
>> another M04 to match the one in Florida then I am sure not to have any
>> problems.

0
jferris (16)

Refresh Excel file
After refreshing an Excel file, does the record stay at the one you were working on or does it go back to the first record of the file? This doesn't seem like an Excel question. Maybe you could explain what you're trying to do. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "excel dummy" <excel dummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3007EE5-7CC7-45F7-B6E0-BCAB71199012@microsoft.com... | After refreshing an Excel file, does the record stay at the one you were | working on or does it go back to the first record of the file? ...

Access 07 much slower than 2000/2003, multi user
three new PC withh access 2007 trial and an exsiting access 2000 mdb on a network share. Performance is slower but acceptable OK with one user, with additin users (up to 3) it becomes very slow. record scrolling is slow but the main problem is adding records. When typing in the edit boxes it can take > 1 sec for the text to appear, same database saved in 2002/3 format works with any delay in typing or scrolling. Office 07 SP1 installed, and previous versions of the office removed when testing 07. Did same tests with linked tables to sql2005, same results. ...

Backup on file close
Is there any way to make Publisher create a backup copy of a file as you close it after making changes to a publication. I sometimes forget to 'save as' when I have revised a publication so when I close the orginal - which I intended to keep - it gets overwritten. I know it asks if you want to save changes, but I forget that I haven't actually 'saved as' under a new name! Word creates backups - for which I am grateful as I can then open them and re-save. I would suggest doing a Save As when you first start on your revisions rather than at the end. That way it&#...

Upgrade Publisher 2000 to version 6.0
I'm running Version 5.0 and can't open documents created in 6.0. ...

Have free download for Excel for viewing files only.
I have received a file in an email and I cannot view it because I don't have Excel. PowerPoint has a free download so that you can view a presentation. If Excel had this same option, people would be able to view a spreadsheet sent to them for free. If that person wanted to make any changes to the file, THEN they would need to purchase Excel. You can download XL viewer from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN Watch for text wrap, Regards, "CJPrevette" <CJPrevette@discussions.microsoft.co...

Money 2003 Deluxe
When I go to Reports/Taxes/Tax Software Report I get a summary of what should be included in the various Federal Tax Forms. Everything looks reasonable except for the Capital Gains and Losses Money generated when I bought or sold a stock. It looks like some of the transactions ended up under Schedule C! Can someone give me a hint on where I have to go to tell Money how to handle the generated gains and losses? I have been to all the obvious places like "Catagories" and "Taxes" but I must be missing something. Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Ken wrote:...

application.getopenfilename to open a file saved on a server
How do I set the current drive if I wish to us application.getopenfilename to open a file if the folder I wish to vie is on a server -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ChDrive "C:\" -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "dovrox >" <<dovrox.1654sh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:dovrox.1654sh@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I set the current drive if I wish to use > application.getopenfilename to open a file if the folder I w...

NetBank / Money Setup
I've seen in some older posts that there have been problems connecting to NetBank via MS Money... I'm having the same problem, and so far, NetBank support has been no help. Has anyone out there found a solution to this problem yet? Thanks. ...

Can't create file: FAX.TIF
I keep getting this error message when I try to open faxes that come down over our server. Here is the entire message. Can't create file: FAX.TIF. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. I have checked the properties for the Inbox and for the Office Document Imaging and all of that is fine. We were able to open faxes fine, then one day a Smiley bar appeared in Outlook and then we were not able to open the faxes anymore. Also, I have removed Outlook and reinstalled. I hav...

Passing an Array created in a Function or Subprocedure back to the calling Subprocedure
I want to have a Function or Subprocedure that can create an array with 52 specific values in it. I then want to call this Function or Subprocedure from a main Subprocedure and be able to access the contents of the array. Everything can be of type variant for the purposes of this exercise. Can anybody help, please? This worked ok for me: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myArr As Variant Dim iCtr As Long myArr = BuildArray(myArr) For iCtr = LBound(myArr) To UBound(myArr) MsgBox iCtr & ". " & myArr(iCtr) Next iCtr End Sub Function Buil...

Attach file in header
MS Access 2007. I am having users enter and update data in a split form. I would like to put an Excel Workbook file as an attachment that can be downloaded by users (so that they could populate that template with many rows of data instead of manually entering on Access form). I put an attachment field in the header and attached the file, but that only "stuck" on the record that I was on at the time. How can I make an external file always available for download? ...

puttin money 2004 on a new pc
i bought money 2004 onlline and installed from a download, i want to put the program on my new pc but seem to have inadvertantly deleted the file. i have no disc to install from and the tech support at microsoft is just giving me the runaround. does anyone know where i can get the install file? -- becca becca wrote: > i bought money 2004 onlline and installed from a download, i want to put the > program on my new pc but seem to have inadvertantly deleted the file. i > have no disc to install from and the tech support at microsoft is just giving > me the runaround. d...

Converting Publisher Files to PDF Format
When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a message that says "The size of the paper you have chosen is too small to show the printer markings", but when my commercial printing guy takes my same Publisher files and converts them, it works. What am I doing wrong. I've already talked to Adobe and they think that my Acrobat Distiller is set up properly. I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard, Windows XP Professional, Publisher 2003 and an IBM desktop with 260 gigabytes of memory ediejensen wrote: > When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a mess...

Debug Assertion Failed Message in afx.inl at line122 & afshtml.inl file at line 57
Hi, I am getting some Debug Assertion Failed in afx.inl at line 122 and in afxhtml.inl at line 57 Messages on PCs. If i do "Rebuild all" again on my PC then the code starts working. But it gives "Debug Assertion Failed message of afx.inl file at line 122" on other PC. And if i do "Rebuild All" on that second PC then it gives "Debug Assertion Failed message of afxhtml.inl file at line 57" on my PC. It is a debug build. If i take the exe and create a installer then also the installer works on many PCs but gives the message of afx.inl file. The afx.inl li...

Enumerate open file handles of a process
Hello, Can someone please tell me how to enumerate all the open handles of a process. My objective is to write an application that monitors a process and if it acquires a handle to a particular file, I want to close that handle from my monitoring application. Thanks. Get Nebbitt's "Undocumented Windows 2000 API" joe On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:27:37 -0700, RedHawk <rajbhumagani@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Can someone please tell me how to enumerate all the open handles of a >process. >My objective is to write an application that monitors a process and i...

Help! Can't Import Quicken 2001 Deluxe Data into MS Money 2004 Standard
Hello, I have a relatively new Compaq Desktop (2.5 GHz Celeron with 512 MB RAM). I have a Viewsonic Pocket PC and I wanted to use it to track my financial data so I purchased Money 2004 Standard. I tried several times to convert my Qucken Data (it's a big file--I've been using Quicken since 1995). My Quicken program is Quicken 2001 Deluxe. Anyway, the MS Money program started to convert and after a few minutes said: "Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing othe...

Size of files allowed with Outlook 2003
I am having trouble sending large attachments through outlook 2003. Is there a limit to the size you can send. I have one with about 24mb of info. It is stuck in the outbox. I saw how to go offline and delete it but I really don't want to because I scanned it all and don't want to do it again. How can I get this file to go through? Thank you. Pearl King Windows XP, Outlook 2003 Outlook is not in play here. Your mail provider is. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pearl King" <paking@kc.rr.com> wrote in message news:eCH%23qfpSJHA.5268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... &g...

Outlook 2000 will not open-not enough memory
Have Outlook 2000 installed on XP Pro. Has been working fine, but one day, boom! Will not open. First I was getting Virtual memory is too low error when opening. I set virtual memory to let windows determine paging size. Still got the error. Now today, error when opening Outlook - There is not enough memory to run this program. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Outlook 2000. System restore as of last week when it was working. Nothing has helped. I have a Dell Dimension 512mb. Has been working fine, but all of a sudden , nothing. If anyone has a solution, please email karlaf@jwbur...

Cannot download .pdf files in one webpage only
I've a paid subscription to a newspaper and have problems getting in and downloading subscription via .pdf. Before it used to work fine. I tried with Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. It doesn't work in any of the two computers at home with any of those browsers. In the office with office computer it works but at home with office computer it doesn't work. I thought then it would be a problem with the connection. Checked first with the Newspaper, then with the Wireless router technical service and last with the internet provider and everything is fine. ...

Saving Outlook Email As Text File Extract
Hello Outlook Group: I'm normally an Access and Excel VBA programmer, but my client wants me to scrape the text from a select email address and insert it into an Access memo column. Does anyone know how to configure Outlook (VBA approach would be fine) so that when an email is received in a selected account, the message would also be extracted to a directory as a text file and then the Outlook message would be moved to some history folder. Once the text file exists in a predefined folder , I will just have Access periodically check the folder for files, grab the text, ...

WAV File not downloading properly
I have a application that stores a wav file into the database. I retrieve the wav file through a web service call that gets the file. When I try to send the file through the response stream it seems the file gets changed. If I save the file to disk it works properly. Here is my latest endeavor Response.ClearContent(); Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" + "test.wav"); BinaryWriter bw = new BinaryWriter(Response.OutputStream); bw.Write(objPromptStorageOut.promptwave); bw.Close(); Response.ContentType = ATACUtility.getMim...

PST Files #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C3E124.D010CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0039_01C3E124.D010CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0039_01C3E124.D010CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I copied my pst files to the server. The n I upgraded my workstation from Win 98 to Win 2000. When I try to import my pst file, back to the workstation, it copies = over, but there is no data... Can someone tell me what is happening??? Charles L. Ph...

Office 2004--what's the 3rd installation CD for?
I just purchased and installed MS Office 2004 on my brand-new Mac Mini. Everything seems to be working fine, but the installation process only required two of the three CDs. What's the third installation CD for, and if I didn't use it, am I missing anything from the installation? Hello, Maybe it's the CD for Virtual PC (if you have the professionnal version of MS Office) On 18/11/05 1:43, in article 1132274609.639685.321710@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "japanime" <gkardy@gmail.com> wrote: > I just purchased and installed MS Office 2004 on my brand-new Mac ...

Unwanted formating (excel 2000)
We have to import a file (CSV) where data in a column is in "999:99" or "99:99" format. For unknown to me reason the built in logic treats that data as Time and Excel converts some data in this column into wrong format. For example 23:25 will stays 23:25 25:00 will be converted into 25:00:00 120:00 will be converted into 120:00:00 When I format column as text 23:25 will be converted into 0.975695 25:00 will be converted into 1.041667 120:00 will be converted into 5 How can I disable this madness? Thanks MH If you rename your .csv file to .txt, then when you open th...

Sharing an excel file onto webserver?
MS Excel 2002 (SP2) Windows2000/XP/Linux webserver Hi Newbie question: Is it possible to put a spreadsheet up onto a webserver and have different members of our company (who are located in different cities[!]) each access the same file. Ideally it would lock itself if anyone was trying to do edit /update the spreadsheet, so as to stop anyone else from over-writing their content at the same time... - Is this possible... anyone tried it?! Ship Shiperton Henethe I have managed to get two PCs *reading* the same copy of an Excel (2002)...