Money 2004: Error in Subtotals and Cash Flow Charts

On my Account List screen and in the charts on my Cash
Flow screen, the subtotals for my checking, credit card,
and investment accounts are shown as ridiculously large
numbers (i.e. $268,991,640,696,311.71).  When I check
each account for beginning balances ($0) and all of the
transactions in each account, I can't find anything that
would be causing this.  (The ending balances at the list
of transactions in each account is correctly listed.) My
currency is also correctly set to USD.  Does anyone know
where this huge number might be coming from?  Thanks.
0
mdunlap1 (1)
1/17/2004 11:09:55 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Mike wrote:

>On my Account List screen and in the charts on my Cash
>Flow screen, the subtotals for my checking, credit card,
>and investment accounts are shown as ridiculously large
>numbers (i.e. $268,991,640,696,311.71).  When I check
>each account for beginning balances ($0) and all of the
>transactions in each account, I can't find anything that
>would be causing this.  (The ending balances at the list
>of transactions in each account is correctly listed.) My
>currency is also correctly set to USD.  Does anyone know
>where this huge number might be coming from?  Thanks.

Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering
"msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/17/2004 11:38:53 PM
Thanks.  That fixed it.

But why?

0
anonymous (74722)
1/18/2004 3:04:42 AM
In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Thanks.  That fixed it.

Database was out of sync.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Compatability of Microsoft Money Standard 2005 with Windows Millen
I Currently Have an old Version of Microsoft Money Standard 2001. I used to be able to update my stock prices online automatically via the internet. This function does not work anymore. I was told by Microsoft Money Customer Service that I needed to update my software to a newer version like Money Standard 2004-2006. However, is Microsoft Money 2004-2006 compatable with Windows ME? I think that the only version that is compatible with Windows ME is Microsoft Money 2004? However, the Microsoft Works Suite 2005 package with all of the software including Money Standard 2005, says that it ...

=COUNTIF(B6,{">0","<5"}) has error
Hi. =COUNTIF(B6,{">0","<5"}) When I type a value which is larger than 1, it always returns the count as 1. When I type a value which is 0 or lower, it always return the count as 0. What's wrong? I suppose it should work like that the formula will consider 2 criteria. -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP Hi, > =COUNTIF(B6,{">0","<5"}) > I suppose it should work like that the formula will consider 2 criteria. Nope! This formula returns a two-memeber array {CountOfValuesHigherThanZe...

copying chart
How to copy a chart and make the data activiate. I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but Jon Peltier has some instructions, and some code, to delink the data in a chart: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html KEN LAU wrote: > How to copy a chart and make the data activiate. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Missing Distribution in GL for Cash Receipts Transactions.
The Cash receipts transactions (in a batch) when posted from the sub ledger, got posted in the sub ledger correctly but in GL, the transaction distributions are missing. The GL entries are not deleted or edited.? I do know that in some cases the bacth will not even list in the financial series. What is the cause? Is there any scenarios at which these can happen? Thanks & regards Ferosh Check your posting setup. If Post through GL and Post to GL are not checked, then no transactions will show in the GL. -- Elisabeth "feroshmadhav@gmail.com" wrote: > The Cash receipts...

Paste a chart and get the source data to be from the new worksheet
I want to paste an Excel chart from worksheet 1 to worksheet 2 and for the newly pasted chart in sheet 2 to reference the sourse data as worksheet 2 not its original data from sheet 1. Here's an easy way to get what you want. 1. Copy the whole worksheet that the chart is embedded in. 2. Copy the new data you want in the copied chart. 3. Select the data range of the copied sheet. 4. Use Paste Special - Formulas or Values to put the desired data in the chart's source data range. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com ___...

Appleworks in Office 2004
I've just installed Office 2004 on my new Powerbook. It claims to open Appleworks Files in Word and Excel but doesn't seem to recognise any of them when I try. I tried giving them a .cwk extension but that didn't help. Any help available? I've got hundreds of files on my old computer that I need to access on the new one. Doug In article <1134851053.833291.325370@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "Doug Thompson" <doug.thompson@virgin.net> wrote: > I've just installed Office 2004 on my new Powerbook. It claims to open > Appleworks Files in Word ...

Error in closing Outlook
Hi, Can anyone help me. After I close my MS Outlook, it displays "Please wait while Microsoft Outlook exits" but this dialog box never goes off. I need to use the task manager and click 'End Task' to shut it down. begin 666 New Text Document.txt ` end It doesn't work.... Any other suggestions? "Conrad Pfleging" <cj@NOSPAMpflpfarm.com> wrote in message news:eYcW5r4TDHA.3700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Run "Detect and Repair" from under the help menu in Outlook > "Christ Lestario" <christ_lestario@hotmail.com> wrote in mes...

interface not registered error #2
Whenever I try to send an email using Outlook, I get a pop- up window labeled "Microsoft Word" that says "Interface not registered", and the mail won't send. What can I do to correct this? Thanks I installed Windows Updates and I am now getting an Interface not registered every time I try to send emails. I am using Word 2000 and Outlook 2000 on a XP profeesional Operating system. Any suggestions??? Hello I spent a multitude of hours today trying to solve the following problems with Office 1) Could not print from Outlook - always got a script error on line 134 2...

Error messages in outlook & unable to update
I have Office 2000. I upgraded from windows 98 to Windows xp. When I am in outlook, if I right click to paste something in my e-mail message, I always get an error message and it locks up or takes me out of Outlook. It happens when I click to change the text format as well. When I try to search for office updates to my computor at office online, I get an error message "Unable to check for updates on this computer." Then it states 4 different reasons that why it could be. 1. administration priv. (I am the only user) 2. network problem 3.Windows Installer patch files (.MSP ...

new version of money
I have just downloaded a new version of Money ( canadian). I was using an old version and now the new version won't even let me open the old one to transfer it to....I really need help...it says it can't open an files on an old version..what am I doing wrong?... In microsoft.public.money, harley wrote: >I have just downloaded a new version of Money ( canadian). I was using an old >version and now the new version won't even let me open the old one to >transfer it to....I really need help...it says it can't open an files on an >old version..what am I doing wro...

2005 Deluxe
I found the Bill Reminder setting inside of Money 2005 Deluxe and it's set to 10 days, but it seems Money Express is no longer available. Are Bill Reminders available outside of Money or do you have to log into Money all the time to see bill reminders? Oh, BTW, just an FYI to say that Money Express startup run entry is left in the registry during 2004 uninstall. Just in case you don't know how to remove the registry entry, it's ok if it stays there. Daniel HI Daniel In my opinion, the bill reminder, is not one of Money's stronger assets. I used it when I used Quicken, ...

Surface chart
Word Up, I have finally got the surface chart to work. I am using a sweet 2D one with colours representing different values. Problem is there are only 3 colours used to differentiate the values displayed. How do I make the chart have more colours, and how do I choose these colours, Regards, Scott Double click on the legend, and use the familiar controls on the Scale tab. You could also select Value axis from the Chart toolbar dropdown, and format that. Contour plots have a hidden Z axis (value axis), which in a Surface chart (the 3D equivalent) you could click on and edit. - Jon ----...

Money Saving Tips Via New Search Engine
You can search dozens of frugal living web sites without spam or popups for tips on living the frugal life. http://saving-dollars.com Ken ...

Error Outlook 2000
Expensive gentlemen,=20 I come for this way to request support mainly technician=20 due to a set of errors that have come to occur, with=20 programs of the Office, nominated the Microsoft Outlook=20 2000 and Microsoft Word 2000. Error in the Microsoft Outlook 2000:=20 The Error for the Microsoft Outlook 2000: 1.=BA - Always=20 that I open Outlook 2000, the message appears immediately=20 the following message: Error Outlook.exe has generated and=20 will beand will be closed by Windows. You will need you=20 restart the program. Error An log is being created.=20 Computer:=20 LapTop Marca:Comp...

ERROR on opening excel
I get an error message that says "cannot use object linking and embedding" every time I start up the program. I get it when I start a new file and when I open saved files. After I click "OK" on the error, the program shuts it self down. I've looked for this error on the knowledge base but came up empty handed. Any Idea's? -- Thanks, Travis Sapara VM-Systems Service Manager travis@vm-systems.com (780)632-2859 Coincidentally, there's a followup to where I stole my message: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com The author, Lut...

Money File password Error
My computer crashed and with it my Money 2004. I was able to recover my money files. I don't have the original CD of the money 2004 since I lost it moving to a new office. I bought money 2007 and won't open my file "invalid version". I downloaded a 2004 version to open it and it says "invalid password" I'm 100% positively sure my password is ok. Can you help me? In microsoft.public.money, raflores70@hotmail.com wrote: >My computer crashed and with it my Money 2004. I was able to recover >my money files. I don't have the original CD of the money 2004 ...

OutLookXP fault error during finding contacts in LDAP Server
My office computer has WindowsXP+SP1(English) and OfficeXP+SP2 installed. If I set the "Language for non- Unicode programs" to English(US) in regional setting, it runs well. But since I have other Chinese applications, so I want to set the default to "Chinese(PRC)". Then the outlook will has fault error when I doing finding a contact in company's LDAP server. I found the error message in Events Log, here is: ========================================================== Description: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.4510.0, faulting module msvcrt.dll, ...

I receive an error message during login from mobile client.SQL8000
Hi, i´m getting following error message from the mobile client: in the CRMMobileErrorLog.txt on the mobile client: SQL CE exception Error Code: 80004005 Message : [ tblOutbndQueueError ] Minor Err.: 28544 Source : Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition Err. Par. : tblOutbndQueueError Exception Contents : [ tblOutbndQueueError ] [TIM]02.21.2007 09:36:56 [CMP]mMBSException [LVL]0 [EVT]3080 [TXT]Nicht verarbeitete Ausnahme. Exception details : Message : ThreadAbortException Exception Contents : System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: ThreadAbortException bei System.PInvoke.PAL....

Installing testdrive MS Office 2004 for Mac
While trying to install the above on my iBookG4, I get the following = error=20 message "The Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive cannot be run from a = volume=20 with read only permission. Reinstall the test drive on a volume with = read and=20 write permission" Is there someone who can hold my hand in solving the above problem? Prem Hi Prem, Where exactly you are trying to install the test drive? I have inserted a CD onto your system and if you are pointing to install on that volume then you may get such errors. When you open the test drive icon you may find a folder wh...

Error when importing customizations
I exported some customizations from one CRM installation and tried to import them into another CRM installation for a client. When importing onthe client's installation, the import function fails and I receive the contact your adminstrator error message. I tested the import on the original installation by re-importing the original xml to the site and then importing the changes that had been previously exported. There was no problem with the import on the original site. I thought that I should be able to export customizations from one site and import them to another site without ...

error choosing label
I need to direct Access 07 to start printing with a certain label on the sheet. I have reviewed the thread "choose label to start printing" on this site, which gives the following instructions that were helpful to the person that asked the question: "First make sure your label report is properly printing a full sheet of labels. Then add a Report Header to your label report. Add 2 text boxes to the Header. 1) Name one SkipControl Leave it's control source unbound 2) Name the other SkipCounter Set it control Source to =[Skip How Many?] Now code the Report Header Format...

Subtotal #5
Every month, I need to take a large spreadsheet, generate subtotals and then produce a report based on the subtotls. Using the Data, Subtotals and collapsing the data allows me to see on screen exactly what I would like to put into my seperate report in email/Word format. How can copy this and paste it without all of the data as well? Thanks in advance. Jimbo Hi Jimbo One way Ctrl+G (or Edit>Goto), select Special, select Visible cells only, Ctrl+C (or Copy) then Paste. -- Regards Roger Govier "Jimbo" <jfroche@sympatico.caSPAMLESS> wrote in message news:et...

Error Message when sending email
I have a client who is running SBS 2003 with Backup Exec 9.1 They are able to send emails to my support email address fine from within outlook. Backup Exec is set to notify me with their backup results but when it tries to send the email to me it comes up with the following: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <domain name of client #5.5.0 smtp;550 Recipient Not Authorised [recipient rejected due to no authorised destination groups]> Why would it do this when I can send emails to the same address from...

Outlook 2003 gives me the error "Failed to update headers"
I have a customer who has not been able to receive any new mail using Outlook, although he can send. When he opens Outlook, there is no error, but when he clicks on Inbox, a message shows up that says "Failed to update headers". We login to a domain here, and he gets the same problem with any machine he logs into. Thought it may have been an issue with his account, but server and account administration support says everything checks out fine. The fact that it happens on every computer, and identical symptoms, is a clear sign to me that it is an issue with his account, although I ...

comparing averages on chart
I've recently just learnt how to use pivot tables and charts and I've created a table and chart which deals with different agents fro different groups and how they performed in monthly tests. What i nee to know is how do i place the comparison of averages onto th chart.:confused -- rushd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rushda's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3054 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50196 Your Data Range will have to be selected from the row(s) or c...