Money 2004: Displaying an associated cash account in the Account List

My brokerage firm provides me with an investment account that also
acts as a chequing account.  As a result, I track the cash balance of
the account in its associated cash account.

It appears that in order to get a summary of the balance, I must
switch to either the portfolio or transaction view.  Is it possible to
view a summary of this associated cash account in the main account
list?  I would like to do so without creating a new cash account and
transfering all the transactions to it.

Thanks!
Steve Guidi
0
Guidi (1)
2/3/2004 4:49:57 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Steve Guidi wrote:

>My brokerage firm provides me with an investment account that also
>acts as a chequing account.  As a result, I track the cash balance of
>the account in its associated cash account.
>
>It appears that in order to get a summary of the balance, I must
>switch to either the portfolio or transaction view.  Is it possible to
>view a summary of this associated cash account in the main account
>list?  I would like to do so without creating a new cash account and
>transfering all the transactions to it.

There is no solution that meets your specification.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

On-line services set up failed with "new & improved" Money update
Money 2005 Premium: with the mid-August unannounced update by Microsoft, I lost my ability to go on-line. I reviewed the instructions inside Money and tried to re-set the on-line service but I'm now in a loop that doesn't seem to have any way to back out of it or to move forward successfully. Instead of disabling the account first, which is listed in the long, weary icon version of the update instructions, I went to set up online services and now have the message "complete setup for online services" which apparently will not work because I consistently get a message ...

Entourage 2004 and Exchange 2003 Cluster
Hello, I have an Active Passive Exchange 2003 SP2 cluster Exch1 and Exch2. When I set it to Exch 1 our one MAC user running Entourage 2004 is unable to connect. Does anyone know what setting to check on the Exchange server? Thanks, DOTT ...

Combo Box List Content Control
I want both the code and corresponding English translation to appear in the dropdown box. The codes are in col A, and the translations are in col B. Under Properites, ListFillRange I have entered: Jobs!A2:B200. Only column A is shown in the dropdown box. Also, when I select one of the dropdown options I get a VB error with my "Jobs!A2:B200" displayed in the VB code. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks. Did you change the columncount property to 2? Be aware that the both columns will appear when you click on the dropdown arrow, but only one value will appear in ...

How to Exclude Account from Budget when Option Check Box is Inactive?
I want to exclude the income in my retirement accounts from being included in the budget planning and being shown as income in monthly reports. In the account details, the option is "checked" to include in budget planner but the lined is grayed out and in-active and thus I can't uncheck it. How to uncheck? ...

How do I display daily duty timings (day/night) of employees for .
I am looking for a template that would permit me to display the work timings of my 30 employees. They either work the day shift or the night shift. ...

global address lists, and or distribution lists
Was wondering if it is possible to create a distribution list that can function similarly to a global address list. The stated purpose of a distribution list is to be able to coordinate a mass email to a set a pre-selected individuals. I want to know if it's possible to have a list, separate from those individuals already listed in the global address book, so that you can access a certain individual, or a group of people from within the list, and email them separately, not as one joint email. If this is possible, I was wondering about how to set it up in microsoft outlook 2002...

Downloads checking account information into my Money 2006 Savings
I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file?-- Grasshopper In microsoft.public.money, New Money 2006 user wrote: >I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I >import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. >Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file? Is the problem you have the one described in http://support.microsoft....

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

Non Inventory Item Posting Account
where to set the default post account (debit) for receiving of non-inventory item, with and without purchase order? I tried to use Posting Accounts>Sales>Non Invenotised Item but it does not seems to pick up. Dear HFLo: You need to set the posting accounts in the Purchasing series for receiving transactions. However, there is no 'Non-Inventory' posting account setting in Purchasing as there is in Sales, so the account you want the non-inventoried item charged to really needs to be selected when you are setting up the Purchase Order. When you enter the item in the PO Line ...

List Boxes #2
Can someone tell me how to correct the following code so that both columns in the listbox will be updated? Only the first column distplays Dim MyArray() ReDim MyArray(mycount, 1) usrGLDist.lstOutput.ColumnCount = 2 For i = 0 To rst.Count - 1 MyArray(i, 0) = rst.Value("descr") MyArray(i, 1) = rst.Value("pcamt") rst.MoveNext Next i 'Load ListBox1 usrGLDist.lstOutput.List() = MyArray Richard wrote : > Can someone tell me how to correct the following code so that both > columns in the listbox will be updated? Only the first col...

Cannot open Money Deluxe 2007
New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it. Windows keeps shutting it down. Tried running as admin. Tried uninstalling, then reinstalling. Help! -- Karen In microsoft.public.money, Karen wrote: >New laptop, successfully using Money, then now I cannot open it. Windows >keeps shutting it down. Tried running as admin. Tried uninstalling, then >reinstalling. Help! What OS? Is there an error message? Were you successfully using Money on that new laptop? Did the problem occur recently? You might want to consider a system restore point from before the pr...

I need a list of command line switches for Microsoft WORD.
I am using a Shell command to execute Microsoft WORD 2003. I need to halt execution of VBA code until WORD finishes it's task. Is there a command line switch for WORD to cause it to pause the VBA function until it is finished? Is there a VBA command to pause execution of code until WORD finishes? Thanks. I am pretty sure the answer to your specific question is "No". If you tell us exactly what you are doing, including from where the Shell command is being executed, maybe we can suggest another way that will overcome the problem. -- Hope this helps. Please r...

User Display name
I have a minor issue I cannot figure out. One of my CRM users display's as FirstName, LastName the rest as Lastname,FirstName. How do I get them all to display correctly? Thanks in the organization settings of CRM you can set the full name format. unfortunately when you change this is does not update existing records...only newly created ones. "MattB" <MattB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECC6A9CF-6E69-478E-8D41-F4A1C0EEACAF@microsoft.com... >I have a minor issue I cannot figure out. > One of my CRM users display's as FirstName, LastName ...

Help with displaying the contents of the last populate cell.
I have numerous sheets within a book where all cells in column C in all sheets have the following formula “=IF(ISBLANK(P4),"",(R3-P4))”. For you reference both columns P and R hold a monetary value and are formatted as Currency. Is there a way that cell D1 can automatically be populated with the contents of the last cell in column C that has a value in it. E.G. Sheet 1, cell C19 has a value of 200, therefore cell D1 should be 200. Sheet 2, cell C25 has a value of 250, therefore cell D1 should be 250. Sheet 3, cell C99 has a value of 900, therefore cell D1 should be 900. Any h...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. ...

Money 2006 to 2008
I got the dreaded notice that I needed to update so that I could continue my services. Was running 2006. No problems. Upgraded to Money Plus 2008. I really am using just the basic features for now. It takes *forever* to open. Once I do an online update and it completes, it takes about twice or three times as long to return control to me as 2006 did. Any way to speed it up? I'm running Vista on a not too ancient dual core 2.2 GHz with 4 GB RAM. In microsoft.public.money, Grouch wrote: >I got the dreaded notice that I needed to update so that I could >continue my services....

Paying Bills
Hello, I have two accounts that go to the same payment service for payment. I can only create one bill for the first account # I do not see how to add a second bill for my second account # Is there a way around this? Thanks Frank Money 2004 Yes. Use different payees like MasterCard {hers} and MasterCard {his}. The braces ant their contents make this work and suppress the contents when, say, printing a check. "Frank" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oln2RCfQEHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have two accounts that go to the same payment service for paymen...

Comparing two email lists
Hi. I'm trying to find a function or way to compare two lists of email addresses and see the difference between the two. I have an email distribution list from a long time ago and one from recent and need to know which names have been added and which names were dropped. Can anybody help me with this? also feel free to email me at crellwanger@aol.com Thanks so much for your help. I have been struggling with this same type of scenario on and off for a few months. I finally have the ultimate solution for dealing with two lists that have matches and also potentially many difference...

Adding entry to validation list without retyping all lists
OK so I have a worksheet with a drop-down list that has the states of the US listed. In the next column are 50 dependant drop down lists that have various cities listed, and depending on which state you choose, the drop down list of that state's cities shows. Is there any way I can include the option "Other" in the cities column (call it column B) without going back to my list source (my list is a named range) and typing in "other" in the lists of each of the 50 states. I am a little too lazy to do all that if I don't have to. Thank you for your time being...

different budget ID for single account
when calculating the budget for an expense account lets say 111-222-333, is there any way to tell which budget id to use or if both buget id are using for calculating the budget amount. the expense account exists in both budget id. ...

Money 2002 Grabs download
I am using Quicken but wanted to tried out money 2002 installed on my new E machine computer. Now I try to download my bank info to Quicken but money grabs download with out asking me which one (Quicken or Money) to download to. Before I played with money it worked just fine. What can I do? I dont want to compleatly Kill Money off my system, I tried to cancel my bank Acc #. Help!!! Thanks Deny In microsoft.public.money, Deny wrote: >I am using Quicken but wanted to tried out money 2002 >installed on my new E machine computer. Now I try to >download my bank info to...

Money 2002 wont launch anymore
I have been usin Money 2002 for a year or so to do all my Banking. Today I double clicked the icon to launch the program I goa an hour glas for a sec or two but Money never came up. After repeated trys I attempted to reinstall it but it didn't help. Does antone have a clue? I can't pay my bill's!!! Thank you in advance.... Read the posts before posting. Sometimes you will find that your topic is the most discussed topic of the past week. Like this time. "Crazyhorse" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01c701c3fa73$04a91a00$a101280a@phx...

money 2000 online bill payment
does anyone know how i can activate the online bill payment option for money 2000? It says that fifth third bank does not support online bill payment but it does. it probably didn't however at the time 2000 was rolled out. any suggestions? You could try updating or disable and re-enable online services in case Money is using an old version of the fipartnr.ini file that for some reason isn't getting updated. I'd also recommend calling the bank to ensure that you should be able to enable online bill pay in Money 2000. "scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Account maintenance
the budget button is gray out in my account maintenace screen. Any idea how to enable that? ...

Global address list restrictions?
Is there a way to allow an email client to see our exchange servers globabl contact list to view the name and email address only. we have a case where we need to give a user an exchange email account but we do not what the user to be able to use the global address list to view personal information such as there address or the department they work ing(from AD). Thanks James This article has a lot of relevant information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822940/en-us Nue "James1234" <James1234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0300E9-52F8-41FB-BD1D-1C1...