Money 2004 crashes when requesting "account list"

I've been using Money for quite a while, and built a large
file. I upgraded to 2004 when buying a new computer and
imported the old file. When I request "Account List" from
the button or the "Accounts & Bills" menu, the program
declares an error and closes itself. The error message it
transmit to Microsoft is "AppName: msmoney.exe	 AppVer:
12.0.0.613	 ModName: mspfctl0.dll
ModVer: 12.0.0.613	 Offset: 0002f2a5"

Another Money file I have (tracking a different set of
accounts) does not have this problem.

I have tried remove and reinstalling the program twice. I
tried creating a new file, but once I got most of my
investment data in to it, it started having the same
problem.

Suggestions?
0
anonymous (74722)
3/7/2004 11:57:59 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Wrong Total in Account List in Money 2004
I been using Money since 2003 to keep all my finances and have really liked it. But recently (a week ago), Money has started messing up my account totals. The totals in the individual accounts (the transaction register) are correct, but when I go to Account Lists to see a summary of all my accounts, the totals are wrong. I have tried looking around, but have had no luck figuring it out. Any help would be great... In microsoft.public.money, Dustyn wrote: >I been using Money since 2003 to keep all my finances and >have really liked it. But recently (a week ago), Money >has st...

Balance in Checking Account disagrees with balance in account list
I am using Money 2003 and noticed today that my balance in the register of my checking account is correct, but when I switch to the account list view, it says that I have a balance $400 higher than what the register balance is. All the other balances in other accounts appear to agree from the register to the account list. Is this a program bug? Can this type of error be fixed with the money salvage utility? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, joni wrote: >I am using Money 2003 and noticed today that my balance >in the register of my checking account is correct, but >when I...

Error in account list balance
My checking account and credit card balance listed on the account list page is different than the ending balnce listed in the account ledger(i.e. from account list page click on the account). The account ledger is correct. There seems to be a specific transaction that was posted in the account ledger and reflected in the ending balnce but does not change the balance on the account list page. I have deleteed and reentered the transaction. I have balanced the accounts. Nothing seems to correct this error. Hi I have the same error on one of my accounts Cyrus >-----Origin...

Account list balance does not match register balance...help...please???
I am having an issue in which my account register balance (which is correct and matches my bank balance) does not match the balance displayed in my account list page. Here are the symptoms: 1) All withdrawals and deposits are reconciled (I download all transactions daily). 2) The account register w/ the detailed transaction data is correct and matches the bank as well as my manual calculations. 3) The account list page displays is always $0.27 less than the account register page. 4) Only happens for one account (my checking account). I have tried the following as troubleshooting: 1...

Default view of Investment Account in Account List
I work out of the Account List in the Banking tab, which is my opening screen. When I click on an Investment Account, the default view is the Investment Transactions, not the Account Summary or the Cash Transactions. This is not very logical and highly irritating. The most logical default view would be...Account Summary. Is there any way I can change the default view to Account Summary when I click on an Investment Account? I know I can get this view in the Investing tab, but I must click through even more irritating MSN ads, in the software I paid alot of money for, to get to that ...

Account list is incorrect
I just noticed that the Account List amounts for my checking and AMX accounts are incorrect. The Account Register detail is OK if I use the "all transactions" view. If i use the preferred "Unreconciled transactions" view the balance calculates the same incorrect number in the Account List. I have a feeling this is a common problem - any ideas? Note: The Quick File Repair made no difference. Thanks, Steve H In microsoft.public.money, SteveH9034 wrote: >I just noticed that the Account List amounts for my checking and AMX accounts >are incorrect. The Account Re...

Account List Totals not being updated
I have been using Money for several years. I'm now using Money 2003 on my Windows 2000 system. I noticed this morning that the account values in the Account List view were not being updated to agree with Portfolio Values after share prices were downloaded from the Internet. I tried a reinstall and that didn't fix the problem. Then I ran the latest Microsoft "Salvage" utility on my data file and that said the file was okay. If anyone has any helpful suggestions I would love to hear them. If you wish to do so you can contact me at cbritman (at)cox(dot)net Thanks...

M04: Account list balance does not match register balance
Everything was fine for months until about a week ago. One of my credit card balances in the account list is much higher than the balance shown in the register (register balance is correct). What should I do? Tod Consider File|Repair Money file|Quick file repair. Alternately, read http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104, "Tod DeBie" <tod_debie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JCwAc.27847$Ha2.21782@twister.socal.rr.com... > Everything was fine for months until about a week ago. > > One of my credit card balances in the account list is much higher than the > bala...

Account List Drop-down menu doesn't split into columns
I've been a long time user of Money (since 97) and recently upgraded from 2000 to 2004. I like most of the changes in 2004 but because I am a BIG keyboard short-cut guy there was 1 change that was very annoying until I figured out how to work around it. Maybe this will help some others... In 2004 the drop down list of accounts (by clicking on the account name when viewing any account) no longer splits into multiple columns when needed. Thus when you have more accounts than your screen height can display you can't see them all by using the drop down menu and the mouse, you ha...

Money 2005
-- ... Hank http://horedson.home.att.net http://w0rli.home.att.net Revert to M04. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=169. ...

Account List Views
Hello, I've noticed in the new 2004 version, below each of my accounts it lists the last 3-4 tranactions. How do I turn this off? It's extremely annoying. Thanks, In microsoft.public.money, Elissa wrote: > >I've noticed in the new 2004 version, below each of my >accounts it lists the last 3-4 tranactions. How do I >turn this off? It's extremely annoying. Click the little minus signs in front of the account names. Thanks. . as I suspected I'm a idiot! >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, Elissa wrote: > >> >&g...

Money 2004 crashes when requesting "account list"
I've been using Money for quite a while, and built a large file. I upgraded to 2004 when buying a new computer and imported the old file. When I request "Account List" from the button or the "Accounts & Bills" menu, the program declares an error and closes itself. The error message it transmit to Microsoft is "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mspfctl0.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0002f2a5" Another Money file I have (tracking a different set of accounts) does not have this problem. I have tried remove and reinstalling the progr...

Cash Accounts in Account List
I want to set up cash accounts that represent money in my checking account for budgeting purposes. Is there a way for these cash account balances to not "count" in the total account balance on the account list page? Quicken has a feature where you just check the "do not include in total" box, I haven't found anything like that with Money 2006. ...

MSN account list
How come I can't get a CASH account to show up in MSN. I want to enter transaction on MSN site from work and on the road, and sync them when I get home. ...

Account list has incorrect amounts in MS 2004
Using Microsoft Money 2004, the dollar amounts on my "Account List" page do not match the dollar amounts on the individual account register. I saw this referenced as a problem over a year ago, but I never saw a resolution. I've tried the FileRepair, but that didn't work. Questions: How can I fix this? Is this a problem with the Money software or the file? If it's a problem with the money software, will the file work properly with MSM 2006? Thanks ...

Last Updated date wrong on Account List
Hi- When I click on Accounts it shows the Last Updated date for my broker to be 12/29/04 but I just updated it today and got transactions. When I click on the date it brings up the little box with the passwords and everything and in gray says last updated as 1/1/05. Now I just recently switched brokers and changed this account over to a new login and password so I am wondering if it might have something to do with that. It is not a huge deal just kinda annoying when I am trying to figure out if everything is up to date. Does anyone know what might be causing this discrepancy? Thank...

Account list showing incorrect balance
Hi Money 2004 std, Canadian version. When I view my account list in money, one of the accounts has an incorrect balance and is exactly $1000 out. When I click on the account in question the balance displays correctly and all transactions are present. How can I resolve this? TIA KIWI In microsoft.public.money, KIWI wrote: > >Money 2004 std, Canadian version. > >When I view my account list in money, one of the accounts has an incorrect >balance and is exactly $1000 out. When I click on the account in question >the balance displays correctly and all transactions a...

Money 2005
-- ... Hank http://horedson.home.att.net http://w0rli.home.att.net See reply in other post. ...

On Line Stmt Balances Different than Account List Balances
I just migrated my money files from an old pc to my new pc by backing up the files on a diskette and then opening the backup diskette on my new pc. I then downloaded about a one week of transactions from my bank and credit cards; however the balances reflected on the "Read Online Statments" screen are different than the "Account List" balances, and the "Read online" balances appear to be the correct balances and agree with the balances on the institution websites. .. I just had a very similar problem. I had downloaded transactions on my old PC and ha...

Updating account list
If I no longer use a financial institution or named bank account, how can I delete that name so that when I'm entering an investment transaction and the 'Investment' column asks for the name of the account, the drop-down list of account names will contain only those which I currently use (or wish to maintain on the list)? If you wish to remove accounts from the list, then it would be best to close the accounts if they are no longer in use. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for M...

Error in three accounts: register total doesn't match account list
Out of maybe 35 accounts, all of a sudden I'm getting an error that says that the account register total doesn't match the account list balance. In fact, the account list balance is correct. I am also offered a separate small password enty box, which when I enter my password on it, changes the account list balances in the wrong account to the register total for each. So now I have to go into these three account which now have some sort of error, and try and figure out what the new errors are. Note that they accounts had been in balance (vs. other records, the bank websites, ...

Account balance does not match account list
I've seen a few people with this problem that I have, but the fix that worked for others does not seem to work for me. I am running Windows XP with Money 2004 Small Business. Here is the procedure I have followed: 1. Make a copy of your Money data file. 2. Open that copy. 3. Delete ALL transactions in the problem account. 4. Export that account as a QIF file 5. Examine the QIF file in Notepad. 6. If it is not empty and shows one or more transactions, then those are likely the culprits. The only transaction in the exported QIF file is a 0 dollar opening balance. Since the problem tr...

How to sort account list?

Error between account list balances and actual account register
Hi - I've raised this as a support call but I'm running Money 2004 and my account balance on the account list view is differenct than that on the account register view. Also in the account list is seems to show the last 3 transactions as being those that are listed in my bills and deposits for the next 6 months. It looks like these transaction have moved straight into my account but when I view account register they are not there! If I use the find option I can find these transactions - I can move them to other accounts and still cannot see them but they always affect the a...

M2005D
Two of my account balances no longer match as between the balance in the register (correct) and the balance on the account list (incorrect). I am notified each time that I open these accounts about the discrepancy. I followed the procedure in KB 838713 (which does not indictate that it works for 2005) and, using method 3, discovered the three future transactions that cause the discrepancy. However, i am unable to fix the problem using the methods described in KB 838713. Anyone have suggestions for fixing this? how it happened in the first place? None of the three future transac...