MOney 2004 Crashes on startup- msofd.dll problem

My Money 2004 was working fine till this evening.  As I
was using it, it crashed and now won't start up.  Crashes
each time.   Problem says with msofd.dll.  First crash was
with msisam10.dll.  I don't see any repair topics on these
items.  Do I reinstall and hope it starts working?  Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)
3/1/2004 10:52:07 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>My Money 2004 was working fine till this evening.  As I
>was using it, it crashed and now won't start up.  Crashes
>each time.   Problem says with msofd.dll.  First crash was
>with msisam10.dll.  I don't see any repair topics on these
>items.  Do I reinstall and hope it starts working?

Yes. That is easier than it sounds. Insert the disk. If setup does
not start automatically, run setup.exe from the disk.

Once going again, write down your serial number available at
Help->About in case you want to contact Microsoft with a problem
later.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/1/2004 11:38:41 PM
I tried the reinstall from add/remove programs, but still
have the same error problem.  Will try uninstall and then
reinstall.  Seems Money is really trying everyones
patience.

0
anonymous (74722)
3/2/2004 1:05:42 AM
wrote:

>I tried the reinstall from add/remove programs, but still
>have the same error problem.  Will try uninstall and then
>reinstall.

Making that install into a different folder/directory sometimes
makes the difference.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/2/2004 1:10:14 AM
I just did the uninstall of entire program, then a new
install.  Program started up to initialize screen, had
voice, then it crashed as before.  The file msofd.dll is
there in the money/system folder, dated 6-18-2003, size
2,764,800.  I really appreciate your help. Ken

0
anonymous (74722)
3/2/2004 1:39:03 AM
I just did an uninstall, then a custom, basic install to
different folder; c:\msmoney and it seems to be working
now.  Not sure what happended, but thanks Cal, it works
now.  wonder what is next?

0
anonymous (74722)
3/2/2004 2:07:10 AM
wrote:

>I just did an uninstall, then a custom, basic install to
>different folder; c:\msmoney and it seems to be working
>now.  Not sure what happended, but thanks Cal, it works
>now.  wonder what is next?

Next you write down your serial number available at
Help->About in case you want to contact Microsoft with a problem
later.

Then you review your backup strategy.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Problem inserting a column!!!
Hello all. I just accessed a worksheet which Im trying to add a column to... I highlight the column which i want the new column inserted ...and when i try to insert a column it doesnt work! A warning message comes up stating that a column cannot be inserted until blank cells are removed from the right side of the sheet or something to that effect!? Whats going on??? Thank you. -- londonchick ------------------------------------------------------------------------ londonchick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24529 View this thread: http://www.e...

Problem deleting messages on Outlook
Am trying to delete messages in my Inbox. The delete button and 'Delete' function under the Edit are returning the error message --' the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook. I've restarted several times including a full system shutdown. Clear your Deleted Items folder and in case you are working with a pst-file also run Compact Now and scanpst.exe against it to check it for errors. Then try again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create...

Problem while trying to open access training course on microsoft w
Hello, I was taking the online training course on Access 2007 but whenever I download the access file required for practice, the page linked to it with the instructions does not come up. Is there anything wrong with the links located within the access file? Is Microsoft updating them? Or if not should it be a local problem? Is the server being changed? Thanks for your help, Claudia On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 18:06:03 -0700, Claudia <Claudia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, I was taking the online training course on Access 2007 but whenever I >download the acce...

Money 2003 Problem
The age old problem. Never really backed up upon exiting Money. Computer packs up - no backup file. However a money file (.mny I think) is left in my documents. On attempting to restore it, it initially tells me a location where it will save the backup file. Then it gives the following error message. 'Money cannot locate C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\Backup2 or cannot open it because it is a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed,you will need to click OK and ope...

XML 2004 just 3 weeks away -- view program updates -- reserve room -- register today
XML 2004 Conference & Exposition –“From Syntax to Solutions” November 15-19, 2004 – Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, D.C. http://www.xmlconference.org XML 2004 is just 3 weeks away. The largest continuously running, independently organized XML conference, XML 2004 is produced by IDEAlliance http://www.idealliance.org and partnered by other industry and standards –making organizations, such as OASIS, W3C, WS-I, NISO, DISA, and LISA. XML 2004 taking place November 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. offers over 140 presentations, 30+ exhibitors, to...

Header problem
I have placed a header in an excel worksheet - and saved it - but when another person opens the same file - and previews the file the header changes. This user does not have to save the file - but when a third person opens the file and previews the file - the header matches that of the 2nd user. Has anyone seen this before? Is there a way to keep the header from changing? What do you put in the header? Is it dynamic (the path of the workbook for example???). Knikki wrote: > > I have placed a header in an excel worksheet - and saved > it - but when another person opens the...

Outlook crashes when typing recipient
Every time I try to send an email message in Outlook, it crashes as soon as I start typing in the recipient address. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? I do not have any Add-Ins installed. Thanks. It would be helpful if you provided at least some basic information such as: 1. Outlook version 2. Mail account type 3. Information store 4. The steps used to break Outlook. I suspect this didn't just start happening on its own for no reason. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <yofnik@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1159655665.219713.8280@e3g2000cwe.google...

2000 to 2003: Drop-down box crashes system inconsistantly
2000 version works fine. Users that run 2003 on XP crash when they use the drop-down box, which, after update opens filtered form. Solution: They copy the source FE file from the network location to local HD, then it works for a while, until it crashes again. Then they replace local file with network source. Weeks go by without a problem, on other days they have to do this 3-6 times a day. Source file remains the same. Very strange!!!!! Anyone any ideas?????? Presumably this combo is unbound. First thing to try is to force the record save before trying to do th...

entourage continually crashes, database size >10GB
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop since my database has grown larger than 6GB (now >10GB), entourage crashes several times a day - seemingly without reason. unlike outlook, where i can move messages out of the inbox .pst into a separate filed messages .pst, entourage does not appear to have this functionality. <br><br>this is frustrating as i wind up wasting huge amounts of time using the glacially sloooooow database utility to verify/compress/rebuild the database over and over again - only to have the same t...

Problem with LPBYTE lpBuffer - I always get the variable error
Hello all! I've got a problem with the variable LPBYTE lpBuffer - Debug watch reports me that this variable has a bad ptr. Then it's the cause that I'm not able to get success with loading my file which I need to see in my dialog's edit-box. This is the problem part of my code: __________________________________________________________________________ HANDLE hFile; DWORD dwSize; DWORD dw; LPBYTE lpBuffer = NULL; lstrcpy(szSoubor, TEXT("\\temp\\test.txt")); hFile = CreateFile(szSoubor, GENERIC_READ, 0, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, 0, NULL); if(hFile == INVALID_HANDLE...

CCommand object serialize problem
my code like this: CComand<CDynamicStringAccessor> rs0; ... rs0.Open( session,sqlstr,&ps); CFile theFile; theFile.Open(curdir+"db.dat",CFile::modeWrite); CArchive ar(&theFile, CArchive::store); ar.WriteObject((CObject *)&rs0); when it runs to ar.WriteObject((CObject *)&rs0),the system always report error: the memory "0x00000001" used by code "0x00000001" can not be read what wrong with it ? what I want is to store the rs0 from memory into hard disk,so I can use it after then by read it from hard disk how can I do it correct...

Can anyone help with this problem? bug?
I installed MYIE2 (www.myie2.com) and chose it to be default browser, when I reverted back to IE as default browser it affected one thing I know in Outlook. on the toolbar, when you open up a contact, theres a "road sign button" to the right of the "red flag" I get this error, when i click on it: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Crate an assocition in the Folder Options control panel" I dont know what association to go to in Folder options and uninstalling outlook and reinstalling it did not fix the problem no...

network problem
i set up one of our store using a dsl line and synchronizing to head office passing thru a router that was configured to go to a certain pc when connecting to port 34400 and 34202, the hq client log generates this error and aborted the connection: error 3704 operation is not allowed when the object is closed our other store which is connected using vpn works fine but we are deciding to change using dsl connection is there any other configuration needed to avoid this error This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0188_01C8E065.F672B350 Content-Type: text/pla...

GP SQL Server Performance monitoring, problem with CPU related loc
The past week our GP SQL Server has been locking up. All GP clients (around 15) lockup and are not able to do anything within the app. When this happens the CPU on the server maxes out. It last for around 15 minutes then the CPU goes back to normal and everyone can start to use the GP clients again. Is there a way to see what is happening? For instance maybe its a batch/transaction/query/report etc. that a user is running that is causing this. Is there a log I can review or something to help me pinpoint what process is doing this? Thanks for your input! Hi, Can you pl...

Very Strange Problem (Urgent)
On the Line date1 = COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime(); If i use F11 to step into the function GetCurrentTime the control goes to BOOL CHtmlView::GetTheaterMode() const and exception is there for me Can Someone Suggest Why UINT ThreadProc(LPVOID arg) { ::AfxOleInit(); COledateTimeThreadDlg *pDlg; pDlg = (COledateTimeThreadDlg *)arg; for(;;) { COleDateTimeSpan datespan; COleDateTime date1,date2; date1 = COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime(); ::Sleep(100); date2 = COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime(); datespan = date2-date1; } } void COledateTimeThreadDlg::OnButton1() { ::AfxBeginThread(Th...

Problems w/ Outlook 2003
Starting yesterday I have been having problems sending e-mails with Outlook 2003 SP1. I use Comcast and while I can recieve I can not send emails with multiple recipients. I get the following messages: Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Task 'mail.comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC60) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has r...

Problem with blocking of main thread with other thread
I have a problem with blocking of main thread: My application contains an interpreter and I need to write a debugger for it. The mainframe creates a thread that is interpreting instructions. When I need to break execution of instruction thread, I use WaitForSingleObject(m_WaitEventHandle, INFINITE); in the interpreter thread. Everything works fine until the window is opened from the interpreter. Then the mainframe freezes. When I break execution in VC the call stack for interpreter thread shows: � NTDLL! � KERNEL32! � CDebugManager::CheckBreakpoints() � CInterpreterThread::Run() � _Afx...

Visual Studio Tools Form Controls Crash
Hi It's not a critical issue, but i think it's worth knowing why it happens: In a VSTDG form when i drag any of the inherited controls in the bottom of the area (dexDefaultColorsProvide, dexLabelProvider, etc) visual studio crashes. VSTDG version is 10 with latest service pack. i tried visual studio 2005 & 2008 with same results. i also tried in different os ( vista, xp, 2003 server ) anyone knows something about it? salvattore, Yes that is a good question. Another good question is, why are you trying to do this? Why not just have your form inherit from DexUIForm and th...

Strange communicaiton problem between E2K3 BE & FE servers
Hi there, Exch2003SP1 with BE & FE config, both running on w2k3 (no sp) servers. All in a sudden, around 11am this morning, outgoing internet emails pending at BE's "Internet Mail - _6f11108f04be1b4fa16208b3824b69aa_S (SMTP Connector)" queue, in which when force it to retry, at additional queue information, it said "the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt". However there is no problem of incoming internet emails at the moment. Already restarted both SMTP virtual server at FE & BE, didn't help on the outgoing mails problem. On both B...

Please help with Excel formula problem!
I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this out, with no luck. I'd be PROFOUNDLY grateful if anybody can help. You have several cities, say 10, requesting various amounts of funding. You, the fund source, have a total of $1,500,000 in funds to give them. However, the total amount they're all requesting is, say, $1,655,502. You don't have enough; you only have $1,500,000. 1,500,000/1,655,502 = .9061. So, you grant EACH city 90.61% of what it requested, and all the grants total up to $1,500,000. No problem with that one, you can throw up a little spreadsheet in a few se...

Average return money 2007
Anybody know if money 2007 calculates an average per year % return rate in portfolio/investments. The closest thing I see in annulized return on your investments, is this the same thing? "Richard" wrote: > Anybody know if money 2007 calculates an average per year % return rate in > portfolio/investments. The closest thing I see in annulized return on your > investments, is this the same thing? "Richard" wrote: > Anybody know if money 2007 calculates an average per year % return rate in > portfolio/investments. The closest thing I see in annuli...

cd ripping problems
Recently I have had difficulty ripping my cd to my hard drive. Periodically, when I put a cd in my drive and try to rip it, the computer reboots itself, and then I am told that the computer had a serious error. It does not happen all the time. I never have difficulty ripping one of my dvds to back it up; only cds. Any answers? This is the wrong newsgroup for your message. This newsgroup is for the Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP solution. -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-85...

Tiling Problem
I have Office 2010 and have had the same problem in 2007, 2003 and XP. It has also been a problem with 3 different printers. I have a poster I print up on a regular basis and have a printer that prints edge to edge. I have printed with normal borders and edge to edge with the same problem. It skips printing the gaps between pages. There are missing sections and the pages do not match up properly, requiring manual filling in or smoothing of the gaps. An annoyance with black printing, but a problem with color. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks. Mike D. Look for a newer printer driver. -- ...

Money 95 to Money 2004
I have Money 95 on my old computer. I have finally updated to a new computer and purchased Money 2004 Premium. How do I or can I transfer my Money 95 data into Money 2004? I tried saving the database to a disc and then importing, but I still do not have access to my account information. any suggestion will be appreciated Deborah Save the .MNY data file from the old machine to a CD or similar; copy from the CD to disk in the new machine, verify that the new copy is not set to Read-Only, then double click on it. Money should take matters from here and upgrade your data file. If follow...

Problem with my Microsoft Word 2003
Hi, For some reason my 'Backspace' key no longer deletes whole words when I'm writing in word. If I highlight some text and press it, nothing happens - I have to use the 'Del' key intead. Any ideas why this has suddenly happened and how I can put it right? Tools >options > check 'typing replaces selection'. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>&...