Money 2004 corrupts on a restore

I backedup my 2004 database

I restored from my 2004 database backup and all the total
fields are about $555,729,300,950,923.43. Did i just
miscalculate how rich i am, or is that a bug. Ie it
appears to have maxed out the totals fields.

any ideas on how to solve this? should i reinstall 2004
and then try to restore again? or should i hang out for a
SP?

John
0
john.reid (2)
10/18/2003 10:58:08 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

The last thing to ever do on a Money problem is wait for Microsoft to fix
it.

See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q85 and
http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104.

In microsoft.public.money, John Reid wrote:

>I backedup my 2004 database
>
>I restored from my 2004 database backup and all the total
>fields are about $555,729,300,950,923.43. Did i just
>miscalculate how rich i am, or is that a bug. Ie it
>appears to have maxed out the totals fields.
>
>any ideas on how to solve this? should i reinstall 2004
>and then try to restore again? or should i hang out for a
>SP?

Do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/18/2003 6:20:05 PM
thanx, that worked. i guess i am wondering why that function was not tested
by the MS team. It's critical
> In microsoft.public.money, John Reid wrote:
>
> >I backedup my 2004 database
> >
> >I restored from my 2004 database backup and all the total
> >fields are about $555,729,300,950,923.43. Did i just
> >miscalculate how rich i am, or is that a bug. Ie it
> >appears to have maxed out the totals fields.
> >
> >any ideas on how to solve this? should i reinstall 2004
> >and then try to restore again? or should i hang out for a
> >SP?
>
> Do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair

0
john.reid (2)
10/18/2003 9:32:51 PM
I'd bet it was tested. Not everybody reports this problem. I'd bet that this
was a result of some preexisting problem in the file you were upgrading.
These seem to happen to an alarming number of upgraders.

> thanx, that worked. i guess i am wondering why that function was not
tested
> by the MS team. It's critical

spell checker word 2004
over the years i have never had a problem with microsoft word 2004 spell checker unitl now. the symptom: create document, run spell checker, window appears: "the speling check is complete." the problem: spell check has not done its job. i have planted booby trap errors, and they remain undetected. i have gone through preferences, dictionaries etc. i THINK i know what i am doing, but obviously i do not. i have been working on computers for years, and am currently on a macbook pro 17" osx 10.4.7 a clue: i cleared out some foreign language dictionaries recently, and the pro...

Required screen resolution for Office 2004
Hi, I have a first release iBook Clamshell that sadly only has an 800x600 screen resolution. Even more unfortunately, I was going through the Office 2004 sys requirements and found a 1028x768 res was needed. Since I *very* badly need Office, I was wanting to know if anybody has gotten working Office 2004 on an 800x600? Many thanks. Hi, there was a user who posted here some time ago, and he couldn't get Office 2004 to work properly as some dialogues, such as the Save dialogue, did not show up in their entirety on an 800x600 screen. Office v.X, Office 2004's predecessor, however, ...

Assigning categories in Money Essentials
I'm just getting started with Money Essentials after years of using an earlier version of Money. I see from Help that I can't assign a category to a transaction until AFTER I clear it. This is maddening as my previous version of Money would virtually insist that I assign a category at the time of entering the transaction. This seems to require me to assign it later when I may very well have forgotten the purpose. Not as unlikely as it seems, I assure you. Q. How to assign at the time of entry, please? There's very few Essentials users here but it appears to be an almost...

Converting Quicken 2008 to Money PLus Home & Business
I have long wanted to convert my quicken files to Money. I now find that Money can not convert any Quicken file from 2007 onward. Does anyone know if this will ever be supported? If not, what is the work around? I want to use Money as the small business invoicing function seems to be a bit more flexible. Please help Joanne M. Jacksonville, FL ...

how do I restore the pdf tool bar to excel?
I have PDF converter 2 software and had the pdf creator tool bar available when using excel spreadsheets and even though I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software the tool bar is still not available when I open excel, it is however, when I open word files. How do I correct this problem? Thanks for any assistance. I can make my PDF toolbar come and go using View|Toolbars and clicking PDFMaker 6 -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:295E1162-175F-4483-BEEC-757DF68517CD...

Password Problem Money 2005
Money will not let me sign in to my account. I have tried signing in offline. I have tried creating a new password and signing in both online and offline. Is anyone else having this difficulty? Is there any way around this? I really need to be able to access my accounts. Thank you for any help! In microsoft.public.money, sew4asong wrote: >Money will not let me sign in to my account. I have tried signing in >offline. I have tried creating a new password and signing in both online and >offline. Is anyone else having this difficulty? Is there any way around >this?...

Money 2004 unable to import Quicken 2004 data
I have Quicken 2004 insalled and downloade the MS Money trial and trie to impotr my Quicken 2004 data but got message syaing htere were unknown transation ytpes and none of the data gets imported. Does Modey suppotr conversion from Q2004? I have the very same issue here. Money reports a successful transfer but the accounts have zero balances and no transactions. I also tried the export from Quicken and then an import to Money-- Same results. I'm hoping to get it ironed out as I've used Quicken for years but the 2004 edition sux. "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

M$2004 uses estimated bill amount, not downloaded amount
I just upgraded from M$2002 to M$2004, and now when I download my statements and match them to my Bills and Deposits, it records the amount in the estimate, rather than the downloaded amount. Is there an option for configuring which AMOUNT to use? Thanks, C ...

Money 2002 Error 1606 after XP SP2
Just installed SP2 on XP Pro. Now I get error 1606 every time I load Money 2002. I can get rid of the error message by clicking cancel several times. How can I fix this? In microsoft.public.money, Blackstone wrote: >Just installed SP2 on XP Pro. Now I get error 1606 every >time I load Money 2002. I can get rid of the error >message by clicking cancel several times. How can I fix >this? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315352 helps. I get the same problem. When ever I start up my computer, I get an error message about Money 2002 not...

corrupt account in outlook 2003
I suddenly got error 0x800CCC92 in my Outlook 2003.It kept asking for username and password. I got around this by creating a new identity and all work's again,but with wrong identity. How do I get my old identity and mail back,Is there an easy way because many programs are installed with old identity. OS=xp sp2 OL doesnt have/use Identities, explain what you did "HB" <hwb317@telia.com> wrote in message news:OcacMAYLHHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I suddenly got error 0x800CCC92 in my Outlook 2003.It kept asking for > username and password. > I got around t...

MSN Bill Pay with money 2001
Can someone point me to a set of instructions for setting up Bill Payment from Money 2001. I already have Metavant setup but they are canceling their service at the end of this month. I setup the online portion but when I try to setup the Money 2001 portion I only gives me an option of Checkfree, Metavant, and Bank of Manchester. How can I get MSN Bill pay to showup? Thanks Wade It works fine with Money 2003. I don't know if it will work with Money 2001. Jeff "Wade" <wade.markham@framatome-anp.com> wrote in message news:013f01c34b01$105b5f60$a501280a@phx.gbl......

Old Money
Hi Im sorry to bother you guys but I have a question re "money". It seems that my "cash acccount" is not included in the overall picture, the balance of this account is not reflected on the "home" page. When I go to "Review your current budget status" page it says I have no income (wages & salary) at all when there clearly is income going into the cash account. The figures relating to the cash account dont seem to influence any totals. Sorry this is a bit hard to understand but its difficult to explain. Hope you can help me. Moose. ...

Save Restore Point to specific date
Is it possible permanently save the Restore Point to specific date (one day) as file? No it's not. Restore points are not complete backups, they depend on the integrity all newer restore points to work - thus they cannot be used alone. "anime" <anime@nospam.microsoft.news> wrote in message news:uq00jx09KHA.2248@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is it possible permanently save the Restore Point to specific date (one > day) as file? "Dave and Rosanna" <davexnett05@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ey8Oeh29KHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx....

MS Money for Windows Mobile 5.0
Is there a version of MS Money that will run on Windows Mobile 5.0? If not, will one be available soon? Thanks for any info. See the thread below "Sync Problem with Windows Mobile 5". Apparently, you will only be able to sync with a WM5.0 device when the new version of Money is released (usually Sept each year). In the meantime, if you own a WM5 device, then you can sync with Quicken 2006, but not with Money 2006. Go figure. "Bryan Cox" wrote: > Is there a version of MS Money that will run on Windows Mobile 5.0? If not, > will one be available soon? >...

Earn Money With Ur Website
Earn Money With Ur Website.Post Ads In Ur Website and get paid for every click which ur visitors clicks.more clicks more money.want to know how? Visit www.getmoneyonline.110mb.com ...

Problem Updating Money 2000 to Broker Statement Persists
I have downloaded activity reported by my broker to Money 2000 and am on the page "Review Investment Activity". The page says to click "Next" to update Money to the statement, but when I do the page freezes for about 15 seconds and stays the same. Nothing happens. Why? What can be done to update Money 2000 to the statement? I was advised to close Money, delete the browser temporary files and then open Money with Start, Run and "msmoney -s" (omitting the parentheses), which I did. This did not solve the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Excel 2003 . . . Can't Delete Corrupted Defined Names
I have an Excel workbook that I created way back when I was using Win 95. I used it for the years I had Win 98, and now I'm using it under Win XP Pro. My problem is that long ago two of the Defined Names apparently became corrupted, and I want to delete them. When I click the Delete option, it goes smoothly, but the names remain unscathed. One name has a definition that refers to a non-existent workbook, and the other contains a #REF! in it. How can I make them go away?? Hi try the following add-in to find/delete these links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink....

Money 2004 #78
Hi, I have Money 2004 came in Works 2004 with new PC. I want to use money (or at least try it) to keep my personal and household accounts. When I click on Money icon to open, I am asked for my net.passport password. I do have one, although have never used it before - when I put in this password it tells me it is incorrect. I don't want to use Money to access any online banking. Can someone help me out - how do I open the Money programme. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Money, but it still wants a net.passport password. Thanks in advance for any advice. Driff Igno...

Pivot Table Lesson Corrupts XL???
I had been using the Pivot table lesson at Microsoft's Web Site when the excel lost its colors on the dialog boxes and undo quit working..... anyone else had this? After contacting Microsoft both the color problem and the undo problem were fixed by renaming excel directory in two places in the registry. I do not know how the problem manifested itself in excel and not in word, but about the time i noticed the problem I had been using the Pivot table lesson at Microsoft's Web Site. I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but am unable to point to anything else. t...

Is 2004 Significantly Faster than 2002?
I am running a Dell Precision 420 with dual P3 600 mhz processors, 256K L2 Cache, 256 RAM, over a gigabite of available disk space on each hard drive. OS= Windows 2000 PRO. Has anyone who had a major speed problem using Money Deluxe 2002, upgraded from 2002 to 2004. Did speed impove substantially using 2004? Money 2002 Deluxe is incredibly slow. Opening up the expense page to edit my budget takes several min. Closing a modifed budget item takes several minutes. While not as bad it slow at most other functions as well. I have read fixes on this BB and tried all I can find: minim...

Leopard and Office 2004
I did a clean install of Leopard this weekend and I am having an annoying issue with Office 2004. All the files that I had copied from my backup do not show the Office Icons (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), all the show is a text type icon with either doc or xls in black print. I did a fresh install of office, applied all updates and ran disk permissions and still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions? On 5/11/07 13:55, in article 1194270940.622995.316740@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com, "Easton" <easton10800@hotmail.com> wrote: > All the files that I had copied from my backup do...

Money Invoice Designer
I've been trying to create a custom invoice, however it says that my EULA is not registered. Can anyone help? ...

Passport probs. with Money 2003
Trying to get this problem fixed... it seems that Money all of a sudden started disliking passport, saying that it couldn't verify my online sign in and that it would do an offline sign in. I even changed the password on the passport account, but I can't seem to get it to connect via the passport service. I can, however, do the Internet Updates option at the bottom of the screen and it will connect to my banks and receive updates. I've tried to remove the passport from money, but I get an error saying that there is a problem with passport and to try again later. All of m...

Re: Money 5.0-Error Updating Stock Quotes
When trying to update stock quotes via the internet, it no longe recognizes the stock symbols (this began happening sometime i Feb/March 2004). I've used the update feature in ver 5.0 for ~ 8 year without problems and have not changed any settings. Anyone have solution (other than the obvious....upgrade!) - tbridg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message593303.htm In microsoft.public.money, tbridge wrote: ...

Balance an Account Money 2006
In previous versions of Money when I balanced an account, I was able to see the debits and credits on the left side of the screen. This helped in my control of adding the credits and debits. Now all I see is an amount that is not reconciled. I need to get to zero. I miss the old way. Is the old way gone or is there a way to turn it on? Please help on this. Gone. Gone in M05 as well. (M04? Can't remember exactly where this came in. Diligent groups.googling could reveal. It's been a relatively common topic since it happened.) Microsoft thought you wanted it "simpler"...